The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Warhawk8492" data-cite="Warhawk8492" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Maybe if AEW does well on TNT, a better network from Viacom will want Impact just to get wrestling on their network.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've heard AXS TV might be an option. But if that happens, they can write this market off completely. Pop, Destination America, Pursuit. We get all of them here. AXS TV we don't. And being a southern company, I wouldn't think they'd want to lose a place that's hosted as many big cards over the years as Scope has. But then I can't remember the last time Impact was in Hampton Roads. Heck, Ring of Honor's been here more recently than I remember hearing of Impact coming to the region.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I cannot take Impact seriously when they have Sami Callihan vs. Tessa Blanchard as their main event on their biggest show of the year.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I only really liked Sami in Lucha Underground but Tessa is arguably their biggest star (or should be).</p>

I only really liked Sami in Lucha Underground but Tessa is arguably their biggest star (or should be).

I just hate intergender matches. Therefore, it does not matter if the match is good or not I just find the concept stupid.

I would have no problem with Tessa headlining against another woman. Though their Women's Division is looking pretty bad these days.

I just hate intergender matches. Therefore, it does not matter if the match is good or not I just find the concept stupid.

I would have no problem with Tessa headlining against another woman. Though their Women's Division is looking pretty bad these days.

I also am not big on intergender matches.

• 2 months later...
Anthem buying AXS TV and putting IMPACT on that channel might be the first upward traction this promotion has had in a decade. Good for them. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving lot.

Yeah, somehow with all of the "stars" they tried to bring in over the years, in some form or another, did not lead them to the promised land as prophesied. :rolleyes:

The roster works hard. This truly is the workhorse era it seems, as I feel the same way about most other rosters, despite booking.

Good to see guys like Cage, Johnny, Rhino, Dreamer, Dashwood, and RVD find their way back into the limelight :p

As well as giving shine to deserving dudes like Ethan Page, Willie Mack, Petey Williams! Jordynne Grace, Rosemary, Madison Rayne, Tessa Blanchard..

I haven't been excited for them in a bit, I might even watch.

I'll personally give Johnny Impact being on Survivor a slim bit of credit, just as a side note.

I think you are right, I just saw him on a few of their ads so not sure as far as tapings go.

If he chooses to return, now might be the best time with the new TV deal and all. I would actually prefer to see him there, to spread the talent a little bit. But I won't be surprised if he ends up in AEW or WWE.

• 1 month later...

<p>I actually caught Bound for Glory Sunday night as well, and this is the first full show of Impact Wrestling I've watched since Bound for Glory 2014 I believe it was, the main event of that show was Jeff Hardy and Austin Aries in a ladder match for the world championship.</p><p> </p><p>

Great show from top to bottom, I don't think there was one bad match on the card.</p><p> </p><p>

The 3 way tag match was by far my favorite. Also good to see Ethan Page getting his time to shine. I used to watch him wrestle for PRIME and AIW in ohio, and always enjoyed his stuff.</p><p> </p><p>

I found it funny that Josh Matthews completely spoiled the results of the X-Division ladder match earlier in the evening.</p><p> </p><p>

And can I say something about that ladder match? Holy christ that canadian destroyer through the ladder was hit perfectly. But there were a few spots that were cringe worthy. Acey Romero man, just take the bump, I could only imagine what would have happened if his foot hit that top rope.</p><p> </p><p>

Speaking of Acey, i am happy he got his contract with Impact. I've watched some of his stuff on the indies and good for him for finally getting a break. But Impact needs to step in and talk with him about his weight issues. I get it that it's part of his gimmick, but if he doesn't lose some weight I fear he will die at a young age.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I’m not big on inter gender matches, but Sami and Tessa work well together</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I hate inter gender matches because they are just not realistic to me. Nobody can ever convince me that a highly trained male athlete would ever lose to a highly trained female athlete in a combat sport. Therefore, I would not even bother to watch Impact anymore. </p><p> </p><p> I am also not a fan of OVE and Sami so that is yet another reason to not follow them. Also, I hate the Joey Ryan gimmick and that is one other knock against them, now that he has signed a multi-year contract with them.</p><p> </p><p> Which is a shame because I was one of the last TNA holdouts who was still singing the praises of them. I look at the roster and it is just bad.</p>

I hate inter gender matches because they are just not realistic to me. Nobody can ever convince me that a highly trained male athlete would ever lose to a highly trained female athlete in a combat sport. Therefore, I would not even bother to watch Impact anymore.

Happens all the time in every mat-based combat sport ever. And I dare you to fight Gabi Garcia and leave with your limbs attached to your body.

It CAAAAAAN work. But you've gotta do it like, with only the most over performers, very sparingly, and in a situation where she's the babyface, and she's got to climb the mountain. If you do it right, it's just big-guy-little-guy. If you do it wrong, you get Disco vs. _______. Like Baron vs. Becky Mania, First Blood... 100% getting over. Scarlett Bourdeaux vs. Disco on a random Impact working misogyny when she's dressed like a hooker is eye-roll stuff.

Happens all the time in every mat-based combat sport ever. And I dare you to fight Gabi Garcia and leave with your limbs attached to your body.

Very weak argument there. That is like saying well if you watch Marvel movies and do not have a problem with it there, then why would you have a problem with it in wrestling.

The reason why I said what you are saying is a weak argument is because I am not a highly trained male athlete. Therefore, I would get my ass kicked but I guess you over looked what I said to try to prove a point so point proven I guess.:rolleyes:

If you put Cyborg in the ring with John Jones are you really telling me Cyborg would be walking out the winner?

Very weak argument there. That is like saying well if you watch Marvel movies and do not have a problem with it there, then why would you have a problem with it in wrestling.

The reason why I said what you are saying is a weak argument is because I am not a highly trained male athlete. Therefore, I would get my ass kicked but I guess you over looked what I said to try to prove a point so point proven I guess.:rolleyes:

If you put Cyborg in the ring with John Jones are you really telling me Cyborg would be walking out the winner?

Cyborg is 145lbs and is 5'6. How is that proper matchmaking? Probably if you wanted to proper match make you'd probably go like... Joe Benevidez vs. Amanda Nunes. And I'd favor Joey Strangle... but it'd be a fight.

If my argument is weak... yours is Trumpian.

I mean, this is professional wrestling, Rey Mysterio Jr. wrestles guys 3x his size every night, and nobody has a single problem with how big he is. Size is the pervue of storytelling, gender equality is a matter of storytelling. If you do anything right, you can get it over. The right girl, the right moment, the right story... and it can work.