The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Give these a read

https://www.facebook.com/therealec3/posts/964075367032927

I don't see what is wrong with EY and Roode leaving, its not like both men have done everything there is to do in the company. Both men were built like champions and respected well. There is a little bit of me thats sad though but maybe the guys wanted to move on and try NXT and I can't blame them or perhaps they are retiring. This doesn't mean either guy can't come back in 1 or 2 years like Storm.

Sad to see them go, especially with the Roode and the pop they are getting with the beer money reunion. Will be curious to see if storm has some kind of clause to opt out now. Noted that both EY and Roode have titles at the moment and the impact page says we will see their final matches in the coming weeks - are they working off contract for a bit, or is TNA taping several weeks in advance now?

also noted that Austin Aries is still listed with the active roster.

<p>As somebody that doesn't really watch but only follows TNA, is their big problem the inability to build feuds?</p><p> </p><p>

It always feels that they only give matches one week build at the very most, sometimes announcing world title matches to happen on the following episode. Does that excite people? Or that does make fans disappointed that they won't get to see the build to the match?</p>

But to me it really hasn't bothered me it would be nice sure but each week is really good TV sometimes better than anyone else.

I hear that it's always solid but also forgettable.

I just see it as wasted potential. I'm referring to the most recent Impact episode which I won't spoil for anybody. But there's definitely a good, strong long term storyline there and they've opted to leave it all on the table.

• 2 weeks later...

From the Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

In a really bad sign, the television and office people will be moving at the end of the month from their headquarters at Cummins Station in Nashville, where the corporate offices have been located since Dixie Carter took over the company in 2002. The company had fallen behind in rent and were no longer able to afford to stay there. They had already moved the offices to the basement where the TV production was done to cut back on expenses and Cummins Station essentially evicted them effective the end of the month. They are now moving the corporate offices to the warehouse they had been using for their merchandise. Because there is no room for the television production at the warehouse, they are moving the production to the offices of North Star Productions in Nashville. Carter had been based at Cummins Station long before TNA ever existed, as she was running her Trifecta Entertainment publicity company out of those offices. The Jarretts hired Trifecta Entertainment to do their publicity when they started TNA in the summer of 2002. The Jarretts had lost so much money in the early months of TNA, due to having a business model that simply couldn’t work, doing weekly $10 PPVs with no television to promote the PPV. That was based on the idea that PPV was profitable but the costs of producing television unless you had somebody to pay you, which they didn’t, cost money, missing the obvious fact that without television to promote it, very few people were going to buy PPVs. They were thinking they could do 150,000 buys weekly due to the low price, but ended up hovering between 8,000 and 12,000 weekly after from the third week on when thing settled into a normal pattern. When they were going to have to close up because they were so far in debt, Carter, the publicist, found out and being from a wealthy family, she put together the deal where her father would purchase controlling interest in the company to keep it alive and she would become the company President. The new prospective investors, who do exist and are still in play, haven’t purchased an interest in the company yet as far as we can find out. They have put money in to keep the TV going. The deal revolves around who ends up with controlling interest in the company but the feeling is TNA needs the deal to go through to survive, giving the investors the leverage to get the controlling interest

Another bad sign is that with no notice, on 4/11, Pop TV canceled the second Tuesday night airing of Impact. I should point out it was no notice to the fan base, but TNA was aware but also didn’t let its fans know until the day before. The assumption that all fans are going to find out about time slot changes through the Internet is so flawed. The least you could do is give the fan base one week or longer notice on television. They pushed that there’s only one chance to see the show. The second airing will instead air at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday mornings. This feels just like Destination America, although they were bailing on the replays the first time they got a bad number while Pop at least waited for a full quarter. It’s not good news, but in reality, the people who are fans of TNA will just set their DVR’s if it’s a bad time slot, and if they don’t, they were losing interest anyway. But it sucks as far as making new fans on the West Coast because the two airings are 6 p.m. on a Tuesday and 8:30 a.m. on a Saturday. The change isn’t that bad, in the sense they weren’t moved out of prime time, but just the fact they’d make the change a day before airing is never a good sign. Plus, every time TNA has had a time slot move, the result has always been whittling away at the audience, and there’s so much evidence in that direction that Pop making this move pretty much says what they care. Plus Brad Schwartz, the President of the station, who was predicting 1.3 million viewers when they got the product, and regularly tweets about company programming, hasn’t mentioned TNA in a Tweet in more than a month

Seriously worrying times.

Hopefully TNA pulls through. They have been through worse than that. Dixie needs to step down though and let some new investor take over.

Worse than being evicted from their HQ? I don't know man, this sounds pretty dire.

I don't wish ill on TNA and it would suck if they went out of business and a lot of people lost their jobs, but they ran out of chances with me as a fan several years ago. Their only hope is for new management to take over, because Dixie quite frankly doesn't know what she's doing.

Worse than being evicted from their HQ? I don't know man, this sounds pretty dire.

I don't wish ill on TNA and it would suck if they went out of business and a lot of people lost their jobs, but they ran out of chances with me as a fan several years ago. Their only hope is for new management to take over, because Dixie quite frankly doesn't know what she's doing.

Losing there TV deal with Spike was worse or it was worse when Destination America screwed them over.

Losing there TV deal with Spike was worse or it was worse when Destination America screwed them over.

It sounds like PopTV is pretty dissatisfied with them too though; losing their slot on that network in the near future seems like a pretty realistic possibility. And this is a network that TNA is actually paying to be on, IIRC.

It sounds like PopTV is pretty dissatisfied with them too though; losing their slot on that network in the near future seems like a pretty realistic possibility. And this is a network that TNA is actually paying to be on, IIRC.

Difference with DA is they decided they just did not want wrestling on there network.

The DA thing was not TNA's fault (IIRC), sounded like DA just changed their mind and dropped both them and ROH. Have to wonder if they'd be better off with a new ownership group and a complete overhaul of the brand (new name, log, titles, etc). While the creative choices have been baffling as of late, TNA being around is good for the wrestling industry.

The DA thing was not TNA's fault (IIRC), sounded like DA just changed their mind and dropped both them and ROH. Have to wonder if they'd be better off with a new ownership group and a complete overhaul of the brand (new name, log, titles, etc). While the creative choices have been baffling as of late, TNA being around is good for the wrestling industry.

Are you watching the same show? TNA has been real good as of late. ECIII Vs Mike Bennett is going to be a great feud, Drew Galloway Vs Matt Hardy has been entertaining.