The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Robtallica" data-cite="Robtallica" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Wrestling Observer reports that TNA has signed Mexican professional wrestler Zorro and he is expected to debut at Bound For Glory apart of the "They" Abyss has been talking about.<p> </p><p> erm any1 no anything about this guy?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> TNAsylum said he was one of the biggest heels in AAA and he is an heavyweight. Match between him and Cibernetico who TNA is apparently also interested in:</p><p> </p><p> </p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="150" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/I1Y4tMJ0NbU?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="Cibernetico vs El Zorro Megacampeonato AAA p.1"></iframe></div></div>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Robtallica" data-cite="Robtallica" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>raven's gone? or injured?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not for BFG but for the first EV2 vs Fourtune match on Impact they subbed Kendrick for an "injured" Foley and Raven was just forgotten.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hyde Hill" data-cite="Hyde Hill" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not for BFG but for the first EV2 vs Fourtune match on Impact they subbed Kendrick for an "injured" Foley and Raven was just forgotten.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> good good. thanks for the Zorro vid too</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Robtallica" data-cite="Robtallica" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>good good. thanks for the Zorro vid too</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Np might wanna check out TNasylum. Yes they are a rumour site and obviously pro TNA biased but they have some nice stuff. Zorro they mentioned already a couple of months back or so.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hyde Hill" data-cite="Hyde Hill" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Np might wanna check out TNasylum. Yes they are a rumour site and obviously pro TNA biased but they have some nice stuff. Zorro they mentioned already a couple of months back or so.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> rumour sites are always good fun... glad to see raven wont the ev2 poll... i just hope beefcake is talking rubbish about him coming in</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Robtallica" data-cite="Robtallica" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>rumour sites are always good fun... glad to see raven wont the ev2 poll... i just hope beefcake is talking rubbish about him coming in</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep keeping my fingers crossed on that one. Could be in a semi joke reply to Nash that he said on Impact he would quit if Ed came in a long while back and his twitter comments.</p>

<p>Excellent I am still hoping for an "Originals" group.</p><p> </p><p>

Still hope my senario plays out. </p><p> </p><p>

10/7 Sting makes clear he suspects that Hogan and Bischoff are trying to take over from Dixie and has some "proof" eg the deception/them storyline. </p><p> </p><p>

10/10 Post Sting/Nash/Pope vs Hogan/Jarrett/Joe, after Joe turns on Jarrett, Hogan and takes out Nash and Sting and walks away to give Pope the pin, Abyss's "They" appear incognito and lay waste to Sting, Nash, Hogan and Jarrett. </p><p> </p><p>

Post Lethal Lockdown and Fourtune win. "They" lay waste to EV2.0 </p><p> </p><p>

"They" interfere in RVD vs Abyss costing RVD the win. </p><p> </p><p>

After the title match Abyss comes out and "They" reveal themselves to be TNA originals and Joe. </p><p> </p><p>

Post BFG </p><p> </p><p>

1. "They" lay waste to some of the minor and midcard faces and heels in TNA and Joe makes clear "They" where the ones that abducted him. OJ and Terry and Sharky etc are eliminated never to be seen again. </p><p> </p><p>

2. In light of "They" and Fourtune dominating and Hogan being out, Bischoff convinces Dixie to hand him full control to deal with it. </p><p> </p><p>

3. Fourtune realises Flair is the only old guy left and turn on him but Fourtune remains heelish. </p><p> </p><p>

4. Sting returns and claims Hogan and Bischoff are behind "They". Bischoff claims innocence. </p><p> </p><p>

5. It is revealed Bischoff is in cahoots with "They" and "They" now dominate TNA. Question is what side is Hogan on? </p><p> </p><p>

6. Hogan comes back and is revealed to not be on the side of "They". </p><p> </p><p>

7. Hogan's attempts to stop "They" with the help from veterans and other faces fails. </p><p> </p><p>

8. Hogan turns to Fourtune as a last resort and convinces them he really wants to help and that Fourtune is the premiere group in TNA etc etc. </p><p> </p><p>

9. Fourtune turn face leading to Fourtune vs "They". </p><p> </p><p>

Done. Although I can go on.</p>

<p>Source TNasylum. So Rumour just as the Torch:</p><p> </p><p>

News on who "they" aren't and BFG</p><p>

A TNAsylum source believes that they definitely is NOT Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff or Jeff Jarrett. The identity of "they" has been planned out since Abyss starting mentioning it in his promos. Furthermore it is believed that Bischoff and Hogan will be turning heel with Sting, Nash and Pope actually being the faces in this storyline. Very few people know anything about when Hogan, Bischoff, Sting, Jarrett and company make references to WCW. </p><p> </p><p>

Furthermore, TNA believes it will do a good buyrate compared the the rest of their PPVs this year. One of the main reasons is because TNA was counting on Hulk Hogan returning to the ring but unfortunately due to back issues, that may not be happening. A replacement will likely be booked on Impact this week if Hogan isn't able to compete.</p><p> </p><p>

Posted by Talon.</p>

<p>Had one of my Q's answered by Bischoff on his monthly MondayNightMayhem Q and A. Excellent. The question was on the ranking system and if it would be brought back and improved post BFG. Short answer Yes to both. Otherwise wait till tomorrow and you can download it from their site.</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://www.mondaynightmayhem.com/" rel="external nofollow">http://www.mondaynightmayhem.com/</a></p><p> </p><p>

My name will be Hidde Gaastra (real name). And the interviewer will apologize for the pronunciation.</p>

<p>I hate to come in here just to bitch... but TNA is losing me. I've been watching throughout the Hogan & Bischoff era, and much of that has been in the hopes that things will "get better". And when seem to star to, they slide right back. I have pretty much no expectation that "They" will play out to be anything near to living up to the hype. If it does turn out to be something repetitive, boring, and/or predictable, I think I'm done with TNA for now. </p><p> </p><p>

I've been driven to the conclusion that H&B are pretty much incapable of being innovative, doing new things, or creating new stars. After nine full months, I don't see H&B having created any new stars at all. You could argue that The Pope is higher on the card in TNA than he was in the WWE, but Mr. Anderson isn't. Lethal looked to be getting elevated, but there was no real payoff to the Lethal-Flair stuff and Lethal just went right back to the X Division. The MCMGs winning the tag titles could be seen as an elevation, but I don't seem them being any more integral to TNA than they were in the past. I realize that some fans love the repetition of old storylines and reliance on old stars... I do not. If I want to see stuff from the 90s, I will watch stuff from the 90s. I really truly deeply want to see TNA succeed... but I have absolutely lost faith that Hogan and Bischoff wil manage that. And the only way I know to express that to TNA is to simply stop being a fan in any way, shape, or form.</p>

I'm hanging on in there with TNA...I think what comes of this whole 'They' angle and the way Bound For Glory plays out will determine whether or not I stick with them or finally come to the conclusion that they will leave me permantly disappointed.

If 'They' turns out to be some lame NWO rehash with a huge dose of nostalgia, then I won't be along for the ride.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Celt" data-cite="The Celt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If what Hyde Hill idea happens I'd be somewhat dissapointed. I mean, just how many times can you portray your home-grown talent as heels? It's a bit sickening.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Actually I kinda like it and eventually the storyline will be home grown vs home grown which is the true evolution so to speak.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I hate to come in here just to bitch... but TNA is losing me. I've been watching throughout the Hogan & Bischoff era, and much of that has been in the hopes that things will "get better". And when seem to star to, they slide right back. I have pretty much no expectation that "They" will play out to be anything near to living up to the hype. If it does turn out to be something repetitive, boring, and/or predictable, I think I'm done with TNA for now. <p> </p><p> I've been driven to the conclusion that H&B are pretty much incapable of being innovative, doing new things, or creating new stars. After nine full months, I don't see H&B having created any new stars at all. You could argue that The Pope is higher on the card in TNA than he was in the WWE, but Mr. Anderson isn't. Lethal looked to be getting elevated, but there was no real payoff to the Lethal-Flair stuff and Lethal just went right back to the X Division. The MCMGs winning the tag titles could be seen as an elevation, but I don't seem them being any more integral to TNA than they were in the past. I realize that some fans love the repetition of old storylines and reliance on old stars... I do not. If I want to see stuff from the 90s, I will watch stuff from the 90s. I really truly deeply want to see TNA succeed... but I have absolutely lost faith that Hogan and Bischoff wil manage that. And the only way I know to express that to TNA is to simply stop being a fan in any way, shape, or form.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I absolutely agree with everything you just said. I am a huge fan but my worst fear was Hogan and Bischoff coming in. I had heard rumblings before it happened and did not want to see it at all. During the H&B era they really haven't built any stars. Before they came on board it looked like Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Beer Money and a few others were on there way to get huge pushes and it seemed to die immediately when H&B came on board. I stopped watching wrestling back in 2001 once WCW went under because I was a huge WCW fan and was a WWF fan too. The Invasion thing killed wrestling for me for a while and I caught TNA in late 2004 and watched them ever since. I enjoyed 2005-2006 so much and I feel it was getting better but it's really went downhill once H&B came in. They've had almost a year and the ratings really haven't went up much.</p><p> </p><p> I feel like H&B are trying to do a lot of old WCW stuff but feel like they are missing one thing from WCW that kind of put them on the map and that was the Cruiserweight division. It was the one thing WWE just couldn't compete with and WCW had a strong hold of cruiserweights US and International. And I think its terrible that TNA seems to forget that the X division was pretty much the thing to put TNA on the map. </p><p> </p><p> The 'They' storyline might be my last straw with TNA. If it ends up being just an old nWo rehash then I'm done with TNA for now and will stick to watching ROH, PWG and several Japanese promotions. I want to keep watching TNA but it's just a joke right now. </p><p> </p><p> I feel like TNA should follow what WCW used to do, people obviously watch for Main Eventers that's just how it is but why should I watch for the main eventers when you can't entertain me the first hour and a half of a show. The cruiserweights would start off the show and keep you entertained and you would continue watching until the Main Eventers and even though most WCW Main Eventers were a joke WCW kept them hooked with the good wrestling to start the show. TNA may not have the best wrestlers for the X division because I feel they need a little more international feel but they have better in-ring performers than WCW had in the Main Event. Maybe it's just me but I feel like TNA should take that page from early WCW and only that page from WCW haha. Hopefully they change but I just don't see it and that sucks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jwt13" data-cite="jwt13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I was looking through twitter and i saw Chris Harris tweeter 10/10/10 and Monty Brown retweeted it hmmm</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Chris Harris hasn't tweeted since September 24th. So, either he deleted it or you're following a fake Chris Harris account.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Chris Harris hasn't tweeted since September 24th. So, either he deleted it or you're following a fake Chris Harris account.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Or you are lolz. Anyway it doesn't matter much.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Chris Harris hasn't tweeted since September 24th. So, either he deleted it or you're following a fake Chris Harris account.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think the OP is just a bit late with the post as on his twitter he has put it... but it was on June 25</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hyde Hill" data-cite="Hyde Hill" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Or you are lolz. Anyway it doesn't matter much.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The one I'm following is OfficialWildCat which I got from another legit wrestler who posted it. I'm not sure who it was now, it was awhile ago. It could be fake though. It wouldn't be the first time a wrestler was duped by someone on the net.</p>