The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

So showtime what kind of money has Spike been dumping into TNA?

Financing their biggest contracts like Hogan/Sting/etc. Giving them favorable deals and treatment because they use TNA to promote their Bellator, a station with deep enough pockets to give them the same amount of money in fees (how many larger networks are just chomping at the bit to get wrestling when WWE's shows that aren't Raw/SD have gotten canned within the last year?).

They weren't keeping them afloat but they got much more support than most traditional TV stations would give, especially this late in a negotiation period. Alternatives would be going to a smaller network which would likely mean a drastically lower amount of money coming in from TV

She's really talented. She worked one of the One Night Only PPV tapings, but she's from my area and I've been watching her for years. Next part I'm putting in white for potential spoilers I guess.

Madison Rayne is also from my area and her and Havok have had quite the history here. It'd be cool to see two women I've watched for years in crappy bars and high school gyms duking it out on national television.

Well if they're bringing HER in then what's been the hold-up from bringing in Mercedes Martinez. Talk about shaking up the knockouts division with a hard hitting stiff style, Mercedes is awesome. Her and "H" also have history as well in the ring, but some troubled history backstage as well. Still, they put on some brutal clinics.

Financing their biggest contracts like Hogan/Sting/etc. Giving them favorable deals and treatment because they use TNA to promote their Bellator, a station with deep enough pockets to give them the same amount of money in fees (how many larger networks are just chomping at the bit to get wrestling when WWE's shows that aren't Raw/SD have gotten canned within the last year?).

They weren't keeping them afloat but they got much more support than most traditional TV stations would give, especially this late in a negotiation period. Alternatives would be going to a smaller network which would likely mean a drastically lower amount of money coming in from TV

I don't think that's true. TNA (Panda) paid Hogan, Sting etc. Spike paid all the MMA fighters who were showing up on TNA to promote Bellator. Hogan didn't have a contract with Spike, he had it with TNA.

I just watched Impact Wrestling from last night and, for the most part, was pretty entertained by what they did. Here are some notes that come to mind...

1) Al Snow is in better shape than Mr. Anderson

Seriously, how can that be? I mean, I've never really been an Anderson fan. For too long, he's felt like someone who didn't really know his 'true identity'; instead being a fusion (not very good at it either) of the Rock & Austin. That said, you would think a guy who's still active would be in better shape than he is? I mean, Al Snow came out, looked great (physically and in the ring), and gave a great little performance.

2) The ECW revival is great but I hope it's done now

Do I believe that TNA needs their own vibe (and not piggy back on others)? Yes. They've done the ECW thing before; however, I understand their reasoning in this case. You go BACK to ECW's back yard for a show and it's best to bring those fans what they want to see. I mean, the fans were really into their match; so, who am I to say it was a bad idea? In the end though, I hope, from here, the ECW 'good feeling' goes away (and I was an ECW fan back in the day). Maybe, to give the heels their due, EC3 and his band of guys could wipe them from the company; injuring all but Bubba. This would put some heat on them and show that TNA is more focused on their up-and-coming stars.

3) Find a way to keep TNA in NYC

This is obvious. The NYC fans are ten times more interesting than the Florida-vacation fans. If not NYC, as it's been done before, focus your operations in a place like Chicago? They could, possibly, get the same reaction there. That, or Philadelphia.

4) Bobby Lashley is impressive; bet the farm on Bobby Roode

I'm buying into Lashley as an unstoppable beast in TNA. The dude has the look, the skill-set, and the legitimacy to say "I"m going to kick your a$$". With all of that said though, and I think we may be heading toward it now, it's best to bet the farm on Bobby Roode. That's REALLY where TNA has a chance to stay relevant. He has a Shane Douglas vibe to me (minus the laughing; c*cky smirk that Douglas did so well); the hard-talking, worked-up, student of 'wrestling' thing. Seriously, you put him on the mic... Have him rip MVP/Lashley... have him rip 'other competitors' (companies)... Hell, as a face, have him even tip TNA for falling apart as it has... Give him an edge... Have him to be "Truth sayer" in TNA (if not in all of wrestling) and you've got yourself someone who could really sell tickets/buys.

I think it was at one of the tapings over the last couple days, but TNA(I think Angle or JB) announce they're done with Universal and they've filmed up to the end of September of Impact and they're doing more tapings in New York beginning of September.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey guys, question I've been meaning to ask with the Cole having left here on it latest deployment recently and now this new Melendez guy debuting and playing up his military history. Whatever became of Jesse Neal? I can't remember seeing or hearing anything about him since the Ink inc pairing with Shannon Moore.

Hey guys, question I've been meaning to ask with the Cole having left here on it latest deployment recently and now this new Melendez guy debuting and playing up his military history. Whatever became of Jesse Neal? I can't remember seeing or hearing anything about him since the Ink inc pairing with Shannon Moore.

He works at a Target and does indy bookings. Him and his wife(wrestler Brittney Savage) had a kid in April and both have cut back on wrestling.

He works at a Target and does indy bookings. Him and his wife(wrestler Brittney Savage) had a kid in April and both have cut back on wrestling.

Thanks for the update, man. When I heard about the Cole deployment, it had me thinking about ways he might fit in. Particularly in terms of backing either Anderson or Gunner in the Samuel Shaw dispute. With Neal backing Anderson, you'd be able to do tag matches between the four. With him backing Gunner, Neal could be teaming with Shaw to help with the process of getting Shaw's reformation to stick.

Or if he were off away from that storyline, he could be using his TNA experience to help the Melendez guy out in a military minded tag team. In any event, there would be uses for him if life permitted it. But it sounds like he's happy and has life in perspective. Which is really the big thing. Couldn't be happier for him even if recent events have made me miss him.

I did like Jesse Neal a lot. He had a solid build to him, but his mohawk and awful tribal tattoos made him scream CAW. Almost as bad as Shaw was when he first started in TNA. Still, Jesse was a solid hand to have around and I have always loved Shannon Moore. Ink Inc was fun while it lasted and I have a few of their shirts.

Some random thoughts going into tonight's show.

I was disappointed last week that the Bro-Mans matched up with different TNA Knockouts. Although it is a consolation prize those different Knockouts were the two Beautiful People. While it would have been fun seeing Robbie and Jesse's relationship tested by a woman, the mutual mischief the Bro-Mans and the BP's can get into could be very entertaining as well.

I liked seeing Brittany size up Samuel Shaw while he was conferring with Gunner. Brittany and Shaw could be quite the pairing. I don't remember the last time wrestling had a "first couple of crazy. So much meat there. Gunner trying to rein Shaw in. Anderson throwing I told you so's around. Room to book some mixed tags. I'd certainly be good with that idea.

What's happened to the rest of the Menagerie? We see Crazy Steve in the X division scrambles and tag matches but the rest of the group appears to be an afterthought these days. I haven't seen Knux, Rebel or The Freak in a pretty good little stretch. They can't fulfill their backstory purpose if Crazy Steve is the only one who's ever on.

I was disappointed last week that the Bro-Mans matched up with different TNA Knockouts. Although it is a consolation prize those different Knockouts were the two Beautiful People. While it would have been fun seeing Robbie and Jesse's relationship tested by a woman, the mutual mischief the Bro-Mans and the BP's can get into could be very entertaining as well.

I liked seeing Brittany size up Samuel Shaw while he was conferring with Gunner. Brittany and Shaw could be quite the pairing. I don't remember the last time wrestling had a "first couple of crazy. So much meat there. Gunner trying to rein Shaw in. Anderson throwing I told you so's around. Room to book some mixed tags. I'd certainly be good with that idea.

What's happened to the rest of the Menagerie? We see Crazy Steve in the X division scrambles and tag matches but the rest of the group appears to be an afterthought these days. I haven't seen Knux, Rebel or The Freak in a pretty good little stretch. They can't fulfill their backstory purpose if Crazy Steve is the only one who's ever on.

Impact is on Wednesdays, not Tuesdays :p

Rebel probably hasn't been used because she fractured her arm and other Knockouts were upset she was used at all because of how green she is.

I will be honest I thought for sure they were both going to be paired up with Brooke Tessmacher. The reason being is she and Robbie E are a team on the upcoming season of the Amazing Race and so I thought it might make sense to pair them up on television as well. So I was a little disappointed when they did not go that way.

It is odd but I have always been a fan of Robbie E and Zema from the start but I hated Jessie due to his two stints on Big Brother. However, he has grown on me now since he became a member of TNA's roster. That being said I would not want to see him do another season of Big Brother should you know TNA go out of business and he needs a gig...

Impact is on Wednesdays, not Tuesdays :p

Rebel probably hasn't been used because she fractured her arm and other Knockouts were upset she was used at all because of how green she is.

I suppose that makes sense. It's disappointing but sensible. But still why no Knux and Freak? Seems like those two could still be battling their way through the lower reaches of the tag scene while the Hardys, Team 3D and The Wolves headlined.

I suppose that makes sense. It's disappointing but sensible. But still why no Knux and Freak? Seems like those two could still be battling their way through the lower reaches of the tag scene while the Hardys, Team 3D and The Wolves headlined.

Well you got your wish they were on the last episode in a pretty good comedy match.

Pretty sure they are.

Also, more spoilers.

Havok won the TNA Knockouts title, and then lost it to Taryn Tarell. I think they should have had Havok just dominating the division for awhile, but whatever I guess. Samoa Joe vacated the X Division title due to not being medically clear and Low Ki won a fatal four way to win the belt.