The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

The only reason Michelle McCool is where she is with the company is because she is married to Undertaker and they respect the hell out of him for obvious reasons and as long as Taker remains active she will be around. Otherwise if not for Taker, McCool would have gotten the boot a long time ago in my opinion. This really probably shouldn't be posted in the TNA Thread but since it was brought up that is why I decided to post it here.

More on why Hulk Hogan was Hospitalized

Source:The Sun

HE HAS been slammed by the likes of Andre The Giant, Undertaker and Big Show in a legendary career, but Hulk Hogan had a more interesting reason for being hospitalised this week.

Hulk suffered excruciating back pain after a completely non-violent, low-impact session of SEASHELL collecting.

Speaking to TMZ, the TNA star said he was picking up the shells with fiancée Jennifer and the constant bending over eventually got the better of him.

The Hulkster, who has had multiple back surgeries in the past, says he must have aggravated his old injuries because the next morning he could "barely move" and had to call an ambulance.

Hulk added that doctors believe he suffered a tear in one of his muscles but they still need to run some further tests to be certain of the extent of the damage.

He is currently recuperating from treatment at a hospital in Clearwater, Florida, and awaiting the results.

It is likely he will take a break from the ring for a short while, which will postpone his planned main event run against former protegee Abyss in TNA.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anybody else goto Wrestlezone? Mark Madden went off on RVD...I can't really stand Mark MAdden but I thought it was pretty funny</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Like a guy who once used the broadcast position of Monday Nitro to declare Bruno Sammartino prematurely dead has any room to gripe about anybody else in the wrestling business.</p>

TNA just has so much potential with guys like Styles, Wolfe, Pope, Roode, Morgan, Abyss, and MCMG. I really think if they would just get rid of all the old guys except Flair and Foley. Foley can still be entertaining in the Authority role because he has no problem putting over the other stars. Flair is perfect in the manager role. They need to get rid of EV2.0, Hogan, Bischoff, Jarrett, all of those guys.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Flair is still the best promo in the company at 61</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Ya...he's been the best Promo guys in any company for like 30 years...go figure</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>TNA just has so much potential with guys like Styles, Wolfe, Pope, Roode, Morgan, Abyss, and MCMG. I really think if they would just get rid of all the old guys except Flair and Foley. Foley can still be entertaining in the Authority role because he has no problem putting over the other stars. Flair is perfect in the manager role. They need to get rid of EV2.0, Hogan, Bischoff, Jarrett, all of those guys.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> TNA def has potential with the young guys. They bring in a lot of established veteran guys but when has any veteran done much for any of those guys. Flair has done a damn good job with Fortune. Foley hasn't really been in a program to put anyone over. Nash did a damn good job when TNA did the whole Paparazzi thing it helped put Shelley, Dutt, Aries and shot Lethal up.</p><p> </p><p> Sting hasn't really helped anyone, Hogan hasn't done anything at all. Jarrett could be used to put someone over but he's stuck in that mess of a storyline with Nash and Sting.</p><p> </p><p> The only new guys that have really done good things are Kennedy, Pope, Flair and Angle has put a thousand people over. He put Lethal over a few years ago and lost clean. He wanted to lose clean to Kong in a program and he wanted to work a program with Red which would def boost his career but TNA nixed it.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Edit: Quick add to the angle thing. I don't know if it still is but Lockdown was the most watched TNA PPV I believe and it had Angle vs. Joe as the Main Event and guess what Angle did...Put Joe over even if it was too late and Joe had kind of lost steam.</p>

<p>Sting put over Abyss and re established AJ as a main eventer last year. Hogan has put over Abyss and Hogan has put over the entire company although he has done some dumb stuff. The EV2 guys are all jobbing thank goodness but can't really put anyone over. Look like it or not Hogan is still a marquee name for mainstream media. As long as they minimize his on screen role he is a benefit to TNA.</p><p> </p><p>

Angle yeah Angle is a machine he can make anyone look good and is willing to job to anyone. The three biggest "legends" that never put anyone over where Booker, Steiner and Jarrett.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hyde Hill" data-cite="Hyde Hill" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The three biggest "legends" that never put anyone over where Booker, Steiner and Jarrett.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Dude, I'm as big a Jarrett fan as you may ever find. Anyone bigger is either going to have perspective problems or be family. Calling Jeff a "legend" is a very generous usage of the term.</p>