a computer question......

alden

Ok everyone i have a question for you all. I got a wii for my son and i already have a ps2......i was thinking of getting him his own tv to play it all but they are all more then i am looking to spend. he has a computer in his room and a good video card that has an s-video plug on the video card. How could i use the monitor it self as a tv monitor for the game? I know it is posible.....i plugged the s-video cable into the video card and all the volume on the computer went off and it would not let me open any new screens.......anyone have any idea what i need to do? I am using a nvideo gforce 9400GT video card. it is agp also with a 1.7 gigs of memory.

There is a way but it requires a TV tuner like you would use to input your cable box to watch your cable through a program like Media Center. However the problem is there will usually be a delay in what's going on as your computer process the Wii's signal and makes it usable. You'd probably have to spend more to upgrade your computer and get a compatible program to stop this delay then you would have to on getting a small TV.

Yeah. The video card on your computer is setup to output signals, not receive them. So you could hook up your computer to a tv and watch youtube on a bigger screen, but your computer can't "recieve" signals from the Wii and output them to a monitor.

To go straight from the wii to a monitor would require a tv tuner as described (don't buy any "vga to s-video adapters"... it's very different signals and will 99.99% of the time be a waste of money).

Your best bet would be to go to a thrift store like Good Will or Salvation army or wherever you can buy stuff dirt cheap and pick him up an old tv for like, $20 - $50.

I have a TV tuner, but the tuner only has the "Cable" input, and alot of the newer games don't utilize that anymore. You'll have to get an adapter (I guess) for that, if you have a TV Tuner already on your computer.

I wanted to do the same thing, because I was going to try and "Tape" the Smackdown vs. Raw storylines on my computer if it was possible, for viewing in a Diary I was thinking about making.

Pluss, I figured I would be able to utilize all the music (which I can anyways) on my computer as well, I beleive. I have this little "Pop-Up" that keeps telling me "A new Xbox 360 is on your network, Click here to connect it to this computer", which is to enable all the music/video to be used on the 360 from the computer... However, I haven't found anything that will allow me to utilize stuff from the 360 to the computer, lol.

. I have this little "Pop-Up" that keeps telling me "A new Xbox 360 is on your network, Click here to connect it to this computer", which is to enable all the music/video to be used on the 360 from the computer... However, I haven't found anything that will allow me to utilize stuff from the 360 to the computer, lol.

you have media center correct? then download the media center extender and you can sync your 360 with your PC. then you can stream music and your movies from your computer while connecting with your 360

you have media center correct? then download the media center extender and you can sync your 360 with your PC. then you can stream music and your movies from your computer while connecting with your 360

/nod. I will do it eventually. Would rather be able to do what I said though (Play the X-Box on the computer, lol). So I can record it.

Archived