Demo Bugs?

I don't know if this is a bug per se, but I've had several penalties on the kicking team on kickoffs - most often for Piling On by the kicker!?!? While it was humorous the first time it happened, now in my 8th game, even not paying close attention to every play, this is at least the 3rd time I've seen this. Meanwhile, it seems there is never a penalty on the team returning the ball. In real life, the most common penalties in the kicking game are illegal block or holding against the return team. Some tweaking is in order. Of course this has likely already been reported by a beta team and been fixed.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's one I haven't seen posted: San Diego State ball, Q2, 1-10-SDSU12 (09:07) 7-10 Offense: Short Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-TE-flat-FL-curl (short pass) Defense: Stop Run, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-run-Man-B5,6- (target run) QB C. Flagler throws an incomplete pass to WR R. Celestin. San Diego State ball, Q2, 3-9-SDSU13 (08:24) 7-10 Offense: Short Pass, Set: I Form, Play: I-FB-playact-flat (short pass) Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 3-4, Play: 34-pass-Man-B7 (target pass) QB C. Flagler throws an incomplete pass to FB B. Reichow. Central Florida ball, Q2, 1-10-SDSU18 (07:56) 10-7 Offense: Short Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-SE-playact-curl (short pass) Defense: Stop Run, Set: 3-4, Play: 34-run-Man-B4,5,6,7 (target run) QB H. Combs completes a 18 yard hook to WR J. McClairen ****Touchdown!***** Shouldn't SDSU have received a 2nd and 4th down here? ----- Here's one I didn't notice while playing, but found it later during review of the game log. Here SDSU didn't get a first down after receiving the kick: Central Florida ball, Q2, 1-10-UCF35 (02:43) 24-7 Levon Kosar kicks 67 from Central Florida 35 to San Diego State -2. Jabar Irwin to San Diego State 16 for a 18 yard return. San Diego State ball, Q2, 2-9-SDSU17 (01:40) 7-24 Offense: Outside Run, Set: Strong, Play: ST-HB-counter-LT (outside run) Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-Man-B10 (target pass) RB L. Grgich runs left tackle for 7 yards (CB B. Kane, ILB K. Sirmon). San Diego State ball, Q2, 3-2-SDSU24 (01:50) 7-24 Offense: Inside Run, Set: Double TE, Play: DTE-HB-counter-RG (inside run) Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 3-4, Play: 34-pass-MZ (target pass) RB L. Grgich runs right tackle for -2 yards (SS Z. Santiago). ----- As I look through the game log, I'm seeing errors that I didn't notice during the game. It looks like the game log isn't very accurate. Also, there was a change of possession during the game that should not have happened. I think I triggered it by "enabling" play calling right as the game was calling a play...possession immediately switched from my team to the opposition, and it happened between plays! I couldn't find it in the log, but its getting late and I'm tired. :o Awesome game so far!

First off, I want to say I'm really enjoying playing the demo. I wasn't planning on playing the game and had been waiting for TCB but was bored the other night and downloaded the demo and I'm now officially hooked... Anyways, I don't want to pile on the bug bandwagon or anything, but I've noticed something a few times as I play the games that I haven't seen reported elsewhere. Sometimes, the computer seems to change the defense I call in game. When I sim the games I always call every play (so I'm not clicking the enable play calling button on and off or anything of that sort) and I haven't been able to figure out any consistent scenario which causes it, but over the course of the 4 or 5 games I've simmed through manually it has happened maybe 3 or 4 times per game. In my head it feels like it happens on passing downs when I've selected a defense out of my base 3-4 and then the play starts and my team ends up running a nickel or dime defense, but maybe I don't notice when it changes a defense within the 3-4. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there something I might be doing which is telling it to override me in some situation?

This is a very odd occurance on a FG attempt. Defense called for holding? I've had a few of these in 8 games so far. Brigham Young ball, Q3, 4-11-AIRF25 (05:00) 7-6 R.W. Michael misses the 43 yard field goal. It will be Air Force ball at the AIRF 25 Holding against RB Bryant MacKinnon on Air Force. The Penalty is for 10 yards, and an automatic first down. The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the Air Force 15.

The down and distances aren't right it seems. Triple checked this. Is this correct? Brigham Young ball, Q1, 1-10-BYU28 (00:29) 0-3 Offense: Inside Run, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-HB-straight-LG (inside run) Defense: Normal, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-norm-Man (normal) RB K. Secules runs left tackle for 2 yards (ILB T. Kragen, CB W. Coates). Brigham Young ball, Q1, 2-8-BYU30 (00:00) 0-3 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-SE-corner-FL-curl (med pass) Defense: Stop Run, Set: 3-4, Play: 34-run-MZ-B4,5,8-L (target run) QB D. Nickerson completes a 6 yard hook to WR W. Gramatica (ILB T. Kragen, ILB A. Weary). Brigham Young ball, Q2, 2-5-BYU44 (14:05) 0-3 Offense: Short Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-TE-flat-FL-curl (short pass) Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-MZ (target pass) QB D. Nickerson throws an incomplete pass to WR W. Gramatica (CB W. Coates). Brigham Young ball, Q2, 3-5-BYU44 (13:46) 0-3 Offense: Short Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-WR3-in-SE-out (short pass) Defense: Normal, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-norm-Man (normal) QB D. Nickerson completes a 12 yard out to WR J. Lucci (ILB A. Weary). Brigham Young ball, Q2, 2-9-AIRF43 (12:59) 0-3 Offense: Outside Run, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-HB-power-RE (outside run) Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 3-4, Play: 34-pass-DZ (target pass) RB K. Secules runs right end for 9 yards (OOB).

I ran into a pretty nasty bug. I got thru training camp and into my first game of the season as Tenn vs Marshall. The game got to halftime, and I was to receive the kickoff in the 2nd half. The interface said i received the kick and returned to my 42 (confirmed in the logs). The game seemed at the point where i was to select my offensive formation/play. However, my play selection area was blank (not filled with plays). After mousing around in the play selection areas, i believe i clicked in the dropdown menu, and the play selection area was filled with defensive plays? However, i was supposed to be on offense. I tried to select one of these defensive plays to see what would happen and nothing would respond. Confusingly clicking around, somehow i was able to exit back into my season management area. Upon returning to that area, my season was in week 2. However, no games were completed and every team is 0-0. No player stats exist. But, i am stuck in week 2. Sorry if i can't be more detailed about specific interface elements, but this was my first game. It leaves me a bit aggravated that I spent so much time setting up my season and it appears to be lost. However, I understand this is a prerelease beta and this is to be expected. I still have the save data if that will prove useful to the debug team. Just let me know if you'd like it.

[QUOTE=shaggz]It opens up at my week 2 checklist screen.... i see 'regular season (week 2 of 15)' But, everyone is 0-0.[/QUOTE] The same thing happened to me, I had to start a new game. This problem was discussed on one of the posts on this board (I think?), someone suggested it was a bad save file.

Archived