Random Game Questions

So I've been playing this game for like two weeks now, and it's one of the most amazing text based sims ever. I have some questions though I hope you all seasoned players may be able to help me with.

1. Are the TV shows at all different from normal PPVs? So far I've just ran 6 years with Alpha 1 doing a PVP once a month, and never once did a TV show, what kind of difference would I have seen if I had scheduled one every chance possible?

2. Is there any way, other than hoping they go on a major losing streaks, to get a fighter to move to a different(hopefully better) camp?

3. Do fighters stats and abilities change after every fight? Once a month? Randomly? What's the deal with them, I know their belts change, but when can I expect that change?

4. If my PPV carrier has a range of just Japan, and I'm doing shows in the US, will that hurt my show ratings? Because it seems when I go to places that don't know of me as much my shows are better.. So could someone explain to me how that works?

Thanks for answering these lol I hope they haven't been asked yet, I looked but really didn't see what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance!

1. Are the TV shows at all different from normal PPVs? So far I've just ran 6 years with Alpha 1 doing a PVP once a month, and never once did a TV show, what kind of difference would I have seen if I had scheduled one every chance possible?

You don't make money from TV shows like you do from PPV's, just ticket sales. So you're footing the bill for the prize money with little to no cash return.

The payoff for TV shows is popularity - your fighters will see huge popularity boosts when they appear on your TV shows, way more than with PPV's because more people see them.

Fans expectations are lower for TV shows as well, as they are not paying for them - therefore you can get away with putting less popular guys or guys comming off a loss in your featured bouts and fans will still see them as 'great' main events.

4. If my PPV carrier has a range of just Japan, and I'm doing shows in the US, will that hurt my show ratings? Because it seems when I go to places that don't know of me as much my shows are better.. So could someone explain to me how that works?

Because they don't know you as well their expectations are lower - you can put on main and co-main events that would be seen as 'lesser' fights in your home area and the fans will still lap them up. Over time as your popularity in the new area rises, so will fans expectations.

A good real life example is when the UFC goes overseas - you rarely see the same calibre of main event as you would in Vegas for example.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AKICITA
3. Do fighters stats and abilities change after every fight? Once a month? Randomly? What's the deal with them, I know their belts change, but when can I expect that change?

YES! This is my biggest question right now as well! As I am still new at the game and getting the idea of recruiting, I'm wondering what are the determining factors in a young fighters' improvement of abilities/belt advancement and growth as they progress thru their careers? I'm guessing Work Ethic and possibly the influence of whatever Camp they join.... but I have no idea how this works so I can better understand how to utilize my recruitment efforts....

AKICITA

YES! This is my biggest question right now as well! As I am still new at the game and getting the idea of recruiting, I'm wondering what are the determining factors in a young fighters' improvement of abilities/belt advancement and growth as they progress thru their careers? I'm guessing Work Ethic and possibly the influence of whatever Camp they join.... but I have no idea how this works so I can better understand how to utilize my recruitment efforts....

AKICITA

I'd say they progress randomly but you can expect a boost when they hit their prime. Some people say that accumulating wins also plays a part in it. There is also a hidden potential stat which regulates their improvements which is assigned randomly at the start of each new game to keep things fresh. You can set it manually for every fighter though if you wish.

• 3 weeks later...
Can Fighters not make weight i am three years into my real world game for Strikeforce and I have not seen or had a single problem

Yea, its really really rare. Ive played this well into 2005 on some orgs... but I finally witnessed one my fighters miss weight (Adrian Swall) in my LOCC promotion in 2001.

Failing a drug test is a lot more common for me.

Archived