CornellVerse history?

• 1 month later...
I doubt there will ever be any updates on that. It would basically involve Adam booking every fight to have ever happened in the existence of Cornellverse MMA to get it near being accurate and I know he's got no interest in doing that. It would be a huge undertaking for something that is little more than historical fluff... and would probably need hundreds of total cans to be added to the database to balance out the collective win/loss records of the gameworld, which is another thing that Adam probably wouldn't care much about doing. Especially not when he can use those renders to add useful characters and expand the gameworld in better ways. :)

If it was to happen, I think you'd have to limit it to just the big promotions to get a credible backstory for some of the bigger fighters. Even just re-creating every GAMMA and ALPHA-1 card would be a huge undertaking, but if there was input from a variety of forum members it could very well be done.

Just out of interest's sake, I had a go at a few of GAMMA's past pay-per-views based pretty much off the respective UFC events:

GAMMA 41

Main Card

*GAMMA Heavyweight Championship: Tim Boyer © vs. James Foster

Foster wins by TKO (punches) at 4:31 of Round 2

*Heavyweight Bout: Raul Hughes vs. Tony McCall

Hughes wins by by unanimous decision. All 3 judges scored the bout 30-27.

*GAMMA Light Heavyweight Championship: Zvonimir Asanovic © vs. Jethro Munter

Asanovic wins by KO (head kick) at 3:26 of Round 1

*Middleweight Bout: Carl Ratcliffe vs. J.J. Reid

Reid wins by submission (armbar) at 3:45 of Round 3

*Lightweight Bout: Bud Brockett vs. Duane Weatherly

Brockett wins by unanimous decision. The judges scored the bout 29-28, 29-28, 30-27.

Preliminary Card

*Lightweight Bout: Tarcisio Dantas vs. Joel Adams

Dantas wins by unanimous decision. All 3 judges scored the bout 30-27.

*Welterweight Bout: Callum Henson vs. Deacon Strawford

Henson wins by unanimous decision. All 3 judges scored the bout 30-27.

*Lightweight Bout: Aaron McBroom vs. Juan Pablo Rique

McBroom wins by unanimous decision. All 3 judges scored the bout 30-27.

GAMMA 40

Main Card

*GAMMA Middleweight Championship: Stuart Strange © vs. Neil Napier

Napier wins by unanimous decision. The judges scored the bout 48-47, 48-47, 49-46.

*Light Heavyweight Bout: Roberto Aldez vs. Mike Watson

Watson wins by KO (punch) at 0:26 in Round 3.

*GAMMA Welterweight Championship: Julio Regueiro © vs. Charles Stiles

Regueiro wins by unanimous decision. The judges scored the bout 49-46, 49-46, 50-45.

*Welterweight Bout: Joe Hinchcliffe vs. Jack Humphreys

Humphreys wins by TKO (punches) at 2:53 in Round 1.

*Welterweight Bout: Darin Blood vs. Dan Halvorsen

Blood wins by unanimous decision. All 3 judges scored the fight 30-27.

Preliminary Card

*Heavyweight Bout: Oscar Gomez vs. Tank Manu'a

Manu'a wins by TKO (punches) at 3:39 in Round 2.

*Light Heavyweight Bout: Vincent Chaplin vs. Kendall Tracey

Tracey wins by TKO (punches) at 3:15 in Round 1.

*Lightweight Bout: Peter Bracewell vs. Jackson Gray

Gray wins by split decision. The judges scored the bout 29-28 (Bracewell), 29-28 (Gray), 29-28 (Gray).

GAMMA 39: Towering Heights

Main Card

*GAMMA Heavyweight Championship: James Foster © vs. Tim Boyer

Boyer wins by KO (punch) at 3:36 in Round 2.

*Heavyweight Bout: Raul Hughes vs. Norbert Vinkus

Hughes wins by KO (punches) at 4:29 in Round 1.

*Lightweight Championship Bout: Sean Morrison © vs. Giovani Silva

Morrison wins by TKO (elbows) at 2:52 in Round 1.

*Heavyweight Bout: Tony McCall vs. Marvin Stevens

McCall wins by unanimous decision. All 3 judges scored the fight 29-28.

*Middleweight Bout: Mac Fuller vs. Buddy Garner

Garner wins by submission (armbar) at 2:03 in Round 1.

*Light Heavyweight Bout: Anthony LeToussier vs. Bryan van den Hauwe

LeToussier wins by KO (punch) at 0:24 in Round 3.

Preliminary Card

*Middleweight Bout: Maarten de Vries vs. Bradley Dixon

de Vries wins by unanimous decision. All 3 judges scored the fight 30-27.

*Lightweight Bout: Gustavo Bautista vs. Bruce Steven

Steven wins by submission (rear naked choke) at 4:47 in Round 3.

I think the main problem is that some of the divisions are very bare, and trying to stay true to the past records. That becomes almost impossible as some divisions everyone seems to be coming off a win. Also I ignored the last title defences because I seriously doubt GAMMA would be running one event a month at this stage.

I doubt there will ever be any updates on that. It would basically involve Adam booking every fight to have ever happened in the existence of Cornellverse MMA to get it near being accurate and I know he's got no interest in doing that. It would be a huge undertaking for something that is little more than historical fluff... and would probably need hundreds of total cans to be added to the database to balance out the collective win/loss records of the gameworld, which is another thing that Adam probably wouldn't care much about doing. Especially not when he can use those renders to add useful characters and expand the gameworld in better ways. :)

I hadn't really considered all of the character additions and such that would need to go along with adding that kind of data (I was kind of ass about it on the boards when WMMA2 came out because it irritated me a lot).

Surely, though, with a much better base for the world to evolve from if/when WMMA3 is released it would be possible to spend time adding main events, historical matches, and title matches/title histories to the data? It makes the game feel much more immersive to me. . . who are former champions, and how are they fairing today? What talent used to headline shows, and where are they now? It would also be possible to try and put on a rematch of an old main event from, say, GAMMA as a smaller promotion to try and spike attendance; or promote a rematch of a big fight (like one that ended in a close decision, thus the rematch is promoted as a match to settle the score, etc.).

Thanks to derek_b I have a much better understanding of why histories aren't in WMMA2; playing with the default data now is much more 'stable' (for lack of a better word) than it was in WMMA1 and after giving it several goes, I'm enjoying WMMA2 a lot. Perhaps others disagree, but I really would love to see some of this work done for WMMA3 (again, assuming there will be a WMMA3), though.

I put in a bunch of fight histories myself, including most of the ones that were in the WMMA 1 database. I didn't do them for every fighter, mainly just the stars.

The only problem with that is that the world was completely changed. . . some of the people who were stars in WMMA, are just rookies or aging veterans in WMMA2.

I am actually working on a complete fighter history but did not want to mention it until I was ready to release a beta version. At its present stage I have added about 50 fighters that all debut in January of 82 to coincide with the debut of Manol Sirakov. All fighter records will be different than what they currently are as I have found that will be easier than trying to recreate a record of 64 - 33 for instance. If there is a decent response here over the course of the day I will create a topic in the mod forum for updates, questions, and comments.

I am actually working on a complete fighter history but did not want to mention it until I was ready to release a beta version. At its present stage I have added about 50 fighters that all debut in January of 82 to coincide with the debut of Manol Sirakov. All fighter records will be different than what they currently are as I have found that will be easier than trying to recreate a record of 64 - 33 for instance. If there is a decent response here over the course of the day I will create a topic in the mod forum for updates, questions, and comments.

sounds intreguing buddy.

Really interested :)

Archived