Regarding Popularity

I haven't quite been able to figure out whether the "popularity" in th game represents the worker's overall popularity in the world amongst all people in general or just his "overness" amongst wrestling fans. Does someone know? Also, if a worker has, say, B+ popularity in the US, how over would he be in the UK? The WWE did shows in the UK a few years back and a lot of the bigger stars received good reactions from the fans. Does it mean that they were "popular" or just "over"?

This has confused me, thanks.

I haven't quite been able to figure out whether the "popularity" in th game represents the worker's overall popularity in the world amongst all people in general or just his "overness" amongst wrestling fans. Does someone know? Also, if a worker has, say, B+ popularity in the US, how over would he be in the UK? The WWE did shows in the UK a few years back and a lot of the bigger stars received good reactions from the fans. Does it mean that they were "popular" or just "over"?

Depends what popularity they have in the UK.

I have always seen this as a weird dillema for big promotions, because when WWE tours England the stars get as good reactions as in the U.S, however due to them being based in the US and getting more press they surely have to be more popular in the US. So i dont really know how this works.

Popular and over are interchangeable terms in TEW, they mean the exact same thing.

Popularity in game is for wrestling fans, otherwise it would be impossible to get to anything above 50%. Most people don't care about wrestling and never have, but there once you start reaching the top ends of popularity in TEW you are pretty much guaranteed to have enough name value that you show up in the mainstream anyways.

As for the WWE, they're a worldwide brand that has been broadcasting weekly in the UK for almost 20 years. They're as popular here as they are in the US probably and their stars are about as recognisable too. This isn't necessarily true for most of the rest of the world where they aren't shown but in terms of the UK I would have to put the WWE close to their US overness. Likewise with many of their performers too.

Archived