TEW10 Render Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Havent had time to mess with daz too much to I feel a little rusty, still not as good as the others :)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/EkimNosneb/Sample1.png

I'm either going to have to go into retirement or go back and study my notes and come back with something better than before :)

Is that a Star Trek uniform? :D

I took a break from C-Verse renders to work on this on accout of I completely mark out for the Ninjaz.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l98/da_kine_brah/Ninjaz2.jpg

I dig this. Just little touches here and there that could be improved on. Nicole's face looks a little scrunched around the nose and mouth. A little eye contact from Portia (dig the likeness) could go a long way. Their outfits could be sharper. Really cool stuff though. A step in a great direction.

It looks a little odd on the blue background in the current lighting, but I did one with my usual settings a few days ago...

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Alts/Renders/TheRock_jhd.jpg

Not sure it does the picture any favours in actual fact, so I'll probably just cut the larger picture tomorrow for you as well.

I can't use this render in my game.

It's like he's judging me... :p

Oh and the tattoo, nicely faded. It looks like it belongs.

Is that a Star Trek uniform? :D

I dig this. Just little touches here and there that could be improved on. Nicole's face looks a little scrunched around the nose and mouth. A little eye contact from Portia (dig the likeness) could go a long way. Their outfits could be sharper. Really cool stuff though. A step in a great direction.

Thanks for the tips, Self! I've actually done 2 revisions already and picked up a clothing model that I can do custom textures for. The ones in the original are postwork (as if you couldn't tell!) and I wasn't overly happy with them.

As far as Nicole's face I'm having a heck of a time getting it the way I want it and that one was the closest I've gotten. I might have to play with the depth sliders a bit.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l98/da_kine_brah/PortiaPerez.png

I working on updating my original render when I came across LuxRender and the Reality 1.01 plugin for Daz3D. This render was done with custom clothing textures, a custom belt object and about 6 hours worth of tweaking dials to get everything just the way I want it. It's rendered at 952 scans per pixel which took about 3 hours 11 minutes. The final I'm going to do at 3000 scans per pixel. Enjoy.

Jesus. 3 hours? I get pissed if my dudes take 3 minutes to render.

Outfit looks great. A crisp and bold design. Belt is outstanding.

I know exactly what you mean. If I don't get through a render within a certain amount of time I get aggravated and lose all interest.

@Self & London: I've found that most of the stuff I do for TEW takes me anywhere between 7 and 20 minutes depending on the textures I use and the amount of shadow I apply. I wanted to try out LuxRender and see how photorealistic I could get a picture looking so I loaded it up, let it run and went to the gym. :p

When I finish redoing my Canadian Ninjaz render I think I'm just going to let it run overnight.

@Jaysin: Thanks! I'm much happier with the way the model ended up looking than I was with the first one.

@Self & London: I've found that most of the stuff I do for TEW takes me anywhere between 7 and 20 minutes depending on the textures I use and the amount of shadow I apply. I wanted to try out LuxRender and see how photorealistic I could get a picture looking so I loaded it up, let it run and went to the gym. :p

When I finish redoing my Canadian Ninjaz render I think I'm just going to let it run overnight.

@Jaysin: Thanks! I'm much happier with the way the model ended up looking than I was with the first one.

I'm with these two - The Rock took about 10-15 minutes and I had to find something else to do or I would have just pressed cancel. Raytracing on my old PC takes forever too, which doesn't help. Nor does my complete naivety when it comes to lighting.

The clothing textures on Portia Perez are a world apart from your original (which while still good seemed a little blurred). The belt is astonishing - when you say custom, do you mean the entire object was created by you or just the texture?

Either way, great job sockpuppet.

I'm with these two - The Rock took about 10-15 minutes and I had to find something else to do or I would have just pressed cancel. Raytracing on my old PC takes forever too, which doesn't help. Nor does my complete naivety when it comes to lighting.

The clothing textures on Portia Perez are a world apart from your original (which while still good seemed a little blurred). The belt is astonishing - when you say custom, do you mean the entire object was created by you or just the texture?

Either way, great job sockpuppet.

The textures on the new photo are a custom texture for the clothing object. The original was all postwork done on the stock V4 outfit that comes with the figure. Yuck. :p The belt is a free mesh I downloaded from Most Digital Creations that I retextured. Sorry for the confusion. I've been an Object Oriented programmer (C++/PERL derivitive) for so many years, everything I talk about is an object. :D

The textures on the new photo are a custom texture for the clothing object. The original was all postwork done on the stock V4 outfit that comes with the figure. Yuck. :p The belt is a free mesh I downloaded from Most Digital Creations that I retextured. Sorry for the confusion. I've been an Object Oriented programmer (C++/PERL derivitive) for so many years, everything I talk about is an object. :D

Ah that makes sense. Definitely a big improvement. I have the belt in question and nearly put it in my Rock render (technically it is there, just hidden). It would not be unkind to say my belt's render looked atrocious compared to your effort :D

How were you able to pose the belt? I have the MDC free Championship Belt, and I couldn't find any posing controls on it at all.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l98/da_kine_brah/PortiaPerez.png

I working on updating my original render when I came across LuxRender and the Reality 1.01 plugin for Daz3D. This render was done with custom clothing textures, a custom belt object and about 6 hours worth of tweaking dials to get everything just the way I want it. It's rendered at 952 scans per pixel which took about 3 hours 11 minutes. The final I'm going to do at 3000 scans per pixel. Enjoy.

How were you able to pose the belt? I have the MDC free Championship Belt, and I couldn't find any posing controls on it at all.

Clicking on the different segments of the belt and using the x,y,z rotation dials poses the belt. Selecting the main faceplace of the belt and using y-rot, for example, rotates the entire belt around the figure's waist. It's a little awkward at first but once you get the hang of it, you can pose the belt in almost any position. Found this out through trial and error.

Clicking on the different segments of the belt and using the x,y,z rotation dials poses the belt. Selecting the main faceplace of the belt and using y-rot, for example, rotates the entire belt around the figure's waist. It's a little awkward at first but once you get the hang of it, you can pose the belt in almost any position. Found this out through trial and error.

Same as the MDC chain then. Man, I've spent hours trying to get that chain to do what I want before giving up and resorting to photoshop!

Bit of a work-in-progress, but I thought I'd post it while I remember. In case anyone is wondering, I used the Xena wrestling suit with the Dynamic T-shirt draped over the top - hence the lumpy shoulders. The T-shirt design has been blatantly stolen from google images :D

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Alts/Renders/KashmirSinghFull.jpg

Excellent work as always jhd :)

Great work in progress. Make the kneepads orange. Rock on.

Knee-pads being green keeps it the colours of the Indian flag ;) (I assume)

Thanks guys, and MJ's spot on about the pads. Originally I did have them orange and tried to make the lower part of wrestling suit the colours of the Indian flag instead. Suffice to say, it looked a little odd (especially given where the circle in the centre of the flag kept turning up! :eek: ). I will do an orange kneepad version though :D

I'm thinking the trunks need a design on them but I'm drawing a blank at the moment...

Archived