Welcome. You Know The Drill.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

June 2013, week 3

Tragedy strikes the wrestling world as famous SWF superstar Jack Bruce breaks his back in a match with Marat Khoklov. Reports are that he will be out for at least a year, if he recovers from the injury at all.

ACZW #24

We open the night with the Tag Titles on the line as Rich & Famous face... Notorious? Well, the winners are a foregone conclusion, but Notorious actually do their part in keeping this one watchable. P-n-P face Boriken and Midnight; this one also manages to not offend anyone's sensabilities. Giant Brody squashes Ant-Man... again... nobody cares... Primus Allen defeats Tigre Savaje, and the crowd is still out of it. So, we wake them up: ACZW Title. Donnie J. Plague. Steel Cage. It's a really good match; not the best ACZW has put out, but still a good one worthy of main-eventing. Donnie retains, but Plague still looks motivated out there.

(Show rating: C, 1,000 tickets sold.)

CZCW Onslaught #167

This is a hard show to book; I don't think there's a bad match on the card. We'll see if it works out that way. Your opening match: Plague vs James Prudence. A nice, long opener, not as good as Plague's last opener, but still good, with Plague getting the possible-surprise victory. Amazing Fire Fly defends the Xtreme Title against Brad Peverell, and completely outmanuvers him for the victory in a decent match. Then, I take on El Mitico in another long match, and I surprise myself – we turn out a main-event quality matchup. I get the pinfall, but it feels good to be in a really good match again.

Primus Allen faced, and lost to, Clark Alexander in a match that felt a bit rushed, but was okay. Sparrow defeats Moose in an okay match, and then P-n-P defeat Tigre Savaje and Panda Mask in a good tag bout. Demon Seed defeats Nelson Callum by cheating, and then in a surprisingly good match, Rich & Famous retain the tag titles against the team of Acid and Brody.

For main events, Remmy and Heroic go a good twenty, and while they don't turn out the great match I was expecting, it's still good – with Remmy winning, of course. Then, Dragon vs Powell for the CZCW Title is a great match, better than I had been expecting. Dragon retains, but Powell had something to prove here, and he proved it.

(Show rating: B-, 4,841 tickets sold.)

On the next Welcome: Who will Dragon face next? And will it be overshadowed by the sub-main we have planned: Skye vs Mitico? And what new tag team will enter the division?

June 2013, week 4

Huh. Even with the economy threatening to go into a recession, we have one of our best shows ever, attendence-wise. Strange.

ACZW #25

We open with El Mitico defeating The Midnight Prowler in a good match; then Mario Heroic over Blackfire, which is just as good. Notorious fails to carry a match as they defeat El Ladron and Boriken in a bad matchup; Fire Fly and Demon Seed meet one too many times and the crowd is highly upset with it, even with Fire Fly retaining; and in the main event, Donnie retains the ACZW Title in a steel cage against Giant Brody in a good match.

(Show rating: D+, 1,000 tickets sold.)

CZCW Onslaught #168

Our opening match is an 'odd partners' tag match: Brad and Brody vs Remmy & Primus. It's a good little match... not the great one we were kinda hoping for, but there's a reason it's on first and not at the end of the show. Primus gets the pinfall on Brad for the win. We follow it up with our Trash Of The Night as Notorious defeats... Ant-Man and Frankie-Boy. Yay.

The Tag Titles are next, as Rich & Famous faces Team PSW; the result is a pretty good matchup with the champs retaining. Another tag follows as P-n-P do the J-o-B to our newest tag team, the Birds Of Prey: Plague and Sparrow, and the result is... well, okay. Then a poor match as Jeremiah Moose defeats Boriken.

The Xtreme Title is up next, as Air Attack Weasel challenges Fire Fly. The champ retains, as usual, and Weasel plays his part for the best to give us a good match. Then, a triple-threat between Tigre, Acid, and Heroic; Heroic gets the win, but the match is only about average. Then, a breather break as Panda Mask defeat Midnight Prowler in another sub-par match.

For main events, I team up with El Mitico to face James Prudence and Demon Seed; it's a long match that sees our team win, and it works as being a really good match. Then, Dragon defends the CZCW Title against Clark Alexander; it's your typical Zone main event, good fun all around, with Dragon retaining.

(Show rating: C+, 4,389 tickets sold.)

On the next Welcome: We need to shake things up a bit. How insane am I? Let's find out...

July 2013, week 1

As usual, we won the region battle in the tri-state area. PSW was averaging C- shows; so was NYCW; FCW had mounted a heroic effort with some B- shows, but we were still too good for them. Hrm... maybe an invasion of Puerto Rico is in order sometime soon...

ACZW #26

Our opening match tonight is Jake Idol facing El Mitico; while not as good as expected, it's still a good matchup, with Mitico winning. Moose & Weasel defeat P-n-P in an okay match; then Trash status is given to Nelson Callum defeating Boriken Love Machine. The Birds of Prey defeat Los Rudos (Demon Seed and Tigre Savaje), and then Donnie J defends the ACZW Title against James Prudence; it's a great match that ends with Donnie retaining his title, and James actually accepting a handshake afterwards.

(Show rating: C, 1,438 tickets sold.)

CZCW Onslaught #169

The Xtreme Title is vacated, as Fire Fly is hoping to do what Dragon did before him and fight for a promotion. So, we have a title to fill. It's Mario Heroic and Plague... and Plague, of course, is insisting on no ladders. Perhaps it gives him the edge, as he gets the victory in a good little opener that's up to our usual standards. Brody quashes Boriken to give Bori his best match yet... one that's merely average by our standards. Then, Team PSW takes on Los Rudos (Tigre and Panda) and get a very convincing win in a good match.

I take on James Prudence and, after a hard-fought match, watch the lights as the three-count is... counted... then, in another average match, Primus Allen gets the win over Brad Peverell. Slightly better, Matt Sparrow gets a win over Clark Alexander. Then, the Tag Titles are fought over; Rich & Famous faces P-n-P and retain their titles in a better-than-average bit.

For a bit of a breather, Acid defeats Midnight... and hey, the whole show is average-or-better tonight. For main events, first we have Remmy Skye and El Mitico face off again; it's not as good as their last meeting, but still a good match, with Mitico getting the win. Finally, it's Dragon vs Fire Fly, CZCW Title. He may not be getting over, but Fire Fly certainly doesn't let the crowd get to him – the match is fantastic, and the crowd is a bit shocked when Dragon goes to suplex Fire Fly off the ladder... but Fire Fly has ahold of the title and carries it down to the mat, giving the six-time Xtreme Champion, the most-fightingest Xtreme Champion in history, the rights to be CZCW Champion.

(Show rating: B-, 5,000 tickets sold – We sold out the Gorski!)

On the next Welcome: Yeah. I went there. If this doesn't get Fire Fly over, nothing will... And Plague has returned to the Xtreme Title... and made it less Xtreme, kicking out the ladders. Will this campaign to be 'Xtreme without props' force the crowd to turn on him?

I know when I ran CZCW I didn't stick with existing matches. I made a Kendo Stick match that was rated on Regular rather than Hardcore, with no DQ and no countouts, and used that for most one on one matches.

Bah. Seems too much like cheating to me. It's a slippery slope... nothing to stop you from making a high-prestige, no-injury match that everyone can be in all the time...

-----------------

July 2013, week 2

So, I decided to check the books and see how operation 'save money' was doing. At first, I thought June had been just as bad as February or March. Then I realized... no negative sign. We made sixty grand last month. I think it's safe to call the ACZW Experiment a success – we'll only be making more money as we grow. Well... until Cliff decides to over-expand us. I know it's coming... I just don't know when.

ACZW #27

We open with Primus Allen defeating Jonnie Perez, complete with Perez taking a superplex to the outside of the ring.. which seems somewhat out of place for this coast. Paradigm defeats Bullet in an okay match, then Nelson Callum defeats Clark Alexander in a good matchup.

Barrera defeats Reggie Bishop, which the crowd craps all over... they want the next two matches. Plague defends the Xtreme Title against Teddy Powell and retains, and the match isn't anything special, then Donnie defends the ACZW Title in a steel cage against... me. We put on a good enough match... I'm sure we'd be popping the crowd something harsh back in SoCal, but eh... whatchagonnado? Donnie retains, and it is what it is.

(Show rating: C, 1,341 tickets sold.)

CZCW Onslaught #170

We open with the Tag Titles, as Rich & Famous take on the Los Luchas team of Mitico and Heroic. Y'know, I was torn on what to put as the opener, this, or the match in the sub-main... I was way off. I should've made this the main event of the whole show; it's better than most of our main events have been lately, and gives the champs a huge win.

After that, any match is going to be a letdown, so we have P-n-P facing Boriken and El Ladron with an easy, but ugly, win. Snap Dragon gets a small measure of redemption by defeating Nelson Callum; Primus Allen then defeats Air Attack Weasel in a so-so bout.

In a rare six-man match, Los Rudos (all three of them) defeat the thrown-together team of Moose, Sparrow, and Prowler in a fun little cluster. Teddy Powell defeats Clark Alexander in an okay matchup, and then I defeat Giant Brody in something that's merely average... and get upstaged by Brad and Acid, who decide to put on a better match than us, as Acid wins.

For main events, first, the Xtreme Title is up as Plague defends against... Remmy Skye. Plague manages to retain his title, but these two put on a really good match that makes us hope, between this and the opener, that we made the right choice for our main event. The new CZCWW Champion Amazing Fire Fly has to defend against... James Prudence? No... against Jimmy P. Fire Fly looks nervous... but still turns out one hell of a match, justifying my choice of him as champ and his spot in the main event. The kid's got a future... now if I can just make the crowd believe it...

(Show rating: B-, 5,000 tickets sold.)

On the next Welcome: Wow. Three B-level matches on one show. Can we top that? … probably not.

July 2013, week 3

Another harsh wrestling injury as El Hijo De Zonk has severed his spinal column. That's two inside of a month... this is going to be a painful year for wrestling injuries. Hopefully we'll get through it unscathed.

… what? It's not like I said “What's the worst that can happen?”...

ACZW #28

This might be an odd show. We're opening with Teddy Powell defeating Acid in an average match; P-n-P defeat Notorious in another average match; then Tigre and Panda defeat Ant-Man and Brody in a somewhat-awkward match. Snap dragon defeats James Prudence in a good match, and then a four-way ladder match for the ACZW Title: Donnie, me, Remmy, and Idol. Once again, the champ retains; and once again, we manage a blow-away match on the East Coast. Bite us, PSW!

(Show rating: B-, 1,461 tickets sold.)

CZCW Onslaught #171

Our opening match has The Uneasy Alliance reuniting to defeat Moose & Weasel in a good match... not as good as I was hoping, but still good. The Midnight Prowler gets a win over Panda Mask, and it's inoffensive. Giant Brody tries to squash Remmy Skye and fails in another good match. And Jonnie Perez nearly kills himself taking out Acid in a total spotfest that still keeps the crowd somewhat entertained.

Heroic and Mitico take on Demon Seed and Tigre Savage again, and again the win, and against it's a good match – better than our opener. You'd think I'd have some faith in these guys by now. A rare triple-threat next as Clark, Brad, and Teddy all step in the ring; Teddy comes away with the surprise blink-and-you-missed-it win, and the match was... well, on a cost-per-quality basis, it was expensive. Not bad, but expensive. Nelson Callum defeats Boriken Love Machine in a sub-par match, and then Rich and Famous defend the tag titles against... myself and Primus Allen. Yes, if wins don't get him over, we'll try teaming him with veterans. We don't win, but it's a good match all the same.

Your Trash of the Night is next as Notorious defeat Blackfire and Frankie-Boy. Turns out those two don't work well as a team, or this might have been salvageable. For main events, Matt Sparrow gets his first one-on-one crack at Snap Dragon since January. While he fails to bring down the former champ, it's still a good match... although I really should have put the luchas here. And in the last match off the night, it's a non-title, non-gimmick match between Xtreme Champion Plague and CZCW Champion Amazing Fire Fly. If Plague would've only let me put a ladder in this one... good match, these two work great together, it was just missing that little something special, something 'Zone'ish. Fire Fly comes away with the win (yeah, Plague's gonna give me an earful about that later).

(Show rating: C+, 5,000 tickets sold.)

On the next Welcome: Luchamania!

July 2013, week 4

Our newest odd backstage friendship: Mario Heroic and Paradigm. This ties Paradigm with Panda Mask, Ant-Man and Frankie-Boy for most odd backstage alliances. Of course, we wanted to keep Paradigm and Panda Mask around. The other two... we'd've fired it it wouldn't've ticked off our ref, road agent, Brody... but their contracts were coming up soon, so we'd just quietly not renew them. If we kept growing at this rate, we'd need to be stea... erm, recruiting from some of the 'smaller' companies soon.

Reggie Bishop apparently didn't like being here... he'd been spreading rumors about Panda Mask backstage. Well, Panda's got friends. And I happen to like the guy... it's an animal-mask-kinship thing. Bye, Reggie. I'll find better-behaved jobbers somewhere.

ACZW #29

Demon Seed and Tigre Savaje are on a bit of a loosing streak, losing to Moose and Weasel in a decent match; I defeat The Midnight Prowler for some average filler; then Nelson Callum defeats Giant Brody for pretty much the same results. El Mitico defeats Brad Peverel to remind the east coast when our Luchas can do; and in the main event, Donnie J defends the ACZW Title against Mario Heroic, giving him another successful defense and another great east-coast match under his belt.

(Show rating: C+, 1,000 tickets sold.)

CZCW Onslaught #172

Our theme tonight is triple-threat title defenses. The Xtreme Title is up first, Plague defending against Primus and Nelson. It's a good opener, all three men doing their part for excitement, and Plague retaining. Panda Mask defeats Boriken in an okay match, then Clark carries Acid to a pretty good bout before beating him. Demon Seed and Tigre break their losing streak by defeating Notorious, which doesn't suck.

Jimmy P defeats The Midnight Prowler in a good, short match, and then a very rare Hardcore Match sees Teddy Powell defeat Giant Brody in an okay, if chaotic, match. Snap Dragon defeats Brad Peverell in a good matchup, and then the Tag Titles are on the line: Rich & Famous, P-n-P, amd Moose & Weasel put on the match of the night so far before the champs retain.

Your breather is Matt Sparrow squashing El Ladron. And even that doesn't fall below 'average'. Fir main events, I go twenty before losing to Remmy in a very good match, and then: Luchamania as Fire Fly defends against his friends and comrades Heroic and Mitico. It;s a total lucha spotfest, but the crowd loves it and the match exceeds my expectations from them. If Fire Fly retaining his title here doesn't help get him over... nothing will.

(Show rating: B-, 4,926 tickets sold.)

On the next Welcome: Do we win yet another regional battle?

August 2013, week 1

We continued to grow in the tri-state area; I had been worried at the beginning of the year, thinking we had ten months to bankputcy at the rate we were losing money. In the last two months, we'd made back nearly everything we'd lost. One more month and our bank account would be setting records again. I had to admit... I was good at this job.

ACZW #30

Demon Seed defeats Boriken, because the crowd's starting to forget about him, but the match sucks; Primus defeats Barerra, and it's okay; Jonnie does his typical “I may die, but at least I'll win” match, but this time it's a huge win over Brody and a good match; Clark and Brad fail to win the Tag Titles from Rich & Famous in a really good match; and finally, Donnie passes on the ACZW Title to Matt Sparrow in yet another blow-away East Coast match.

(Show rating: C+, 1,870 tickets sold.)

CZCW Onslaught #173

For something different, a ten-man battle royal with the winner getting a title shot in the main event. We've got a star-studded lineup: Me, Remmy, Donnie, Jimmy, Brody, Dragon, Mitico, Heroic, Brad, and Clark. It's a long battle royal, and in the end the teamwork of Mitico and Heroic wins out, with Mitico sacrificing himself in a ricky cross-body to knock Brody off-balance and out of the ring. It's possibly our best battle royal ever, and a great... if expensive... opener.

Jeremiah Moose defeats The Midnight Prowler in a match better than I thought it would be; Teddy Powell defeats Tigre Savaje in a really good match; Primus Allen defeats Boriken Love Machine in an average fight; P-n-P defeat Demon seed and Panda Mask in a good bout; Nelson Callum defeats Acid in another really good match; and Air Attack Weasel defeats Blackfire in a slightly sub-par match.

For main events, the tag titles are up for grabs... not in a ladder match, this time inside a steel cage as Rich & Famous defend against the Birds of Prey: ACZW champ Sparrow and Xtreme champ Plague. It's a really good match, not the blowaway we'd secretly hoped for, but still really good and it ends with the champs managing to retain. Then, in the main event, Fire Fly vs Heroic for the CZCW Title. I'd asked a bit much from them... they went too long, got too tired, and the match wound up being just really good... other companies would love to have this main event, but for us, it's... a dissapointment, with Fire Fly retaining.

(Show rating: C, 5,000 tickets sold... wait, what? C? How the...)

On the next Welcome: Okay, what the hell happened there? Time to recover...

August 2013, week 2

A quick look at momentum: Fire Fly, Jackpot, and Idol are at B-. Mitico and Dragon are at C+. The rest of our main eventers and uppercarders are at C, and so is Heroic. Pretty much everyone but the jobbers and Brody are at C-. Yeah... our momentum now makes what we had when I started look pitiful.

Oh, and welcome the newest Zoner: Austin Smooth. We needed someone to replace the soon-to-be-leaving Ant-Man and Frankie-Boy...

ACZW #31

The Uneasy Alliance loses to Remmy Skye and Snap Dragon in a good match; Jeremiah Moose defeats Boriken Love Machine in a poor match; Notorious defeat Midnight and Blackfire in an equally poor match. Brad and I go for a long match with me winning, which doesn't get much of a reaction; and finally, Sparrow defends the ACZW Title against Primus Allen in a good match that sees the champ retain.

(Show rating: C-, 1,736 tickets sold.)

CZCW Onslaught #174

I open the night with a long match against Primus Allen; I get the win, but this is definitely a good match. We then sink into horrid match territory as Brad Peverell squashes El Ladron, and the crowd craps all over it.

Things get better as The Uneasy Alliance defeats P-n-P in an above-average match; Snap Dragon defeats Clark Alexander with just as much quality; and then Remmy Skye defeats Boriken Love Machine in some average action before we go back to 'above-average' with a rare handicap match: Team PSW defeating Los Rudos in two-on-three action.

We stay 'above-average' with Moose & Weasel defeating Ant-Man and Acid. We get a very sub-par match as Notorious defeats Prowler and Blackfire, and then we're onto the main events.

For a sub-main, we have a #1 Contenders Ladder Match between Jake Idol and Jackpot Jordan. Both men have a lot of momentum behind them, but it fails to give this match any sort off boost, leaving it at still just above-average. Then it's a big six-man main event as Los Luchas take on Giant Brody and the Birds of Prey. It's a long match that ends with Fire Fly pinning Brody after a flurry of lucha action that only gets into 'pretty good' range, and... I sound like a broken record here... not the blow-away we were hoping for.

(Show rating: C+, 4,934 tickets sold)

On the next Welcome: Fire Fly vs Idol. And... we'll come up with something. We really need to if we want to overcome the economy and industry and keep making money hand over fist.

August 2013, week 3

Someone was up for renegotiations... and they insisted, no matter how much we offered them, on a cut of merchandising. Which, y'know, is good business sense for them, but they really weren't worth it. We'll have to book around that soon...

Mario Heroic was leaving MPWF; they were looking to replace him with... Boriken Love Machine? Ooooo-kay.... that's a downgrade.

ACZW #32

Jackpot Jordan loses to Nelson Callum in a good opener; P-n-P defeats Notorious in an average bout; Demon Seed defeats Midnight Prowler in a poor match; Jake Idol defeats Teddy Powell in a good match (and you better believe that'll lead to a Tidal Booking title match sometime soon), and finally Matt Sparrow defeats Mario Heroic in a long ladder match to retain the ACZW Title in a very good match.

(Show rating: C+, 1,791 tickets sold.)

CZCW Onslaught #175

We open with Los Luchas (Mitico and Heroic) facing The Uneasy Alliance. It's a great match that goes long, and ends with Jimmy getting the pinfall victory. From that, we take a nosedive into 'Why do we care?' as Tigre Savaje defeats newcomer Austin Smooth. Things get better as Tigre's Rudos comrades Demon Seed and Panda Mask defeat Notorious in an average match. Then, Teddy Powell defeats Jackpot Jordan in an above-average match, showing that either member of Team PSW can defeat him.

Snap Dragon defeats Giant Brody in a below-average match; then P-n-P-n-P (Perez, Paradigm, and Primus) defeat The Zoo (Weasel, Moose, and Ant-Man) in an average bout. Both of those names are unofficial, by the way; but that's how I like to think about them. Plague defends the Xtreme Title against Brad Peverell, and... did I forget these two are bad against each other? 'cause this match sucked like a Hoover. Then things get even worse... on purpose, this time, as Matt Sparrow defeats Clark Alexander in a non-title match... for like the fourth time lately, and the crowd really doesn't care.

But they know the main events are up next. I take on Remmy Skye in a good, long match before staring up at the lights, and then Fire Fly defends the CZCW Title against Idol. And it's... just above average. Wow. That... totally went against my expectations. And not in a good way.

(Show rating: C, 4,526 tickets sold.)

On the next Welcome: We need to find a new challenger for Fire Fly, and fast... any more sub-par matches and he won't be worth much as a champion... and this push will fail like me on my college midterms.

… yeah, I went to college. For a year and a half, part-time. It... didn't end well.

August 2013, week 4

USPW went after Primus Allen; they would get him. MHW joined the list of promotions that wanted Boriken for some reason; they would get him as well. Ant-Man's contract ran out quietly, without fanfare; so did Frankie-Boy's. No big loss for us on either one; hopefully they'll learn some more and be open to coming back later.

It results in some re-shuffling of the roster. At the top, we have Donnie, Jimmy, me, Matt, Remmy, Clark, and Brad. The uppercard is Plague, Mitico, Fire Fly, Powell, Dragon, Brody, Idol, and Jordan.

The midcard is Boriken, Nelson, Acid, Tigre, Primus, Jonnie, Moose, Weasel, and Heroic. The lowercard is Barrera, Panda, Demon, and Prowler; the rest are on the job squad.

ACZW #33

Jake Idol defeats Nelson Callum in a good match, showing he can defeat either member of Team PSW; P-n-P defeats Demon Seed and Tigre Savaje in another good match; Bullet defeats Boriken when Barerra does a run-in after a horrible match. In an awesome match, The Uneasy Alliance defeats Remmy Skye and Snap Dragon; and Matt Sparrow loses the ACZW Title to El Mitico in a great-but-overshadowed match.

(Show rating: C+, 1,762 tickets sold.)

CZCW Onslaught #176

We open with the Tag Title match, as Rich and Famous defend against Team PSW; it's a great match that ends with Teddy Powell retreiving the belts to give us new champions. Mario Heroic defeats Boriken Love Machine in an average match – of course, average for us is good for most places. Clark and I go for a long match, ending with me getting the victory, and then Primus Allen defeats Jonnie Perez in something a bit sub-par that gets cut short when Perez manages to break his nose on a botched moonsault.

El Mitico and Snap Dragon team up to defeat Brad Peverell and Giant Brody in a good match; Moose & Weasel defeat Los Rudos (Panda and Tigre) in an average match; and then Notorious defeat Acid and Austin in a sub-par match.

For main events, we start with The Uneasy Alliance defeating the Birds of Prey, with Sparrow showing some uncertainty after losing his ACZW Title, but still everyone putting on a great match. Then, Fire Fly defends against Remmy Skye... and puts on another barely-above-average match. Three-quarters of the way through the match, I decided to call an audible and get Pee-Wee's attention. He passes on the instructions to the others, and Remmy walks out with the CZCW Title for the first time in nearly four and a half years.

(Show rating: C, 4,350 tickets sold.)

On the next Welcome: Will the new champion snap our streak of dissapointing shows? Hey, it's Remmy Skye... of course it will!

September 2013, week 1

Another month, another regional vic... hey, wait, second? Who beat us? FCW? With a B-level show? Hrm... okay, yeah, I can see that. We didn't exactly have a great month last month.

Also, another graduate of the Coastal Resort, Simon Waves, was ready to 'go pro'. I wanted to sign him, but as usual... Cliff said he wasn't well-trained enough. So why the hell did we graduate him, Cliffy? C'mon, man... after talking things over with him, I eventually got the 'OK' to recruit newbies... as long as they hadn't been in trouble with the law. Well... that was going to cause some problems when it came time for renegotiations...

ACZW #34

Team PSW have their first title defense... over Notorious... and it manages to be okay. Weasel defeats Panda Mask, and these two step up their game a bit. Then Acid gets a strong win over Jackpot Jordan, and the matches keep getting better. Which stops when Primus Allen squashes Austin Smooth, and it's a little on the down side. For main events, Demon Seed gets smacked around by Giant Brodu before rolling him up... which is horrible... and then Mitico defends against... Fire Fly, in an awesome match that sees the champ retain, but why couldn't Fire Fly have had more matches like that?

(Show rating: C+, 1,551 tickets sold.)

CZCW Onslaught #177

We open the show with me taking on James Prudence. We go a nice, long match and put on a great show before he pins me. Jake Idol defeats Jackpot Jordan and spits on him afterwards in an average match. Team PSW defend their titles in a steel cage against Moose & Weasel; these two teams manage to pull one hell of a match out of somewhere. Then, Plague defends the not-so-Xtreme-anymore title against Jonnie Perez; the match is merely average, with Plague retaining.

Mario Heroic brings a great match out of Brad Peverell, and gets a big victory over him. Amazing Fire Fly gets a victory over Tigre Savaje... but damn, did someone wake these two up? We've got an easy contender for match of the night... possibly one of the best of the year here. Things cool off a bit as Primus and Acid defeat Demon Seed and Panda Mask in a decent bout.

For main events, first, we have Matt Sparrow and Snap Dragon go hard before going home, with Dragon getting a win to get some momentum going in a great match, and then Remmy defends the CZCW Title against Donnie K; it's merely a great match, and backstage Fire Fly snorts at me and scowls. He knows he just put on the match of the night, and I should've left the title on him...

That's good, kid. Keep proving me wrong. You'll be a star in no time. I don't care if you hate me... just do your best.

(Show rating: B-, 4,464 tickets sold.)

On the next Welcome: Fire Fly gets another crack at the match of the night as he faces Mario Heroic, and Remmy Skye faces James Prudence.

September 2013, week 2

We resigned a few new people; Jackpot Jordan wasn't among them, and would be jobbing until his contract ran out. Maybe a year unemployed would convince him to agree to my terms next time.

ACZW #35

Primus Allen defeats Jackpot Jordan in an average fight; Nelson Callum defeats Boriken, also average; Notorious defeats Demon & Panda in a better-than-average match; James Prudence defeats Clark Alexander in another better-than-average match; then El Mitico retains his title over Tigre Savaje in pretty decent matchup that, well, kinda lets me down.

(Show rating: C, 1,728 tickets sold.)

CZCW Onslaught #178

… what do you mean, Jimmy and Primus decided to work for USPW instead of us tonight? Well, Jimmy just lost out on a title shot... and probably won't get one for a while...

We open with Donnie J and Matt Sparrow putting on a surprising match... not surprising in how good it is, but I told them to work out who wins among themselves. I was honestly expecting Matt to ask for the win, but Donnie was the one who came out victorious, and Sparrow seemed okay with it. To take a breather, P-n-P defeat Notorious in a match far better than I would have thought these two teams could put on last year; even with our higher standards, they're still hitting 'average' right on the nose. Jake Idol faces Brad Peverell and gets a win to start his newest singles push.

The Xtreme Title is next up, with Plague facing Acid; and I don't know if Acid is learning or Plague is far better at carrying than I thought he was, but this was easily the equal of the opener and could main-event a show. Plague retains... but Acid may finally be earning himself a serious push if he can keep this up. For filler, Moose & Weasel defeat Brody and Boriken in a just-above-below-average match. Clark Alexander defeats Tigre Sdavaje because, well, I didn't have anything else for either of them to do, and the match kinda shows that lack of motivation. Then, I go out there and tear the mat up with Snap Dragon; that gives us three great matches so far tonight and we still have main events to come. But first: Demon Seed and Panda Mask defeat Blackfire and El Ladron. Yeah, it's... bad. But I need to deflate the crowd a bit before the big stuff.

For main events: The Tag Titles are on the line as Team PSW face Los Luchas: Fire Fly and Heroic. It's another great match as both teams know what they're doing, and I'm finding the hard-hitting techni-brawl style of Team PSW meshes with Lucha techni-flippy far better than I ever expected. The champs retain, but we get our fourth great match of the night. And finally, a non-title Champ vs Champ match between Remmy Skye and El Mitico. I've got a lot of faith in this one; no ladders, no titles, just two guys who can put on a great show. Some may say that adding that stuff in would have made an awesome match... but something told me to play it safe tonight. Remym gets the win in a hard-foought contest, and we have five, count 'em, five great matches tonight. Over half the show was beyond what any company our size should be putting out. I'm happy with that.

(Show rating: B-, 4,688 tickets sold.)

On the next Welcome: With FCW putting on a bad (for them) show, it looks like a region win is all but assured this month; does that mean we spend the next two weeks resting on our laurels? And will Jimmy and Primus face retaliation for working elsewhere?

September 2013, week 3

When I got backstage last show, I was greeted with a pair of medics checking on Teddy and bundling him off to the hospital. I asked him if he was okay, and he gave me a thumbs-up... he couldn't speak through the broken jaw. That was going to cause quite a few problems with the tag titles... I was hoping he'd heal up fast, but if he didn't, I had a few ideas about new champs.

I was a bit mad at our 'turncoats' last week, true. But then someone told me about USPW's show... they had nearly three times the audience we've ever had. Prudence won the National Title. And Primus... well, he wasn't used. The kid knows nothing about the business outside the ring, it seems... A chance at a paycheck isn't as good as proven loyalty.

ACZW #36

Phase I goes into effect. We open with Plague losing the Xtreme Title to... Pardigm? No, I didn't make a mistake there. It was intentional. And better than average, too. Dragon defeated Primus in a good match; Acid defeated Brody and did okay... and I'm willing to blame the 'just ok' on Brody instead of Acid this time. Fir Fly and Heroic defeat Demon Seed and Tigre in a good match, and then El Mitico retains the ACZW Title over Nelson Callum in a really good bout.

(Show rating: C, 1,608 tickets sold.)

CZCW Onslaught #179

We open with the continuing Jake Idol push, as he gets a victory over Matt Sparrow in a good, long match that flirts with greatness. Primus gets a short, ugly squash over Austin. Donnie J defeats Brody in an ok matchup, and Moose & Weasel defeat Boriken and Prowler in a surprisingly above-average match.

Paradigm makes his first title defense against Demon Seed, and it's... sub-par. Then, out of nowhere, Acid and Jonnie Perez put on a main-event-level matchup which Acid wins. Then Clark and Brad put on an average match. I need to ask those two why I pay them big money. Then, Team PSW defend the tag titles against Fire Fly and Heroic again; this time, with Powell unable to compete much, the chalengers win – but Callum still makes a match out of it.

For main events, Jimmy P gets a hard-fought win over Plague after a great match, and then it;s a triple-threat match for the CZCW Title. Remmy, me, and Dragon. We tear the house down with an awesome match, and Remmy manages to retain... but this match is classic Zone, and I think everyone had fun... in it, watching it, whatever.

(Show rating: B, 4,842 tickets sold.)

On the next Welcome: That's more like it. Let's see if we can make it two in a row, shall we?

September 2013, week 4

… slow week.

ACZW #37

We open with the Jake Idol push; tonight's victim is Plague, and the match is good. Demon and Panda defeat Notorious... again... it's boring... then Acid defeats Prowler in a decent matchup. Snap Dragon defeats James Prudence in a good match, and Mitico retains the ACZW Title over Fire Fly in a surprisingly awesome match.

(Show rating: C+, 1,782 tickets sold)

CZCW Onslaught #180

Out opening match has Moose and Weasel losing to the now-titleless Birds of Prey in a good opening match. After that, Notorious defeat Blackfire and Boriken in a sub-par mess, and then Acid takes the Xtreme Title away from Paradigm in a simply-average fight. I think that may be the shortest Xtreme title reign since... well, Jay Chord.

Jake Idol's push continues, this time with a good win over Clark Alexander; Callum and Primus defeat Peverell and Brody in a poor showing; Teddy Powell gets a squash over Austin Smooth that is, also, poor; this time it's because we had to protect Teddy's jaw. Things get a bit better as we go with a triple-threat match: Los Rudos explode, Demon Seed vs Panda Mask vs Tigre Savaje. Tigre gets the win, and it's better than average... definitely better than this show's average so far.

Jonnie Perez defeats The Midnight Prowler in a sub-par matc, and then we move to the main events: Los Luchas defend and retain their tag titles against The Uneasy Alliance in a good match, and then we re-run last week's main event; once again, Remmy retains, but once again, we got a great match out of it. Pity the rest of the show wasn't quite as good as last week...

(Show rating: B-, 4,545 tickets sold.)

On the next Welcome: We can't possibly keep replaying that match over and over... can we?

Hrm. You picked a good time to post....

------------

October 2013, week 1

New month. New signing. Well, new old signing. Which was okay by me... we could afford it. Hell, we had a million-and-a-quarter in the ba... what do you mean, Clark Alexander's contract ran out? Eh. No big loss. Brad had a month left; we wouldn't be renewing his, either. Two main eventers gone (or nearly gone), and one new one coming back. Well, eventually. Hadda wait two weeks for his other contract to run out first.

ACZW #38

We open with the Birds of Prey defeating P-n-P in an okay match; Primus Allen defeats Demon Seed in something that's kinda average; Mightnight Prowler defeats Boriken in a match nobody cares about; Jake Idol defeats Nelson Callum in a decent bout, and then Mitico defends the ACZW Title against Donnie J and Fire Fly in a great match... and retains.

(Show rating: C+, 2,000 tickets sold.)

CZCW Onslaught #181

We open with The Uneasy Alliance defeating Team PSW; Teddy's jaw is healed up, so this winds up being a great match. From good tags to bad tags, Notorious defeat Austin Smooth and Blackfire, which gets the reaction you'd expect. Acid makes his first Xtreme Title defense against Air Attack Weasel, and it's a good match that sees him retain. Giant Brody squashes Boriken Love Machine, and the crowd is definitely getting tired of him.

Six-man action as Los Rudos are forced to team up again to face P-n-P(-n-P) as Prowler joines Perez and Paradigm for a victory in a surprisingly nice match. Jeremiah Moose defeats Primus Allen in average action, and then Jake Idol defeats Brad Peverel – and again, average. El Mitico defeats El Ladron in a short, and highly-booed, match.

For main events, Los Luchas defend the Tag Titles against the Birds of Prey in a cage match, and it's certainly a great matchup. The champs retain, and I need to throw Plague and Sparrow a bone pretty soon. Then, we replay the main event of the last two weeks yet again, and it's starting to wear off a bit with the crowd.. still good, but they're not as into it as they used to be. Remmy retains again, and I need to find something to do next week for everyone...

(Show rating: B-, 4,882 tickets sold.)

On the next Welcome: Okay... now what? I gotta spin my wheels for two wee... hrm. Hold up a sec.

October 2013, week 2

ACZW #39

The Xtreme Title opens the show, with Acid defeating Fire Fly in a good match; Nelson defeats Demon in a somewhat-poor match; Prowler defeats Boriken in a just-as-bad-match; P-n-P defeat Moose & Weasel in a good match; in the main event, it's a cage match for the ACZW Title, Mitico vs Plague; Mitico gets the win to retain, and Plague is ticked, but it's a great match.

(Show rating: C+, 2,000 tickets sold.)

On the next Welcome (honestly, this time): Ding! Achievement unlocked.

Archived