Restoring The Honour- TCW

Prediction Results

Koshiro Ino vs Rick Law was Match of the Night

Lo-Drew: 5/9

Rayelek: 6/9

Timber: 4/9

Establishment: 4/9

Round Winner

Congratulations Rayelek. You have won this round!

Rankings

1st: Davide83 = 3

2nd: Rayelek = 2

3rd: angeldelayette = 1

3rd: Truth = 1

3rd: Teh_Showtime = 1

4th: KingofKings

4th: Jaded

4th: jwt13

4th: Woodsmeister

4th: Kainlock

4th: The-619

4th: Liamo

4th: Antithesis

4th: drmacbeth

4th: Establishment

4th: jtnlange

4th: Carparama

4th: Lo-Drew

4th: Timber

Hope you guys enjoyed the show. Feel free to leave any thoughts and feedback.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Booker's Notes

And so it seemed that Malice In Wonderland was a relative success all things considered. A couple of late changes aside, the guys worked their socks off. Mario Heroic also made an impact with his debut. He is a solid worker and will make a great addition to the TCW roster. Cornell has kept his distance from the booking as of late. He said that unless something strikes him as being completely out of place, he will leave me to it. (Apparently I have just finished my "probation period").

I still can't quite grasp Vessey's response when confronted with his steroid use. I don't think he has or can learn a lesson with regards to this. I will have to wait to see how things play out upon his return.

Anyway onwards and upwards. As we speak I am finalising the contract of another promising young wrestler (it still strikes me as amusing when referring to wrstlers as being "young" who in truth are the same age as myself). Not 100% sure what direction I am going to take with him, but I look forward to him joining the company.

TCW Presents Total Wrestling

Full Card

Main Event

Tommy Cornell vs Joey Minnesota

Rest of the Card

Benny Benson vs Sam Keith

TCW International Title: Joshua Taylor © vs Rick Law

The New Wave vs Texas Buffalo

John Anderson vs Mario Heroic

Edd Stone vs Flying Jimmy Fox

(Dark Match) Freddy Huggins vs Clark Alexander

Main Event

Rest of the Card

TCW International Title: Joshua Taylor © vs Rick Law by DQ

Full Card

Main Event

Rest of the Card

Full Card

Main Event

Rest of the Card

Tuesday, Week 1, February 2010

The V. Thompson Arena

Attendance: 10,000 (Sell Out!)

Azaria: Hello everybody and welcome once again to TCW Presents Total Wrestling. I’m Jason Azaria and alongside me is my broadcast partner, Shawn Doakes. Shawn what a PPV Malice In Wonderland was.

Doakes: I have to agree with you Azaria, it was a great night of TCW action. Even though Sam Keith didn’t win the TCW World Heavyweight championship, I still went home a happy man.

Azaria: That’s right. Rocky Golden managed to successfully defend his Heavyweight title inside a steel cage against Sam Keith in what was a truly bloody battle.

Doakes: Rocky Golden’s stock has just gone up in my book. Beating Keith in a regular match is one thing, but to beat the legend that is Sam Keith inside a cage is something special.

Azaria: We also saw The Syndicate defeat The Freedom Fighters in a heated affair, but I’m sure that this war is not over yet.

Doakes: No, not by a long shot. Minnesota and RDJ may be many things, but quitters they are not.

Azaria: Now we mustn’t forget the Rick Law/Koshihiro Ino ongoing rivalry. Law managed to sneak a win this past Sunday, but you have to think that Ino will not just roll over and die.

Doakes: For sure, Ino has been through a lot over the past few months, but he still hasn’t managed to settle the score with Law. And quite frankly it is getting to the stage where I think he will never be able to beat his adversary. There are only so many times you can try and fail before it affects you psychologically and I think Ino has passed that point.

Azaria: You may be right partner, but now it is time for our opening contest, so let us head to ringside.

(Dark match) Freddy Huggins vs Clark Alexander

A really entertaining match that saw Huggins deal out most of the punishment, although that isn’t to say that Alexander didn’t have his chances. In fact it took Huggins to hang on to the tights during a school boy to earn the victory. As expected, Huggins milked his win for all it was worth.

Rating: 73

It would be fair to say that this match did not go down particularly well with the crowd. Neither man are over with the fans and subsequently the crowd were emotionless. To be fair to the competitors involved they put on a decent match, but alas this was not enough to save the overall experience. The end came when Stone hit a brutal tiger bomb on Fox which led to the pinfall victory.

Rating: 19

A match that had quite a bit of heat due to the surprising TCW debut and victory of Heroic at Malice In Wonderland. Anderson being the grizzled veteran that he is tore into the youngster with relentless forearms. Heroic was able to withstand the punishment and amount some offense of his own. Hurricanranas, and head scissor takedowns dramatically upped the pace of the match. The end came when Heroic took flight from the top rope and hit the Hero attack for the 1,2,3.

Rating:65

After the match finished, Brent Hill ran into the ring and alongside John Anderson began to systematically beat the holy hell out of Mario Heroic. The crowd jeered The Machines loudly who took the time to sarcastically pose for the crowd before continuing their assault. Just when things looked hopeless for Mario Heroic, music began to play through the arena speakers.

A man wearing a large balaclava flew down the entrance ramp and cleared the ring of The Machines with a series of brutal kicks, one of which looked like it knocked Brent Hill out as it crashed into the side of his temple. As The Machines made their way back up the ramp the unknown Good Samaritan helped Heroic to his feet. He then removed the balaclava to reveal himself as being Frankie Perez.

Rating: 24

Azaria: “P-Dawg” Frankie Perez is a part of TCW?

Doakes: It sure looks that way Azaria. I don’t think anybody is happier than Mario Heroic right now. He was getting his ass handed to him. If it were not for Perez, who knows what damage The Machines would have done!

The crowd enjoyed the team work of the TCW Tag Team champions, Scout and Guide who flowed as smooth as they ever had. Unfortunately Texas Buffalo really hampered this match and for all the good the New Wave did, Texas Buffalo counteracted with negativity. The match came to an end when The New Wave hit the Wave of Mutilation on Texas Pete which allowed Scout to make the cover for the pinfall victory.

Rating: 64

TCW International Championship: Joshua Taylor © vs Rick Law

A fairly entertaining championship contest that saw the crowd loudly cheer Joshua Taylor throughout. Law continually looked for methods to cheat but for the most part was cut off at the pass. The end saw a distraction by Ino allow Taylor to nail the Butterfly Suplex on Law for the pin.

Rating: 62

Azaria: Ino has just potentially cost Law the TCW International title!

Doakes: And it doesn’t look like Ino has finished just yet!

After the match had ended, Ino entered the ring and began to bounce Law’s head of the canvas like it was a basketball. After the short scramble that followed, law managed to escape the ring and head backstage. Ino, still fuming in the ring, yelled as Law looked more than a little rattled.

After a relatively poor showing on the part of Benson (although Keith didn’t perform much better) Troy Tornado took advantage of a downed referee to help Keith pick up the victory. The referee coming back around counted Benson’s shoulders to the mat for the three count. After Keith had left the ring, Benson gathered his faculties and realised what had just occurred.

Rating: 53

Benson: TORNADO! I am sick and tired of this crap. You continue to jump me from behind and then run away. We need to end this thing once and for all! Next week, you and me, one on one. No excuses, no whining, NOTHING! After next week this feud is over!

Benson slams the mic viciously to the floor before exiting the ring. Seething all the while.

Rating: 60

Azaria: It looks like Benson has just about had enough

Doakes: But he has played right into the hands of Tornado. This is exactly what he wanted.

Azaria: You may be right. But I wouldn’t want to be in Troy’s shoes when Benson gets him in the ring.

Doakes: We will have to wait until next week to discover the outcome. Speaking of rivalries, now is the time for our main event as Joey Minnesota takes on Tommy Cornell.

These two athletes put on a very entertaining contest to end the show with. Both provided moments that had the crowd on the edge of their seats and this contest turned out to be the diamond in a rather poor show. Cornell having the upper hand went to hit the guilt trip, only for it to be reversed into a small cradle. Unable to escape, Joey Minnesota picked up the victory. As Minnesota left the ring celebrating, Cornell sat in the ring looking dumbfounded. It is not often that Cornell loses in one on one competition and this has to hurt the momentum of The Syndicate.

Rating: 73

Doakes: Did we just see Cornell lose? Wow. Big win for young Joey Minnesota

Azaria: This is exactly what The Freedom Fighters needed in their quest to liquidate the Syndicate.

Doakes: Cornell will not be happy with this. Not happy at all.

Azaria: Well unfortunately that is all we have time for tonight folks. On behalf of Shawn Doakes and myself, goodnight everybody. We will see you next week as TCW Presents Total Wrestling.

Show Rating: 63

Results

Freddy Huggins defeated Clark Alexander (Dark Match)

Edd Stone defeated Flying Jimmy Fox

Mario Heroic defeated John Anderson

The New Wave defeated Texas Buffalo

Joshua Taylor defeated Rick Law to retain the TCW International title

Sam Keith defeated Benny Benson

Joey Minnesota defeated Tommy Cornell

Prediction Results

Joey Minnesota vs Tommy Cornell was Match Of The Night

Lo-Drew: 5/8

Rayelek: 5/8

Timber: 6/8

Round Winner

Congratulations Timber, you have won this round!

Rankings

1st: Davide83 = 3

2nd: Rayelek = 2

3rd: angeldelayette = 1

3rd: Truth = 1

3rd: Teh_Showtime = 1

3rd: Timber = 1

4th: KingofKings

4th: Jaded

4th: jwt13

4th: Woodsmeister

4th: Kainlock

4th: The-619

4th: Liamo

4th: Antithesis

4th: drmacbeth

4th: Establishment

4th: jtnlange

4th: Carparama

4th: Lo-Drew

Hope you guys enjoyed the show

Full Card

Main Event

Ricky Dale Johnson vs Wolf Hawkins

The Syndicate and The Freedom Fighters continue the war. With Joey Minnesota having defeated Tommy Cornell, will RDJ have similar success against Hawkins, or will Wolf avenge his mentor's loss

Rest of the Card

Troy Tornado vs Benny Benson

Having accepted the challenge of Benny Benson, Troy Tornado will be looking to inflict serious injury in this "relaxed rules" encounter. Who will come out of this fued as the ultimate victor?

Eddie Peak vs Danny Fonzarelli

Fonzarelli has managed to enrage Peak with his shock win at Malice In Wonderland. Peak having shelved Vessey looks to put another TCW competitor out of action.

The Latino Wrecking Crew vs The Machines

After coming to the aid of Mario Heroic last week, Frankie Perez has formed an alliance with his Mexican bretherin and look set to take the tag division by storm. The Machines on the other hand want to punish the two TCW newcomers for having the audacity to stand in their way.

Freddy Huggins vs Clark Alexander

After their previous barnstormer of a dark match it is only fair that they get their chance to shine on the main card

Quick Picks

Ricky Dale Johnson vs Wolf Hawkins

Troy Tornado vs Benny Benson

Eddie Peak vs Danny Fonzarelli

The Latino Wrecking Crew vs The Machines

Freddy Huggins vs Clark Alexander

Don't forget, you guys can vote on the Match of The Night. This could make the difference between a prediction round win and a loss. Best of luck and thanks for reading.

Friday of Week 1, February 2010

Inside Cornell's Office

"Sit down Jack"

I sat down tentatively. I always seem to be preparing myself for the worst, but I guess that is the nature of the beast.

"So as you know you have been working here for just over one month now and it is time for your employee evaluation"

Flash backs of 6 months ago at my old stopping ground shot through my mind almost as quickly as they had entered

"I am not going to sugar coat my words. I wasn't best pleased with Malice In Wonderland. Now whether that was down to booking decisions, performances on the night or a combination of the two, I am still uncertain."

Wait........booking decisions??? I was following the storylines that he had given me in the handbook when I had started out! But the mighty Tommy Cornell can never be wrong I guess.....oh wait.......he is my boss.....I should probably just keep my mouth shut and nod.

"Personally I expect an improvement this month. Anything less and your ass will be out of the door quicker than a fat kid chasing an ice cream van"

He was right. He wasn't beating around the bush

"I will mark January down as a learning experience for you and will wipe the slate clean. Go out there and prove that I didn't make a mistake hiring you. Now........get back to work."

As I left the office I couldn't help but feel a little relieved. Although I hadn't expected to get my ass handed to me, I suppose things could of been a lot worse. Now......just need to find somewhere to take out my frustration.

Archived