APW 2010 - It's Hotter Down Under!

1. The Rising Sons vs. The Next Big Things vs. The East Coast Rebels (#1 Contendership for the APW tag team titles)

I think they probably have something up their sleeves, those crafty little...buggers.

2. Inferno vs. Alexander Banks

Job, job, job, job!

3. Triple S vs. Dingo Devine

Just a feeling I got

4. Swoop McCarthy and Harry "The Hitman" Simonson vs. Lanny Williams and Nathan Mackenzie.

Give the challenger and Lanny some momentum as they persue the title!

Btw, another good show. Loving it so far! Also, damn you Jingo!!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. The Rising Sons vs. The Next Big Things vs. The East Coast Rebels (#1 Contendership for the APW tag team titles)

4. Swoop McCarthy and Harry "The Hitman" Simonson vs. Lanny Williams and Nathan Mackenzie.

As an extra thing; there is an extra, unannounced match on the card. If you can guess who it is between, I'll double your prediction score for this week.

Here's a hint - one is a current member of the APW member we've seen before, and the other person involved we have not yet seen in this diary.

I wonder!

You said that The Next Big Things didn´t look too good last month so I go with the another heel team.

Banks gets a win after screwing last month

Triple S gets a win after losing that title match last month

Mackenzie and Williams get some momentum

As an extra thing; there is an extra, unannounced match on the card. If you can guess who it is between, I'll double your prediction score for this week.

Here's a hint - one is a current member of the APW member we've seen before, and the other person involved we have not yet seen in this diary.

I wonder!

Maurice Jackson vs. DDP

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/new/script4.png

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 336pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="448"><col style="width: 48pt;" span="7" width="64"> <tbody><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt; width: 48pt;" width="64" height="20">

</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">

</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Show 1</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Show 2</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Show 3</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Show 4</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Running Total</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Jingo</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">3/4</td> <td class="xl63">4/5</td> <td class="xl63">5/5</td> <td class="xl63">1/4</td> <td class="xl64">13</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Zergon</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">3/5</td> <td class="xl63">4/5</td> <td class="xl63">3/4</td> <td class="xl64">11</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Huntman</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">2/4</td> <td class="xl63">3/5</td> <td class="xl63">4/5</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">9</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Jaded:</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">4/4</td> <td class="xl63">4/5</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">8</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">gingarob</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">2/4</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">4/5</td> <td class="xl63">1/4</td> <td class="xl64">7</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">BHK1978</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">1/5</td> <td class="xl63">4/5</td> <td class="xl63">2/4</td> <td class="xl64">7</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">drmacbeth</td> <td class="xl63">2/4</td> <td class="xl63">2/5</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">2/4</td> <td class="xl64">6</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Purplecowboy</td> <td class="xl63">3/4</td> <td class="xl63">2/5</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">5</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">edenborn</td> <td class="xl63">3/4</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">3</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">hrdcoresidebrns</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">3/5</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">3</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">maskedpropaganda</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">3</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">3</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Kingofkings</td> <td class="xl63">2/4</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">2</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">TheKenwyne</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">1/5</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl63">0</td> <td class="xl64">1</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

As promised, Jingo will receive a creative decision in his private message inbox between now and Tuesday (which is when the next card will go up). If you could respond to it, Jingo, that'd help!

Thank you all very much for your support through these first few events; I will now be resetting the predictions scores so everyone is at 0 again.

Points of discussion:

The Next Big Things - lacking fundamentals and consistency - what to do with them?

Boo Smithson - WHY is his title being put on the line so often?

Nathan Mackenzie - How can he beat Swoop?

I can't believe how much I missed by moving over the weekend! Damn your quick output!

As for your discussion points:

The Next Big Things - The best use I've gotten out of them at this point is to pad the win/loss record of my heel tag teams. I've got a good feud going between The Melbourne Blondes and The Apocalypse, but I can't have them square off every show. So therefore I both use them to job to the Apocalypse, as well as the other heel tag teams so they look decent taking on the Blondes on the off months. Plus, APW's roster in particular seems to become quite miserable if you don't use everybody on every show, so I also job them to random heels on the roster to make sure everybody gets used.

Boo Smithson/APW Australian Title - I'm not sure why he's defending the title so much other than the fact that he's got a good feud going with Forbes' crew. However, the great thing about Boo is that you pretty much know what you're getting out of him every time you put him in a match, which for APW can be kind of a crapshoot. Boo nearly always pumps out D range matches every time he's out there, which will help the overall show ratings a bit, which is more than you can say for most of the rest of the roster.

Nathan McKenzie - One of the great things about the feud with Swoop and Big Mac is the fact that Mac starts out with much higher popularity than Swoop in the beginning. This does two things - it helps the ratings of Swoop's promos when Mac is rated on overness, and it also means that Mac can beat Swoop fairly cleanly at any point without doing any damage to Swoop (besides momentum). For storyline purposes, I had some interference with Nigel Darling ordering Big Daddy Horne to attack during the match to cost Swoop the title. This branches things off into a quick semi-feud between BDH, Darling, and Swoop while still not stopping the Mac feud entirely. So that's my take.

Sorry for the quick output! It'll slow down a little now over the next two weeks, but I won't be dropping it.

Here's the website!

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/new/website5.png

There WILL be a 15 second namedrop this week!

Quick Picks (all matches are CAGE matches):

Halloween Knight vs. Jimmy Stratosphere

Boo Smithson © vs. Triple S (APW Australian Title)

Debonair David Peterson vs. Harry "The Hitman" Simonson vs. Lanny Williams

The Melbourne Blondes © vs. The East Coast Rebels (APW Tag Team titles)

Swoop McCarthy © vs. Nathan Mackenzie (APW Commonwealth Title)

As promised!

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/new/script5.png

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 255pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="339"><col style="width: 48pt;" span="2" width="64"> <col style="width: 89pt;" width="118"> <col style="width: 70pt;" width="93"> <tbody><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt; width: 48pt;" width="64" height="20">

</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">

</td> <td style="width: 89pt;" width="118">Caged Showdown</td> <td style="width: 70pt;" width="93">Running Total</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Jingo</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">4/5</td> <td class="xl63">4</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">hrdcoresidebrns</td> <td class="xl63">3/5</td> <td class="xl63">3</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Purplecowboy </td> <td class="xl63">2/5</td> <td class="xl63">2</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td style="height: 15pt;" height="20">Zergon</td> <td>

</td> <td class="xl63">2/5</td> <td class="xl63">2</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height: 15pt;" height="20">TheKenwyne</td> <td class="xl63">2/5</td> <td class="xl63">2</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Thanks for the predictions, will look at the schedule and see when the next creative decision will be made.

Points of Discussion:

~ Swoop and Ceri - can a couple survive in this world?

~ Killdozer - Thanks to Jingo for making the creative decision. What's next for the Commonwealth champion?

~ The Blondes - just when will the APW pull the trigger on their singles pushes?

Predictions card tomorrow!

script5.txt

http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/new/website6.png

Quick Picks:

Quarter Final 1: Rick Stantz vs. Debonair David Peterson

Quarter Final 2: Halloween Knight vs. Nicky Gilbert

Quarter Final 3: Boo Smithson vs. Lanny Williams

Quarter Final 4: Swoop McCarthy vs. Triple S

Semi Final 1: Winner of Q1 vs. Q2

Semi Final 2: Winner of Q3 vs. Q4

Super 8 Cup Final: Winner of S1 vs. S2.

Co-Main Event: Killdozer vs. Harry Simonson

Feel free to predict as many matches as you like - if you guess the winner correctly I'll give you two bonus points!

Quick Picks:

Semi Final 1: Debonair David Peterson vs Halloween Knight

Semi Final 2: Lanny Williams vs Swoop McCarthy

Super 8 Cup Final: Halloween Knight vs Lanny Williams

Co-Main Event: Nathan Mackenzie vs. Harry Simonson

Semi Final 1: Debonair David Peterson vs. Halloween Knight

Semi Final 2: Lanny Williams vs. Swoop McCarthy

Super 8 Cup Final: Winner of Debonair David Peterson vs. Swoop McCarthy.

Co-Main Event: Nathan Mackenzie vs. Harry Simonson

Archived