Board Effort Towards a Fictional Universe...

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently Eskimo is politically incorrect. From what I understand Inuit is the name these days.

well thats daz3d's fault as that is what the look is called in the program.and there is enough politics in wrestling as it is.so Eskimo Joe it is Inuit Joe dont have the same ring to it anway as BHK states.

well thats daz3d's fault as that is what the look is called in the program.and there is enough politics in wrestling as it is.so Eskimo Joe it is Inuit Joe dont have the same ring to it anway as BHK states.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care one way or the other. I just wasn't sure if people were aware of it. :)

You need BOTH an Inuit Joe AND an Eskimo Joe so they can team up as...

Wait for it...

Wait for it....

EI Joe

You need BOTH an Inuit Joe AND an Eskimo Joe so they can team up as...

Wait for it...

Wait for it....

EI Joe

There ARE two other eskimo tribes: Aleut and Yupik :p

Maybe one should be Yupik Joe and create a third for the Aleut? :D

Eskimos or Esquimaux are indigenous peoples who have traditionally inhabited the circumpolar region from eastern Siberia (Russia), across Alaska (United States), Canada, and Greenland.

There are two main groups that are referred to as Eskimo: Yupik and Inuit. A third group, the Aleut, is related. The Yupik language dialects and cultures in Alaska and eastern Siberia have evolved in place beginning with the original (pre-Dorset) Eskimo culture that developed in Alaska. Approximately 4,000 years ago the Unangam (also known as Aleut) culture became distinctly separate, and evolved into a non-Eskimo culture. Approximately 1,500-2,000 years ago, apparently in Northwestern Alaska, two other distinct variations appeared. The Inuit language branch became distinct and in only several hundred years spread across northern Alaska, Canada and into Greenland. At about the same time, the Thule Technology also developed in northwestern Alaska and very quickly spread over the entire area occupied by Eskimo people, though it was not necessarily adopted by all of them.

Ok, Aluit are no longer Eskimo.

Very funny addition:

Eskimo Joe is an Australian rock band formed in East Fremantle, Western Australia in 1997. The band consists of vocalist and bassist Kavyen Temperley, drummer and guitarist Joel Quartermain and guitarist Stuart MacLeod.

here is the communityverse's first inuit/eskimo tag team.....

EI Joe

Inuit Joe

http://img17.imagevenue.com/loc155/th_86833_InuitJoe_122_155lo.jpg

Eskimo Joe

http://img125.imagevenue.com/loc228/th_86834_EskimoJoe_122_228lo.jpg

See now I am going to have to change the bio for Eskimo Joe. After all he was supposed to be the only Eskimo/Yupik/Inuit/Aleut in professional wrestling.

Eskimo Joe is an Australian rock band formed in East Fremantle, Western Australia in 1997. The band consists of vocalist and bassist Kavyen Temperley, drummer and guitarist Joel Quartermain and guitarist Stuart MacLeod.

I saw that yesterday when I was looking up the name Eskimo Joe.:D

See now I am going to have to change the bio for Eskimo Joe. After all he was supposed to be the only Eskimo/Yupik/Inuit/Aleut in professional wrestling.

I saw that yesterday when I was looking up the name Eskimo Joe.:D

damn sorry dude better not make anymore

See now I am going to have to change the bio for Eskimo Joe. After all he was supposed to be the only Eskimo/Yupik/Inuit/Aleut in professional wrestling. :D

Kinda like my two Aborigine characters. Not many of them in RL so there won't be more than two or three from me for the data.

Archived