Dynasty protocol/ethics

I want to start a diary and have never done one before. What is the proper protocol for using alts in the TEW alt thread or renders from the renders thread?

Are they fair game for everyone to use as long as it doesnt say "for display purposes only?"

I dont want to step on any toes and piss anyone off. I also have no idea what forum to put this in. I figured there should probably be a dynasty thread for diary noobs like myself anyway.

Any things that people frown upon? I dont plan on making a lot of roster changes or anything like that.

Alts from the Alternate Pictures thread are pretty much fair game. However any renders from the render thread aren't. From what I've heard, a lot of the people who post renders don't have a problem with you using them in a private game or even a dynasty. You just need to ask them first.

Obviously I can't speak for anyone else but I'd be more than happy to see some of the alts I've done in a diary. I would imagine that most people would agree, the alt thread is after all a public thread.

EDIT: If you were really worried about it you could always PM the person who created the alt.

The general rule of thumb is that if you want to use it in a private game, no one really cares. If you want to use it in a GDS diary, no one really minds. If you want to use it in a mod, ask our permissions first. Anyone wishing to use any of the renders outside of the GDS Community must PM or E-Mail the individual renderers first.

I've always said that all my alts are free for everyone to use in every way they want to use them, I really don't care. Same goes for skins, graphics, anything. :) Renders are a different subject as the programs cost so much aswell all the stuff people can buy into the programs, etc.. And it takes a lot longer time I'd imagine.

Archived