Canadian Golden Combat: Reforming its legacy

Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro after the latest edition of CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Terry Smith: "Hello once again ladies and gentleman I am joined again by the one and only Chris Kaladaro the head booker of Canadian Golden Combat. Chris what were your initial thoughts on this show after the rating for it came in?”

Chris: “Well obviously it went over pretty well considering the fact that we pulled a B rating which is hard to do yeah we have pulled some B- ratings in the past but I would probably have to say that this past show was probably our best yet.”

Terry Smith: “Was there any one specific thing that really put it over the top in your mind?”

Chris: “No I wouldn’t say that there was one specific thing but the segments both at the beginning of the show and at the end definitely pulled it to that, and I think that the main event had something to do with it as well.”

Terry Smith: “Now if I could I would like to start off by talking a little about the opening segment between Ricky DeColt and Eddie Chandler. What were your overall thoughts on this segment and did you give them any instruction before they went out and did it?”

Chris: “Well I thought that it was great and to answer your question I didn’t tell them to do anything specifically I just told them to go out there and do what they do best and that is what they did.”

Terry Smith: “Now onto the first match between Nate Johnson and Jack DeColt, do you think that even though fans know he is leaving they were surprised that he is still winning matches knowing now that he is leaving for NOTBPW.”

Chris: “Well I found out after the show that he was going to NOTBPW and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit hurt but its his decision and he has a family to take care of so whatever he decides to do is fine with me. As far as the match goes I don’t think that Jack wining even considering the circumstances should be of any surprise to anyone.”

Terry Smith: “Moving on to the second match between Ed Monton and Joey Poison for the CGC Canadian Championship. Do you think that Ed is getting sick of losing to Joey and do you think that Joey has become complacent with becoming the CGC Canadian Champion?”

Chris: “Ed didn’t have a problem with it because he has had his run at the top so he is fine with just that if he doesn’t get anything else upon his retirement then he is still happy. As far as Joey goes I don’t think he has come complacent in any way because if he was he wouldn’t be putting on the matches he has been and the belt would have been taken off of him along time ago if that was the case.”

Terry Smith: “Onto the next match between Trent Shaffer and Alex DeColt, do you think that a lot of people were surprised when Trent Shaffer pulled out the win?”

Chris: “No I don’t normally I would say that but he is the number one contender so I am willing to sacrifice anyone to him at this point to get him more recognition. He is the number one contender and wouldn’t look to strong going into a world title match against the champion if he wasn’t built up properly and that is exactly what I am trying to do. I talked to Alex before the match and made sure that he was okay with doing that and he had absolutely no objections what so ever so we went with it.”

Terry Smith: “Finally what were your thoughts on the main event, how do you think it went and how do you think Ricky DeColt reacted to losing to the World Champion?”

Chris: “I thought the main event was done very well, and I thought Ricky was just fine with it again I talked to him before the show took place and he was fine with doing what he had to do for the business. After all it’s the business that is important and one single loss isn’t going to kill someone especially a DeColt.”

Terry Smith: “Finally what are your thoughts on the attacks on Eddie Chandler being portrayed by Trent Shaffer, do you think that Eddie has lost morale having being beaten down every week and what will be the ultimate end of this feud.”

Chris Kaladaro: “I think they are a great way at getting Trent Shaffer over before the match they are scheduled to have at the next pay per view. I know for a fact that Eddie is fine with it otherwise he would have come to me and said something about it but again he is one of those guys who understands the business side of things and what is and what isn’t good for the business.”

Terry Smith: “Alright Chris well that is all the time we have for this weeks edition of the show so until next time I want to thank Chris Kaladaro for appearing on the show today and I will see you all ringside at the matches.”

OOC: Feedback is always encouraged on these segments so if you have anything to say about them whether it be good or bad please let me know. The preview for the next show will be posted sometime on Thursday so that people can make predictions if they would like to. So like I said any feedback on these segments whether good or bad is appreciated.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack DeColt has signed an exclusive contract extension with Canadian Golden Combat

CGC Owner Alex DeColt has personally extended the contract of Jack DeColt

Canadian Golden Combat Presents The Battle Beyond

Thursday Week 3, August 2010

Hello once again CGC Wrestling fans Terry Smith once again in the studio to talk about some of the things that you can expect to see at CGC’s next pay per view offering entitled The Battle Beyond. The event is scheduled to take place live from Victoria Royal Athletic Park in British Columbia in front of approximately 9,000 fans.

The first match of the night will be between Dan DaLay and Bobby Thomas, can Bobby somehow defeat Dan or will Dan pull out the win like many our saying that he will.

The newly resigned Jack DeColt will be in action as he takes on one half of the Soldiers Of Fortune in Fate. Will Jack be able to win the match proving exactly why he was resigned or will Fate get the win causing a downward spiral for Jack.

In the third match of the night the second half of the Soldiers Of Fortune Destiny will take on Ed Monton. Will Destiny be able to defeat Ed or does Ed already have this one in the bag.

In a match for the CGC Canadian Championship match Shane Nelson challenges Joey Poison, these two have met before in the very first week since Chris took over with Joey winning. Will Joey be able to defeat Shane once again or will we see a new Canadian Champion in Shane Nelson.

Whippy The Clown will take on Nate Johnson will Whippy be able to win the match and build some momentum since he hasn’t been seen in a while or will Nate Johnson make short work of the Clown.

In the co-main event, Zeus Maxmillion and Stevie Grayson set out to take on the CGC World Tag Team Champions Alex and Ricky DeColt. Will Zeus and Stevie be able to regain the titles that they once had or will Alex and Ricky prove exactly why they are the tag team champions.

Finally in the match that everyone has been waiting for, Trent Shaffer gets his final shot at Eddie Chandler and the CGC World Heavyweight Championship Belt. Will Trent finally be able to win the “Big One” or will Eddie Chandler once again make another successful defense of his World Heavyweight Championship.

All this and so much more will happen live this Friday night from Victoria Royal Athletic Park in British Columbia Canada select seats are still available but they are guaranteed to go fast so if you want to join us live this Friday don’t hesitate to get your tickets. Until then this has been Terry Smith saying so long and I will see you all ringside at the matches.

Dan DaLay vs. Bobby Thomas

Jack DeColt vs. Fate

Destiny vs. Ed Monton

Shane Nelson vs. Joey Poison ©

CGC Canadian Championship Match

Whippy The Clown vs. Nate Johnson

Zeus Maxmillion and Stevie Grayson vs. Alex and Ricky DeColt ©

CGC World Tag Team Championship Match

Trent Shaffer vs. Eddie Chandler ©

CGC World Heavyweight Championship Match

OOC: Predictions are welcome as always, the results will be posted sometime on Sunday when I get them written so like I always say, Get Predicting!

Jack DeColt vs. Fate

Destiny vs. Ed Monton

This goes against my better judgement but Ed Monton has such an awesome name.

Zeus Maxmillion and Stevie Grayson vs. Alex and Ricky DeColt ©CGC World Tag Team Championship Match

Elizabeth! Elizabeth! This is the big one! (Sorry had to make a Sanford and Son reference there.)

Jack DeColt vs. Fate

Destiny vs. Ed Monton

Shane Nelson vs. Joey Poison ©CGC Canadian Championship Match

Trent Shaffer vs. Eddie Chandler ©CGC World Heavyweight Championship Match

Sorry Trent - still don't like you

Jack DeColt vs. Fate

Destiny vs. Ed Monton

Jack DeColt vs. Fate

Destiny vs. Ed Monton

Zeus Maxmillion and Stevie Grayson vs. Alex and Ricky DeColt ©CGC World Tag Team Championship Match

Trent Shaffer vs. Eddie Chandler ©CGC World Heavyweight Championship Match

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">CGC The Battle Beyond</span></span></span></strong><p> Friday, Week 3, August 2010</p><p> Victoria Royal Athletic Park (British Columbia) – 9,323</p><p> Shown Live on Pay Per View</p><p> </p><p> To start off the show the man who is the number one contender for the CGC World Heavyweight Championship, which is currently held by Eddie Chandler, makes his way down to the ring. He goes over to the ring announcer and grabs a microphone and then turns around and walks up the ring steps and gets in the ring though the top and middle ropes. He goes to the center of the ring and extends the microphone to his mouth before beginning to speak.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Trent Shaffer:</strong> <em>“Tonight ladies and gentleman is the night you have all been waiting for it is the night that you will no longer have to put up with Eddie Chandler as your CGC World Champion. I am going to defeat him tonight and become the new champion giving all of you people a champion that you can all finally look up to.”</em></p><p> </p><p> .:Fans Cheer:.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Trent Shaffer:</strong> <em>“Thanks I appreciate all of your support and I hope that after I win the title here tonight that you will continue to support me during my Title Reign here in CGC.”</em></p><p> </p><p> With that said the current champion Eddie Chandler makes his way out onto the entrance ramp, he makes his way down the entrance ramp and gets into the ring with Trent Shaffer. He pulls a microphone out of his jacket pocket and begins to speak.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Eddie Chandler:</strong> <em>“Fans don’t get your hopes up I am the current champion and that is the way that it is going to stay, I mean come on can you honestly see this idiot as your champion. You Trent are not a role model and nobody looks up to you and that is why tonight you are going to lose the match. Oh and I forgot to tell you just in case you do lose this match then you can never get another shot at me as long as I am the champion. So to put it in terms you can understand when I beat you, you will have no more opportunities at the title until I lose it and I don’t see that happening soon.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Trent Shaffer:</strong> <em>“Whatever, oh I forgot to tell you another thing the Elite will not be able to interfere in this match if they do then you will get disqualified and I will become the new CGC World Heavyweight Champion.”</em></p><p> </p><p> [Eddie hears the news and goes absolutely nuts in the ring.]</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Eddie Chandler:</strong> <em>“Who’s behind this ruling that’s not fair.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Trent Shaffer:</strong> <em>“I talked to Chris before the show and told him that its something that he would probably have to deal with and he didn’t want to take any risks when it came to this match so he decided to make that ruling. So if you have any problems then take it up with him.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Eddie Chandler:</strong> <em>“That’s fine I guess its something I will have to deal with hell it won’t even matter whether or not they are allowed at ringside or not because tonight I am going to defeat you regardless of what the stipulations are. You are a nobody and you don’t deserve to be the champion I am the only man who holds that right as of right now.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Trent Shaffer:</strong> <em>“Yeah for now but after the match that title is coming with me and it will be a long time before you will see it again.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Eddie Chandler:</strong> <em>“Whatever, Trent I will see you in the ring tonight and we will see just who the better man is.”</em></p><p> </p><p> With that said Eddie Chandler gets out of the ring and makes his way back to the locker room to prepare for his match. Trent is left in the ring with a big smile on his face, as he knows he has gotten under the skin of the champion and already has an advantage in tonight’s main event.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> Adrian Garcia helped Chandler during this segment. The performance of Eddie Chandler was good. The Chandler vs. Shaffer storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.</p><p> Segment Rating: B+</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>"Well there you have it folks truly the last words said between both Eddie Chandler and Trent Shaffer before tonight’s huge main event."</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Adrian Garcia:</strong> <em>"I wish this match was now I absolutely cannot wait."</em></p><p> </p><p> Terry Smith:<em> "Well Adrian hold your horses because we have a lot more to get to so without further ado lets get down to the ring four our opening contest."</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match 1</span></strong></p><p> Dan DaLay vs. Bobby Thomas</p><p> </p><p> In a match that had some good action and average heat, Dan DaLay defeated Bobby Thomas in 8:13 by pinfall with a DaLay Down.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Dan DaLay is improving in Performance skills.</p><p> Match Rating: D+</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match 2</span></strong></p><p> Jack DeColt vs. Fate</p><p> </p><p> In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Jack DeColt defeated Fate in 8:08 by submission with an End Of Days.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> Jack DeColt was really off his game tonight. Hotstuff Marie did some good work at ringside. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Fate is improving in Performance skills.</p><p> Match Rating: D+</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match 3</span></strong></p><p> Destiny vs. Ed Monton</p><p> </p><p> In a match that had some good action and average heat, Ed Monton defeated Destiny in 7:47 by pinfall with a Fallaway Slam.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> Destiny and Ed Monton have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. Destiny is improving in Performance skills. Ed Monton is improving in Technical skills.</p><p> Match Rating: C+</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match 4</span></strong></p><p> Shane Nelson vs. Joey Poison ©</p><p> <em>CGC Canadian Championship Match</em></p><p> </p><p> In a match that had some good action and average heat, Joey Poison defeated Shane Nelson in 8:03 by pinfall with an Antidote Web. Joey Poison makes defense number 23 of his CGC Canadian title.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Joey Poison came out of the match looking good.</p><p> Match Rating: D+</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match 5</span></strong></p><p> Whippy The Clown vs. Nate Johnson</p><p> </p><p> In a match that had some good action and average heat, Nate Johnson defeated Whippy The Clown in 7:36 by pinfall with a Natural Order.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> The colour commentary gave the match a boost.</p><p> Match Rating: C</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match 6</span></strong></p><p> Stevie Grayson and Zeus Maxmillion vs. Alex and Ricky DeColt ©</p><p> <em>CGC World Tag Team Championship Match</em></p><p> </p><p> In a match that had some good action and average heat, Alex & Ricky DeColt defeated Stevie Grayson and Zeus Maxmillion in 8:25 when Alex DeColt defeated Stevie Grayson by pinfall with a DeColt Driver. Alex & Ricky DeColt make defense number 1 of their CGC World Tag Team titles.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> The Decolts vs. Zeus and Stevie storyline has continued with this match. Ricky DeColt is improving in Rumble skills.</p><p> </p><p> Eddie Chandler is in the ring, about to compete. Before the match starts, Jack DeColt comes down to the ringside area, apparently scouting his future opponent. Chandler does not look happy about it, and appears somewhat distracted too.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> The performance of Eddie Chandler was fantastic.</p><p> Segment Rating: C-</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main Event – Match 7</span></strong></p><p> Trent Shaffer vs. Eddie Chandler ©</p><p> <em>CGC World Heavyweight Championship Match</em></p><p> </p><p> In a superb bout that had great wrestling and a sizzling crowd, Trent Shaffer defeated Eddie Chandler in 27:46 by pinfall with a Heart Burn. Trent Shaffer wins the CGC World title.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> Trent Shaffer is starting to become a little stale in his current role. The performance of Eddie Chandler stood out as being good. The Chandler vs. Shaffer storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd.</p><p> Match Rating: B</p><p> </p><p> At the end of the match Jack DeColt rushes into the ring from where he was sitting while Trent is celebrating and Trent turns to him and is ready to square off with Jack in the center of the ring. Jack motions to Trent that he is free to leave and while he looks puzzled Trent takes advantage of the opportunity he was given by Jack. Jack then goes over to the fallen Eddie Chandler and proceeds to beat him down leaving him in worse shape then he was after the match had ended. Jack then calls for a microphone and begins to speak.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Jack:</strong> <em>“Eddie, you think it was Chris who made the ruling about your match tonight, well I got news for you boy it wasn’t him…It was me!”</em></p><p> </p><p> .:Fans Cheer:.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Jack:</strong> <em>“So if you have any problems with it then take it up with me I will see you in the future chump.”</em></p><p> </p><p> With that said Jack gets up and drops the microphone right on the fallen Chandler and makes his way back to his locker room as the show goes off of the air for the evening.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> Jack DeColt was very underwhelming.</p><p> Segment Rating: C+</p><p> </p><p> Final Show Rating: B-</p><p> Notes: This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">CGC The Battle Beyond</span></span></span></strong></p><p> </p><p> Canadian Golden Combat held CGC The Battle Beyond last night in Victoria Royal Athletic Park, and drew 9,323 fans. The feedback has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.</p></div></blockquote></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Prediction Key</span></strong><p> BHK1978: 7 of 7 correct for a perfect score!</p><p> Lo-Drew: 6 of 7 correct.</p><p> eayragt: 5 of 7 correct.</p><p> Dragonmack: 5 of 7 correct.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> OOC: Thanks to everyone who took the time to make predictions for this show. BHK1978 was the only one to predict all seven matches correct and he was the only one to correctly predict the title change in the main event as Trent Shaffer is now the new World Champion so congratulations on that. The next edition of Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro will be posted sometime on Tuesday so until then if you would like to comment on the show feel free to do so.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro after CGC’s The Battle Beyond</span></strong><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Hello once again CGC Wrestling fans Terry Smith in the studio once again I am being joined by Chris Kaladaro to talk about what went down at CGC’s latest pay per view titled The Battle Beyond. Chris what were your initial thoughts on the show?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“Well Terry with all things considered I am really happy with how it turned out and the final rating it got.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Well I am interested to know what you thought of the interaction between Trent Shaffer and Eddie Chandler?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“I thought it was great, Trent Shaffer did exactly what he should have done and Eddie did a great job with his great reactions and things of that nature.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“What did you think of Trent’s performance in the segment?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“I thought he did very well he is really learning how to hold his own on the microphone and that is a key ingredient to being a great champion. Not only do you have to wrestle great matches but you have to be willing to entertain the fans on all levels and he can do that.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Moving on to the first match of the night between Dan DaLay and Bobby Thomas, what were your initial thoughts in putting these two together. Do you think that their match was the right match to have open the show now that you can look back on it?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“I thought the match itself was good but as far as it opening the show I wish I would have put it somewhere else it’s a great match but not a good show opener.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“The Soldiers Of Fortune were both in singles matches on that night the first being Fate taking on Jack DeColt. What did you think of this match and do you think that now that Jack is back that people are going to become jealous over the new treatment he will get.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“It may seem like right now he is getting treated well but that is only because I want him to know that he made a great choice when he resigned with us and not NOTBPW. He is not going to get any new treatment because he shouldn’t he will be treated the same way he was before. As for the match he should have won this match Fate is a tag team wrestler and is not used to singles wrestling the way Jack is.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Alright moving right along, what did you think of the third match on the card between Destiny and Ed Monton?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“Well you know how I said earlier that Dan DaLay and Bobby Thomas shouldn’t have been the opening match, well I believe that this match should have been the one to open the show. Although it may have not have had a real impact or difference in the rating the show got it still should have been the opener as opposed to third match of the show. As far as the match went I thought it went well, Ed has been around for quite some time so he knows how to get good matches out of anyone he wrestles and that is exactly what he did with Destiny.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Do you think the right man won this match?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“Without question I don’t even have to debate that, Ed Monton is a former World Champion and although he is older now he still has a lot of talent and potential.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Moving on what did you think of the Joey Poison vs. Shane Nelson match for the CGC Canadian Championship belt.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“I thought the match could have been better but we really didn’t have anybody for Joey to wrestle at this show which is sad because we should have. The fact is that when all the main matches were already booked we realized that Joey Poison wasn’t in any of the matches so we had to do something. That makes Joey seem unimportant but that happens and it’s not like its happening every week. Joey being the class act that he is took the match with open arms and did a great job in it and as a result made defense number twenty-three of his Canadian Title. I will say this right now and that is that before Joey Poison loses the belt he will make seven more defenses of it and have thirty title defenses under his belt before losing it. However things may change so who knows what is in store for him or the CGC Canadian Title.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>"Match five was between Whippy The Clown and Nate Johnson do you think a lot of people wrote Whippy off as being the winner of this match from the start of it.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“It’s a possibility but you have to remember that in this business especially in this company anyone can beat anyone on any given day. There are upsets all the time not saying that if Whippy had won it would have been an upset but you get my drift.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“What did you think of the match?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“I thought it was good, it got a better rating then some of the other matches earlier on the card did so all in all I thought the match went down pretty well for two midcard guys.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Onto the co-main event for the CGC World Tag Team Titles between The DeColts and Zeus and Stevie. Do you think that there was any chance that Zeus and Stevie could have regained their tag team titles taking them away from The DeColts.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“To be honest no and for two reasons one the DeColts won the titles not to long ago and two they are a way better team then Zeus and Stevie are. Zeus and Stevie aren’t bad by any means but they are just not up to the level of the DeColts right now.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Now before the main event started as Eddie Chandler was in the ring Jack DeColt came down to the ringside area and sat in a chair reserved for him to watch the match. Do you think that this threw Eddies game plan off a bit I mean dealing with Trent Shaffer without that is a hard enough task already.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“Well yes I do believe that it did through his game off considerably normally Eddie can get through any obstacle but with Trent in the ring, Jack at ringside, and the news he received earlier that The Elite were banned from ringside it definitely through off his game.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Now onto the main event for the CGC World Title the challenger Trent Shaffer took on the champion Eddie Chandler. After all the build up to this match do you think it delivered like it was supposed to?"</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“Yes I couldn’t have been more proud of both competitors in this match they went at it for almost thirty minutes laying their hearts on the line for the one title that matters in this business the CGC World Title.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“What did you think of the match itself?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“I thought it was amazing, on paper it looked great but I never in my wildest dreams imagined that it would have been even half as good as it was. In the end we saw the ultimate payoff as Trent Shaffer was standing in the ring with the CGC World Heavyweight Championship around his waist. There isn’t a better feeling in the world than becoming a World Champion for the very first time not many can say that but now Trent has the honor of saying that he did it.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Well Trent had another surprise coming as Jack DeColt who was watching the match rushed the ring when Trent was celebrating. Trent turned around and was ready to square off with him as Jack gave him a free pass to leave and then Jack picked the bones of Eddie Chandler. Then Jack revealed to Eddie that it was Jack and not you who made the ruling for the match. What did you think of how this turned out?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“I thought it was brilliantly done, when I look back on my run as head booker of CGC not that its ending any time soon but when it does I will look back at the end of that show and smile every time. Nobody saw that coming except for Jack and myself. I thought it was a great way to end such a great show.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Well ladies and gentleman that does it for this edition of the sit down interview with Chris Kaladaro so until next time this is Terry Smith saying so long and I will see you ringside at the matches.”</em></p></div></blockquote></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> OOC: Some of the matches that will take place on the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling will be posted sometime on Thursday. Until then read up on this column and feel free to comment if you would like to do so.</p>

Thanks for the feedback Drew, its probably my favoriote thing I have done in both my dynasties (NOTBPW in 08 and CGC in 2010) building a guy like Trent Shaffer up and then finally having him win the world title. Unfortunately though for me he is still considered an upper mid carder and now that Jack DeColt was resigned (which believe me I am happy about) he will probably be stuck in that spot for a while. Hopefully with enough title defenses though he will get to the main event spot he rightfully deserves but only time will tell.

Edit: Just did the autopush thing and he is now considered a main eventer, then when I went to look at Franchise Players he is ranked number five in there. So mission one has been accomplished he's a main eventer now my next goal is to get him to at least number two if not number one on the franchise players list.

Canadian Golden Combat Presents Title Bout Wrestling

Saturday Week 3, August 2010

Hello ladies and gentleman Terry Smith to talk about some of the things that you can expect to see at this week’s edition of Title Bout Wrestling. This weeks show will take place from the Abbotsford Recreation Complex in British Columbia Canada and here are some of the things that you can expect to see should you decide to attend.

The first match of the evening features the owner of Canadian Golden Combat Alex DeColt taking on Dan DaLay. Will Alex be able to win the match in DeColt fashion or will Dan DaLay pull out the win to regain some momentum for his Elite stable.

The second match of the night is for the CGC Canadian Championship as Bobby Thomas challenges the CGC Canadian Champion Joey Poison. Will Bobby Thomas be the one to finally derail Joey or will Joey find a way to defeat Bobby just like he has all the others.

In the co-main event, the man who lost the CGC World Title at CGC The Battle Beyond Eddie Chandler will take on the man who beat him up after he lost it Jack DeColt. These two have had some classic matches in the past is one more on the way and who will come out on top?

Finally in the main event Ricky DeColt finds himself as the first challenger to Trent Shaffers newly won CGC World Heavyweight Championship. Will Trent’s title reign be short lived with Ricky winning the title or will Trent Shaffer be able to defeat Ricky DeColt and make defense number one of his World Championship.

All this and so much more will take place live this Sunday night from the Abbotsford Recreation Complex in British Columbia Canada. Tickets are still on sale so get them fast as they won’t last long, until then this has been Terry Smith saying so long and I will see you ringside at the matches.

Those matches again are…

Dan DaLay vs. Alex DeColt

Bobby Thomas vs. Joey Poison ©

Eddie Chandler vs. Jack DeColt

Ricky DeColt vs. Trent Shaffer ©

OOC: Predictions as always are welcome, the results will be posted sometime on Sunday after they have been written. So get predicting!

This is a risky pick but I think Eddie wins here as a measure of revenge.

Yes I know never pick against a DeColt but come on Trent just won the title and I do not see him losing here.

Just Bumping this so that more people will see this and have a chance to predict. Only two people have predicted so far (BHK1978 and Lo-Drew) So thanks to the two of you who already sent yours in. If you would still like to make predictions for this show you have until Sunday until the results are posted to do so.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Sunday, Week 3, August 2010

Abbotsford Recreation Complex (British Columbia) – 2,000

Shown Live on Maple Leaf Sports

[The show starts off as the cameras fade up into the Abbotsford Recreation Complex in British Columbia Canada in front of 2,000 screaming fans. Chris Kaladaro makes his way out of the entrance ramp to the ring with the CGC World Heavyweight Championship in his right hand. He gets in the ring though the top and middle ropes and then goes over to the corner of the ring to call for a microphone, which he takes in his left hand. He goes to the center of the ring and begins to speak.]

Chris Kaladaro: “Tonight is a very special night you see just forty eight hours ago we saw the crowning of a new World Heavyweight Champion right here in Canadian Golden Combat. That man is non other than Trent Shaffer, Trent will you please come out here at this time.”

[With that said Trent Shaffer makes his way down to the ring wearing a suit, he walks up the ring steps and then gets into the ring though the top and middle ropes. He then goes over to where Chris Kaladaro is in the ring as Chris continues to talk.]

Chris Kaladaro: “This past Friday Night at The Battle Beyond was not only a special night for the company as a whole but also for this man Trent Shaffer. Trent you finally won the CGC World Heavyweight Championship and here is the belt to prove it.”

[Chris hands over the CGC World Heavyweight Championship to Trent Shaffer who smirks and slings it over his right shoulder.]

Chris Kaladaro: “Trent do you have anything you would like to say the time is yours.”

[With that said Chris Kaladaro gives the microphone to Trent Shaffer and then immediately leaves the ring giving Trent Shaffer center stage much like he deserves. Trent waits for a while before saying anything just taking in the moment around him and the fact that he finally did what he had set out to do.]

Trent Shaffer: “Wow, I am speechless first of all I would like to thank all of the fans here in Canadian Golden Combat because without you guys this would have not been possible. I know it seems cliché for me to say that but it is true, you are the people who pay their hard earned money to come and pack the arenas to see us do what we do each and every week and I can’t thank you enough for that. This is the first time I have ever won the CGC World Heavyweight Championship and hell is the first time I have won a world title period but I plan on being a fighting champion and I promise to never back down from a fight. For the first time in this company since Chris Kaladaro took over as head booker you people have a champion who is not a DeColt and is not part of the Elite. I am a mans man and I stand on my own. I plan to hold this title as long as I can and bring prestige to this very belt.”

.:Fans Cheer:.

Trent Shaffer: “Now that I am the champion I understand that I am a marked man, hell you have all three DeColts that will probably come after me at some point or the other. You have the former CGC World Champion Eddie Chandler who will probably want a rematch and even his Elite partner Dan DaLay. I also can’t forget the man who holds the CGC Canadian Championship Joey Poison a man who has added more prestige to that belt than anyone ever has. Well I am here to tell you all that anyone who wants a shot I will defend it against them with honor but its not all up to me Chris Kaladaro is the booker so its mostly up to him. So once again I would just like to thank the fans for making this all possible and I would also like to thank Chris Kaladaro for making the match happen. That’s all I have to say you can all carry on with the show.”

[Trent Shaffer’s Music starts blaring over the sound system in the arena as he goes over to the ring announcer and hands him back the microphone that he was using. Trent then gets out of the ring though the top and middle ropes and makes his way back to his locker room so that tonight’s matches can get underway.]

Road Agent Notes

This segment lifted the crowd.

Segment Rating: A

Match 1

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Alex DeColt defeated Dan DaLay in 7:49 by pinfall with a DeColt Driver.

Road Agent Notes

Dan DaLay is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: C-

Match 2

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Joey Poison defeated Bobby Thomas in 7:42 by pinfall with an Antidote Web. Joey Poison makes defense number 24 of his CGC Canadian title.

Road Agent Notes

Bobby Thomas is starting to become a little stale in his current role. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Match Rating: C

Match 3

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Eddie Chandler defeated Jack DeColt in 17:43 by submission with a Fabulous Stretch.

Road Agent Notes

Hotstuff Marie did some good work at ringside. This match lifted the crowd. Eddie Chandler is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: B-

Main Event – Match 4

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Trent Shaffer defeated Ricky DeColt in 18:11 by pinfall with a Heart Burn. Trent Shaffer makes defense number 1 of his CGC World title.

Match Rating: C+

At the end of the match as Trent Shaffer is celebrating his first successful defense of his newly won World Heavyweight Championship, Jack DeColt rushes to the ring attacking Trent. Jack gets Trent down and then starts viciously stomping on Trent’s head before long Trent is no longer responding and Jack realizes that he did what he wanted and leaves Trent alone. Jack raises his hands high in the air to receive a slew of boos as the show goes off the air for the evening.

Road Agent Notes

Jack DeColt performed poorly in this segment. Trent Shaffer came across well. The J DeColt vs. Trent Shaffer storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Segment Rating: B-

Final Show Rating: C+

Notes: This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Canadian Golden Combat held CGC Title Bout Wrestling last night in Abbotsford Recreation Complex, and drew 2,000 fans. The feedback from viewers has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling draws a 0.83 rating on Maple Leaf Sports.

Prediction Key

BHK1978: 4 of 4 correct for a perfect score!

Lo-Drew: 3 of 4 correct.

Dragonmack: 2 of 4 correct.

OOC: The next edition of Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro which will discuss what happened at this show will be posted sometime on Tuesday. Until then read up on the results from this show and feel free to comment if you would like to do so.

Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro after the latest edition of CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Terry Smith: “Hello once again CGC Wrestling fans Terry Smith here in studio joined by Chris Kaladaro the head booker of Canadian Golden Combat. Chris as always it is great to have you with us, what were your initial thoughts of the show that took place this past Sunday night?”

Chris Kaladaro: “As a whole I thought the show was great the segments as well as the matches more than exceeded my expectations this week.”

Terry Smith: “If we could start with the first segment which involved you presenting the new CGC World Heavyweight Champion Trent Shaffer with his World Title that he has worked so hard to earn. What did you think of this segment?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well obviously I was in it so it was naturally good…just kidding it wasn’t about me and being a booker never is. That moment was all about Trent Shaffer a man who worked his way up to becoming the World Heavyweight Champion and has gained a lot of respect by his peers and fans in the process. I thought the segment was great the crowd seemed into it and Trent did an outstanding job on the microphone.”

Terry Smith: “Moving onto the first match of the night Dan DaLay took on Alex DeColt, what did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “To be honest I didn’t think that it was anything special, Alex DeColt was able to defeat Dan in just under eight minutes with the DeColt driver and that is what it was nothing more nothing less.”

Terry Smith: “Hopefully you will have more to say about this next match which was for the CGC Canadian Championship as Bobby Thomas challenged the champion Joey Poison. What did you think of this match and how big of a deal do you think it will be when Joey Poison does finally lose the strap?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought that the match was good obviously it wasn’t the first time these two had met each other one on one inside of the ring but I would say it was just about as good as any other match that they have had against each other. The match ended much like I expected with Joey Poison winning the match retaining the title and looking great while doing it. As far as if I think Joey losing it will be a big deal, the answer is yeah I honestly do think it will be a big deal. The man has held the title for a long time and has made twenty-four successful defenses of the belt so to say that it wouldn’t be special would be an understatement.”

Terry Smith: “Alright moving on once again, the third match of the night was between two guys who are no stranger to the other when Eddie Chandler took on Jack DeColt. What did you think of this match and do you think that this was the one match on the card that was truly unpredictable?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well I would just like to say that hopefully all of the matches on the card are unpredictable in some way shape or form. As for the match I thought it was done very well, these two have feuded in the past for the CGC World Heavyweight Championship when Jack had the title and Eddie was the man who took the title away from Jack DeColt. Now that both men are without the CGC World Title it will be interesting to see how their feud unfolds.”

Terry Smith: “Finally what were your thoughts on the main event between Ricky DeColt and the new CGC World Champion Trent Shaffer. This match would have either marked the shortest title reign in CGC history or be the first successful title defense of Trent Shaffer. Obviously with the event taking place this past Sunday we know the answer how do you think the match went and what is to come for Trent Shaffer?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well I thought the match went very well Ricky DeColt proved to be a very good competitor even if he lost the match and Trent proved why he should be the CGC World Heavyweight Champion. With the attack after the match with Ricky on Trent by Jack DeColt it would pretty much be clear that Jack DeColt wants his world heavyweight championship back.”

Terry Smith: “Which brings me to a question that wasn’t originally on my list of questions, has Jack DeColt completely lost his mind? I mean he pretty much cost Eddie Chandler the CGC World Title which is why they are feuding at the moment, but why in the world would he go and attack the champion Trent Shaffer after Trent’s match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well I don’t think that Jack has lost his mind in any way, I just think that Jack is a hungry competitor who wants to make everyone aware that he is still a big part of Canadian Golden Combat. Jack was the CGC World Heavyweight Champion when I first came into CGC and I think that ever since he lost the belt he has been trying to do whatever he can to get it back. The question of whether Jack will get it back will be answered down the line though as I am sure that he will find himself in the number one contender position soon enough.”

Terry Smith: “Well Chris that is all the time we have for this week but be sure to catch Canadian Golden Combat as we invade an area near you. Until next time he’s Chris Kaladaro I am Terry Smith so long and I will see you all ringside at the matches.”

OOC: The matches for The next edition of Title Bout Wrestling will be posted sometime on Thursday. So until then read up on this column and feel free to comment if you would like to do so.

The CGC contract of Dan DaLay is up for renewal, however he will be free to leave after his contract has expired as renewing his contract would be in violation of an owner goal.

Canadian Golden Combat Presents Title Bout Wrestling

Saturday Week 4, August 2010

Hello ladies and gentleman Terry Smith here to talk about some of the matches that you can expect to see this coming week on Title Bout Wrestling. This weeks show will take place live from the King Edward Multiplex located in British Columbia Canada and here are some of the things that you can expect to see.

The first match of the night features two thirds of the DeColt family trio in Alex and Ricky DeColt taking on two thirds of the Elite in Eddie Chandler and Nate Johnson. Will Alex and Ricky be able to pull out the win or will The Elite team of Nate and Eddie get a win and start rebuilding their stable?

The third match of the night features Ed Monton challenging CGC Canadian Champion Joey Poison for the Canadian Championship belt. Will Ed be the one to finally defeat Joey Poison or will Joey rack up another win and title defense in this outing.

In the co-main event, Shane Nelson will take on the challenge of Jack DeColt, will Shane pull out the upset or will Jack DeColt prove to be too much for Shane to overcome?

Finally in the main event, one half of the former CGC World Tag Team Champions The Soldiers Of Fortune Destiny takes on the current CGC World Heavyweight Champion in Trent Shaffer. Will Destiny be able to shock the world and defeat Trent Shaffer despite the fact that he is primarily a tag team wrestler or will Trent Shaffer win the match and make another successful title defense.

All that and so much more will be answered live this Sunday night as Canadian Golden Combat presents Title Bout Wrestling from the King Edward Multiplex in British Columbia Canada. Until then this has been Terry Smith saying so long and I will see you all at the matches.

Those matches again are…

Eddie Chandler and Nate Johnson vs. Alex and Ricky DeColt ©

Ed Monton vs. Joey Poison ©

Shane Nelson vs. Jack DeColt

Destiny vs. Trent Shaffer ©

OOC: as always predictions are welcome, the results will be posted sometime on Sunday after they have been written so get predicting!

Eddie Chandler and Nate Johnson vs. Alex and Ricky DeColt ©CGC World Tag Team Championship Match

Thanks goes out to Emark for your predictions, glad to see someone that hasn't made predictions in the past make them. There is still time to predict (all day Saturday and Sunday up until the results are posted) so if you still would like to make predictions now is the time to do so.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Sunday, Week 4, August 2010

King Edward Multiplex (British Columbia) – 4,531

Shown Live on Maple Leaf Sports

To start off the show live from the King Edward Multiplex in British Columbia Alex and Ricky DeColt make their way down to the ring. They each go over and take a microphone and return to the center of the ring as their music cuts and Alex is the first one to speak.

Alex DeColt: “I think I speak for my brother and me when I say that we want the Elite right here tonight, our new goal in this company is to finish the two of you off and that starts tonight. We are sick and tired of you guys running your mouth night in and night out and that is why it will all end tonight."

With that said Eddie Chandler and Nate Johnson make their way onto the entrance ramp and then proceed to go to the ring. Eddie has a microphone and it looks like he will be the one speaking for his group.

Eddie Chandler: “You know I won’t lie because we have a similar goal and that is to rid the company of the DeColts. However you saying that it will all end tonight is just wishful thinking on your part first things first we will take your CGC World Tag Team Titles and then we will put you both in the hospital. I would enjoy your walk to the ring tonight boys because after the match is all over you won’t be so lucky as to be able to walk out on your own power.”

Alex DeColt: “Oh is that the way you think it is going to be?”

Eddie Chandler: “I don’t think that’s how its gonna be Alex I know that’s how its gonna be and you can do two things shut up and like it. That’s all I really have to say so what do you say we get this match going right now?”

Alex DeColt: “You’re on.”

With that said a referee rushes to the ring as it looks like we have an impromptu match that is about to start.

Road Agent Notes

Eddie Chandler is starting to become a little stale in his current role. Adrian Garcia helped Chandler during this segment. Adrian Garcia helped Johnson during this segment. The Decolts vs. Zeus and Stevie storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Segment Rating: B-

Match 1

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Alex & Ricky DeColt defeated Eddie Chandler and Nate Johnson in 12:55 when Alex DeColt defeated Nate Johnson by pinfall with a DeColt Driver. Alex & Ricky DeColt make defense number 2 of their CGC World Tag Team titles.

Road Agent Notes

The Decolts vs. Zeus and Stevie storyline has continued with this match. Eddie Chandler is improving in Performance skills.

Match 2

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Joey Poison defeated Ed Monton in 12:50 by pinfall with an Antidote Web. Joey Poison makes defense number 25 of his CGC Canadian title.

Road Agent Notes

Ed Monton was really off his game tonight. Joey Poison and Ed Monton just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The Monton vs. Poison storyline has continued with this match. Ed Monton is improving in Technical skills.

Match Rating: D+

Match 3

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Jack DeColt defeated Shane Nelson in 13:18 by submission with an End Of Days.

Road Agent Notes

The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Match Rating: C

Main Event – Match 4

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Trent Shaffer defeated Destiny in 13:06 by pinfall with a Heart Burn. Trent Shaffer makes defense number 2 of his CGC World title.

Jack DeColt and Trent Shaffer are backstage; an argument breaks out, and they start brawling with each other. A host of road agents and staff have to pull them apart.

Road Agent Notes

Jack DeColt performed poorly in this segment. The performance of Trent Shaffer was good. The J DeColt vs. Trent Shaffer storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Segment Rating: B

Final Show Rating: C+

Notes: I think this show might have actually hurt our popularity overall.

Last Night’s CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Canadian Golden Combat held CGC Title Bout Wrestling last night in King Edward Multiplex, and drew 4,531 fans. The feedback from viewers has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling draws a 0.77 rating on Maple Leaf Sports.

Prediction Key

BHK1978: 4 of 4 correct!

Dragonmack: 4 of 4 correct!

Emark: 3 of 4 correct.

OOC: First I would like to thank Emark for taking time to make predictions as this was the first time he predicted for this dynasty. Also the next edition of Chris Kaladaro's monthly review will be posted sometime tomorow so until then read up on the results and feel free to comment if you would like to do so.

Archived