Canadian Golden Combat: Reforming its legacy

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">CGC Title Bout Wrestling</span></span></span></strong><p> Sunday, Week 1, November 2010</p><p> Abbotsford Recreation Complex (British Columbia) – 2,000</p><p> Shown Live on Maple Leaf Sports</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>To start off this weeks show live from the Abbotsford Recreation Complex in British Columbia Canada in front of 2,000 people, Trent Shaffer waists no time making his way down to the ring, he takes a microphone and raises it to his lips before beginning to speak.<p> </p><p> <strong>Trent Shaffer:</strong> <em>“At Survival Of The Fittest I will defeat Jack DeColt in a last man standing match but tonight I will warm myself up by defeating another DeColt when I face Ricky in the ring here tonight. Hell maybe after that I will talk Chris Kaladaro into giving me Alex DeColt so I can defeat him as well. Lets face it nobody can beat me you might think that Joey Poison is an unbeatable champion with all the defenses he has had as the Canadian Champion but I guarantee you I will double that as World Champion.”</em></p><p> </p><p> [With that said Ricky makes his way onto the entrance ramp in his street clothes he has a microphone in hand and begins to speak.]</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Ricky DeColt:</strong> <em>“Wow Trent that is a huge statement but you have only nine defenses under your belt so far and Joey has thirty three defenses of his Canadian Title so you have a long way to go before even getting there. Plus its not going to happen because if I don’t defeat you here tonight, Jack DeColt will defeat you at Survival Of The Fittest. The day you lose that strap the whole locker room is going to celebrate your loss. Lets face it this company as a whole is suffering attendance is down and in somewhat of a hole, not because of us or the roster but because of who the champion is, hell I bet Joey garners more interest then you do. Enough of that though I can trash you all day if I want but these people are only here for two hours so I won’t waist anymore of their time. Tonight we face off one on one in the middle of that ring and like I said if I don’t win the match tonight I will at least have done my job in softening you up for Jack at Survival Of The Fittest.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Trent Shaffer:</strong> <em>“Ricky do yourself a favor and stop lying to yourself, me and these fans because we all know that what you are saying is going to happen isn’t really going to happen. I told you that when I won the title that I was going to be the champion for a long time and I am still saying it now I am going to be the champion for a long time. Its just like you DeColts to try and take the spotlight away from a guy like me who deserves all the spotlight he has but tonight will be different because I will shut you up and make you realize that me being champion is good for the company. So until then I will see you tonight until then I have to get ready to defeat you in our match tonight.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Ricky DeColt:</strong> <em>“You keep telling yourself that because it’s not going to happen.”</em></p><p> </p><p> [With that said Ricky DeColt leaves the top of the entrance ramp to go back to the locker room area and Trent Shaffer drops the microphone in the center of the ring. He then slings his belt across his left shoulder and gets out of the ring to go back to the backstage area.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> This segment lifted the crowd. Trent Shaffer is developing better performance skills.</p><p> Segment Rating: B</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match 1</span></strong><p> Jack DeColt vs. Ed Monton</p><p> </p><p> In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Jack DeColt defeated Ed Monton in 8:18 by submission with an End Of Days.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Ed Monton is improving in Technical skills.</p><p> Match Rating: C</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match 2</span></strong><p> Thrill Seeker vs. Nate Johnson</p><p> </p><p> In a match that had some good action and average heat, Nate Johnson defeated Thrill Seeker in 7:48 by pinfall with a Natural Order.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> Nate Johnson was really off his game tonight. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.</p><p> Match Rating: D+</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match 3</span></strong><p> Ted Brady vs. Shane Nelson</p><p> </p><p> In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Shane Nelson defeated Ted Brady in 8:02 by pinfall with a Clash Of Styles.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> Ted Brady was visibly tiring toward the end. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.</p><p> Match Rating: D</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match 4</span></strong><p> Eddie Chandler vs. Alex DeColt</p><p> </p><p> In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Eddie Chandler defeated Alex DeColt in 13:06 by submission with a Fabulous Stretch.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> Eddie Chandler is improving in Performance skills.</p><p> Match Rating: C</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main Event - Match 5</span></strong><p> Ricky DeColt vs. Trent Shaffer ©</p><p> <em>CGC World Heavyweight Championship Match</em></p><p> </p><p> In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Trent Shaffer defeated Ricky DeColt in 12:37 by pinfall with a Heart Burn. Trent Shaffer makes defense number 9 of his CGC World title.</p><p> Match Rating: C</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Moments before Title Bout Wrestling is scheduled to go off of the air Nate Johnson attacks Joey Poison backstage, and leaves him down and out.<p> Segment Rating: C-</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Final Show Rating: C</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">Last Night’s CGC Title Bout Wrestling</span></span></span></strong><p> </p><p> Canadian Golden Combat held CGC Title Bout Wrestling last night in Abbotsford Recreation Complex, and drew 2,000 fans. The feedback from viewers has been that the show was good, although some found it underwhelming.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Prediction Key</span></strong><p> BHK1978: 5 of 5 predictions correct!</p><p> 20Legend: 4 of 5 predictions correct.</p><p> Dragomack: 5 of 5 predictions correct!</p></div></blockquote></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> OOC: Thanks to the three of you for predictiing on this show, the only one who didn't get a perfect score was 20Legend because a draw didn't happen in Eddie Chandler vs. Alex DeColt but I like your logic behind your decision. The next sitdown interview between Terry Smith and Chris Kaladaro will be posted sometime on Tuesday and finally sorry that this was posted so late.</p>

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool show. It would be awesome if Shaffer could keep the belt longer than Poison. Although I'll be quick to admit that I like Shaffer a lot more than Poison.

It depends on how his reign is going right now he has only nine defenses to his credit. If he becomes Stale as a champion I will have no choice but to take it off of him sooner than I want to.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro after The latest edition of Title Bout Wrestling.</span></strong><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Hello ladies and gentleman and welcome to another edition of the show just two days removed off of the heels of a great show by Canadian Golden Combat. I am here with Chris Kaladaro to talk to him about some of the things that happened at the last show. Chris let me first start off by welcoming you to the show and if I could get your initial reaction on how this past Sundays show went?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“Sure Terry and thanks as always for having me you do a great job with these and your job in general. I thought the show as a whole was very well done, of course the one thing missing was Joey Poison as he didn’t defend his CGC Canadian Title but he needed the time off in order to recuperate from his broken jaw.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Will he be ready by Survival Of The Fittest?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“Yes a match between Joey and Nate Johnson has already been booked for the show and it will be for the CGC Canadian Championship.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Will we see him on Title Bout Wrestling before then?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“No unfortunately he won’t be able to make the shows prior to his match with Nate, I mean yes he will be in attendance but he will not have a match.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Well if I may start off by asking you about the first segment of the show which was of course Trent Shaffer going back and forth on the microphone with Ricky DeColt his opponent for the night. How do you think this segment went?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“Both guys I thought did a great job in getting the fans interested in their match later on in the night with their back and forth arguing amongst one another.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Well I want to talk about the first match of the night which was between current number one contender to Trent Shaffers CGC World Heavyweight Championship Jack DeColt and Ed Monton. How do you think this match went and do you think that the match did its job in making Jack look like a strong opponent for Shaffer headed into Survival Of The Fittest?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“I thought the match was good, Jack won the match which a lot of people thought he would so yes I do believe that he will look strong going into his title match with Trent at the pay per view.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“What about Ed Monton?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“Well despite his age Ed has proven that he can still hang with the best just like he did in his match with Jack.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Moving onto the next match between Thrill Seeker a guy we don’t often see on Title Bout Wrestling as he took on the number one contender to the CGC Canadian Championship Nate Johnson. How do you think that this match went?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“Well everyone knows what happened meaning they know who won the match, Nate Johnson did a great job in not only winning the match but bringing out the best in Thrill Seeker. Yes some people might not consider Thrill Seeker a guy who should be going up against the likes of Nate Johnson but I am all for opportunity. If Thrill Seeker would have been able to defeat Nate then there is no question what it would do for his career.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Onto the third match of the night between Ted Brady and Shane Nelson what did you think of this match?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“I didn’t think much of it to be honest it was just there, there wasn’t really anything special about it other than the fact that Shane Nelson got the win and even that is not that special.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Now onto the co-main event of the evening between Alex DeColt and Eddie Chandler, these two have met in the ring before but how did this match differ from the rest?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“I wouldn’t say it differed from their previous encounters too much, fact is these two will always put on a great match against each other when given the chance and that is what they did. Eddie Chandler got the win over Alex yet again which begs the question can Alex beat Eddie Chandler well Alex has only beaten Eddie once in the five times these two have met so he can but he has just only done so on one occasion.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Finally in the main event, Ricky DeColt met the World Heavyweight Champion Trent Shaffer with the chance to derail him before Jack DeColt has the chance to. What did you think of this match and how do you think it made Trent look going into his match with Jack at Survival Of The Fittest?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“Well I thought the match was very well done, deep down though I think that Jack was probably very happy that Trent won and that Ricky didn’t take the title away from him before he could do so himself. It will be interesting to see how Ricky and Jack get along in the next few weeks knowing that by winning the CGC World Title that Ricky could have taken Jack’s opportunity away from him.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Well we touched on this earlier of whether or not Joey Poison would be seen on Title Bout Wrestling before Survival Of The Fittest. He was but not the way he wanted to be as just moments before the show went off of the air for the night, we saw Nate Johnson attack Joey in the backstage area. How do you think this came across and do you think that Nate was trying to further injure Joey before their match so that he can have an easier time with a vulnerable champion?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“Well there is no question of what Nate was trying to do, more than send a message to Joey before the pay per view an attack like that really sets the stage for their match at Survival Of The Fittest. Do I think that Nate was dong this to try and further injure Joey, no I don’t because if Joey’s injury were to become more serious then Joey wouldn’t be able to wrestle and Nate wouldn’t have a chance to take the Canadian Title off of him.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Well it seems that whoever does take the CGC Canadian Championship from Joey Poison will be beating a formidable champion and whoever does it will have the bragging rights of being the guy that says he did it. This question wasn’t on my list of questions I was originally going to ask but do you think that Joey’s reign has made the Canadian Championship seem more important than the World Championship?”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris Kaladaro:</strong> <em>“That is a very good question and while Joey has definitely did a great job in making you think that I would have to say no, the World Championship is far more prestigious of a championship than the Canadian Championship. I would say though that The World Championship will always be our number one championship because of its name and the Canadian Championship will always play second fiddle to the World Title even though that title is prestigious in its own right.”</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Terry Smith:</strong> <em>“Well Chris that is all the time we have for this edition of the show so I would like to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to do this. Also in closing I would just like to say to be sure to join me this Thursday as I talk about some of the matches you should expect to see at the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling. Until then this has been Terry Smith saying so long everybody.”</em></p></div></blockquote></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> OOC: I am always curious to see what people think of these so if you have anything to say whether or not it is good or bad I would appreciate your feedback. Otherwise some of the matches that are scheduled to take place at the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling will be posted on Thursday so until then read up on this column and feel free to comment if you would like to do so.</p>

Canadian Golden Combat Presents Title Bout Wrestling

Saturday Week 2, November 2010

Hello ladies and gentleman and welcome to another exciting edition of the show where we talk about some of the things that you can expect to see on the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling. I am of course Terry Smith and without any further hesitation lets jump right into it.

The first match of the night will feature former CGC World Heavyweight Champions going at it, as Eddie Chandler will take on Ed Monton. Who will win this match, will it be Eddie Chandler the man who held the championship more recently or will it be Ed Monton who last held the title in 1993.

In the second match of the night number one contender for Trent Shaffers CGC Canadian Championship Jack DeColt finds himself outnumbered in a handicap match. He will take on Destiny and Fate of the Soldiers Of Fortune.

In the third match of the night, two guys who haven’t always seen eye to eye with each other Chris Kaladaro and Alex DeColt will finally do battle in a one on one match. Who will win this match the owner of CGC Alex DeColt or the head booker of the same company Chris Kaladaro? Some would say that this is the battle that everyone in attendance can’t wait to see.

Finally in the main event, current number one contender to Joey Poison’s CGC Canadian Championship Nate Johnson takes on current CGC World Heavyweight Champion Trent Shaffer. What will happen in this match will Nate be able to win the match and gain more momentum going into this match with Joey Poison at the PPV or will Trent Shaffer win the match and gain the same momentum going into his match with Jack DeColt.

All this and so much more will be answered live this Sunday night as Canadian Golden Combat presents Title Bout Wrestling live from the Abbotsford Recreation Complex In British Columbia Canada. Don’t miss your chance to see the best that CGC has to offer get your tickets now, as they will be sold out very soon.

Those matches again are…

Eddie Chandler vs. Ed Monton

Jack DeColt vs. Destiny and Fate

Alex DeColt vs. Chris Kaladaro

Nate Johnson vs. Trent Shaffer

OOC: Predictions as always are welcome, the results will be posted sometime on Sunday so get predicting!

I think he can beat these two old farts.

Chris hardly ever shows up, but when he does you usually have him lose.

Why not? Seems like he could be given momentum.

I'm with BHK but in the fact that I think he'll find a way to beat them somehow.

Normally, I don't go with user characters but got a feeling it'll set up more for a ppv showdown.

No contest or draw, for some reason I see either Chandler and/or Poison getting involved in the match.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Sunday, Week 2, November 2010

Abbotsford Recreation Complex (British Columbia) – 2,000

Shown Live on Maple Leaf Sports

[To start off the show live from the Abbotsford Recreation Complex in British Columbia Canada, Alex DeColt comes down to the ring. He climbs into the ring through the top and middle ropes before going over to one of the corners and calling for a microphone. He grabs the microphone from the ring announcer and then goes to the center of the ring as his music fades out and he begins to speak.]

Alex DeColt: “Chris Kaladaro this has gone on long enough we have waged war in my fathers company long enough and its time we put an end to it right here tonight in this very ring.”

[With that said Chris Kaladaro makes his way out of the entranceway and onto the stage in the arena he has a microphone in hand and waists no time jumping right into things.]

Chris Kaladaro: “Alex, you are right we have waged war from day one when I got here, but I find it funny that you call it your dads company because of the way you stole it out from under him. You and your two conniving brothers worked out the master plan to steal this company away from George and you know it.”

Alex DeColt: “Don’t you dare bring my father into this he know nows that what we did was for the bettering of the business and now he is fine with it so don’t you dare bring up old issues.”

Chris Kaladaro: “I don’t think it is really that old I mean I have only been here for ten months and it was ten months ago that you decided to tell your father that he was no longer needed and that you three punks were taking over. You three should really have respect for your elders especially if that elder is your father. Hell if it wasn’t for him you wouldn’t even be alive you punk.”

Alex DeColt: “You know what Chris why don’t we settle things in the ring here tonight, me and you one on one finally in this very ring. After the match is over and everything is done hopefully you will not bring up this lie again.”

Chris Kaladaro: “You really want to do that then fine I will see you in the middle of that ring tonight but I won’t be fighting for me I will be fighting for the honor of your father something you should be doing.”

Alex DeColt: “That’s fine you want to fight for a washed up has been then go ahead because I always fight for me and me only. Enough of this though I will see you in the ring you punk.”

Chris Kaladaro: “I can’t wait.”

[With that said Chris Kaladaro leaves the entrance ramp and shortly after Alex makes his way from the ring back to the backstage area as the show goes to a commercial break.]

Road Agent Notes

This segment lifted the crowd. Chris Kaladaro is learning to show more charisma.

Match Rating: B-

Match 1

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Eddie Chandler defeated Ed Monton in 7:53 by submission with a Fabulous Stretch.

Road Agent Notes

Eddie Chandler is improving in Performance skills. Ed Monton is improving in Technical skills. Ed Monton is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: C-

Match 2

Jack DeColt vs. The Soldiers Of Fortune

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Jack DeColt defeated The Soldiers Of Fortune in 7:55 when Jack DeColt defeated Destiny by submission with an End Of Days.

Road Agent Notes

Fate is starting to become a little stale in his current role. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Destiny is improving in Technical skills. Destiny is improving in Performance skills. Fate is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: C

Match 3

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Alex DeColt defeated Chris Kaladaro in 17:45 by pinfall with a DeColt Driver.

Road Agent Notes

Alex DeColt and Chris Kaladaro don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. Chris Kaladaro is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: B-

Before the next match is set to take place, Eddie Chandler is shown sitting in the crowd watching the show. He holds up one finger to the camera, then two, then three, and finally four before the camera cuts away from him.

Segment Rating: C+

Main Event – Match 4

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Trent Shaffer defeated Nate Johnson in 18:28 by disqualification.

Road Agent Notes

The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Trent Shaffer is improving in Technical skills.

Match Rating: D+

Nate Johnson attacks Joey Poison backstage leaving him down and out as the show goes off of the air for the evening.

Segment Rating: C

Final Show Rating: C-

Notes: I think this show might have actually hurt our popularity overall.

Last Night’s CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Canadian Golden Combat held CGC Title Bout Wrestling last night in Abbotsford Recreation Complex, and drew 2,000 fans. The feedback from viewers has been decent although hardly spectacular.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling draws a 0.40 rating on Maple Leaf Sports.

Prediction Key:

BHK1978: 4 of 4 correct!

Emark: 4 of 4 correct!

ThriceP86: 1 of 4 correct.

OOC Thanks to everyone who made predictions for this show, the next edition of Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro will be posted sometime on Tuesday. Until then read up on the results and feel free to comment on anything in the results or the dynasty as a whole.

Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro after The latest edition of Title Bout Wrestling.

Terry Smith: “Hello once again ladies and gentleman and welcome to another edition of the segment where I sit down with the head booker of CGC Chris Kaladaro and get some insight into his thoughts. Chris its great to have you here once again.”

Chris Kaladaro: “It’s always a pleasure.”

Terry Smith: “If I may start off by asking you what you thought of the first segment, ironically it involved yourself and Alex DeColt. What did you think of Alex DeColt’s performance as well as your own performance in this segment?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well let me first start off by saying that I really don’t like talking about myself too much however I will say that Alex DeColt whether I like him or not is a top guy not only in CGC but in this industry. Yeah we have had our disagreements in the past but when it boils down to it he is one of the best this business has to offer. I knew going into that segment that he was going to do everything he could to make it memorable and don’t get me wrong I did the same I just think that Alex did a better job than I did in doing so.”

Terry Smith: “Now onto the first match of the night, between Ed Monton and Eddie Chandler. Let’s be serious for a minute do you think that Ed Monton really had a chance against Eddie Chandler?”

Chris Kaladaro: “What do I always say, though Ed might be a bit past his prime he has every tool available to him to defeat a guy like Eddie Chandler he just wasn’t able to do so this past Sunday. Anyone can defeat anyone on any given night in this business and that’s a fact that will never change.”

Terry Smith: “Now onto the next match which involved the current number one contender to Trent Shaffer’s World Heavyweight Championship Jack DeColt and the two time former CGC World Tag Team Champions Destiny and Fate. What did you think of this match and do you think that this was a good way to build up Jack DeColt for his match with Trent at Survival Of The Fittest?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought the match was decent, its always good when your number one contender is able to defeat any form of former champion so by him defeating two former champions in one match I think that says something.”

Terry Smith: “Moving onto the third match a match that you should be an expert in seeing as how you were in it, you went up against the owner of Canadian Golden Combat Alex DeColt. What did you think of both of your performances in this match and how could you have done things differently to have a different outcome?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought both of our performances were great but I would have to say that his was a bit better only because he won the match. There is nothing I could have done differently to sway the outcome of the match in my favor because regardless of what I did Alex DeColt came in determined to win that match. Whether I won or lost I have satisfaction to say that I was in the best match of the night.”

Terry Smith: “Now this is something that I wanted to get your thoughts on, before the main event we saw Eddie Chandler sitting in the crowd he held up one finger than two then three and finally four. What do you think this means for both Eddie Chandler and the entire future of Canadian Golden Combat?”

Chris Kaladaro: “That I cannot tell you, I don’t have the ability of crawling into the heads of my wrestlers and telling you what they are thinking. We will all find out sooner or later what Eddie meant by his gestures this past week.”

Terry Smith: “Onto the next match of the evening which was the main event between current number one contender to the CGC Canadian Championship Nate Johnson as he took on current CGC World Heavyweight Champion Trent Shaffer in a non title match. What did you think of this match and the outcome?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well to be honest I didn’t think the match was very good, it probably would have been better if it weren’t for the finish but we can’t go back and redo it. The only thing that this match succeeds in doing is keeping both guys looking strong going into their respective matches at Survival Of The Fittest.”

Terry Smith: “Now moments after the main event concluded and after both men were backstage for quite some time, Nate Johnson took it upon himself to once again attack Joey Poison. What did you think of this attack and what does it tell you?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well there is nothing to really think about it, Nate is doing whatever he thinks is necessary to win the CGC Canadian Championship and that is what it tells me that he will do anything to win that belt come Survival Of The Fittest.”

Terry Smith: “Well that is all the time we have for this edition of the show so I would like to thank Chris Kaladaro for being here. Survival Of The Fittest is live this Friday on Pay Per View and if I were you I wouldn’t miss it join me this Thursday as I talk about some of the matches that you can expect to see that you don’t already know about. Until then this has been Terry Smith saying so long everybody.”

OOC: Some of the matches that are set to take place at Survival Of The Fittest will be posted on Thursday until then read up on this column and feel free to comment if you would like to do so.

Canadian Golden Combat Presents Survival Of The Fittest

Thursday Week 3, November 2010

Hello ladies and gentleman and welcome to another edition of the preview show I am of course Terry Smith, this week we will talk about all of the matches that you can expect to see this Friday Night at Survival Of The Fittest live on pay per view.

The event will take place live at the King Edward Multiplex in British Columbia Canada, the first match of the night will be a handicap match as Ed Monton takes on both members of the Soldiers Of Fortune Destiny and Fate. Will Ed somehow be able to defeat the Soldiers or will the Soldiers make short work out of their one-man threat.

On a night where all three of CGC’s titles are on the line the first title match of the night will be for the tag team championships as current champions Alex and Ricky DeColt step into the ring with the Dirty White Boys. Will the champions be able to retain like only the DeColts can or will the Dirty White Boys have something up their sleeves as they look for the upset victory to become the new champions.

In the third match of the night Whippy The Clown will take on Stevie Grayson its rare for these two to get a pay per view match. You have to be certain that these two will go all out to ensure that they are on more pay per views in the future. Who will come out the victor will it be Whippy The Clown or Stevie Grayson?

In the fourth match of the night, Shane Nelson takes on CGC newcomer Philippe LaGrenier, Philippe has only a few matches under his belt but has yet to have a match on pay per view. Will the pressure of a pay per view match be too much for Philippe to handle causing him to lose the match or will Philippe be able to score an upset win over Shane Nelson?

In the fifth match of the night, The CGC Canadian Championship will be at stake as the challenger Nate Johnson who looks to bring some gold into the Elite takes on current champion Joey Poison. Will Joey win the match and keep his phenomenal run as Canadian Champion in tact or will Nate Johnson win the match and the title?

In the co-main event, Eddie Chandler takes on CGC’s head booker Chris Kaladaro, will Eddie be able to defeat Chris or will Chris halt Eddie’s momentum with a win?

Finally in the main event for the CGC World Heavyweight Championship, challenger Jack DeColt goes one on one with the current Champion Trent Shaffer in a last man standing match. Which of these men will be able to keep their opponent down for the ten count and will we see a new champion?

All this and so much more will be answered as Canadian Golden Combat presents Survival Of The Fittest this Friday night live and only on pay per view. Select seats are still available to join us live but if you can’t be there in person be sure to order the event live on pay per view.

Until then this has been Terry Smith saying so long and I will see you all ringside at the matches!

Those matches again are…

Ed Monton vs. Destiny and Fate

The Dirty White Boys (Grease Hogg and Lead Belly) vs. Alex and Ricky DeColt ©

CGC World Tag Team Championship

Whippy The Clown vs. Stevie Grayson

Shane Nelson vs. Philippe LaGrenier

Nate Johnson vs. Joey Poison ©

CGC Canadian Championship

Eddie Chandler vs. Chris Kaladaro

Jack DeColt vs. Trent Shaffer ©

Last Man Standing Match

CGC World Heavyweight Championship

OOC: First of all sorry that this got posted so late I didn't get a chance to write it earlier like I wanted to. Predictions are welcome as always the results will be posted sometime on Sunday after they have been written so like I always say Get Predicting!

All good things must come to an end and I think that is the case right here.

Last Man Standing Match

Very tough call here. I think Jack might win this one, that being said I shall stick with Trent.

The Dirty White Boys (Grease Hogg and Lead Belly) vs. Alex and Ricky DeColt ©CGC World Tag Team Championship

Nate Johnson vs. Joey Poison ©CGC Canadian Championship

Last Man Standing Match

Last Man Standing Match

Last Man Standing Match

CGC Survival Of The Fittest

Friday, Week 3, November 2010

King Edward Multiplex (British Columbia) – 5,000

Shown Live on Pay Per View

[To start off the show live in the King Edward Multiplex In British Columbia Trent Shaffer makes his way to the ring to a course of boos from the 5,000 fans in attendance. Trent gets into the ring and calls for a microphone before going to the center of the ring and extending the microphone to his mouth before beginning to speak.]

Trent Shaffer: “Tonight I go into the last man standing match with Jack DeColt as the champion and just as I went in I guarantee you all that I will come out just as I came in as champion. Jack tonight I don’t think you have what it takes to beat me I don’t think you have what it takes to be able to keep me down for a ten count. This match will test your skills as well as how bad you want the World Heavyweight Championship from me. Tonight we have one of the most brutal matches in Canadian Golden Combat History and no matter who wins this match the two of us will never be the same again.”

[With that said Jack DeColt makes his way out onto the entrance ramp he makes his way down to the ring and takes a microphone from the time keeper. He goes over to face off with Trent Shaffer but makes sure not to make contact with him before the match he raises the microphone to his mouth and begins to speak.]

Jack DeColt: “You are right this match will change the two of us not for the better but it will change one of us for the better and that would be the winner of this match tonight. Whoever wins this match will not only be the last man standing but will also be the World Heavyweight Champion. You will either retain your title or I will win the title from you but either way one of us will walk out of this match and the other will be carted out on a stretcher. You fans think that you have seen brutality you haven’t seen anything until you have seen this match.”

Trent Shaffer: “Those are some big words from you Jack but I am surprised you haven’t said who you think will win this match. I will go ahead and say it I believe I will win this match tonight and you will be left laying.”

Jack DeColt: “You know what Trent I normally will say if I think I am going to win a match but tonight I don’t want to say that. The reason being because if I say I am going to win and then don’t beat you here tonight I will not only let myself down but all of these fans down. The fans that I would have promised that too but I am not going to make that promise because I don’t know what you are capable of in this type of match.”

Trent Shaffer: “Well Jack in just a few short hours you will find out exactly what I am capable of doing. Even though this is a two and a half hour show those two hours before our match are going to be the slowest hours of the both of our lives. But we both know that because we have both been in this situation before so nobody knows that better than the two of us. However I believe that the time for talk is over so lets let our actions speak for us in the ring tonight.”

Jack DeColt: “That sounds good to me keep that title nice and warm for me because tonight I take it from you.”

[With that said, Jack DeColt drops the microphone and heads back to the locker room area to prepare for his match as Trent Shaffer does the same.]

Road Agent Notes

The J DeColt vs. Trent Shaffer storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd. Trent Shaffer is developing better performance skills.

Segment Rating: B-

Match 1

Ed Monton vs. The Soldiers Of Fortune (Destiny and Fate)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, The Soldiers Of Fortune defeated Ed Monton in 7:39 when Destiny defeated Ed Monton by pinfall.

Road Agent Notes

The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Ed Monton is improving in Performance skills. Destiny is improving in Performance skills. Fate is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: C-

Match 2

The Dirty White Boys vs. Alex and Ricky DeColt ©

CGC World Tag Team Championship Match

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Alex & Ricky DeColt defeated The Dirty White Boys in 7:31 when Alex DeColt defeated Grease Hogg by pinfall with a Tower Collapse Superplex. Alex & Ricky DeColt make defense number 4 of their CGC World Tag Team titles.

Road Agent Notes

The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Alex DeColt looked good out there. Ricky DeColt came out of the match looking good. The Decolts vs. Zeus and Stevie storyline has continued with this match.

Match 3

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Whippy The Clown defeated Stevie Grayson in 7:33 by pinfall with a Joke's On You.

Road Agent Notes

The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Match Rating: D

Match 4

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Philippe LaGrenier defeated Shane Nelson in 7:50 by pinfall.

Road Agent Notes

The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Philippe LaGrenier is improving in Flying skills.

Match Rating: D+

Match 5

CGC Canadian Championship Match

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Nate Johnson defeated Joey Poison in 7:38 by pinfall with a Natural Order. During the match we also saw Destiny run in and attack Poison, and Fate also attack Poison. Nate Johnson wins the CGC Canadian title.

Road Agent Notes

Joey Poison was slowed by injury somewhat. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

After the match Nate Johnson grabs the CGC Canadian Championship after Francis Long handed it to him, he got to his feet and then Nate proceeded to have both arms raised by Destiny and Fate. Eddie Chandler makes his way out onto the entrance ramp and holds up four fingers to Destiny and Fate who appear to be two new members of the Elite.

Match 6

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Eddie Chandler defeated Chris Kaladaro in 17:44 by submission with a Fabulous Stretch.

Road Agent Notes

This match lifted the crowd. Eddie Chandler is improving in Performance skills. Chris Kaladaro is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: B

Trent Shaffer is in the ring, about to compete. Before the match starts, Eddie Chandler comes down to the ringside area, apparently scouting his future opponent. Shaffer does not look happy about it, and appears somewhat distracted too.

Road Agent Notes

The performance of Trent Shaffer was good.

Segment Rating: C-

Main Event – Match 7

Last man Standing Match

CGC World Heavyweight Championship Match

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Trent Shaffer defeated Jack DeColt in 18:07 when Jack DeColt could not beat a ten count after a Heart Burn. Trent Shaffer makes defense number 10 of his CGC World title.

Road Agent Notes

Jack DeColt was visibly tiring toward the end. The J DeColt vs. Trent Shaffer storyline has continued with this match.

Match Rating: C+

Jack DeColt and Trent Shaffer are backstage; an argument breaks out, and they start brawling with each other. A host of road agents and staff have to pull them apart.

Road Agent Notes

The J DeColt vs. Trent Shaffer storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Segment Rating: B

Final Show Rating: C+

Notes: This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.

CGC Survival Of The Fittest Report

Canadian Golden Combat held CGC Survival Of The Fittest last night in King Edward Multiplex, and drew 5,000 fans. The feedback has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.

CGC have started contract negotiations with Ford Gumble.

CGC have started contract negotiations with Larry Wood.

Prediction Key:

BHK1978: 6 of 7 correct.

Dragonmack: 3 of 7 correct.

Emark: 3 of 7 correct.

ThriceP86: 6 of 7 correct.

OOC: Congratulations to both BHK1978 and ThriceP86 for getting 6 out of 7 predictions correct The only prediction BHK missed was during the Shane Nelson Match. The only prediction Thrice missed was during the Chris Kaladaro Match. So Congratulations to both, since this was a pay per view there was going to be a prize but considering the fact that I couldn't think of anything and the fact that there is a tie in the predictions there won't be. Lastly the next edition of Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro will be posted sometime on Tuesday. So until then read up on the pay per view results and feel free to comment if you would like to or give any feedback if you have any.

Terry Smith sits down with Chris Kaladaro after CGC’s Survival Of The Fittest.

Terry Smith: “Hello ladies and gentleman Terry Smith here along with Chris Kaladaro to talk about some of the things you witnessed happening at Survival Of The Fittest. Chris what were your initial thoughts on this show?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well with all of the effort that we as a company put towards that show I would say that it was a great success and that all of the effort was well worth it.”

Terry Smith: “Lets start off by talking about the first segment of the night between Trent Shaffer and Jack DeColt which took place just a few hours before their Last Man Standing match. What did you think of the performance of both guys in this segment?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought that they both did a tremendous job of really brining out the importance of their match both men brought there all in that segment and laid it all on the table and that is what it should have been.”

Terry Smith: “Moving on to the first match of the night it was the lone Ed Monton taking on both members of the Soldiers of Fortune in Destiny and Fate. What did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought it was a good match all three guys in the match seemed to have brought there best at this event and it showed in their match. You could tell that even though the match was very low profile and nothing was on the line they still were out to prove to everyone that they deserved to be on the show on Friday night.”

Terry Smith: “Now onto the second match of the night which was a tag team match with the tag team titles on the line. The champions Alex and Ricky DeColt faced off against the team of the Dirty White Boys, what did you think of this match and do you think that the Dirty White Boys really deserved to be in a match on pay per view?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well the match was good for what it was, the match itself was only about eight minutes long but I have to believe that when your in the ring with a team like the Dirty White Boys the shorter the match the better. Not to knock them or anything but I think that the shorter their matches are the more they can bring out their positives while hiding their negatives and that is what was done here. Alex and Ricky both did a great job hiding the negatives of the Dirty White Boys and brining out the positives in the team and the match ended up being pretty well received because of it.”

Terry Smith: “Onto the third match of the night, between Whippy The Clown and Stevie Grayson. What did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well to be honest I didn’t think much of it, it was just a match that seemed to be there to fill some time and that was exactly what it ended up doing in the end.”

Terry Smith: “What about the next match between Shane Nelson and Philippe LaGrenier?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Again this match kind of had the same affect everyone there probably didn’t pay to see that match but it was a part of the show. The only good thing that came out of it was that Philippe LaGrenier won the match which is good for him coming into a new promotion and winning his first match on pay per view it makes him seem important.”

Terry Smith: “Now onto the match that everyone came away from that event talking about the Canadian Championship match between Nate Johnson and the champion Joey Poison and the beat down that took place after the match. What did you think of this match and do you think that the fans were shocked to see Joey Poison’s amazing no dare I say it phenomenal title reign come to a crashing end?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Let me answer those questions a little out of order if I may, I thought that this match was good Nate really proved to me as well as himself that he wanted this title so its good to see that he got it. Joey’s title reign coming to an end isn’t a bad thing at all I think the fans were shocked to see it happen which if I were a fan I would have been too. However if I were a fan I would also think of the other opportunities that Joey can take advantage of now. The one thing that everyone is talking about, no make that two things is Destiny and Fate as they helped Nate win this match. In the end Both Destiny and Fate raised the hands of the new champion Nate Johnson with Eddie Chandler looking on from the entrance way. It was a scary sight for anyone who is a wrestler in CGC because now they have four members of the Elite to worry about not just two. I have been told though that on the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling we will get an explanation of Destiny and Fate’s actions so we can find out why they did what they did.”

Terry Smith: “Now onto the next match of the evening which was the co-main event, you Chris Kaladaro were in action against Eddie Chandler how do you think that the match went?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought it went very well we seemed to have everything down in that ring the only regret I have is that I lost the match but on that night the better man won and there is nothing that I can do about it.”

Terry Smith: “Now after Eddie was done with his match against you he decided not to go back to the locker room but to stay ringside for the next match which was of course the main event. Did you have any objections to this?”

Chris Kaladaro: “No if he can beat the head booker of a company on any night then he can do whatever he wants to do and I am not going to object to it.”

Terry Smith: “Well the last match was the last man standing match for the CGC World Heavyweight Championship between challenger Jack DeColt and champion Trent Shaffer. What did you think of this match?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I thought the match was well done Trent Shaffer definitely showed why he is the champion in that match when he not only ignored all of the fans booing him repeatedly during the match but also managed to keep Jack DeColt down for a ten count.”

Terry Smith: “Is this the end for the Jack DeColt and Trent Shaffer feud and can these two finally move on from each other?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well believe it or not these two have only had two matches against each other during their entire feud. The current plan is to have them have another match at the December pay per view so that the feud will end as the year does and then by the new year both guys will be moved into new feuds.”

Terry Smith: “Any clue to what kind of match they are going to have at the next pay per view?”

Chris Kaladaro: “I won’t give anything away I will just say that it will be a stipulation match and not just a normal singles match.”

Terry Smith: “Well it seems that whatever match they do have, they need to have another one to settle things because just moments after the match the two were at it once again in the backstage area. Chris I would like to thank you once again for being here.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Thank you Terry its always fun.”

Terry Smith: “Finally join me on Saturday as I talk about some of the matches that you can expect to see at the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling just two days removed from Survival Of The Fittest. Until then so long everybody.”

OOC: Some of the matches that are scheduled to take place at the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling will be posted sometime on Thursday. Until then read up on this column and feel free to comment if you would like to do so.

Canadian Golden Combat Presents Title Bout Wrestling

Saturday Week 3, November 2010

Hello ladies and gentleman Terry Smith here to talk about some of the things that you can expect to see on the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling just two days removed from CGC’s Survival Of The Fittest. This weeks show will take place live from the Abbotsford Recreation Complex in British Columbia Canada and will feature all of the fallout from this past Fridays pay per view.

The first match of the night is a handicap match involving the current CGC Tag Team Champions Alex and Ricky DeColt as they take on Eddie Chandler. Will Eddie be able to defeat two of the greatest superstars in CGC history single handedly or will two DeColts be too much for Eddie to overcome by himself?

In the second match of the night the former CGC World Tag Team Champions The Soldiers Of Fortune (Destiny and Fate) take on The Dirty White Boys (Grease Hogg and Lead Belly). Which team will prevail in this all-important match in the tag team division whomever is to win this match has to be in line for a tag team title shot in the near future.

In the third match of the night the man who defeated Joey Poison for the CGC Canadian Championship Nate Johnson will have his first title defense against Philippe LaGrenier. Will Nate be able to prove that the way he won the title won’t affect his reign as champion or will Philippe get the upset and prove that Nate can’t do things on his own?

In the co-main event, Jack DeColt who just came off of a last man standing match with Trent Shaffer for the World Title at Survival Of The Fittest meets the man who lost the CGC Canadian Championship at the same event in Joey Poison. Which man will win this match both of them are coming off of a loss at the pay per view so both men will be looking to gain some of their lost momentum back with a win.

Finally in the main event, Ed Monton challenges Trent Shaffer for the CGC World Heavyweight Championship. Will Ed be able to recapture his glory and the World Heavyweight Championship by defeating Trent Shaffer? Or will Trent Shaffer prove that Ed Monton is far past his prime and doesn’t deserve to be in the same ring against the much younger champion.

All this and so much more will be answered live this Sunday night from the Abbotsford Recreation Complex in British Columbia Canada. Until then this has been Terry Smith saying so long and I will see you all ringside at the matches.

Those matches again are…

Eddie Chandler vs. Alex and Ricky DeColt

The Soldiers Of Fortune vs. The Dirty White Boys

Philippe LaGrenier vs. Nate Johnson ©

Jack DeColt vs. Joey Poison

Ed Monton vs. Trent Shaffer ©

OOC: Predictions as always are welcome, the results will be posted sometime on Sunday after I have gotten a chance to write them so until then like I always say get predicting!

You have been running these two on one matches a lot lately. Not that I mind I just picked up on it.

Well I highly doubt he will lose it right away. Also, I forgot to say how huge of a victory that was. I knew Joey was going to lose sooner or later but it is one of those things that shocks you when it happens.

Something tells me Chandler will have help.

Archived