Canadian Golden Combat: Reforming its legacy

One thing I notice is that you aren't using very many angles in either your tv or main shows. Being that CGC is a sports entertainment fed ( like SWF and current WWE ) it is primarily rated on overness, not on the skill of the people in the ring. Now while the DeColts have both, and thus will usually give you good grades, angles are where you can build the overness of others. Menace angles where your monsters beat up popular workers, entertainment angles where the good talkers can cut promos, sex appeal angles for the good looking chicks, etc.

Not only do they help get workers over, and give you more options, because NOTBPW will hit National well before you do, and they, SWF and TCW will take your talent when they can, but they also help build heat for your storylines, which can lead to better match grades.

Finally, you using and writing out the angles to tell your storylines could generate more interest in your diary. CGC is fairly stale in that its the DeColts on top, fighting the Elite or some other stable, and most of the undercard butts up against the DeColt glass ceiling. If you have a certain spin on that you want to try and get across using promos and other angles as the reasons why the matches are taking place will help sell that story.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CGC.com catches up with Chris Kaladaro after CGC Luck of the Draw

CGC.com: “We are here once again with Chris Kaladaro who is not even twenty four hours removed from CGC Luck Of The Draw. Chris what can you tell us about how the pay per view went this time around.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well for starters the very start of the show kind of caught me off guard because originally Jack DeColt wasn’t supposed to open the show and neither was Eddie Chandler but things worked out in the end so I am definitely more than okay with it.”

CGC.com: “Wow I didn’t know that. Did anything else happen out of the ordinary?”

Chris Kaladaro: “No not really although I was kind of surprised at the reviews that the show got but not in a good way.”

CGC.com: “What are your plans to make sure that this doesn’t happen again.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well I can’t really promise that a show like that or a pay per view like that will ever happen again, hopefully we just get better ratings along with better feedback in the future.”

CGC.com: “So if I may ask what is next for you and CGC?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well perhaps our biggest pay per view or pay per views of the year are coming up next month with the DeColt WrestleFestival, day 1 on Sunday week 4 of March followed by day 2 taking place the day after that. Being that those two shows are probably our biggest of the year hopefully we not only will be able to build some sort of momentum going into both shows but hopefully both show will leave the fans talking.”

CGC.com: “Well it seems like you have things more than under control, I for one can’t wait until the DeColt WrestleFestival to see what is brought to the table and what repercussions either good or bad come out of it for CGC.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well hopefully they will be good but you never know what will happen and I can’t guarantee anything at this point.”

CGC.com: “Well as always Chris I want to thank you for sitting down with us this week to talk about how the show went.”

Chris Kaladaro: “It’s always a pleasure.”

CGC.com: “Join us next time as we talk about the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling which will feature all of the fall out from Luck Of the Draw. Until then this has been your sit down with Chris Kaladaro.

OOC: Some of the matches for the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling will be posted within the next few days until then read up on this or anything else in this dynasty and feel free to comment if you would like to.

CGC.com catches up with Chris Kaladaro after CGC Luck of the Draw

CGC.com: “We are here once again with Chris Kaladaro who is not even twenty four hours removed from CGC Luck Of The Draw. Chris what can you tell us about how the pay per view went this time around.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well for starters the very start of the show kind of caught me off guard because originally Jack DeColt wasn’t supposed to open the show and neither was Eddie Chandler but things worked out in the end so I am definitely more than okay with it.”

CGC.com: “Wow I didn’t know that. Did anything else happen out of the ordinary?”

Chris Kaladaro: “No not really although I was kind of surprised at the reviews that the show got but not in a good way.”

CGC.com: “What are your plans to make sure that this doesn’t happen again.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well I can’t really promise that a show like that or a pay per view like that will ever happen again, hopefully we just get better ratings along with better feedback in the future.”

CGC.com: “So if I may ask what is next for you and CGC?”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well perhaps our biggest pay per view or pay per views of the year are coming up next month with the DeColt WrestleFestival, day 1 on Sunday week 4 of March followed by day 2 taking place the day after that. Being that those two shows are probably our biggest of the year hopefully we not only will be able to build some sort of momentum going into both shows but hopefully both show will leave the fans talking.”

CGC.com: “Well it seems like you have things more than under control, I for one can’t wait until the DeColt WrestleFestival to see what is brought to the table and what repercussions either good or bad come out of it for CGC.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Well hopefully they will be good but you never know what will happen and I can’t guarantee anything at this point.”

CGC.com: “Well as always Chris I want to thank you for sitting down with us this week to talk about how the show went.”

Chris Kaladaro: “It’s always a pleasure.”

CGC.com: “Join us next time as we talk about the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling which will feature all of the fall out from Luck Of the Draw. Until then this has been your sit down with Chris Kaladaro.

OOC: some of the matches on the next show will be posted within a couple of days. Until then read up on this or anything else in this dynasty and feel free to comment if you would like to.

Canadian Golden Combat and Title Bout Wrestling

Present

Six man warfare

Sunday Week 3 February 2010

Hello ladies and gentleman and CGC Wrestling fans it is I Marty Papin to talk about some of the matches that will take place on the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling. Title Bout Wrestling will be taking place from the King Edward Multiplex in British Columbia and here are some of the matches that have already been signed.

A huge main event six man tag team match has already been signed and will feature Chris Kaladaro, Eddie Chandler, and Dan DaLay taking on Ricky, Alex, and Jack DeColt. Will Chris and his team be able to pull it together and as a result pull out a huge upset or will the DeColts reign supreme.

Also on the card Joey Poison defends the CGC Canadian Title against former CGC Tag Team Champion Zeus Maxmillion. Will Zeus be able to upset Poison in order to get back some CGC Gold or will Zeus find himself on the receiving end of the Antidote Web.

Plus to open the show, you will see Trent Shaffer take on Whippy The Clown, Trent has had some success as of late while Whippy hasn’t been seen. Can Trent continue his winning ways or will Whippy the Clown prove that he is just that much better than Trent. All this and so much more as CGC Title Bout Wrestling presents six man warfare live this Sunday night. Don’t miss out on the great action the Canadian Golden Combat is sure to offer you won’t regret it.

Those matches again are

Trent Shaffer vs. Whippy The Clown

CGC Canadian Championship match

Zeus Maxmillion vs. Joey Poison ©

Six Man Mayhem

Chris Kaladaro, Eddie Chandler, and Dan DaLay vs. Ricky, Alex, and Jack DeColt

OOC: Predictions as always are welcome after a few people have predicted the winners the results of the show will be posted.

Trent Shaffer vs. Whippy The Clown

Trent's the future

CGC Canadian Championship match

Zeus Maxmillion vs. Joey Poison ©

Better worker

Six Man Mayhem

Chris Kaladaro, Eddie Chandler, and Dan DaLay vs. Ricky, Alex, and Jack DeColt

It's their promotion

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">CGC Title Bout Wrestling </span></span></span></strong><p> Sunday Week 3, February 2010</p><p> King Edward Multiplex (British Columbia) – 5,000</p><p> </p><p> To start off the show, the CGC owner Alex DeColt comes out with his brothers Jack DeColt who is the current CGC World Heavyweight Champion and their younger brother Ricky DeColt. They make their way down to the ring and when they get inside Alex grabs a microphone and begins to speak.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Alex:</strong> “You people continue to amaze me with continuing to attend our shows for which I would like to personally thank you.”</p><p> </p><p> .:Fans Cheer:.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Alex:</strong> “However now we must get down to business you see there are two guys in the backstage area who have been causing problems for us DeColts. Those two guys are Dan DaLay and Eddie Chandler so right now we would like to challenge you to a six-an tag team match here tonight.</p><p> </p><p> With that said Alex tosses Jack the microphone and the music of Eddie Chandler starts to blare over the PA system. Eddie makes his way out to the ring but he is not alone he is with his partner Dan DaLay as the music begins to fade out Eddie raises the microphone to his mouth and begins to speak.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Eddie:</strong> “You want a six-man tag team match with us here tonight? Well fact is we are a bit outnumbered as we only have two on our side.”</p><p> </p><p> Just then I Stand Alone by Jackyl begins to blare over the sound system as Chris Kaladaro makes his presence felt joining Dan and Eddie on the top of the entrance ramp. Chris already has a microphone in his hand as he motions for the music to cut so he can say what he has to say.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris:</strong> “Well it seems that these two need a partner for the match tonight and being that I have full control of what goes on here I am going to add myself to that match. So tonight it will be Alex, Jack, and Ricky DeColt vs. Eddie Chandler, Dan DaLay, and yours truly Chris Kaladaro.”</p><p> </p><p> .:The fans begin to cheer at the announcement:.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Chris:</strong> “So guys I suggest you get ready because we already are.”</p><p> </p><p> With that said I Stand Alone by Jackyl hits the PA System and Eddie, Dan and Chris all high five each other before heading to the backstage area as Ricky, Alex, and Jack are all left in the ring still shocked from what just went down.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> The DeColts vs. Elite #1 (CGC) storyline has continued with this segment. The The Decolts vs. Zeus and Stevie storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.</p><p> Segment Rating: B+</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match 1</span></strong></p><p> Trent Shaffer vs. Whippy The Clown</p><p> </p><p> In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Trent Shaffer defeated Whippy The Clown in 8:23 by pinfall with a Heart Burn.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> The match suffered from a lack of psychology, it could have really used somebody with the knowledge of how to construct a proper flow. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.</p><p> Match Rating: D+</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match 2</span></strong></p><p> Zeus Maxmilion vs. Joey Poison ©</p><p> <em>CGC Canadian Title Match</em></p><p> </p><p> In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Joey Poison defeated Zeus Maxmillion in 8:10 by pinfall with an Antidote Web. Joey Poison makes defence number 7 of his CGC Canadian title.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> The colour commentary gave the match a boost.</p><p> Match Rating: C-</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match 3</span></strong></p><p> Bobby Thomas and Nate Johnson vs. The Soldiers of Fortune ©</p><p> CGC Tag Team Championship Match</p><p> </p><p> In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The Soldiers Of Fortune defeated Bobby Thomas and Nate Johnson in 8:02 when Destiny defeated Nate Johnson by pinfall. The Soldiers Of Fortune make defence number 2 of their CGC World Tag Team titles.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Destiny is improving in Technical skills. Destiny is improving in Performance skills. Fate is improving in Performance skills. Bobby Thomas is improving in Rumble skills. Nate Johnson is improving in Performance skills.</p><p> Match Rating: D+</p><p> </p><p> Ed Monton is shown backstage walking around, he spots Joey Poison in the distance and runs up behind him and starts punching him eventually beating him down to the ground. He begins kicking him but can’t do too much further damage as referees and road agents rush to try and break it up.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> The Ed Monton vs. Joey Poison storyline has continued with this segment.</p><p> Segment Rating: D+</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main Event – Match 4</span></strong></p><p> Chris Kaladaro, Eddie Chandler, and Dan DaLay vs. Alex, Jack, and Ricky DeColt</p><p> </p><p> In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Alex DeColt and Jack & Ricky DeColt defeated Chris Kaladaro, Eddie Chandler and Dan DaLay in 26:51 when Alex DeColt defeated Dan DaLay by pinfall with a DeColt Driver.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> Chris Kaladaro seemed off his game tonight. Dan DaLay was visibly tiring toward the end. Ricky DeColt was really off his game tonight. Jack DeColt was visibly tiring toward the end. The match dragged at the end, as it was too long for the workers to keep an 'all out' pace going. The DeColts vs. Elite #1 (CGC) storyline has continued with this match. The Decolts vs. Zeus and Stevie storyline has continued with this match. Chris Kaladaro is improving in Performance skills. Eddie Chandler is improving in Technical skills. Eddie Chandler is improving in Performance skills. Dan DaLay is improving in Performance skills.</p><p> Match Rating: C-</p><p> </p><p> As the ring is being cleared and just before the show is scheduled to go off of the air for the evening, a camera cuts backstage to see Ricky DeColt, Alex DeColt, and Jack DeColt attack Eddie Chandler backstage, and leave him down and out.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Agent Notes</strong></p><p> The DeColts vs. Elite #1 (CGC) storyline has continued with this segment. The Decolts vs. Zeus and Stevie storyline has continued with this segment.</p><p> Segment Rating: B-</p><p> </p><p> Final Show Rating: C-</p><p> Notes: Some of the angles definitely helped lift the show as a whole. I think this show might have actually hurt our popularity overall.</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">Last Night’s CGC Title Bout Wrestling</span></span></span></strong></p><p> </p><p> Canadian Golden Combat held CGC Title Bout Wrestling last night in King Edward Multiplex, and drew 5,000 fans. The feedback has been decent although hardly spectacular.</p><p> </p><p> CGC Title Bout Wrestling draws a 0.90 rating on Maple Leaf Sports.</p></div></blockquote></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> Prediction Key</p><p> BHK1978: 2 of 3 predictions correct!</p><p> Dragonmack: 3 of 3 predicitons correct!</p><p> Lo-Drew: 3 of 3 predictions correct!</p><p> Smurphy1014: 3 of 3 predictions correct!</p><p> </p><p> thanks goes out to BHK, Dragonmack and Lo-Drew for predicting this show as well as most of my others. Also I would like to thank Smurphy1014 for taking the oppertunity to make predictions for the first time on this dynasty. I hope that you will predict more as this dynasty goes on. Also I hope you enjoy the segments that I wrote out let me know what you think. Finally the preview for the next show will be posted within the next couple of days at the latest by Sunday.</p>

CGC.com catches up with Chris Kaladaro after the latest Edition of Title bout Wrestling

CGC.com: “Hello ladies and gentleman and welcome to another addition of CGC.com catches up with Chris Kaladaro. This week we are here to talk about the latest show and everything that went down. To start things off though Chris how do you think that the show went.”

Chris: “Well the show went good I thought probably one of our better showings and the fans seemed to enjoy it which is the most important thing.”

CGC.com: “Did you know that all hell was going to break lose at the start of the show.”

Chris: “Well I find of had a feeling you see when you have all those guys talking up a storm something bad is bound to happen one way or another.”

CGC.com: “Do you think your getting involved was the smartest thing looking back on it.”

Chris: “Yeah I do because it was good for business, anything I can do to make CGC better like I have said before I wont hesitate to do. You know everyone has said that I should stay out of the matches, which I partially agree with yeah I am retired and I don’t wrestle too much anymore. With that said if I see an opportunity to get involved in a match and if my getting involved will benefit all parties involved than I will do it, it is as simple as that.

CGC.com: “That makes sense to me I couldn’t agree with you more. Well before we wrap this up is there anything in particular that is on tap for the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling.”

Chris: “Yeah right like I am going to tell you because if I did it wouldn’t be fun now would it, no you will just have to wait like everyone else to see what it is I will pull out next. I promise you that you won’t be disappointed.

CGC.com: “Well as always Chris I would like to thank you for your time because I know that you are a busy man.”

Chris: “Thanks to you as well it is always a pleasure.”

[Fade.]

OOC: Some of the matches for the next edition of Title Bout Wrestling will be posted within the next few days. Until then read up on this or anything else in this dynasty and as always feel free to comment if you would like to.

Canadian Golden Combat Presents Title Bout Wrestling

Sunday Week 4 February 2010

Hello ladies and gentleman Marty Papin here to talk about some of the things that you can expect to see this Sunday night on CGC Title Bout Wrestling. This weeks show emanates live from Victoria Royal Athletic Park in British Columbia Canada and boy do we have a card for you. Everyone witnessed the six-man tag team match last week and saw the DeColts get the best of their opponents Dan DaLay, Eddie Chandler, and Chris Kaladaro. Well this week the three DeColts will all be in singles matches against those three men.

In the first of the three matches we will see Ricky DeColt take on Dan DaLay. These two have wrestled once before and in that match Ricky pulled out the win, will lightning strike twice for Ricky DeColt or will Dan DaLay pull out the win.

In the second of the three matches Alex DeColt will take on Eddie Chandler this is also the second time these two have meet each other one on one. Will history repeat itself as we see Alex DeColt get the win or will Eddie Chandler pull out what many would consider an upset?

Finally in the main event and the third match in the series Chris Kaladaro meets CGC World Champion Jack DeColt in the main event. Will Chris Kaladaro get the win against the champ in a non-title match or will Jack show everyone that whether a match is for the title or not he comes to win.

All this and so much more is expected to take place as CGC presents Title Bout Wrestling live this Sunday night from the Victoria Royal Athletic Park live and only on Maple Leaf Sports.

Those matches again are

Dan DaLay vs. Ricky DeColt

Eddie Chandler vs. Alex DeColt

Non Title Match

Chris Kaladaro vs. Jack DeColt

OOC: Predictions as always are welcomed, after a few people have posted their predictions on who they think will win the above matches the results will be posted until then get predicting!

CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Sunday Week 4, February 2010

Victoria Royal Athletic Park (British Columbia) – 7,201

Shown Live on Maple Leaf Sports

A camera fades up in the Victoria Royal Athletic Park in British Columbia as CGC Title Bout Wrestling has just gone live on Maple Leaf Sports. Fireworks go off in the arena and the cameras pan all around the arena to view each and every one of the 7,201 fans that have jam-packed the arena tonight. The camera then cuts to another camera which is focused on the entrance ramp I Stand Alone by Jackyl begins playing over the PA system as Chris Kaladaro makes his presence felt on the top of the entrance ramp with a microphone in hand. Chris looks around and smiles at all of the fans in attendance before walking down to the ring he gets in the ring though the top and middle ropes and then goes to the center of the ring as his music cuts and he is about to speak.

Chris Kaladaro: “You know ever since I have made my shocking first appearance in Canadian Golden Combat people can’t stop talking about what an impact it has made on the wrestling industry as a whole. You know I knew that there would be some repercussions but I didn’t for once think that they would be this big. You know tonight we have three big matches the first is Dan DaLay taking on Ricky DeColt that will be immediately followed by the second match which will be Eddie Chandler taking on Alex DeColt. Finally in the third match of the evening which will be the main event I will be taking on the champion of this very organization Jack DeColt."

Just then the music of Jack DeColt begins to play as Jack makes his way out to the top of the entrance ramp where he stops. He already has a microphone in hand as he motions for his music to cut out as he starts to speak.

Jack DeColt: “Yeah you got that right Chris you and me will be going one on one but this match won’t be for the CGC World Championship.”

Chris Kaladaro: “Yeah I know who do you think made the match.”

Jack DeColt: “That is not important though the important thing to remember is that I am going to beat you in the center of the ring tonight and there isn’t anything you can do about it. You see I am the biggest star in this company and as soon as you and all these fans realize that the quicker we can get on with doing what we do best and that is being the best wrestling company in Canada.”

A mix of cheers and jeers is heard in the arena as some people like what Jack had to say while other people didn’t.

Chris Kaladaro: “You know you are right and I will agree with you for once that we are the best company in Canada but that still doesn’t change the fact that you and me are going to meet in the center of this ring tonight. So I would suggest you make your way to the back and get ready because you’re in for the fight of your life. I am going to make you respect me.”

Jack DeColt: “You know I do respect you just not that much but enough of this the important thing tonight to remember is that whoever wins or loses this match will promise not to disappoint.”

The fans begin to cheer again as Jack DeColt makes his way back through the entrance ramp as Chris Kaladaro is left in the ring just shaking his head at the actions of Jack DeColt. After a while Chris heads back to his office to get ready for the main event later on tonight.

Road Agent Notes

This segment lifted the crowd. Chris Kaladaro is learning to show more charisma.

Segment Rating: B+

Match 1

Dan DaLay vs. Ricky DeColt

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Ricky DeColt defeated Dan DaLay in 12:39 by pinfall with a DeColt 45.

Road Agent Notes

Ricky DeColt seemed off his game tonight. Dan DaLay is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: C

Match 2

Eddie Chandler vs. Alex DeColt

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Eddie Chandler defeated Alex DeColt in 13:26 by submission with a Fabulous Stretch.

Road Agent Notes

The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. Eddie Chandler is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: B-

A camera cuts to the backstage area where the announcers received word that something was going down. Ed Monton is seen arguing with Joey Poison before they begin brawling with each other, they brawl for a good few minutes before numerous road agents as well as other staff have to pull them apart so that they don’t kill one another.

Road Agent Notes

The Ed Monton vs. Joey Poison storyline has continued with this segment.

Segment Rating: D+

Main Event – Match 3

Chris Kaladaro vs. Jack DeColt

In a bout that featured great action and great heat from the audience, Jack DeColt defeated Chris Kaladaro in 18:01 by submission with an End Of Days.

Road Agent Notes

Jack DeColt was exhausted by the end. The announcing job done by Marty Papin was pretty weak. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. This match lifted the crowd. Chris Kaladaro is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: B

After the match is over and when Chris Kaladaro has cleared the ring to make his way to the backstage area, a man in a black hooded sweatshirt sneaks up behind Jack DeColt who is still in the ring celebrating his hard fought victory. The man precedes to beat Jack DeColt down to the mat and leave him down and out, the man then can’t resist the temptation to pick up the CGC World Title which he does and holds it high above his head while standing over Jack DeColt. The man then takes down the hood so that the whole viewing audience including the people in the arena can get a look at who it is and it turns out to be non other than Eddie Chandler.

Road Agent Notes

The DeColts vs. Elite #1 (CGC) storyline has continued with this segment. This segment lifted the crowd.

Segment Rating: B+

Final Show Rating: B-

Notes: There was a feeling that some of the angles used did not reach the standards set by the in-ring action. This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.

Last Night’s CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Canadian Golden Combat held CGC Title Bout Wrestling last night in Victoria Royal Athletic Park, and drew 7,201 fans. The feedback from viewers has been great, it has drawn a lot of praise.

CGC Title Bout Wrestling draws a 1.01 rating on Maple Leaf Sports

Prediction Key

BHK1978: 3 of 3 predictions correct for a perfect score on this show!

Smurphy1014: 2 of 3 predictions correct

Lo-Drew: 1 of 3 predictions correct

Also I hope that you guys enjoyed the write ups of the angles that I did for this show. Finally the latest edition of CGC.com Sits down with Chris Kaladaro will be posted sometime later today with the next edition of Chris Kaladaro's Monthly Review to follow.

Archived