Pound for Pound Title Idea

I'm thinking of creating a 'pound for pound' title in my game.

It would be open weight class and would be like early days of UFC where fighters of all different sizes were free to square off to see who was the best overall.

I am thinking that I would use the 'pound for pound' rankings chart as a general guideline for who the contenders are and who should be in the picture for it.

I was also thinking of maybe having it always be on the line in a tournament format, either 4 or 8 man, but I'm undecided on that of yet.

My questions.

1) Has anyone ever done this before? Good experiences, bad experiences? Things to watch out for?

2) Will the most skilled fighter usually win, or will the heavier fighters pretty much always defeat the smaller fighters, even if the smaller fighters are much more talented and skilled? Basically, will it ever be a possibility this title could be held by a lightweight or welterweight or would it likely have to be a guy in the larger weight class?

3) Am I able to book fights like this? Say for example a light heavyweight versus someone much much lighter? Or will the comission not accept it?

4) Will this negatively impact the prestige of my other belts? For example, I am assuming a lot of the people vying for this belt will also be me title holders in their respective weight classes. It's kind of like a 'dream' matchup scenario with a lot of what if's, just wondering how that will impact the overall title hierarchy.

I would love any and all opinions, even from those who haven't done this before but might have some thoughts ...

I had a game with Alpha 1 and every year I had an open weight grand prix. With the winner winning a the Alpha 1 Open Grand Prix title. Since I had it yearly or every lik 2 or 3 years it was fun and I had some great fighters in it. It was a 8 man tourament. The only guy you wasn't in the pound 4 pound was Collins and he beat Foster in the final. The year was like 03 near the end of 03. Anyway doing it like a Pride style grand prix was fun and added excitement to my game. It also gave alot of guys who were clearing out there division a new challenge.

Ive found most the time skilled heavyweights beat skilled lighter people. Also beware because if you put say your Heavyweight Champ vs Lightweight Champ, one of them will be coming off a loss going into their next title defence, which could result in the fans being unhappy that the fight is the main event / co-main event, as the champion is coming of a loss.

I'm thinking of creating a 'pound for pound' title in my game.

It would be open weight class and would be like early days of UFC where fighters of all different sizes were free to square off to see who was the best overall.

I am thinking that I would use the 'pound for pound' rankings chart as a general guideline for who the contenders are and who should be in the picture for it.

I was also thinking of maybe having it always be on the line in a tournament format, either 4 or 8 man, but I'm undecided on that of yet.

My questions.

1) Has anyone ever done this before? Good experiences, bad experiences? Things to watch out for?

2) Will the most skilled fighter usually win, or will the heavier fighters pretty much always defeat the smaller fighters, even if the smaller fighters are much more talented and skilled? Basically, will it ever be a possibility this title could be held by a lightweight or welterweight or would it likely have to be a guy in the larger weight class?

3) Am I able to book fights like this? Say for example a light heavyweight versus someone much much lighter? Or will the comission not accept it?

4) Will this negatively impact the prestige of my other belts? For example, I am assuming a lot of the people vying for this belt will also be me title holders in their respective weight classes. It's kind of like a 'dream' matchup scenario with a lot of what if's, just wondering how that will impact the overall title hierarchy.

I would love any and all opinions, even from those who haven't done this before but might have some thoughts ...

i play a game like the original UFC. only one openweight class. i have 8-man tournys every event, but not for the title.

i have the SuperFight title and have the winners of tourny's fight for it usually

Archived