TNA's New Beginnings II

See now that is not cool.:mad: I want to see Necro as the X Division Champion!:eek::D

I agree. Push the Butcher to the moon. The moon I say. Also on my demand list, Buff and Roger as tag team champions by molesting The Vabyss to death and a wrasslin match between Harley Race and Eric Bischoff.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now you guys are just being silly. :D

Well it is silly, but Necro would be comic gold as the X Division Champion. He could be like Doug Williams but instead of being a technical wrestler who talks about how great he is and how he does not like the other wrestlers in the X Division. He can be the god awful garbage wrestler who wants to make the X Divsion fit his style more.

Explosion preview

Explosion returns and moves to a Monday as TNA management look to see how it will fare in a head to head against WWE Raw. All three championships are on the line and some of TNA's finest talent will be competing. It will be interesting to see how this edition of Explosion compares to previous ones.

Tune into UrbanXtra pay per view to catch the action.

MATCHES

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Jeff Jarrett (champion) v Rick Steiner

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - SCAFFOLD MATCH - Abyss & Vader (champions) v Backstreet Boyz

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP - American Dragon (champion) v Air Paris

BG James v Ken Shamrock

Doug Williams v Vampiro

SIX MAN TAG - America's Most Wanted v Latin American Exchange

Alex Wright v Super Crazy

Yeah I would not want you to harm the title. It was mostly a joke in the first place anyway. I wonder if there is any chance of his stats ever improving beyond what they are now (which is probably crap).

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - SCAFFOLD MATCH - Abyss & Vader (champions) v Backstreet Boyz

This might be the one title that changes hands on your first head to head match-up with RAW.

BG James v Ken Shamrock

Doug Williams v Vampiro

BG James v Ken Shamrock

He's such a tough guy.

Doug Williams v Vampiro

I am all about Vampiro. I loved him in his WCW days, and in every WCW game I've played in TEW, he has somehow always risen to the top....Maybe the same will occur in your TNA?

People forget that Wright was on his way to headlining in WCW at one point. If I recall, he may have had some minor role in the Hogan/Giant storyline in 1995...anywho, he's got talent.

PRE SHOW

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Mike Sanders defeated EZ Money in 7:21 by pinfall with a 3.0. C

Explosion

Monday, week 2, May 2003

UIC Pavillion, Chicago, IL.

Live on UrbanXtra pay per view

Jeff Jarrett is backstage and talking smack about Sid Vicious. Unbeknown to Jarrett, Sid has appeared and looms behind Jarrett. He allows Jarrett to continue his rant for a while before tapping him on his shoulder. Jarrett turns round and Sid scowls at him. Jarrett ****s himself and makes a quick exit. C+

http://cdn2.ioffer.com/img/item/114/844/225/0W8yJzpO3O5b3Rm.jpg

Alex Wright v Super Crazy (with Midajah)

The opening contest sees yet another TNA debutant in Alex Wright and he and Super Crazy put on a good match. It is moderately entertaining and features some good action. Wright put in an impressive debut performance and defeated Crazy in 8:43 by pinfall with a German Suplex. C-

Vader and Abyss are discussing their fear of heights with Harley Race and are pleading that he changes the match tonight. Race agrees, but only out of respect for everything he and Vader have done together. Instead, tonight's Tag Team Championship match will now be a ladder match. E+

(Note to BHK - Vader refused to do your requested scaffold match, so I've had to alter it).

America's Most Wanted (with Dawn Marie) v Latin American Exchange

An entertaining, chaotic match where Robert Brisko struggled to keep control of six men who simply wanted to fight each other and the crowd rather enjoyed it. Amidst all the chaos, there was an unexpected visitor and this led to the end of the match in 11:21 when Konnan defeated 'Wildcat' Chris Harris by submission with a Tequila Sunrise after Jorge Estrada had interfered. C-

Tenay and Don West Hype the upcoming match at Sacrifice between American Dragon and CM Punk from the comfort of their announcers table. At the end, West warns that Dragon needs to defeat Air Paris first tonight. C

http://www.gerweck.net/vampiro.jpg

Doug Williams v Vampiro

Vampiro's debut was not as impressive as Alex Wright's earlier in the evening, in fact, it was rather average. As all the new guys look to jostle for position in TNA, this won't have done him many favours. Even so, he defeated the British technician in 8:59 by pinfall with a Nail in the Coffin. D

Backstage and Eric Bischoff is seen with Desmond Wolfe. He tells Wolfe that if he finds a way to back out of the Monster's Ball match at Sacrifice, he will see to it that Wolfe will never compete in TNA again. Wolfe is visibly apprehensive. C-

NWA TNA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Ladder Match

Abyss & Vader (champions) v Backstreet Boyz

Clearly a match that suited the challengers more than the champions. It was a good match, maybe a little surprising given two monsters were involved in a ladder match and especially as both Vader and Trent Acid put in below par performances. It was a contest where speed and brains overcame brawn and brute force as in 9:20 Trent Acid retrieved the belts. Backstreet Boyz win the NWA TNA World Tag Team titles and become the first team to hold the titles twice. C-

Harley Race has Rick Steiner in an office backstage. He gives Steiner his full support following his eye injury, of which Steiner is wearing a patch over his left eye. Race gives Steiner carté blanche to do to Bagwell what he wishes at Sacrifice as he makes the match no disqualification. C-

TNA X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

American Dragon (champion) v Air Paris

A very good match which saw some great high flying action from Paris and sound technical wrestling from Dragon. The match went to and fro and Paris came close to becoming the first two time X Division Champion, however it was Dragon who left retaining the title in 14:48 by submission with an Arms Across America. American Dragon makes defence number 2 of his TNA X Division title. C+

Ken Shamrock talks from backstage prior to his match, saying how he did not find the 'gift' he received last week at all funny, and promises to beat up whomever it was that sent it. E+

BG James v Ken Shamrock

Thankfully Shamrock's match was far more interesting than his words prior to it. The crowd were very much into it and it saw some good action and Shamrock largely in control of the whole affair. It came then as little surprise when he won in 12:43 by submission with an Ankle Lock. There have been a few good matches tonight. C-

CM Punk is backstage, saying he is glad American Dragon won tonight because at Sacrifice he wants to take back his X Division Championship from a man that never took it from him. C

NWA TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Jeff Jarrett (champion) v Rick Steiner

In terms of actual wrestling, this wasn't the best match ever. However, it was entertaining and boosted by the great chemistry the two share. Steiner proved to be a menace throughout the match and came close to winning the title, but the end ultimately came thanks to Steiner's nemesis, Buff Bagwell, in 19:28 by pinfall with The Stroke after a distraction from Buff Bagwell. Jeff Jarrett makes defence number 5 of his NWA TNA World Heavyweight title. C+

Following the match, Jeff Jarrett and Buff Bagwell beat down on Rick Steiner. That is until Sid Vicious comes racing from the back and runs Jarrett and Bagwell off as Explosion comes to an end. C

Show rating: C-

Some angles did not reach the standard of the matches. The show can be considered a success and should increase TNA's popularity.

Attendance: 5000 (sellout)

Buy rate: 0.31 (new TNA record)

Profit: $61,208 (new Explosion record)

Raw drew a 15,000 sellout crowd (same as previous week), show rated B (same) and had a combined rating of 14.97 (improved)

http://msxb-d3.vo.llnw.net/CONTENT/IMAGES//8f/9fb635ec-aa8a-48fb-994a-294bed15b38f.jpg

Sunday, week 3, May 2003

Current card

Jeff Jarrett (champion) v Sid? (B- heat)

Backstreet Boyz (champions) v Latin American Exchange (D-)

American Dragon (champion) v CM Punk (D+)

NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH

Buff 'The Puff' Bagwell v Rick Steiner (C-)

Chris Candido v Mike Sanders (E+)

Jimmy Rave v Shane Douglas (D-)

MONSTER'S BALL

Abyss v Desmond Wolfe (D)

Air Paris v Ultimo Dragon (E+)

'Alpha Male' Monty Brown v Vampiro (E+)

More matches to be announced.

PREDICTION PRIZE

Create your own company for it to become active in my game at a random point in the future.

Good. :)

I've just noticed something... to do with Alex Wright's picture in the Explosion write up. He looks rather gay. :D

I was going to do a long running story where Rick Steiner interferes with Buff & Roger's marriage, but having looked at Alex Wright's picture again, I might do it with him instead. Plus, it would be a good way to elevate him higher up the TNA roster.

Good. :)

I've just noticed something... to do with Alex Wright's picture in the Explosion write up. He looks rather gay. :D

I was going to do a long running story where Rick Steiner interferes with Buff & Roger's marriage, but having looked at Alex Wright's picture again, I might do it with him instead. Plus, it would be a good way to elevate him higher up the TNA roster.

gee, I was thinking the same thing as I read this. I thought that if Buff fails his drug test, Roger may have found a suitable replacement. For sure, mixing Wright into the Buff storyline should help elevate him

Buff and Alex vs Backseat Boyz for the tag titles - and this time, from the scaffold. :rolleyes:

agree with Necro getting a surprise push. he can beat up some jobbers in short matches - take a few short losses to the Shamrocks of the world to help him get over some - and then the shocking title win!! Could be interesting. it's a low level title, and IF he crushes it, then a top star wins it and brings some luster back to it.

Impact Preview

With the main event at Sacrifice very much in the air with Sid not yet medically cleared to wrestler and it looking uncertain that he will be by Sacrifice, rumours are abound that the amended Sacrifice main event will be announced on Impact this week.

One match set in stone is CM Punk's rematch for American Dragon's X Division Championship. Both have their distractions elsewhere, but this match is shaping up to be a fascinating encounter and the one that might steal the show. Punk has asked for some mic time at Impact so it will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

Ken Shamrock is another man distracted, as his receiving of an unwanted gift on last week's Impact distracted him from his usual competitive state of mind. Will he be looking to take out his frustrations on the man in the box, Ken Anderson?

Tune in to Sci Fi on Saturday night to catch the action.

MATCHES

BG James v Ernest Miller

Pride of Britain v Spanish Announce Team

'Alpha Male' Monty Brown v Chris Candido v Jimmy Rave v Mike Sanders v Shane Douglas v Vampiro

Jorge Estrada v Paul London

Austin Aries v Devon Storm

BG James v Ernest Miller

just not a fan of Miller - not that Road Dog has a lot left in the tank at least he can be entertaining

SAT can provide some entertaining matches, but look your Pride to start making some noise.

'Alpha Male' Monty Brown v Chris Candido v Jimmy Rave v Mike Sanders v Shane Douglas v Vampiro

could be a chance to Candido and Douglas to plant some seeds toward the formation of the Triple Threat and further the feud with Sanders. Monte Brown is always tough, but he never seems to go far and falters when he gets a chance at the spotlight - but he can help get these guys over. Vampiro had a good debut and would think he would continue to win and gain some momentum as he builds to an X-title match. IF played right, Vampiro could emerge as a rising star and and heat up another angle/feud at the same time.

BG James v Ernest Miller

I will save you from my usual line about how I do not like BG James...oh wait I just said it again...

'Alpha Male' Monty Brown v Chris Candido v Jimmy Rave v Mike Sanders v

Shane Douglas v Vampiro

<p>I was going to write up this show tonight (it's written in game). However, between looking for a new car and catching up on the Sports Interactive forum, it's now 01:26 and there is no way I'm doing it now as I need to go to bed!</p><p> </p><p>

I'll have to do it tomorrow night, which is a bit of a bugger because I was hoping to do Sacrifice this week and move on to the run to Slammiversary, where I am looking to add a small new dimension to my TNA pay per views.</p>

PRE SHOW

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Super Crazy defeated Sheik Abdul Bashir in 7:02 by pinfall with a Trifecta Moonsault. D+

Impact

Monday, week 3, May 2003

Grady Cole Center, Charlotte, NC.

Live on Sci Fi.

CM Punk is in the ring to start of Impact. He has a solemn look on his face and issues what appears to be a heartfelt apology to American Dragon for all of his ill deeds to him over recent weeks and hopes the best man will win at Sacrifice. American Dragon walks down the aisle and applauds Punk. Punk's demeanour then changes dramatically, as he has a sadistic grin on his face. He points at Dragon telling him it is a crock of **** and tells him at Sacrifice he will rip Dragon apart and take back his X Division Championship. C+

Chris Candido is talking up his chances against Mike Sanders at Sacrifice when he is interrupted by the man himself and they engage in a war of words over who will win at Sacrifice, both saying "I'm better than you". D-

http://www.gumgod.com/images/usapw/top_25_2004/austin_aries.jpg

Aries' TNA debut and he and Storm put on a decent opening contest as both are looking to establish themselves in the TNA roster. The match is open but it is Storm who prevails in 6:23 by pinfall with a Mind Bender. C-

Backstage and we are in the office of the two authority figures of TNA, Eric Bischoff and Harley Race. They say they have not been agreeing on much of late, but this is something they are agreeing on. The camera pans out and Jeff Jarrett, Sid Vicious and Ken Shamrock are seen in the office with a bevvy or burly security men. Race does the talking, and he says the TNA medical staff can't clear Sid Vicious to compete for the NWA TNA World Heavyweight Championship at Sacrifice, but then he and Bischoff argue about whether he should get a title shot in the future. They move on to the Sacrifice main event, and Race informs that a four way has been signed for the title, which does not please Jarrett. His challengers will be Ernest Miller, Steve Corino and Ken Shamrock. Shamrock is delighted while Jarrett holds his head in his hands. Sid looks non plussed, there's nothing he can do if he's not medically cleared following his horrific leg injury on an edition of Nitro many months ago. C+

Spanish Announce Team are in the ring when Ultimo Dragon comes out. He says that he accepts the challenge on before of Dragons, and will face them in a match in the future. C-

Another good quality match featuring a TNA newcomer, along with one of the more established stars. Both men can be exciting to watch and while neither were at their absolute best, this match had everybody captivated. It ended with London winning in 8:17 by pinfall with a London Calling. C

Little Guido comes down to the ring. He scours the crowd, and pulls a selection of youngsters up into the ring. The crowd vote on who looks most like Guido. The winning kid gets a Little Guido t-shirt, the lucky brat. The crowd absolutely love it! B

Steve Corino interviews a cardboard cut-out of Ernest Miller in the ring, chastising him at every opportunity. When the interview is over, he attacks the cut-out, splitting it in half. D

With so many contrasting elements in this match, there was a good chance it would crash and burn. Thankfully it didn't as everybody made a useful contribution to the contest. It also brought somewhat of a surprise winner as in 12:05 Jimmy Rave defeated 'Alpha Male' Monty Brown by pinfall with a Rave Clash. C-

Abyss and Vader are backstage, confronting each other about who is to blame for losing the Tag Team Championship this past Monday on Explosion. Neither back down and the two have a menacing staredown. C

Hernandez, Homicide, Jorge Estrada and Konnan attack 'Cowboy' James Storm, Robert Roode and 'Wildcat' Chris Harris backstage, and leave them down and out. E+

Doug Williams comes out and delivers a seething promo directed at CM Punk and Air Paris. After rehashing Paris and Punk's recent attack on Desmond Wolfe, Williams promises the world that he will get revenge against Punk and Paris. D

Pride of Britain v Spanish Announce Team (with So Cal Val)

A good match with an involved crowd where neither team were giving an inch to the other. Both team were trying to build up to be in a position to be able to end the match when it became apparent that Abyss and Vader seemed to have settled their difference as they came down to the ring and laid out both teams in 9:38, leaving Robert Brisko no choice but to throw the match out. C-

Ken Shamrock comes to the ring and starts talking about his unexpected opportunity to try and regain the NWA TNA World Championship when for the second time in recent weeks, a gift box is wheeled down to the ring the ring and is labelled "To Shamrock". Shamrock's demeanour changes to one of anger and Ken Shamrock approaches the box. Mike Quackenbush bursts out of it. But Shamrock is ready for the surprise after what had happened before, and quickly leaves Quackenbush laying on the mat. D+

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04/fido_450x338.jpg

Roger Bagwell is backstage with Buff 'The Puff' Bagwell where he talks about his husband's match against Rick Steiner at Sacrifice. He laces it with innuendo and finishes by saying that he knows Steiner likes to do it doggy style which is just how he likes it. D+

BG James v Ernest Miller

No no no no no. A poor match which has spoiled what was otherwise a good show. This match did absolutely nothing for either men, in fact if anything it will be detrimental to their progress in TNA. Miller won in 14:30 by pinfall with a Thrust Kick. E+

Show rating: D

Some angles helped to lift the show. The show might have hurt TNA's popularity overall.

Attendance: 2000 (sellout)

TV rating: 0.44

Loss: $56,257 (new record)

http://msxb-d3.vo.llnw.net/CONTENT/IMAGES//8f/9fb635ec-aa8a-48fb-994a-294bed15b38f.jpg

Sunday, week 3, May 2003

Current card

Jeff Jarrett (champion) v Ernest Miller v Ken Shamrock v Steve Corino (D+ heat)

Backstreet Boyz (champions) v Latin American Exchange (D-)

American Dragon (champion) v CM Punk (C-)

NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH

Buff 'The Puff' Bagwell v Rick Steiner (C-)

Chris Candido v Mike Sanders (D-)

Jimmy Rave v Shane Douglas (D-)

America's Most Wanted v Full Blooded Italians v Latin American Exchange (Estrada & Konnan) (D-)

MONSTER'S BALL

Abyss v Desmond Wolfe (D)

Air Paris v Ultimo Dragon (E+)

'Alpha Male' Monty Brown v Vampiro (E+)

Doug Williams v 'Dr Death' Steve Williams (E)

PREDICTION PRIZE

Create your own company for it to become active in my game at a random point in the future.

News

http://www.seeklogo.com/images/W/WWF_Judgment_Day-logo-362E2418AA-seeklogo.com.gif

WWE held Judgment Day at Nanaimo Pacific Coliseum, British Colombia. The event drew a 36,905 crowd and 7.09 buy rate.

Funaki beat Redd Dogg (D)

Perry Saturn beat Chris Nowinski (D)

Rhyno beat Billy Kidman (C-)

D-Von Dudley beat Carly Colon (D+)

Chris Kanyon beat Steve Bradley (D-)

Billy beat Ron Killings, Goldust and Rico ©

Diamond Dallas Page & Hurrican beat Lance Storm & Mike Awesome ©

Al Snow & Maven beat The Holly to retain the World Tag Team Championship ©

Edge beat The Godfather (B-)

Hulk Hogan beat Rikishi (C+)

Kurt Angle beat The Undertaker (B+)

The Rock beat Chris Jericho (A*)

Show rating: A

Kamala has retired from the ring.

Carlos Colon is the new owner of Heartland Wrestling Association.

Steve Corino has fully recovered from his groin injury.

Archived