Hardcore promotions

I am starting a hardcore promotion, and I am going to have a few questions as I go along, so I started this thread.

First question...is it a bad idea to make every match a hardcore match? I've heard that you shouldn't overuse gimmick matches, but I want it to be the standard match in my promotion.

I am starting a hardcore promotion, and I am going to have a few questions as I go along, so I started this thread.

First question...is it a bad idea to make every match a hardcore match? I've heard that you shouldn't overuse gimmick matches, but I want it to be the standard match in my promotion.

No, infact the opposite: The higher the content risk, the better as you will get a bonus from the extreme content (When there is a mention of it the product analysis). Actually normal Hardcore matches will get a penalty for not being risky enough. I suggest using Barbed Wire Japan/USA and Deathmatch + custom 'American Deathmatch' which is Deathmatch without light tubes and bed of nails, set the danger and content risk to 'High' :)

Here's my tutorial diary, read the WEXXV parts, it should help you a lot :)http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57023

So... last night I did a breakdown of several different hardcore companies' products, to see how they're different and what difference it cause.

Started as a look at just East Coast companies, but eventually I ended up throwing in WEXXV, DIW, MoSC, and ELITE as well, to get a grander view...

I should post that sometime. Did you know that a company with Key Features of Hardcore and Cult have an extremely vocal crowd, but if you bump the Risque up to Key Feature (or Mainstream to Medium) it immediately drops to NO vocal crowd?

Well, you do now!

Archived