Would an online wrestling Tycoon game be successful?

Capelli King

Depends on how you define 'success'. As folks who have played MMOs for more than 10 years can tell you, that definition has changed drastically over the last 5-6 years. By some people's estimation, Grey Dog isn't successful, after all.

A Tale in the Desert is a very successful MMO, even if it doesn't have the sheer numbers of World of Warcraft (as an example of scale).

I think this could be successful in a 'profitable' sense. As long as it finds a following of people willing to pay for it, it'll do fine.

I am not really thinking of the scale of WoW (obviously), if i can have some fun and make a good regular income from it i will be happy, making a game like this could take a year or more to code (judging from my current game) and a good 30k in costs (minimum), so it will need to generate around 2-3k monthly to worth looking into it

Link to the wrestling game thread in the dog pound

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25773

i played that game and that is not what i mean, that is not a wrestling game really, i mean it does not play similar to real wrestling, it is really just a fighting game where you train your guy, very time consuming.

mine will be slow paced and feel like wrestling, with booking and ratings, hype and so on

I am not really thinking of the scale of WoW (obviously), if i can have some fun and make a good regular income from it i will be happy, making a game like this could take a year or more to code (judging from my current game) and a good 30k in costs (minimum), so it will need to generate around 2-3k monthly to worth looking into it

It would do that easily. If you could get it onto an emerging platform (say Facebook), it would do 10-20x that. With all the various distribution channels available to small/indy games nowadays, that figure might be a bit low IMO.

Archived