Ed Leslie

justtxyank

How bad was this guy? To be honest, I can't say I can actually remember his work in a single match. I know he is pretty much universally trashed, but is that because he was a Hogan leech or was it because he was awful in the ring AND a Hogan leech?

Was he average? Above average? Below average? Horrible? The worst worker ever? If you gave him TEW grades, what would they be?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ACCBiggz" data-cite="ACCBiggz" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26877" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pssh, Brutus Beefcake was good. He did some decent work in the mid 80's with The Dream Team and afterwards. And his entrance music still makes me strut.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't know I'd say he was particularly good. Not in the ring anyway. His best talent was the character work. But all the stuff about how the Barber stunk strikes me as folks saying what they want to believe because of the Hogan connection. Well that and the character jumping. The fact he couldn't really hold on to a persona after he left the WWF and the barber shtick behind sure made him look bad. Essentially a case of knowing too much working against you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="justtxyank" data-cite="justtxyank" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26877" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So a C level worker? D level worker?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> for a mod?</p><p> </p><p> before the accident ( i think happened around 90 - 92 ) low mid to low C's after accident (basically anytime in wcw) low C's to high D's</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="justtxyank" data-cite="justtxyank" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26877" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So a C level worker? D level worker?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd say D level. He wasn't as bad as people make out, but that doesn't mean he was good. Definately wouldn't say C, even back in the 80's.</p>

<p>I remember thinking he was great as a kid. However, by the time he showed up in WCW as Brother Bruti (not spelled right), Zodiac, The Man With No Name, etc. I hated him.</p><p> </p><p>

That being said pre-accident I thought he was average, post-accident not so good.</p>

Archived