Death of the Territories?

<p>I will say that converting 2008 gave me some weird things. I haven't tested it or anything, I only started a game as World Class but I did notice that WWF didn't go after hogan (they did sign piper, ventura, and michael hayes* as always)</p><p> </p><p>

*I didn't lose him either, he's on PPA for both of us, but in TEW2008 I always lost him once he signed with them.</p><p> </p><p>

WWF also lost Backlund (still Champ) and Slaughter to AWA. I never saw that happen before.</p><p> </p><p>

It could be just a once in a while database thing I dunno. I do know that for me Dick Murdoch vs Kevin Von Erich and Manny Fernandes vs Dick Slater is tearing up.</p>

I will say that converting 2008 gave me some weird things. I haven't tested it or anything, I only started a game as World Class but I did notice that WWF didn't go after hogan (they did sign piper, ventura, and michael hayes* as always)

*I didn't lose him either, he's on PPA for both of us, but in TEW2008 I always lost him once he signed with them.

WWF also lost Backlund (still Champ) and Slaughter to AWA. I never saw that happen before.

It could be just a once in a while database thing I dunno. I do know that for me Dick Murdoch vs Kevin Von Erich and Manny Fernandes vs Dick Slater is tearing up.

From the games I've played with converted data, I think it has to do with the starting momentum. Since AWA and WWF are so similar in size, if AWA starts out with monster momentum they can snatch wrestlers away. All of the promotions probably default to random with the conversion so you can set them up however you like. I also suggest using narratives to shape the world how you like as well.

Also, set the hiring rules for the promotions as well...you can tailor them to real life.

The reason you don't lose Hayes though is because WCCW is only hostile (I think) towards WWF. Unless it's a war situation or they get signed to a written deal, you won't lose them (i.e. if JYD gets picked up by WWF he stays in Mid South).

• 3 weeks later...
From the games I've played with converted data, I think it has to do with the starting momentum. Since AWA and WWF are so similar in size, if AWA starts out with monster momentum they can snatch wrestlers away. All of the promotions probably default to random with the conversion so you can set them up however you like. I also suggest using narratives to shape the world how you like as well.

Also, set the hiring rules for the promotions as well...you can tailor them to real life.

The reason you don't lose Hayes though is because WCCW is only hostile (I think) towards WWF. Unless it's a war situation or they get signed to a written deal, you won't lose them (i.e. if JYD gets picked up by WWF he stays in Mid South).

Can anyone make some suggestions on these settings?

Where would you set the momentum for the promotions?

How would you set the hiring rules for promotions?

How would you use the narratives?

Is there anything that happens in conversion you would alter?

Back a few weeks (months?) ago, some guy came on asking about DOTT.

It quickly snowballed into him trashing D. Boon's Ghost and the development team for being "too secretive." Everyone declared that he was cutting a heel promo, and that's where we're at now. He insisted that if it came out for 2010 it would be because he "cut a promo" that apparently whipped everyone into shape.

Somewhat ironically, most everyone in the thread ended up getting their panties in a bunch -- except D. Boon's Ghost, who joked that he had posted the thread himself so that he could get complements from the community.

Back a few weeks (months?) ago, some guy came on asking about DOTT.

It quickly snowballed into him trashing D. Boon's Ghost and the development team for being "too secretive." Everyone declared that he was cutting a heel promo, and that's where we're at now. He insisted that if it came out for 2010 it would be because he "cut a promo" that apparently whipped everyone into shape.

Somewhat ironically, most everyone in the thread ended up getting their panties in a bunch -- except D. Boon's Ghost, who joked that he had posted the thread himself so that he could get complements from the community.

I apologize if I stirred up the pot. I didn't mean to do that.

I didn't realize that there was development work underway for a new version of DOTT.

I wouldn't criticize D. Boone's Ghost. He's the finest mod maker I know. I've spoken to him by IM and he's also a great guy. I'm certain that when his updated version of DOTT comes out, it will be excellent.

I just wanted to ask fellow players what they've been doing with the new features of TEW10 in the meantime, so I can experiment. I merely wanted opinions on what you did with these new settings. I'm not quite sure to how work with them.

Oh, no. I wouldn't accuse you of anything like that! Not before I knew you "had it in you," at least.

I was just telling the story of the last time the question got asked to explain Tommy's comment.

Thanks, Linsolv.

So, we can just move ahead now and talk about what we've been doing with with DOTT in TEW10? Just share with each other?

• 1 month later...

It doesn't seem like any work's being done on it, unfortunately. I was working on my own version, set the masks and hair, came up with some new storylines and angles...etc and it's really playable. I've been tweaking it here and there.

If Boon has no problem with it, I'd be happy to post it here for everyone.

P.S. that dude claimed he was cutting a promo. That's why it was funny.

It doesn't seem like any work's being done on it, unfortunately. I was working on my own version, set the masks and hair, came up with some new storylines and angles...etc and it's really playable. I've been tweaking it here and there.

If Boon has no problem with it, I'd be happy to post it here for everyone.

P.S. that dude claimed he was cutting a promo. That's why it was funny.

Send him a PM, find out what he thinks.

I could have sworn he was going to do one for 2010 though.

That's what I remember hearing from promo-cutting land. That the "sinister cabal" or whatever he called them sent a delegate to the UN -- I mean, the GDS forums, and said that they were working on something this time around.

But my memory could be bad.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WV RiffRaff
I didn't know there was a DOTT for TEW 08. There isn't one on bobinc's site. Can somebody provide a link to it?

Archived