BHOTWG- Stepping into the Inferno

UTL: The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) vs Black Heart Flying Squadron (Kiyaru & Scorpion)

Rebellion lost their first match so they must win this one and as much as I like Black Heart Flying Squadron they don´t really have any change here

UTL: Rapid Danger (Iesada & Pathlow) vs Black Magic (Taira & Masuno)

I go with draw here as it would be enough to keep Rapid Danger near the top but also won´t totally eliminate Black Magic from the compatition.

UTL: Explosive Tension (Sanda & Okazaki) vs Wild Fire (Toshusai & Onodera)

Sanda and Okazaki continue to show that RAGE is back in full force.

Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Tadiyuki Kikkawa vs Sensational Dragon vs Black Cobra

Obviously, this is between Nakasawa and Kikkawa. I say that Kikkawa picks a win in order to boost his already big ego that will likely lead to death of INSPARE and also Kikkawa could claim that he should be the champ and possibly finally setting a title match between him and Nakasawa.

Fuganaga, Shibanumo, Shiomi & VENOM vs Macho, Mystic, Yasujiro & Kurofuji

This one is pretty open as both stables could use the win here but I go with RAGE as I feel that they need it slightly more.

Elemental III, Masuko, Shiraishi & Kawate vs Kataoaka, Sotomura, Yoshikawa, O'Curle

Masuko and Elemental III would win this one even if it´s 2 vs. 4

Horri, Kokan & Konda vs American Optimus, Super Joshuya & Shikitei

Horri is by far the biggest name here

The Incredible Koyama & Nisso Yuasha

Now that Koyama isn´t a young lion anymore this could go either way. I know you aren´t a huge fan of Yuasha but I still go with him mainly because personally I like him more than Koyama.

Gareth Wayne vs Tiger Fuyuki

Wayne gets to look dangerous here and get a win over Toger the Jobber.

Red Panther vs White Samurai

I think that White Samurai is still a young lion so no wins fot him.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UTL: The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) vs Black Heart Flying Squadron (Kiyaru & Scorpion)

Elemental III, Masuko, Shiraishi & Kawate vs Kataoaka, Sotomura, Yoshikawa, O'Curle

Can't see Rebellion dropping two in a row

Whereas the mullets can afford to lose

looks like WildFire's push has burnt out

I see Kikkawa winning, because eventually he and Nakasawa have to go head to head. Black Cobra takes the pin because he is 'too good' for all the extracurricular antics of this match

More long term value on this side

Named team and title contenders over jobber group

Horri is the winning factor here

Isn't Incredible still a young lion?

sushi stand matches

UTL: Explosive Tension(Sanda & Okazaki) vs Wild Fire (Toshusai & Onodera)

I'm going to be sooooooooooo wrong this time around.

- BHFS won't win the UTL but I like the story line of The Rebellion digging themselves out of an early hole while the Junior Tag Team champs take a shock 2-0 record at this point.

- Rapid Danger stumble becoming a touch over-confident and find out it isn't always easy to stay at the top of the Burning Hammer.

- I'll give this to Wild Fire because I think (maybe) that means BHFS is momentarily at the top of the UTL! Which is what I want. Even though I know it won't last.

- A screw it. I know I'm wrong, but I really WANT a shock upset here. I think Kikkawa won't take the pin (nor will Nakasawa) but they won't contest the Juniors stealing the win (and the show) in a relatively meaningless match.

- I can't, not vote for the Macho Universe.

- Sorry not Sekigun. Even with a rare 'non-dark' sighting of the Snow Lizzards, they're still picking up the win.

- Not even AO cheatin' like a MoFo can they hope to top Size of the Horri.

- Uh, if this is an *AND* match I'll vote for ??? Otherwise I'm going with Koyama. =D Although the Incredible Baby Elephant is as least as good as Silver Dragon Feet as a team name.

- Keep the American Psycho strong in the dark. He's got a Tiger by the tail!

- It an all Japan match-up as the Red and the White square off. The War of the Roses this isn't.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BHOTWG-1.jpg?t=1268427909

Combustion Tour- Show 6-

First Blast: Second Shot!!

(Mon 20th September 2010)

Kunamoto Sports Field, Kyushu (4'400)

Pre-Show

Match A: Gareth Wayne vs Tiger Fuyuki

Complete domination by the 'American Bastard' from start to finish, with the Sure Bet (Neckbreaker Slam) sealing the victory for BHB's gaijin 'bully' in just a little over two and a half minutes.

Result: Gareth Wayne [w] bt Tiger Fuyuki [L] in 2:39 via pinfall (Sure Bet)

Rating: C-

Match B: Red Panther vs White Samurai

This Junior Division match, was a more evenly battled contest than the previous pre-show offering, though the more heavily fancied Red Panther always looked to be a step ahead. The finish came when Samurai, who had managed to seize control briefly mistimed his Katana Slice (Springboard Lariat) and instead found himself on the receiving end of Panther's Red Mist (Dropsault/Superkick) sequence on his way to yet another loss.

Result: Red Panther [w] bt White Samurai [L] in 6:14 via pinfall (Red Mist)

Rating: C-

Main Show

Match #1: Mitsunari Fuganaga, Toshiki Shibanumo, Yoshii Shiomi & VENOM vs

Mister Macho, Barei Yasujro, Haru Kurofuji & Mystic Dragon

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MitsunariFugunaga.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ToshikiShibanumo-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Venom-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YoshiiShiomi-1.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_EijiHamacho_jhdMacho1.jpg?t=1294616716http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BaireiYasujiro-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HaruKurofuji.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MysticDragon.jpg?t=1295655891

Eight man tag action opened the show with RAGE taking on Macho-Universe. The early going saw Macho-Universe's trio of Super Juniors make an early impact with a trio of dives to the floor, wiping out RAGE in the process, which opened up an early opportunity for Mister Macho to earn the victory when he turned VENOM inside out with a MACHO LARIAT (Running Lariat), but Shiomi managed to intervene with a senton splash.

The RAGE quartet then gradually crept their back into the match and eventually were able to isolate Mystic Dragon. However Dragon managed to kick out of the German Suplex Hold from Fuganaga, and then avoided a Running Knee Drive from 'Mr Serious' and coutering with a Dragon screw legwhip.

After Mystic Dragon managed to tag out, the match then swung back and forth with near-falls for both teams, however in the end it was Macho-Universe who were able to maintain the advantage right until the end, managing to isolate Toshiki Shibanumo..who gut levelled with a Macho Lariat before Barei Yasujiro came crashing down upon 'Silent Rage' with the MIGHTY MOUSE AIR ATTACK (Sky Twister Press).

Result: Mister Macho, Barei Yasujro [w], Haru Kurofuji & Mystic Dragon bt Mitsunari Fuganaga, Toshiki Shibanumo [L], Yoshii Shiomi & VENOM via pinfall in 12:39 (Mighty Mouse Air Attack)

Rating: C

Onodera's Assesment: This wasn't bad at all, but an 8 man tag between two teams of lower tier and midcard workers is never going to fill the fans with too much excitement. Macho-Universe went over here as they need to establish themselves as a stable, then again I will admit that RAGE without their top two of Sanda-san and Okazaki-san, will always have that stench of 'glorified jobber' about them until they earn more victories.

Post Match Comments:

Mister Macho: This Macho-Universe thing is giving me a good vibe

Barei Yasujiro: I told you we could be a force

Mister Macho: Certainly brother, certainly

Barei Yasujiro: Oh we didn't get together just to make up the numbers...

Mister Macho: OOH YEAHHH !! You got that right brother.....

Mitsunari Fuganaga: Damn it, we really should be doing better than this, how the hell did we lose to that ramshackle across the ring to us. Oh I know why.....

Fuganaga shoots a glance towards the man who ending up being pinned, Toshiki Shibanumo....

'Silent Rage' Shibanumo as ever says nothing....

Mitsunari Fuganaga: Well ain't you gonna say anything !!

Shibanumo just storms off....

Mitsunari Fuganaga: He's really dragging us down !

Yoshii Shiomi: Look leave it Fuganaga-san, Shibanumo-san know's he failed us...

Mitsunari Fuganaga: But......

Yoshii Shiomi: Just leave it......

Match #2: Ultimate Tag League:

Wild Fire (Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Onodera) vs

Explosive Tension (Chuichi Sanda & Masaaki Okazaki)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadakuniToshusai_USPW1.jpg & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TakayukiAvatar.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ChuichiSanda-1.jpg& http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MasaakiOkazaki.jpg

The first UTL match see's Wild Fire looking to get their first points on the board up against Explosive Tension, who are looking to build on their opening night victory.

The opening exchanges between both sides are evenly contested, with neither side really seizing any noticeable advantage. Things move up a gear round the five minute mark when Sanda goes for the Explosion Kick II (Spin Kick) on Onodera, but the 'Iron Man' was able to duck...rock Sanda with a roaring elbow and then plant 'Explosive' with the O2 SUPLEX (Bridging German Suplex).....

Luckily for Sanda, Okazaki was able to intervene....Toshusai rushed into the ring too at that stage but he only served to tie up the attentions of referee Koetsu Shinozaki and Explosive Tension took full advantage of the situation, wiping out Onodera with the Chop Block/Spin Kick combo.

Onodera was able to kick out but Explosive Tension were now in full control, isolating Onodera in their corner, as Toshusai looked on in frustration desperate to get tagged back into the match. The pace of the match slowed down considerably as ET took a methodical approach to wearing down Onodera, focusing on the back in particular. A Uranage backbreaker from Sanda followed by a second rope guillotine diving knee drop from Okazaki brought a two count, before Okazaki then decided to turn over Onodera into the CENTURY CRAB LIFT (Leglock Cloverleaf)......

Onodera however still had something left in the tank and was able to force himself and Okazaki over to the ropes. Onodera looked 'spent' however and when Okazaki tagged Sanda back in, it looked to be all over as Sanda set up for an Exploder Suplex but Onodera was able to block the Exploder and plant the former Raging Bull with a side slam.

Okazaki then got back into the ring clubbing Onodera from behind, as the 'Iron Man' looked to get the tag to Toshusai. 'No Mercy' then whipped Onodera back into the 'Explosive Tension' corner then came charging in but Onodera was able to side-step out of the way and then nail Okazaki with the END OF YOU (Roaring elbow to the back of the head), then taking Sanda down with a clothesline...before finally tagging Toshusai back into the match.

'Wild Charisma' cleaned house , taking down both members of Explosive Tension with a flurry of clotheslines. Toshusai then nailed Sanda with the SHOCK KICK (Bicycle Kick)........

One......

Two.....

Thr.....

Sanda kicked out, but Toshusai then quickly applied the double underhook and then planted Sanda across his knee with the SHOCK TREATMENT (Double Underhook Backbreaker)........

One......

Two.....

Thr......

This time Okazaki was there to intervene, stomping away on Toshusai. 'Wild Charisma' then fired away on Okazaki, whipping 'No Mercy' into the ropes and then going for the SHOCK KICK , but Okazaki managed to move out of the way and Toshusai briefly got tangled up in the ropes before Okazaki took 'Wild Charisma's' legs out from underneath with a basement drop kick.

Okazaki then tried to quickly turn Toshusai over into the CENTURY CRAB LIFT but was quickly kicked off and through the ropes to the floor, however when Wild Charisma hobbled back up he staggered right into an EXPLOSION KICK II (Spin Kick) from Sanda. Toshusai somehow managed to stay on his feet that time, but was quickly taken down when Okazaki rolled back into the ring and Explosive Tension combined once again with the Chop Block/Spin Kick combo.......

One......

Two......

Thr......

Onodera dived back in to make the save, but was quickly despatched to the outside by Sanda. Sanda followed Onodera out of the floor, whipping the 'Iron Man' into the guard-rail, as Okazaki continued to focus on Toshusai. 'Wild Charisma' tried to battle his way back up to his feet but the flurry was quickly cut off and 'No Mercy' followed up with the OKAZAKI KICK BARRAGE (Shoot Kick Flurry).....

One......

Two.......

Toshusai defiantly kicked out and then gave Okazaki his customary double bird gesture, before willdy swinging away at 'No Mercy' with lefts and rights. 'Wild Charisma' was beginning to build up momentum and put Okazaki on the back foot, but Sanda rolled back in and then nailed Toshusai with the EXPLOSION KICK (Running Boot)......

Somehow 'Wild Charisma' managed to stay on his feet , but was then planted with a DOUBLE TEAM EXPLODER SUPLEX !!

One.......

Two......

Thr.......

Onodera dived in at the last split second to save the match for Wild Fire. The 'Iron Man' was quickly despatched to the outside again, as Sanda and Okazaki dragged Toshusai back up to a vertical base....once agian they were setting up for the Double Team Exploder......but this time Toshusai held his ground and then took both members of Explosive Tension over with a double snap suplex.......

Sanda got right back up and went to nail Toshusai with the EXPLOSION KICK II but instead accidently nailed Okazaki with it instead...'Wild Charisma' then planted Sanda with the SPINE SHOCKER (Spinebuster).....

Sanda then managed to kick out of a weak cover from Toshsuai after a two count, but was then taken down with a clothesline and 'Wild Charisma' managed to tag out to Onodera.

Onodera then delivered a boot into Sanda's mid-section and then twisted Sanda round into the Inverted Facelock and then drill Sanda into the canvas with the CALL THE DOCTOR (Inverted facelock lifted Scoop Slam Piledriver).......

One.......

Two.....

Thr......

Okazaki dived across to make the save, but before 'No Mercy' could follow up he was quickly taken down with a SHOCK KICK (Bicycle Kick) from Toshusai.....

Wild Fire then turned their attentions back to Sanda.....Toshusai lifted Sanda up with a Wheelbarrow , before Onodera planted Sanda into the canvas with a cutter, as Wild Fire pulled off their 8 WAY SANTA double team combination.......

Onodera then made the cover

One......

Two......

Okazaki was back up to make the save, but 'No Mercy' was quickly cut off by Toshusai.....

Three !!!

Wild Fire were on the board and their hopes of winning the UTL had come alive once again.

Result: Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Onodera [w] bt Chuichi Sanda [L] & Masaaki Okazaki in 16:08 via pinfall (8 Way Santa)

Rating: B

Onodera's Assessment: A good tag match between myself and Toshusai san against Explosive Tension. The focus once again, very much became about Toshusai-san's resillience and never say die attitude, but it's a formula that very much plays to his strengths.

Post Match Comments:

Takayuki Onodera: I know that some people out there were already writing off our chances, after just one match but Wild Fire...

Tadakuni Toshusai: YESS !! WIILD FIIIIIRRRRRE!!!

Takayuki Onodera: Can become the winners of the UTL.

Masaaki Okazaki: So much for setting a winning example for the rest of the guys in RAGE, we can bounce, no in fact we will bounce back from this though.

Match #3: Nisso Yuasha vs The Incredible Koyama

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_NisshoYuasa-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_IncredibleKoyama1.jpg

This big man vs little man match up would normally feature on the pre-show as neither has done much of late, however they get an opportunity here in front of the Prime Japan TV camera's filming for Ironclad to impress on the main show.

Koyama was able to use his agility and speed to keep the 'Baby Elephant' off balance in the early going but he was unable to take Yuasha off his feet and one clothesline from Yuasha changed the momentum of the match. Koyama had enough resistance to survive a bodyslam/legdrop combo, but looked to be in his last legs when Yuasha whipped him into the corner. The 'Baby Elephant' then charged in to connect with the Elephant Stampede (Body Avalanche) but Koyama managed to move out of the way, and then stun Yuasha with a Gamengiri.

A basement drop kick finally took Yuasha off a vertical base, before Koyama followed up with the TOP THIS (Standing Corkscrew Moonsault) for a two count, before heading up to the top turnbuckle, but before 'Deadly Air' could launch himself off for the Air Koyama...Yuasha picked himself back up and 'conveniently' staggered against the ring ropes, causing Koyama to lose his footing. Yuasha then scooped the crotched Koyama up off the top turnbuckle and sent 'Deadly Air' crashing to the canvas with the THUNDER DROP (Gorilla Press Powerslam)....Koyama showed fighting spirit by kicking out of that, but he had no fight left and Yuasha moved into finish the job with the QUAKE BOMB (Elevated Powerbomb).

Result: Nisso Yuasha [w] bt The Incredible Koyama [L] in 6:37 via pinfall (Quake Bomb)

Rating: C+

Onodera's Assessment: To be honest much of the crowd used this match as a refreshment break, because lets be honest here, Yuasha has be de-pushed and Koyama has yet to become particularly relevant. However to their credit they put on a pretty decent little man/big man here with Yuasha's size and power overcoming Koyama's speed and fighting spirit on this occassion.

Post Match Comments:

Nisso Yuasha: The Baby Elephant is tired of being ignored, the Baby Elephant will destroy all those who stand before him!

Match #4: Elemental III, Marihito Masuko, Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate vs

Roku Sotomura, Masutaro Kataoka, Stone Yoshikawa & Merle O'Curle

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalIII.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SanetomoShiraishi-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SessueKawate.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_RokuSotomura.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MasutaroKataoka.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_StoneYoshikawa.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MerleOCurle_alt.jpg?t=1295655891

There's a neat technical wrestling exchanage at the start of this match between Elemental III and Merle O'Curle that plays off their recent singles encounter, and the Irishman gets the better of the 'Third Generation Icon' almost nabbing the victory early with the St.Patrick's Cradle.

Sadly for O'Curle and the rest of the 'pre-show crew' that's as close as they come to pulling out the upset against the Sekigun quartet. Snow Lizzard almost nab a rare main show victory for themselves when they plant Yoshikawa with the SL SNAPPER (Russian Legsweep/Neckbreaker combo) but Kataoka managed to make the save. Moments later however Kataoka was forced to tap out to Elemental III's ANKLE HOLDO.

Result: Elemental III [w], Marihito Masuko, Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate vs Roku Sotomura, Masutaro Kataoka [L], Stone Yoshikawa & Merle O'Curle in 10:43 via submission (Ankle Holdo).

Rating: C+

Onodera's Assessment: This wasn't quite a squash but the result was never going to be in doubt. Kataoka-san was the obvious choice to do the job here, as he is on his way out of Burning Hammer.

Match #5: Ultimate Tag League:

Black Magic (Yasunobu Masuno & Yasuhiko Taira) vs

Rapid Danger (Tasuku Iesada & John Pathlow)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasunobuMasuno-1.jpg?t=1268429402 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasuhikoTaira-1.jpg?t=1268429453

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TasukuIesada.jpg & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HellMonkey_alt2.jpg

The second UTL match of the night, see's Rapid Danger looking to build on their surprise win over The Rebellion, against Black Magic who will be motivated to get some points on the board after falling to defeat in their opening match.

The early exchanges see's Black Magic, simply overpower Rapid Danger, using their considerable size advantage to take control of the match and isolate John Pathlow, the smallest man in the match in their corner. The former tag champions however get a little too comfortable with the situation and Pathlow fights his way out of a vertical suplex from Taira, before stunning the 'Bulldozer' with a jumping high kick. That see's Pathlow try to make is way across the ring to make the tag but he is cut off by Masuno, who re-seizes control for Black Magic.

A double team biel throw from Black Magic into their corner, is soon followed by Taira's FLATTENER (Running Lariat into the corner)......

It looked to be all over right there, but Pathlow had enough prescence of mind to get his foot on the bottom rope. Masuno then lifted the groggy Pathlow upon his shoulders, setting up for the DAY OF RACKENING (Argentine Backbreaker Rack) but Pathlow managed to counter into a crucifix bomb and then nail Masuno with a running knee strike, before being levelled with a clothesline from Taira.

Taira then whipped Pathlow into the corner and looked to set up for the WRECKING BALL (Muscle Buster) but Pathlow fought off the attempt. At that point Iesada managed to slide into the ring, and then combine with a missile drop-kick/chop block combo to take Taira down. Taira kicked out at two, as referee Umeki looked to restore some order by immediately sending Iesada back to his corner.

Taira then re-seized control against Pathlow, before tossing 'Rapid Fire' overhead with the SAMSON SLAM (Pumphandle Fallaway slam) but the hard hitting gaijin junior, immediately popped right back up and then with one last burst of energy stunned 'the Bulldozer' with the BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA (Running Leaping Side Kick).....

That was enough for Pathlow to finally get Iesada, legally tagged back into the match before Taira could tag out to Masuno. Iesada re-announced himself to Taira with a running knee strike for a two count, before quickly locking on the IESADA SPECIAL (Bridging Cross Arm Breaker)......

Masuno however made sure Taira wasn't about to tap out, sliding back into the ring to stomp away on Iesada. After Masuno was sent back to his corner, as Umeki steadfastly tried to keep order. Taira and Iesada exchanged strikes, with the brawling exchange favouring Taira, until Iesada kicked away at the arm and then applied an arm wringer to Taira, before tagging Pathlow back in, who came crashing down upon Taira's arm with a double stomp, that was then followed by a drop toe hold/basement drop-kick combo for a two count, before Pathlow headed up top, as Iesada stood guard against Masuno.

But Taira dug down and picked himself up off the mat, rocking Pathlow with a fore-arm smash before attempting to set up for the Wrecking Ball once again....Iesada however quickly saw this and battered Taira with a series of fore-arms, before being levelled with a clothesline to the back of the head by Masuno.

'The Hammer' then tossed Iesada out of the ring, before combing with a double team version of Masuno's own AVALANCE POWERBOMB (Elevated Powerbomb)......

One.....

Two.....

Thr.......

Iesada dived back into the ring at the last second to make the save, but was soon sent back outside, with a clothesline from Taira, who then noticeably clutched at his arm.

That didn't seem to stop Black Magic from being in the ascendency though, as they set up for the DEVASTATOR (Flapjack/Cutter Comination) but the signature double team of Black Magic broke down, as Taira failed to lift Pathlow up, once again clutching at his arm.

Pathlow managed to slide out and then stun Masuno with a jumping high kick, before Iesada slide back into the ring and took Taira down with a chop block. Taira staggered back up to his feet but Rapid Danger immediately followed up with stereo basement drop-kicks.....

Iesada then placed Taira in the IESADA SPECIAL, whilst Pathlow neutralised Masuno with the Kimura Lock. Taira looked to set to tap out but referee Umeki rightly pointed out that Iesada was not the legal man.

Order was once again restored with the two legal men of Taira and Pathlow left in the ring.....Taira however was a one armed man, and after a mid-ring collision Pathlow levelled 'the Bulldozer' with the APOCALYSPE LARIAT (Rebound Pendulum Lariat), as Iesada managed to keep Masuno at bay.....

One......

Two......

Three !!!

Rapid Danger's continue to impress in the UTL, whilst Black Magic's challenge already looks to be in serious jeopardy.

Result: Tasuku Iesada & John Pathlow [w] bt Yasuhiko Taira [L] & Yasunobu Masuno in 15:54 via pinfall (Apocalypse Lariat)

Onodera's Assessment: This was never going to be up to the quality of Rapid Danger's, match with The Rebellion but this was still a very solid, smartly wrestled match with Black Magic made to look dominant for much of the match but Rapid Danger finding a way to win, with the arm work on Taira-san, particularly coming home to roost for the INSPIRE pair.

Post Match Comments:

Tasuku Iesada: Kikkawa-san, I hope you were watching this, I really do.....because me and Pathlow-san are O and two ! We will make you believe in us, because we will win the UTL and then I'm going to show you that I am in fact better than you by taking the King of Fighters belt from around your waist. You see I'm not trying to screw you over or anything Kikkawa-san, I'm telling you straight up what I'm going to do, and I WILL do it.

Yasunobu Masuno: Our failure tonight, has nothing do with Rapid Danger being better than us, they got lucky...no our failure is because Taira-san and I have other things on our minds, the same thing in fact and that's eliminating that irritation called Wild Fire for good!!

Match #6: Kinnojo Horri, Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda vs

American Optimus, Super Joshuya & Omezo Shiketei

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri_jhdTiger11.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HyosukeKokan-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KansukeKonda-1.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BlackEagle_alt5.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SuperJoshuya-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_OmezoShikitei.jpg

The Sekigun trio make the much faster start, with Size of the Fight wiping out the Dragon Feet 2K9 representatives with their trademark suicide dives to the floor. That left Super Joshuya in trouble early, and the match looked like it would be all over when the Nippon Luchadore was planted into the mat with a Horri Spinebuster. American Optimus however was able to break up the pin attempt, and then sneaked in a low blow on Horri, before attempting a flash roll-up that was however waived off by referee Shinozaki.

The match settled down with BHOTWG debutant Omezo Shikitei stepping in against Hyosuke Kokan, and the Hinote Dojo graduate was able to outmanouevre the Electric Live-Wire in a mat wrestling exchange, that saw 'Ice Heart' snare Kokan in an STF. Kokan however managed to battle his way to the ropes and then managed to battle his way back to his corner to get the tag into Kansuke Konda.

Konda stepped up the tempo, immediately putting Shiketei on the back foot, the 'Big Fight Player' then lined up for a Lariat but was tripped up from the apron by American Optimus, turning the momentum of the match back in the favour of the Dragon Feet trio.

Optimus and Shiketei then worked over Konda in their corner, but Super Joshuya had noticeably stepped down from the apron, clearly wanting no part of tagging with Optimus, whose preference for using short-cuts Joshuya had grown tiresome of. Optimus noticed that Joshuya was refusing to join himself and Shikitei in order to wear down Konda in their corner.....

Shiketei thought he had his big moment, planting Konda with a German Suplex Hold but Optimus and Joshuya's focus on each other saw them fail to defend Kokan from diving in to make the save.

In fact all of a sudden Shiketei found himself isolated in the ring, as Optimus and Joshuya were too focused with each other, as the war of words got into a shoving match at ringside. Shiketei battled against the odds as much as he can, getting the knees up to prevent Kokan from connecting with the Foreshock (Flipping Senton Bomb) but he was unable to prevent Kokan from tagging out to Horri. 'Mr One Million Per Cent Burning Hammer' dominated the Hinote Dojo graduate before putting away Shikitei with the HURRICANE SPINEBUSTER (Spinning Spinebuster), as Optimum Impact's relationship continued to melt down before the BHOTWG fans eyes.

Result: Kinnojo Horri [w], Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda vs American Optimus, Super Joshuya & Omezo Shikitei [L] in 11:53 via pinfall (Hurricane Spinebuster)

Onodera's Assessment: For a throwaway midcard match, this was booked well enough to highlight what really needed to be highlighted and capture the interest of the fans....Horri-san as the number one contender to the world championship was booked strong and dominant whenever he was in the ring, and though Shiketei as the debutant was the one who ended up eating the pin for his team he was allowed to have a strong debut in terms of ring time. Finally the strained relationship between Optimum Impact, looks like it is about to snap.

Post Match Comments:

Kinnojo Horri: Winning is a good habit to get into and for sure our opponents tonight had a meltdown but you can only beat what's in front of you.

Kansuke Konda: The winning habit is something myself and Kokan-san need to be getting into more, because our sights are still set on capturing the Junior Tag Team Championship.

Meanwhile the interview time for Optimum Impact and Omezo Shiketei has descended into a shoving match, with the recent Hinote Dojo graduate attempting to be peace maker between Optimus and Joshuya....that's when senior Dragon Feet 2K9 members The Rebellion walk in......

Shimedzu: Will you two stop it !

Super Joshuya: But, I just can't.......

Shimedzu: Joshuya-san I don't care, you and Optimus-san had a good thing going on here....you were poised.....

Super Joshuya: Don't you think.....

Miyamae: Let Shimedzu-san finish

Shimedzu: Well you were poised to be a real force in the Junior Tag ranks but your petty squabling has de-railed that......

Super Joshuya: It's because Optimus-san keeps chea.....

American Optimus: Look I'm only trying to win and sometimes you need to take the necessary shortcuts.....

Shimedzu: Joshuya-san, no one is perfect......

Super Joshuya: So that's the way it's going to be is it, your endorsing.....

Shimedzu: I am doing nothing of the sort, because whilst we appreciate Optimus-san's drive to suceed, we do not appreciate his cheap methods......

Miyamae: What we are proposing here to either of you, is prove to us that you can win by team-work, because we know you can do it. Otherwise we will be forced to dispel either one of you from Dragon Feet 2K9.....

Super Joshuya: That's not something I want, I feel like I fit in with this group.....

American Optimus: I still want to be a part of Dragon Feet too....

Shimedzu: Well work it out, and get back on the same page!

Match #7: ~Aces High~ 4 Corner Survival:

Black Cobra vs Hiroaki Nakasawa vs

Sensational Dragon vs Tadiyuki Kikkawa

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DuaneStone_alt1.jpg ___ http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/HiroakiNakasawa-1.jpg?t=1268429324

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon_jhd21.jpg ___ http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadiyukiKikkawa.jpg

The semi main event saw the BHOTWG fans in Kyushu being treated to a star studded four corners match, featuring the three singles champions in Burning Hammer plus the best Junior Heavyweight in BHOTWG history yet to win the Junior Championship (according to popular opinion among BHOTWG fans, despite the fact that for most of his time in Japan Cobra has been portrayed as a despised heel).

Sensational Dragon and Black Cobra kicked things off, treating the fans to a masterclass of chain wrestling that ended in a stale mate. Dragon then tagged Nakasawa into the match, but when Cobra went to tag in Kikkawa, the King of Fighters hopped off the apron. Nakasawa wanted Kikkawa and didn't really want to lock up with Cobra. Cobra wanted no part of the stale mate and nailed Nakasawa with a drop-kick but the World Champion got right back up and then levelled Cobra with a clothesline.

Nakasawa was desperate to get his hands on Kikkawa however and stepped out of the ring to do so, Cobra picked himself back up of his feet however and launched himself at both Nakasawa and Kikkawa with a suicide dive. Sensational Dragon then climbed to the top turnbuckle, before launching himself off to come crashing down upon all his opponents with a moonsault press.

Cobra and Dragon climbed back into the ring, with the Junior Champion looking to nail Cobra with a superkick but Canadian Darkness manages to duck the attempt and then take Dragon's legs out with a legsweep before looking turn the Junior Champion over into the STONE HOLD, but Dragon managed to block and then kick Cobra off. Dragon then connected with a leg lariat, and then planted Cobra with a snap suplex before heading up top. The Sensational One however was cut off by Kikkawa, who rocked Dragon with a fore-arm smash and then scooped the Junior Champion upon his shoulders. Cobra however was back up nailing Kikkawa with a drop-kick, and inadvertanly pulling off a drop-kick/crucifix bomb double team with Dragon.

Cobra broke up the pin from Dragon, and then snapped off a spinning head-scissors take down that he immediately transitioned into the ALABASTER AGONY (Leg Hook Spinning Headscissors) Arm Bar but a refreshed Hiroaki Nakasawa dived back into the ring to break up the submission. Nakasawa then delivered a double clothesline to both Cobra and Dragon, before taking Cobra down with the NAKASAWA NECKBREAKER (Inverted Swinging Neckbreaker), Canadian Darkness managed to roll out of the ring.....

Nakasawa then turned his attentions to the Junior Champion but was stunned with a super-kick, before Dragon tried to set up for the Dragon Slice, but Nakasawa managed to block the attempt and then crotched the Sensational One on the top turnbuckle. Nakasawa then set up for the SUPER H-BOMB (Crucifix Superbomb) but before he could deliver the move Kikkawa rolled back into the ring and nailed Nakasawa with a running lariat into the corner. Kikkawa then unleashed a flurry of chops on Nakasawa before looking to whip the world champion into the opposite corner, only for Sensational Dragon to launched himself off the top turnbuckle and take Nakasawa and Kikkawa with a double missile drop-kick.

Both Nakasawa and Kikkawa however both picked themselves up and in one of those strange moments that these multi man matches often throw up, the two bitter rivals combined to take down the Junior Champion with a double clothesline and then plant Dragon with a double team suplex.

The co-operation didn't last long as Kikkawa and Nakasawa unleashed on one another, with the World Champion urged on by the suppport of the BHOTWG fans getting the upperhand, until Kikkawa resorted to an eye-poke, which was enough to create the opening for Kikkawa to take Nakasawa off his feet with an overhead belly to belly suplex. Nakasawa picked himself back up to his feet only to be immediately levelled with the KIKKAWA LARIAT from the King of Fighters.......

One.......

Two......

Thr.......

Black Cobra came crashing down upon Kikkawa with the FROM CANADA WITH LOVE (Swandive Headbutt) to break up the pin). Cobra then took the King of Fighters off his feet with a basement drop-kick, before turning Kikkawa over into the STONE HOLD (Sharpshooter)......

Kikkawa managed to power his way out however, and rise back to his feet before levelling Cobra with a KIKKAWA LARIAT, that sent 'Canadian Darkness' crashing hard to the floor

Kikkawa however turned around into a Lariat from Nakasawa, leaving him open to the NAKASAWA NECKBREAKER (Inverted Swinging Neckbreaker).....

One.....

Two.....

Thr........

Sensational Dragon rolled back into the ring and made sure to keep the match alive by nailing Nakasawa with a superkick.....

Nakasawa began to stagger back up to his feet before being nailed with a second superkick from the Junior Champion, who then planted the H-Bomb with the DRAGON SLICE (Shiranui)......

One.....

Two.....

Thr......

Nakasawa kicked out !!

Dragon then decided to go out onto the apron and set up for the SENSATION SHOCK (Diving front flip hurrucanrana pin)

One.......

Two......

Thr.......

Black Cobra managed to dive in at the last split second to prevent Dragon from picking up a huge upset pinfall victory over the World Champion. Cobra then seized control with a boot to the mid-section and then drilled Dragon with the DEATH BY COBRA (Double Wrist Clutch Powerbomb).......

One......

Two.....

Thr.......

Kikkawa broke up the pin attempt and then scooped Cobra upon his shoulders to deliver the KIKKAWA DRIVER (Wrist Clutch Death Valley Driver).......

One........

Two......

Thr......

Nakasawa broke up the pin however and then lifted Kikkawa back up in readyness to deliver the NAKASAWA NECKBREAKER but ther King of Fighters managed to block the attempt and then sneaked in a low blow, before rolling the World Champion up, the BHOTWG fans immediately showing their disapproval towards Kikkawa for using such cheap tactics.....

One.......

Two.....

Thr......

Nakasawa kicked out however to the delight of the fans, but Kikkawa remained in control and managed to get Nakasawa locked into the KIKKAWA DEATH CHOKE (Straight Jacket Hold) only for Sensational Dragon to roll back into the ring and nail ther King of Fighters with a Superkick.

A second Superkick was delivered to Nakasawa, and then a third to Kikkawa !!

Dragon then went for the pin on Kikkawa.....

One.....

Two.....

Thr.....

Kikkawa kicked out and then rolled out of the ring, Nakasawa staggered back up to his feet but was taken down with a basement drop-kick from Sensational Dragon who then headed up top.....

Dragon then unleashed the DRAGON'S FIRE (Corkscrew 630 Senton)........

One........

Two......

Thr.......

This time Cobra dived in to save the match, but before the could truly seize control.....Kikkawa was back in to level Cobra with a KIKKAWA LARIAT.....the King of Fighters then ducked a super-kick from Dragon before connecting with a stiff elbow shot that was able to daze Dragon long enough for Kikkawa to lift the Junior Champion up with a vertical suplex and then plant the Junior Champion with the INCENDIARY TOWER (Vertical Suplex Powerbomb)......

One.......

Two......

Three !!!

The fans may not have liked who had won, but Kikkawa had come out on top in an incredible four way match that featured non stop action for just over twenty minutes from bell to bell.

Result: Tadiyuki Kikkawa [w] bt Hiroaki Nakasawa + Black Cobra + Sensational Dragon [L] in 21:31 via pinfall (Incendiary Tower).

Rating: A

Onodera's Assessment: If truth be known the four corner survival rules, went out of the window quickly pretty and to be honest that's always been the case that once the match 'breaks down' these pretty much turn into 'Tornado' style matches, not that the fans were complaining as everyone involved here brought their best stuff to produce an exhilarating match. Only problem with the match being this good, is that there is always the worry the crowd could be burnt out for the main event.

Post Match Comments:

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Oh you ask if I was watching earlier, Iesada-san....well, well done to you and Pathlow-san for actually winning some matches. But do you, really think you can beat me? Do you really think you can beat a man who has just over-come three of the best, well so-called best here in Burning Hammer!

Hiroaki Nakasawa: I suppose Kikkawa-san will boast about this victory until he is blue in the face, but the hard facts are he didn't actually beat me and nothing will get settled until we face each other for the Burning World Championship. He will claim that I am avoiding him by not taking him up on his open challenge for that vanity belt he brought across from his failed attempt to stand alone away from the very promotion that made him the star he is today. If he wants to face me, then he will have to challenge for this belt (Nakasawa taps the Burning World Championship belt, slung across his shoulder), a title that actually means something in this business.

Match #8: Ultimate Tag League:

The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) vs

Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Shimedzu-1.jpg?t=1268429674 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Miyamae-1.jpg?t=1268429694

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TheAwesomeKiyaru-1.jpg & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion-1.jpg

The main event would be the final Ultimate Tag League match-up from the second round of matches, and one that pits two of the best teams in BHOTWG history anf holders of the Burning World Tag Team Championship and Burning Junior Tag Team Championship. The Junior Tag Champions, the Black Heart Flying Squadron got off to a flying start by defeating Willd Fire, whilst The Rebellion are looking to bounce back from their opening loss to Rapid Danger.

The match begins with some basic striking and chain wrestling exchanges between all four competitors involved, with the BHFS holding their own against their slightly larger opponents. It may be because The Rebellion are barely above being Junior Heavyweights themselves that they aren't able to simply overpower their opponents. These exchanges went on for nearly ten minutes, and though the crowd cooled down considerably from the last match due to the low key nature of the beginning it only served to build up more anticipation, that once the match stepped up several gears, they were going to be witness to something special.

It's the BHFS who manage to seize the first real break through as The Awesome Kiyaru plants Miyamae with the Tilt-A-Whirl Russian Leg-sweep before Scorpion nails 'the viper' with a diving leg-drop from the second turnbuckle. That get's the Junior Tag champs a two count, before Scorpion lifts Miyamae back up to a vertical base and tries for the BRAINBUSTER....

Miyamae holds firm however and counters into one of his own, that gets 'the Viper' a two count but more importingly shifts the momentum of the match, as The Rebellion are able to isolate Scorpion in their corner.

They work over 'the Gold and Black Attack' with kick and strike combinations, that leads to Scorpion slumping into their corner as Shimedzu and then Miyamae connected with Face Washes. The World Tag Team champions then dragged Scorpion out of their corner and combined on a double team slingshot suplex......

One......

Two....

Thr......

Kiyaru dived in to make the save but was quickly ordered back to his corner by referee Omura Umeki who was keen to retain order. But Kiyaru wasn't going quietly, as his protestations caused enough of a distraction for Scorpion to set up a low blow on Shimedzu just as The Rebellion were setting up for the Spiked Skull Drop. Miyamae still had the prescence of mind however to drill Scorpion with a missile drop-kick. 'The Viper' then rushed in to connect with the Glittering Magician Knee but Scorpion saw it coming, catching Miyamaes foot and countering into a Dragon Screw Leg-Whip....

A recovered Shimedzu then lined up to connect with the LIFE FLASHER, but was tripped up and then pulled out to the floor by Kiyaru.

Scorpion then turned Miyamae over into the SCORPION DEATHLOCK (Sharpshooter), as Kiyaru and Shimedzu battled on the floor, Miyamae managed to power his way out of the hold but was then nailed with a punt to the head by Scorpion, who then drilled the dazed Miyamae with the BRAINBUSTER.....

One.....

Two....

Thr......

Shimedzu had managed to shake off Kiyaru to dive back into the ring and save the match. He had not shaken Kiyaru off enough however as Kiyaru sprang back in to nail Shimedzu with a springboard leg-lariat, whilst Scorpion simulaneously nailed 'Kamikaze Spirit' from behind with a chop block.

Scorpion then went for a pin attempt on Shimedzu, but the cover was waived off by referee Umeki, who told them that Miyamae was still the legal man. The BHFS then tried to simultaneously whip The Rebellion into opposite corners, but the World Tag Team champs managed to put a block on that and send the BHFS hard into the turnbuckles instead. The Rebellion then came charging in with simultaneous running jumping knee strikes but the BHFS managed to move out of the way and nailed the World Tag Team champs with stereo gamengiri's instead. The Junior Tag Team champs then perched The Rebellion onto the turnbuckles before bringing the World Tag Team champs crashing back into the ring with stereo hurrucanarana's.

The Rebellion managed to roll out of the ring before either could get pinned to try and re-group, but the BHFS were keen to keep the pressure on and Scorpion came soaring through the ropes with a suicide dive before Kiyaru sprang off the top to come crashing down upon everyone with an Arabian Press.

Kiyaru then brought Miyamae back into the ring, planting 'the Viper' with the Tilt-A-Whirl Russian Legsweep, before heading up top.....before the 'Dark Enigma' pulled off the INSTANT WIZARD (Feint Moonsault/Into a Standing Moonsault).....

One....

Two....

Thr.....

Miyamae kicked out, but Kiyaru remained in control, connecting with a spinning heel kick before setting up the dazed Miyamae for the KIYARU EFFECT (Forward Somersault Stunner), but just as Kiyaru was setting up, Shimedzu rolled back in to the ring and then nailed Kiyaru with the LIFE FLASHER (Rebound Running Big Boot).....

Scorpion then nailed Shimedzu with a springboard missile drop-kick before a recovered Miyamae then planted Scorpion with the MIYAMAE SPOILER (Swinging Reverse STO).......

One.......

Two......

Thr..........

Kiyaru dived over to make the save, but was soon met with a boot to the mid-section and a DDT from Shimedzu who then placed Kiyaru in the INSURREXION DEVICE (Guillotine Choke), just as Miyamae was placing Scorpion in the SNAKE POISON (Anaconda Vice)....

Referee Omura Umeki began looking to see if Scorpion was about to tap out, but Miyamae and placed his submission hold too near the ropes and 'the Gold and Black Attack' was able to force the rope break. Umeki then insisted both submission holds were broken by The Rebellion, as he tried to restore order.

When order was restored Miyamae and Scorpion were the one's left in the ring, with 'the Viper' fully in control against his more worn down opponent who was stil feeling the effects of Miyamae's Snake Poison submission hold.

Miyamae then planted Scorpion into the mat with a reverse STO, before Shimedzu came crashing down upon Scorpion with a MOONSAULT !

One......

Two.....

Thr.......

Kiyaru came in to break up the pin, and then rocked Shimedzu with a spin-kick, before blowing Black MIST into the face of 'Kamikaze Spirit'. Referee Omura Umeki then missed Miyamae being crotched crotched with a low blow from behind by Scorpion, as Kiyaru got away with being merely sent back to his corner. Scorpion then quickly rolled Miyamae up

One.....

Two.....

Thr....

Miyamae kicked out by then received the punt to the head/BRAINBUSTER sequence from Golden Scorpion.......

One.....

Two.....

Thr......

Miyamae kicked out but the BHFS were back in control and Scorpion tagged Kiyaru back in, before snapping off a Bridging German Suplex before Kiyaru came crashing down upon Miyamae with his springboard Shooting Star Press the 'ETHEREAL KILLER'......

One.....

Two......

Thr......

Shimedzu dived into the ring to make the save but was nailed with a drop-kick from Scorpion and then planted with Kiyaru's trademark Tilt-A-Whirl Russian Legsweep

The Junior Tag Team champs then turned their attentions back to the legal man Miyamae as they looked to be set up for the Ultra Effect,Scorpion went to hoist Miyamae upon his shoulders in the Electric Chair Position, as Kiyaru headed for the top turnbuckle ready to complete the signature double team of the Junior Tag Team champions, but the BHFS had slightly miscalculated and the deadweight of Miyamae was proving a little too heavy to lift up and that gave enough time for Shimedzu to rock Kiyaru with a leaping Enziguri from the apron and Miyamae then sparked back into life, sliding off the back of Scorpion and then planting Scorpion with an inverted DDT.

Shimedzu then climbed the turnbuckle and sent the stunned Kiyaru crashing back into the ring with the TOTAL ANARCHY (Moonsault Side Slam)

Scorpion was still the legal man however for the BHFS and the Rebellion turned their attention back to the 'Gold and Black Attack'....

A spin kick/leg-sweep combo from The Rebellion brought a two count for the World Tag Team Champions, but with Kiyaru also down the momentum had completely shifted their way, and they were soon setting up for the SPIKED SKULL DROP (Aided Spike Brainbuster).....

One......

Two......

Three !!!

The Rebellion were up and running in the UTL. The Black Heart Flying Squadron had run them close but in the end the World Tag Team Champions proved to be too resilient.

Result: Shimedzu [w] & Miyamae bt The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion [L] in 25:11 via pinfall (Spiked Skull Drop)

Rating: A

Onodera's Assessment: This match had alot of expectations to live up to, as it was pitting what many see as the two best Tag Teams in BHOTWG right now, regardless of what weight division they are in against each other, certainly in terms of the sense of being masters of the tag team wrestling art-form not necessarily in the results they achieve, added to the fact that they had to follow a great 4-way that had the Kyushu crowd buzzing...there was the danger this could be a let-down.

Well there was no need to worry as these two teams put together the tag team 'masterclass' many were anticipating. They wisely began the match in a fairly low key fashion with almost ten minutes of a back and forth 'stale mate', that enabled the crowd to cool down before building to a frenzied finish over the next fifteen minutes and you just know that Shimedzu-san at the very least was super motivated to put on a great match, when he's busting out the Total Anarchy. The great thing was everyone else in this match was just as motivated as he was to put together a truly memorable main event.

Post Match Comments:

Shimedzu: We'll give the BHFS some credit here, they gave us one hell of a match and we could have easily been heading into the next round of this tournament with no wins to our name.

Miyamae: Took us to the limit they did, and a lesser team would have cracked but WE are the World Tag Team Champions and tonight we showed the qualities that make us the best tag team in the world!

The Awesome Kiyaru: Our chance for glory shall come again, the Black Heart Flying Squadron's march to greatness, shall not be halted!

Overall: A

Onodera's Viewpoint: Kyushu's one of our smaller markets, which results in us not being able to quite sell out the 5'000 capacity, Kunamoto Sports Field. Hopefully though word of mouth from how great this show is, will help to grow our popularity in his region further. This was a really well structured show with a solid undercard with the semi main and main event matches delivering consecutive show stealing matches.

I must preface this by saying I know very, very, very, little about the Japanese region when it comes to the Cornellverse. That said, holy... :D

That was a thing of masterfulness, TigerKinney! Honestly, stand-out work with this one.

From a TEW perspective, it's always great to walk away with such a highly regarded grade (A) but the dynasty world is more than just grades...

Your write-up was truly awesome. I love the extending of the one... two..thr.. adding a sense of flare to the reading process. I actually found myself, as I'm sure you were trying to convey with this, on the edge of my seat... Wondering when the final three would fall.

Great stuff, Tiger. Great stuff.

Cheers.

E-V

I must preface this by saying I know very, very, very, little about the Japanese region when it comes to the Cornellverse. That said, holy... :D

That was a thing of masterfulness, TigerKinney! Honestly, stand-out work with this one.

From a TEW perspective, it's always great to walk away with such a highly regarded grade (A) but the dynasty world is more than just grades...

Your write-up was truly awesome. I love the extending of the one... two..thr.. adding a sense of flare to the reading process. I actually found myself, as I'm sure you were trying to convey with this, on the edge of my seat... Wondering when the final three would fall.

Great stuff, Tiger. Great stuff.

Cheers.

E-V

Great show Tigerkinney,

I am always stopping by this dynasty to keep my own compass pointed towards Japan. While I do not comment often, I do often enjoy.

It's always nice to get such praise, especially when it comes from two talented dynasty writers in their own right.

Predictions Contest

Combustion Tour #1 (Show 1- Show 8)

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=371 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="45%" height=0>

Predictor

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="30%" height=0>

Last Round

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="25%" height=0>

Total Pts

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="45%" height=0>

Dragonmack

Zergon

Bigpapa42

Phantom Stranger

Beeker

Lo-Drew

Jesseewiak

Smurphy1014

N/A

Codey

N/A

Marcel Fromage

N/A

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

With just two more shows to go in this prediction contest, Dragonmack pulls level at the top of the table with Zergon after an impressive 9/10 effort, Lo-Drew with 10/10 was this rounds standout performer, whilst Beeker didn't do so well with just 5/10, though that is sadly what happens when someone picks with their heart rather than their head.

Just as a reminder the prize on offer for the victor, is that they get to choose the BHOTWG star of their choice to conduct an interview with. And question's can be about anything you wish to ask them (within the bounds of decency of course!)

The Rebellion bouncing back was a no-brainer, though I did like Beeker's reasoning about the BHFS being shock leaders. I felt it would be counter productive if Rapid Danger immediately dropped a loss, after beating the tournament favourites, whilst the other match was the one that could have gone either way but I decided to keep Wild Fire's hopes alive.

The star studded four way, saw most people go for Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Zergon's explanation about this victory inflating Kikkawa's already sizeable ego was the reason I went that way, rather than with Nakasawa claiming the win.

The RAGE- Macho Universe eight man tag, I went the way of Macho-Universe as I felt them losing to a RAGE team minus it's leaders would make them look a weak stable. The Sekigun vs Job Squad 8 Man and Sekigun vs Dragon Feet B-Team 6 Man were no brainers, as were the two pre-show matches with lower midcarders going over enhancement talents.

As for Yuasha- Koyama, I went with Yuasha as though I will never be the biggest fan, I don't want to turn him into a total joke by having him lose to low ranked Junior Division wrestlers and though Koyama has recently lost his young lion status, he is still at this stage a low ranked wrestler.

whilst Beeker didn't do so well with just 5/10, though that is sadly what happens when someone picks with their heart rather than their head.

I know that, I told you at the outset my picks were going to be very low.

I just had to go with my hard-headed heart and pick what I wanted to see. I knew the Super Juniors had no chance with Kikkawahwahwah and Nakasawa, but I liked the story better. Which I knew was wrong. I wasn't surprised by the ones I got wrong, but I did really want the BHFS to be tops for a moment. Ah well, it wouldn't be me if I couldn't go off on some oddball tangent.

BHOTWGPuroresu.com

BHOTWG continue their Combustion Tour, as they head to the Akita Stadium in Tohoku on Wednesday 22nd September, as the Ultimate Tag League reaches the mid-way point with the pivotal third match.

World Tag Team Champions The Rebellion got their tournament back on track with a win over the Black Heart Flying Squadron, but so did their up-coming opponents Wild Fire with a victory over Explosive Tension.

Explosive Tension themselves will be looking to get back on the winning track but face Rapid Danger, who will be looking to build upon their strong start to the tournament.

The final UTL match pits the Black Heart Brethren's representative teams against one another, as former World Tag Team Champions Black Magic take on the Junior Tag Team Champions The Black Heart Flying Squadron. Black Magic have not made a good start to the tournament, losing both of their opening matches and though losing to the BHFS would strengthen their stable mates chances of winning the tournament one suspects the Taira and Masuno have not given up on winning the tournament entirely and their pride would be somewhat dented if they lost to their considerably smaller stable mates.

In non cup action, the most intriguing match of the night see's Tadiyuki Kikkawa put his King of Fighters Championship on the line once again, in one of his open challenges. Tasuku Iesada has already staked a challenge for the championship ( World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa has dismissed as a 'vanity belt') but Kikkawa's estranged ally has made it clear that he will challenge for the belt at the Quest of Heart PPV. Can whoever steps up to challenge put a spanner in the plans of both Kikkawa and Iesada and head into Quest of Heart with the King of Fighters belt around their waist?

Meanwhile Hiroaki Nakasawa will be in non title action against the 'Baby Elephant' Nisso Yuasa. Former Tag Team Champion Yuasha is feeling like a forgotten man since the forced break up of his Behemoths tag team with Kanishoki, but in BHOTWG actions speaker louder than words and picking up a win over the World Champion would make everyone take notice.

In further singles action, Junior Champion Sensational Dragon takes on the Black Heart Brethren's gaijin associate Gareth Wayne. Dragon has been no stranger to taking on those bigger in size than him, and many will see a Wayne victory as an upset, should that happen. Whilst recent Hinote Dojo graduate Omezo Shiketei has a tough first singles match, when he takes on the number one contender to the World Championship Kinnojo Horri.

Meanwhile a pair of Six Man Tag's round out the main show as BOSJ Cup holder Elemental III teams with Snow Lizzard to take on the Macho Universe trio of Mister Macho and Universal Excellence, whilst the RAGE trio of Toshiki Shibanumo and Little Fury face off with Marihito Masuko and Size of the Fight.

The pre-show matches see's RAGE's Mitsunari Fuganaga team with the Irish Stretching Machine Merle O'Curle to take on the veteran duo of Masutaro Kataoka and Roku Sotomura, and there will also be a Junior Division 4-Way featuring Red Panther, The Incredible Koyama, White Samurai and Super Joshuya.

Here is a full run-down of the card for Show#7 of the Combustion Tour

Combustion Tour- Show #7-

Ultimate Tag League- First Blast: Third Shot!!

(Akita Stadium , Tohoku Wednesday 22nd September 2010)

Ultimate Tag League- First Blast (30 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Dragon Feet 2K9'

World Tag Team Champions-

The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae)

vs

'Representing Burning Sekigun'

Wild Fire (Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Onodera)

'Representing RAGE'

Explosive Tension (Chuichi Sanda & Masaaki Okazaki)

vs

'Representing Team INSPIRE'

Rapid Danger (Tasuku Iesada & John Pathlow)

'Representing Black Heart Brethren'

Black Magic (Yasunobu Masuno & Yasuhiko Taira)

vs

Junior Tag Team Champions-

Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion)

~The Eyes Strike What They See~

Open Challenge for the King of Fighters Championship (30 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Team INSPIRE'

Tadiyuki Kikkawa

vs

????

Non Title Challenge (20 Min Time Limit):

World Champion- Hiroaki Nakasawa

vs

Nisso Yuasha

Six Man Battle (20 Min Time Limit):

2010 BOSJ Cup Winner- Elemental III &

Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate)

vs

'Representing Macho-Universe'

Mister Macho &

Universal Excellence (Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji)

Six Man Battle (20 Min Time Limit):

Marihito Masuko &

Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda)

vs

'Representing RAGE'

Toshiki Shibanumo &

Little Fury (Yoshii Shiomi & VENOM)

Openweight Singles Challenge (15 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Dragon Feet 2K9'

Junior Champion- Sensational Dragon

vs

Gareth Wayne

Young Lion Proving Ground- Singles Challenge (15 Min Time Limit):

Kinnojo Horri

vs

Omezo Shikitei

Pre-Show Matches (10 Min Time Limit):

Mitsunari Fuganaga & Merle O'Curle vs Masutaro Kataoka & Roku Sotomura

Red Panther vs The Incredible Koyama vs Super Joshuya vs White Samurai

Predictions Form

UTL: The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae vs Wild Fire (Toshusai & Onodera)

UTL: Explosive Tension (Sanda & Okazaki) vs Rapid Danger (Iesada & Pathlow)

UTL: Black Magic (Masuno & Taira) vs Black Heart Flying Squadron (Kiyaru & Scorpion)

King of Fighters Championship: Tadiyuki Kikkawa vs ????

Non Title: Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Nisso Yuasha

Elemental III, Shiraishi & Kawate vs Macho, Yasujiro & Kurofuji

Masuko, Kokan & Konda vs Shibanumo,Shiomi VENOM

Sensational Dragon vs Gareth Wayne

Kinnojo Horri vs Omezo Shikitei

Fuganaga & O'Curle vs Kataoka & Sotomura

Panther vs Koyama vs Joshuya vs Samurai

UTL: Black Magic (Masuno & Taira) vs Black Heart Flying Squadron (Kiyaru & Scorpion)

While Wild Fire got a win last time to keep hope alive, I don't see the champions getting a second loss in three matches.

Rapid Danger has the slightly higher pairing

Black Magic regain some momentum here

Kikkawa wins again

Nakasawa is going elephant hunting

Although Elemental III is probably higher than the entire other team, overall the Macho and Universal team is better.

Masuko is the difference here

squash

squash

honestly O'Curle is the best of this bunch, but I feel his lack of overness will cost him again.

Panther could win this, but Joshuya has his team with AO going and needs the boost

O.O.C Note

I will admit that I am behind schedule right now, my mind has been elsewhere. I am due to go to Japan in May, but as you will all know it was hit by the terrible earthquake/Tsunami and there are the on-going problems with the Nuclear Reactors at Fukushima. Now I am tossing up whether to cancel/re-arrange my holiday with the tour company I am going with.

Where I will be going to in Japan wasn't directly affected by the Tsunami, I will fly into and spend a few days in Tokyo but will then head out west to Kyoto, Osaka etc. But at this moment in time the Foreign Office does not recommend all but essential travel into Tokyo. Had the case been that my tour is in April, I would definitely pull the trigger on cancelling/re-booking but by May things could have improved (looking at the glass half full) or could have got even worse. I think I'm just going to have to monitor very closely before I make any rash decisions. My thinking is that I should wait until one month before I am due to fly out on 6 May, and then make my decision.

Anyway enough of my predicament which pales into insignifigance to the tragedy suffered by those in the Tohoku region of Japan who have lost their homes and loved ones by the Tsunami.

So in a nutshell my mind just hasn't been on this diary the past few days and I have written very little of the current show, so I think more likely it will be up midweek next week, rather than my usual weekend posting.

UTL: The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) vs Wild Fire (Toshusai & Onodera)

I just don´t see Rebellion losing here espesially since they already have a loss in this tournament

I go with upset here mainly because it would help both RAGE as a stable and also further the team INSPIRE recent crisis.

Black Magic needs the win and BHFS can affort the loss here.

Kikkawa will still retain.

Squash

E III is the biggest name here though I could see this one going another way too.

Masuko is the diffference maker here.

Wayne isn´t over enough to go over Dragon here.

Squash

O´Curle might not have much overness but I don´t see him losing to two jobbers espesially with Fugunaga as he´s partner.

I go with surprise win here.

UTL: The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) vs Wild Fire (Toshusai & Onodera)

I go with upset here mainly because it would help both RAGE as a stable and also further the team INSPIRE recent crisis.

UTL:Black Magic (Masuno & Taira) vs Black Heart Flying Squadron (Kiyaru & Scorpion) - DRAW!

- The Rebellion start to roll now that they've picked up their first win.

- Draw, I think, likely Double DQ as the ex-Team INSPIRE man gets a modicum of revenge on his former allies.

- When Darkness falls! A team with Black in their name. I'm going with my beloved BHFS, because they're champs and Magic aren't. Otherwise, I fear BHFS will be one-and-done victorywise and the Super Junior Champs deserve better.

- What happens when the spanner doesn't work? Kikkawa will face a challenge but I don't think he'll fall here. TK is building to SOMEthing.

- Sorry, a one match winning streak does not mean you go over the champ. I'm most curious to see how Nakasawa defeats the overweight baby elephant.

- E3 can't overcome the Macho Excellence across the ring. E3 may know all about the Four Elements, but he can't handle the madness which is Macho!

- Pink of the Fight are just better and more over across the board. I like Little Fury but that won't help them here.

- I just do not see the EGO of SD permitting the American Bastard to win here. I do want these team to become a team. Bastard Dragon? Or Sensational Bastards? That's a license to print money - not in the PG-13 SWF though!

- What do they have other than ramen? I'm hungry.

- Because I can pronounce O'Curle's name. :)

- I'm giving the nod to Panther as Joshuya is still looking for it, while I look over the discounted Silver Dragon Feet (with Kudo) merchandise. Silly Joshuya, they won't have *it* here.

O.O.C Note

I will admit that I am behind schedule right now, my mind has been elsewhere. I am due to go to Japan in May, but as you will all know it was hit by the terrible earthquake/Tsunami and there are the on-going problems with the Nuclear Reactors at Fukushima. Now I am tossing up whether to cancel/re-arrange my holiday with the tour company I am going with.

Where I will be going to in Japan wasn't directly affected by the Tsunami, I will fly into and spend a few days in Tokyo but will then head out west to Kyoto, Osaka etc. But at this moment in time the Foreign Office does not recommend all but essential travel into Tokyo. Had the case been that my tour is in April, I would definitely pull the trigger on cancelling/re-booking but by May things could have improved (looking at the glass half full) or could have got even worse. I think I'm just going to have to monitor very closely before I make any rash decisions. My thinking is that I should wait until one month before I am due to fly out on 6 May, and then make my decision.

Anyway enough of my predicament which pales into insignifigance to the tragedy suffered by those in the Tohoku region of Japan who have lost their homes and loved ones by the Tsunami.

So in a nutshell my mind just hasn't been on this diary the past few days and I have written very little of the current show, so I think more likely it will be up midweek next week, rather than my usual weekend posting.

I would wait too. Do not cancel yet. Things are getting better day by day. Tokyo is getting her feet underneath her. If they could just get the reactors under control--- grr. If it is bad, couldn't you(group) just fly into Osaka? Things are very normal to the South and Kyoto is lovely in the spring... not in the summer. :p

I would wait too. Do not cancel yet. Things are getting better day by day. Tokyo is getting her feet underneath her. If they could just get the reactors under control--- grr. If it is bad, couldn't you(group) just fly into Osaka? Things are very normal to the South and Kyoto is lovely in the spring... not in the summer. :p

Well I'm going as part of a Tour, that begins and ends in Tokyo. I suppose I could fly into Osaka (as the tour does not start the day after till I fly into Japan), but I enquired about a refund from my airline company (Virgin) and they offered me virtually nothing (not that I wanted to cancel, just needed to know as a last resort).

The tour company I am going with (Inside Japan Tours) did offer me some viable alternate solutions had the situation continued to look bad (e.g rescheduling for a discounted price) and had Virgin offered a decent refund I may have been tempted to go down that route. In some ways Virgin's crappy refund made my decision for me, and besides I've been really looking forward to going to Japan for years.

Besides, it looks like the Nuclear Power plant situation is being stabilised, if not completely resolved and Tokyo is far enough way (150 km?) not be affected, after that we are heading west to Kyoto, Osaka etc...before turning round and heading back to Tokyo. So I'm 99% sure I'm going to go ahead now.

Anyway where I'm at right now for the next show is that I have the last two matches to write up plus some of the extra stuff like post match comments. My aim therefore is to get the show finally posted up by Thursday.

Archived