BHOTWG- Stepping into the Inferno

Nakasawa, Horri & Elemental III vs Kikkawa, Iesada & Pathlow

Contenders Circle: Miyamae vs Yasunobu Masuno

Takayuki Onodera vs Yasuhiko Taira

BURNING Cobra & Tadakuni Toshusai vs Gareth Wayne & Golden Scorpion

Shimedzu & Sensational Dragon vs Masaaki Okazaki & Yoshii Shiomi

Mister Macho, Yasujiro & Mystic Dragon vs Sanda, Fuganaga & VENOM

Junior 6 Way: American Optimus vs Haru Kurofuji vs Kansuke Konda vs Super Joshuya vs The Awesome Kiyaru vs The Incredible Koyama.

Marihito Masuko vs Omezo Shikitei

'Some Dude In A Mask' vs Toshiki Shibanumo

Hyosuke Kokan vs Merle O'Curle

Roku Sotomura & Stone Yoshikawa vs Tiger Fuyuki & White Samurai.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coin flip, but IF INSPIRE´s problems did end like it looked it did then win here would be likely in order to reinforce that fact.

Could go either way but Miyamae is the one who has been pushed lately.

Taira is higher on the ladders right now.

I doubt tha Wayne yet has enough overness to go over established guys like Cobra and Toshusai

Shiomi is the weak link here

This one is pretty close on my eyes so I simply go with the team I like more.

Junior 6 Way: American Optimus vs Haru Kurofuji vs Kansuke Konda vs Super Joshuya vs The Awesome Kiyaru vs The Incredible Koyama.

Kiyaru seems to be the top guy here.

Somewhat easy win for Masuko

I´m really looking forward to find out who this mystery guy is, anyway he will get another win here.

Not 100% sure on this one but I assume that Merle doesn´t yet have enough overness to go over solid midcarder like Kokan.

Tiger and Samurai are probably the two lowest guys on ranks so they lose here.

Predictions Form

Coin flip, but IF INSPIRE´s problems did end like it looked it did then win here would be likely in order to reinforce that fact.

Could go either way but Miyamae is the one who has been pushed lately.

Taira is higher on the ladders right now.

I doubt tha Wayne yet has enough overness to go over established guys like Cobra and Toshusai

Shiomi is the weak link here

This one is pretty close on my eyes so I simply go with the team I like more.

Kiyaru seems to be the top guy here.

Somewhat easy win for Masuko

I´m really looking forward to find out who this mystery guy is, anyway he will get another win here.

Not 100% sure on this one but I assume that Merle doesn´t yet have enough overness to go over solid midcarder like Kokan.

Tiger and Samurai are probably the two lowest guys on ranks so they lose here.

I approve

1. Some Dude In The Mask will be making his main show debut when this diary starts up again. At the moment I'm using the Masked Avatar pic in my save game for this diary, but to me it's the wrong type of mask, to me that says 'Old School American Heel' not Japanese Puro. Ideally what I'm looking for is something in the style of Elemental but with a more plain/generic feel.

2. The heel Black Cobra has now become the babyface BURNING Cobra, it would be quite cool if a rendering artist could do an updated Cobra to reflect this.

Just a re-request for these renders, your work will be showcased in this long running and popular diary ;)

Anyway as for progress, I'll admit I've been slacking a bit, but I've had distractions (my niece is on half term and has been staying with us this week) and it's been a little difficult to get the juices flowing again, after such a long lay-off but I'm determined to get the ball rolling.

Going forward, expect to see a slightly more summarised style for most of the matches (I could never bring myself to do one line and done type match reports, but I feel I could be more concise...for the sake of my own sanity more than anything :p). PPV's will still get the classic Tiger-Kinney treatment, as will probably title matches but as for everything else, I feel I need to 'edit myself' a little more, in order for this to still feel enjoyable, rather than something of a 'grind'. Next show will be up sometime next week (I'm hoping to aim for Tuesday- but don't hold me to it ).

Shorter match reports makes sense. I am still in awe that you've managed to produce the quality match write-ups that you have throughout this and your other projects.

No worries with taking some time to get back into the groove. You could always fill the time by posting on pics from Japan for us... :)

The show will (finally) definitely be up tomorrow, so this is last call for predictions, should there be anyone else other than the five, who have got them in so far. Sorry for the delay, but as I said in my previous post it's been a mixture of other distractions and getting myself in tune again with this diary.

I know I said that I would definitely get this up yesterday, and I would have done...if it wasn't for the internet not working at home.

Sadly it looks like that my modem may have packed up :(. An engineer is coming out on Friday, so hopefully it can be fixed then but for unforeseen reasons not of my own making, this diary has been forced onto another hiatus.

The next show will get posted...one day and I'm determined to see this diary through to at least Night of the Burning Hammer, even if it does take forever to get there.

<p>Nakasawa, Horri & Elemental III vs <strong>Kikkawa, Iesada & Pathlow</strong></p><p>

<em>I see E3 taking the loss to further the potential Nakasawa-Kikkawa feud</em></p><p> </p><p>

Contenders Circle: <strong>Miyamae</strong> vs Yasunobu Masuno</p><p>

<em>talent puts Miyamae over Mullet #2</em></p><p> </p><p>

Takayuki Onodera vs <strong>Yasuhiko Taira</strong></p><p>

<em>However Mullet #1 prevails over the booker</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong> BURNING Cobra</strong> & Tadakuni Toshusai vs Gareth Wayne & Golden Scorpion</p><p>

<em>BURRNNINGG!!!! for the win</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Shimedzu & Sensational Dragon</strong> vs Masaaki Okazaki & Yoshii Shiomi</p><p>

<em>Shiomi is odd man out here</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mister Macho, Yasujiro & Mystic Dragon</strong> vs Sanda, Fuganaga & VENOM</p><p>

<em>More people with future on team 1</em></p><p> </p><p>

Junior 6 Way: American Optimus vs Haru Kurofuji vs Kansuke Konda vs Super Joshuya vs <strong>The Awesome Kiyaru</strong> vs The Incredible Koyama. </p><p>

<em>most accomplished performer who isn't in decline</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Marihito Masuko</strong> vs Omezo Shikitei</p><p> </p><p>

<strong> 'Some Dude In A Mask' </strong>vs Toshiki Shibanumo </p><p> </p><p>

Hyosuke Kokan vs <strong>Merle O'Curle</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Roku Sotomura & Stone Yoshikawa</strong> vs Tiger Fuyuki & White Samurai. </p><p>

<em>first two are squashes, last two are the more talented over the lesser</em></p>

Combustion Tour- Show 11

(Monday 4th October 2010)

Yamanashi Athletic Stadium, Chubu (5,000 Super No Vacancy)

Pre-Show

Match A: Hyosuke Kokan vs Merle O'Curle

Basic story of this match is that O'Curle thought he had a good game plan by keeping the Size of the Fight high flyer grounded and that seemed to be working but the 'Irish Stretching Machine' was caught off guard, when Kokan countered the Celtic Wreath and reversed that into his own signature submisison the ELECTRIC SHOCKER CLUTCH (Sit Down Double Chicken Wing) to force the tap out from O'Curle.

Result: Hyosuke Kokan [w] bt Merle O'Curle [L] in 5:41 via submssion (Electric Shocker Clutch).

Rating: C+

Match B: Roku Sotomura & Stone Yoshikawa vs Tiger Fuyuki & White Samurai

This pre-show match saw the duo of Sotomura and Yoshikawa consistently a step ahead of their opponents and it was the 'International Student' who was able to secure the win courteousy of the DANGER TRIP (Avalanche Snapmare) on White Samurai.

Result: Roku Sotomura & Stone Yoshikawa [w] bt Tiger Fuyuki & White Samurai [L] in 5:45 via pinfall (Danger Trip)

Rating: C

Main Show

The show begins with the seemingly mandatory post Pay Per View highlights video, showing the key action from Quest of Heart.

Rating: B

Match #1: Six Way Junior Scramble:

American Optimus vs Haru Kurofuji vs Kansuke Konda vs

Super Joshuya vs The Awesome Kiyaru vs The Incredible Koyama

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BlackEagle_alt5.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HaruKurofuji.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KansukeKonda-1.jpg

vs ___________ vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SuperJoshuya-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TheAwesomeKiyaru-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_IncredibleKoyama1.jpg

It came to no one's surprise that this six way Junior Division 'scramble' broke down rather quicker, after the obligatory dives to the floor, the most spectacular coming from The Incredible Koyama with a corkscrew moonsault off the top turnbuckle. From that moment on it was near falls and last ditch saves galore, though only four of the six were involved down the stretch as American Optimus and Super Joshuya clearly showed that the bad blood that had been brewing for months between each other had not been resolved at Quest of Heart by brawling into the crowd and beyond.

The finishing stretch saw The Incredible Koyama crash and burn after an AIR KOYAMA (Shooting Star Press) attempt on The Awesome Kiyaru...Konda then moved in for the kill, stunning a winded Koyama with the KONDA KUTTER (Jumping Cutter) only for Kurofuji to sneak up from behind and dump Konda with the TOHOKU THUNDER SUPLEX (Rolling Release Suplex).....

Konda showed the fighting spirit he is noted for however and managed to kick out at two but remained firmly rooted to the mat. Kurofuji then decided to head up top but instead got a faceful of Black Mist from the recovered Kiyaru . The 'Dark Enigma' then springboarded back in from the apron to come crashing down upon the already prone Kansuke Konda with the ETHEREAL KILLER (Springboard Shooting Star Press) as the Junior Tag champion picked up the victory in his usual spectacular yet sneaky style.

Result: The Awesome Kiyaru [w] bt American Optimus + Haru Kurofuji + Kansuke Konda [L] + Super Joshuya + The Incredible Koyama in 10:11 via pinfall (Ethereal Killer)

Rating: B-

Onodera's Assessment: We got exactly what we wanted out of this, which was a decent fast paced opener where everyone got to look somewhat a useful member of the roster and have a purpose, even Koyama-san who had some eye-popping match highlight reel moments. Kiyaru-san who was expected to win here, did but he had to resort to pulling out the win in dubious fashion..something that befits his heel persona and also helps the rest of the field look less like glorified jobbers in comparison.

Post Match Comments:

The Awesome Kiyaru: At first I did not see the purpose of putting me in match against such inferior opposition, but then I thought this could be fun...oh how I had alot of fun, but serious business must be returned to and not only will I prove myself unstoppable in defence of the Junior Tag Championship alongside Scorpion-san, I will climb back to the top of the singles standings and become Junior champion once again.

Super Joshuya: Optimus-san, this is not over between us, not by a longshot...you may have cost me my spot in Dragon Feet but I will show them what a mistake it was to keep you and not me... Does it sound like jealousy, yeah you could call it that, in some way I have to thank you Optimus-san, because for the first time in years I have truly re-discovered my edge, the edge that made me a champion in this sport and I'll use that edge to not only cost you your spot in Dragon Feet but drive you out of Burning Hammer all together!

Match #2: BURNING Cobra & Tadukuni Toshusai vs

Gareth Wayne & Golden Scorpion

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DuaneStone_alt1.jpg & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadakuniToshusai_USPW1.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GarethWayne.jpg?t=1295655891 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion-1.jpg

This one's pretty much a follow on from the PPV six man, with Cobra continuing his crusade against his former BHB stable mates alongside perennial BHB opposers Wild Fire. The opening exchange was between Cobra and Scorpion and they did some nice chain wrestling, with Cobra a step ahead until Gareth Wayne sneaked in a cheap shot when Cobra went to pick up some speed by running the ropes.

Cobra then did his best 'Spencer Marks' impression as the BHB looked to methodically 'punish' their former stable mate for this defection. Cobra however was able to drop-kick Wayne off the apron and then counter a Brainbuster attempt from Scorpion into one of his own before getting the hot tag into a frenzied Tadakuni Toshusai. 'Wild Charisma' cleaned house and looked to had the match won with SHOCK TREATMENT (Double Underhook Backbreaker) on Scorpion, only to be clobbered from behind by Wayne. 'The American Bastard' then nailed Toshusai with the JACKPOT JOLT (Charging Fore Arm Smash) but 'Wild Charisma' was able to kick out at two......

Scorpion and Wayne then miscommunicated on an attempt at a drop-kick assisted superplex, before Toshusai sent the 'Gold and Black Attack' out of the ring with a SHOCK KICK (Bicycle Kick) and then plant Wayne with a SPINE SHOCKER. The all out of gas Toshusai then tagged Cobra back in, who immediately headed for the top turnbuckle to then come crashing down upon Gareth Wayne with the FROM CANADA WITH LOVE (Swandive Headbutt) as Cobra picked up a second consecutive victory over the 'American Bastard' in tag team competion in a matter of days, though proving himself better than the 'low man' of his former faction is hardly going to satisfy the reformed masked man.

Result: BURNING Cobra [w] & Tadukuni Toshusai bt Gareth Wayne [L] & Golden Scorpion in 10:02 via pinfall (From Canada With Love)

Onodera's Assessment: As far as an in-ring contest goes, this was average stuff but the crowd are hot right now for the dastardly villain turned noble hero Cobra, whilst Toshusai-san for all his technical weakness does have a knack of getting the fans emotionally invested into his matches.

Post Match Comments:

Tadakuni Toshusai: BLAAACK HEAAARRTTT BRETHREENNNNN, your days...YOUUUUURRR DAAAYYYYSSSSS will be NUMBERRRRRRDDDDD!!!

BURNING Cobra: Indeed they will be numbered, alongside the likes of Toshusai-san here, I will make sure that you will no longer prosper here in BHOTWG. You could have done this the easy way, and learned to fight nobably, just like I did but it looks like you wanted a war, and this is a war I and noble warriors like Toshusai-san are going to win.

Match #3: Mister Macho, Barei Yasujiro & Mystic Dragon vs

Chuichi Sanda, Mitsunari Fuganaga & VENOM

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_EijiHamacho_jhdMacho1.jpg?t=1294616716http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BaireiYasujiro-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MysticDragon.jpg?t=1295655891

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ChuichiSanda_jhd21.jpg http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MitsunariFugunaga_jhd-11.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Venom-1.jpg

The Macho-Universe crew made the quicker start with Yasujiro and Mystic Dragon catching the RAGE trio off guard with their quick paced high flying but Sanda and co. weathered that storm and soon took control of the match, as they were able to isolate Mystic. The 'Destined One' was able to break free of a Sting In The Tail attempt from VENOM and got the hot tag into Mister Macho. Macho turned VENOM inside out with a Macho Lariat and then dished out the same to Fuganaga but was then blindsided with an EXPLOSION KICK (Running Boot) from his former Raging Bulls tag partner Chuichi Sanda.

With that the RAGE trio re-gained control of the the match, and the momentum stayed with them till the very end, with Mystic put away by Fuganaga, courteousy of the WHO'S LAUGHING NOW (Double Underhook Facebuster)

Result: Chuichi Sanda, Mitsunari Fuganaga [w] & VENOM bt Mister Macho, Barei Yasujiro & Mystic Dragon [L] in 10:42 via pinfall (Who's Laughing Now)

Onodera's Assessment: Midcard filler, though both factions have been booked as strong as possible, they are still perceived by the fans are the two least important factions, probably because none of them feature true World Championship contenders right now and no one did anything out of the ordinary here to try and steal the show, then again that's probably a good thing because sometimes you want the midcard filler to be just that.

Match #4: ~Debut OFFICIAL~

Some Dude In A Mask vs Toshiki Shibanumo

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Alts/Renders/SDITM_jhd.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ToshikiShibanumo-1.jpg

The mysterious 'Some Dude In A Mask' completely dominated Shibanumo, as the RAGE veteran was simply unable to keep pace with the ruthless masked man. Shibanumo showed some 'bravery' by refusing to tap out to High Angle Arm Bar, but perhaps wished he did after he was on the receiving end of the vicious Front Knee Strike that also put away Omezo Shikitei at Quest of Heart.

Result: Some Dude In A Mask [w] bt Toshiki Shibanumo [L] in 3:15 via pinfall (Front Knee Strike)

Onodera's Assessment: Some Dude In A Mask, was originally conceived to just keep a talented performer under wraps during dark matches whilst he got back into the groove but then I though it would be fun to actually have this 'unknown' worker, actually work a masked gimmick, and thus Some Dude In A Mask was born, with him working a gimmick where he looks like a masked jobber but he's quite possibly the most dangerous man on the roster.

Post Match Comments:

The press tried to get some comments with SDIAM, but as well as hiding his face, he doesn't seem to be much of a talker either...saying absolutely nothing about his easy victory...leaving the press without a soundbite from the masked man.

Match #5: Takayuki Onodera vs Yasuhiko Taira

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TakayukiAvatar.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YasuhikoTaira-1.jpg

These two are familiar with facing one another in tag team action, due to Wild Fire's and Black Magic's on going rivarly. Personal pride and a chance to prove themselves ready to rise (or perhaps rather re-rise in Taira's case) the singles ranks were on the line here.

Onodera was all fired up and tried to go 'toe to toe' with Taira at the start of the match, but the Brawling exchanges definitely saw the larger and more ruthless BHB man gain an early advantage, despite Onodera's determined efforts.

With the 'Iron Man' gradually being worn down, Taira began to 'toy' with the Wild Fire man but Taira was foolish to do that, as by taking his foot off the gas, it allowed for Onodera to rally back, and the 'Iron Man' was able to nail Taira with the END OF YOU (Roaring Elbow to the Back of the Head)....The Bulldozer managed to stay on his feet but Onodera kept up the pressure taking Taira off his feet with a drop-kick and then landing a diving elbow drop for a two count.

Onodera then went to apply the LRC (Arm Trap Crossface) but the 'Bulldozer' was able to use his long reach to make it over to the ropes. Taira then regained control after the rope-break and looked to set up for the TYPHOON SUPLEX (Rotating Vertical Suplex) but Onodera somehow managed to slip out and transition into a sleeper hold. Taira tried to fight out of it, but the 'Iron Man' was relentless in his application of the sleeper hold and the 'Bulldozer' began to fade.

But just as it looked like referee Shinozaki would be forced to ring the bell, Taira escaped with sneaky low blow...the 'Bulldozer' then got a two count off a Lariat, before whipping Onodera into the corner but the 'Iron Man' was able to avoid THE FLATTENER (Running Lariat into the corner) and then stun Taira with an Enziguri. Onodera then headed up top, but Taira had managed to shake off the effects of the Enziguri and recovered enough to bring Onodera crashing back into the ring with the WRECKING BALL (Muscle Buster), which proved to be enough for 'the Bulldozer' to pick up the three count.

Result: Yasuhiko Taira [w] bt Takayuki Onodera [L] in 12:05 via pinfall (Wrecking Ball)

Onodera's Assessment: This was pitched about right between myself and Taira-san. I looked competive enough, without making Taira-san look weak and/or flukey. I feel I am good enough a talent not to be slumming it down in the lower reaches of the card, but I still feel and obligation to put over our top talent and though I do not see him as ace material, Taira-san has done enough to establish himself as an upper card performer over the years, and I feel it would be egotisical folly for me to go over him this stage.

Post Match Comments:

Yasuhiko Taira: Cobra-san you talk up your crusade, about destroying the Brethren, well we will be the one's destroying you, just like I destroyed one of your new buddies right here. No one can stop the Brethren from returning to dominance, not you, not anyone.

Match #6: Shimedzu & Sensational Dragon vs

Masaaki Okazaki & Yoshii Shiomi

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Shimedzu-1.jpg?t=1268429674 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon_jhd21.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MasaakiOkazaki.jpg & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YoshiiShiomi-1.jpg

Shimedzu and Dragon have tagged several times over the years as part of Dragon Feet 2K9 but this is the first time Okazaki and Shiomi have tagged together as part of RAGE, so it would be interesting to see how they would fare in this unique 'first time' match up.

If truth be known the RAGE pair made the better start, though one way of suspected that Shimedzu and Dragon had underestimated their opponents a little. That lead to Dragon being stranded in the wrong corner for a considerable amount of time, but whilst his arrogance can get him into trouble, his skill and determination can equally get him out of trouble. The Sensational 'One' showed great 'heart' by surving Okazaki's 'ANGULAR ARM BAR' and then countered Shiomi's attempt at a JEWEL BREAKER (Springboard Cutter) into a standing version of the DRAGON SLICE (Shiranui).

That enabled Dragon to get the tag into Shimedzu, who looked set to finish Shiomi but Okazaki was able to scythe down 'Kamikaze Spirit' from behind and re-seize control but Shimedzu was able to fight off an attempt from 'No Mercy' to place him in the CENTURY CRAB LIFT before nailing Okazaki with the LIFE FLASHER (Rebound Running Boot).

Okazaki kicked out at two, but was unable to prevent Shimedzu from maintaining the momentum as 'Kamikaze Spirit' drilled Okazaki with the REVOLUTION DROP (Twisting Inverted Brainbuster).....the cover however was broken up by Shiomi. However Dragon was on hand to prevent a double team from the RAGE pair, drop-kicking Shiomi out of the ring and then following up with a slingshot press to the floor.

Okazaki however had managed to turn things round against Shimedzu, blocking a SKULL DROP and countering into an EXPLODER....Dragon tried to get into make the save but was pulled back by Shiomi but Shimedzu was able to kick out at two. Okazaki looked for the CENTURY CRAB LIFT (Leglock Cloverleaf) once again and this time managed to get it locked in, only for Dragon to break into the ring and make the 'save'.

Both sides then traded a couple of double teams as the momentum swung back and forth and referee Umeki struggled to keep track of who was the legal man , Okazaki/Shiomi got a very close two count from using the signature double team from Shiomi's regular team with VENOM, the 'ENGAGE THE RAGE' (Reverset STO/Enziguri) on Shimedzu. But in the end it was the Dragon Feet 2K9 pair who was able to win the battle, as Shiomi eventually fell to a SKULL DROP from Shimedzu, after being nailed with a super-kick from the Junior Champion.

Result: Shimedzu [w] & Sensational Dragon bt Masaaki Okazaki & Yoshii Shiomi [L] in 14:37 via pinfall (Shimedzu Skull Drop)

Onodera's Assessment: This was a pretty fun tag match, it didn't have the crispness of a match between two regular tag teams, but both sides went out there and did their best to put on a really entertaining match, and Shimedzu/Dragon going to The Rebellion's playbook and Okazaki/Shiomi going to Little Fury's were a nice touch.

Post Match Comments:

Shimedzu: Everyone talks as though the Burning Sekigun, Team INSPIRE or even the Black Heart Brethren are battling each other for domination of BHOTWG. But truth is Dragon Feet 2K9 are the dominant force amongs this battle ground. We have the best Super Junior amongst our ranks in Sensational Dragon and myself anf Miyamae-san are the World Tag Team Champions and when Nakasawa or Kikkawa-san have settled who is the best between them, then either I or Miyamae-san will be ready to bring either of them crashing down.

Sensational Dragon: Well when Dragon Feet 2K9 is graced with the prescence of the most Sensational Wrestler of all time, how can we fail?!!

Masaaki Okazaki: We may have tasted defeat this time, but it should not go un-noticed that under Sanda-san and I's leadership RAGE have become a competitive force. However being competitive is not satisfactory, so Shiomi-san and the rest need to show they can step it up to the next level, if they want to follow Sanda-san and I to taking the RAGE name to new heights.

Match #7: Marihito Masuko vs Omezo Shikitei

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_OmezoShikitei.jpg

Masuko was looking to get back to winning ways, after failing at his latest attempt to win the Junior Championship, but his 'young lion' opponent was determined to not be a simple 'rebound' victim.

'The Painted Wonder' tried to set a fast pace but the Dragon Feet 2K9 'apprentice' was able to keep up (recovering and striking back from Masuko's headscissor takedowns and arm-drags) and began to gradually seize control, and looked close to securing a shock victory around the five minute mark with the OS COMBINATION (Fireman's Carry Double Knee Gutbuster) followed by a Running Knee Strike) with only ring positioning saving Masuko.

Shikitei then tried for the German Suplex, but Masuko was able to fight his way out and then force a standing switch before planting Shikitei with the MASUKO CRADLE (Bridging Leg Hook Belly to Back Suplex) to suddenly earn the three count, seemingly out of nowhere after being out manouvered for much of the contest.

Result: Marihito Masuko [w] bt Omezo Shikitei in 7:39 via pinfall (Masuko Cradle)

Onodera's Assessment: There are times when it's actually somewhat frustrating to find out that two workers have undeniably great chemistry with one another. This was one of those times, because this match was just booked to be filler and for no intention what so ever for a follow on match to occur anytime soon.

Turn's out Masuko-san and Shikitei-san can really bring the best out of another, but that's utterly useless to know as Masuko-san is an upper tier Junior Heavyweight, whilst Shikitei-san is a low level heavyweight, with no chance of them meeting up anytime soon other than me wanting to milk their chemistry with one another, and that would be a far from honorable excuse to book a feud between the pair.

~Stay Brighter~

Match #8: Contenders Circle:

Miyamae vs Yasunobu Masuno

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Miyamae-1.jpg?t=1268429694 vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasunobuMasuno-1.jpg?t=1268429402

Even though a title shot won't be coming their way anytime soon (well at least not until Nakasawa & Kikkawa's unfiication match at NOTBH), the winner knew that a win would put them in a strong position to challenge in the future.

Miyamae tried to use a 'hit and run' type strategy against Masuno using fast moving kick and strike combinations to try and take the mulleted powerhouse off his feet, but 'the Hammer' soaked up the pressure and was the one to truly seize control, taking the 'viper' off his feet with a clothesline and then getting a two count with a vertical suplex.

Masuno then continued to toss Miyamae around from pillar to post, treating the considerably smaller tag champion like a rag doll, but Miyamae kept bravely kicking out of several (albeit overtly arrogant) pin attempts from the BHB man. Masuno feeling he had worn Miyamae down enough then moved in for the 'kill', setting up for the AVALANCHE POWERBOMB (Elevated Powerbomb), but 'the Viper' was able to counter into a victory roll and then nail Masuno with a GLITTERING MAGICIAN knee strike to turn the match around in favour of the Dragon Feet man.

Miyamae then looked to work over the legs of Masuno, leading to the World Tag Champion applying the SNAKE CHARMER (Over the shoulder single leg Boston Crab) to Masuno. But the BHB powerhouse was able to fight it off and then nail Miyamae with the MAGIC K.O (Rolling Elbow) though the fact he was unable to sneak on the infamous loaded elbow pad perhaps led to the fact that Miyamae was able to kick out at two.

Masuno then set up for a vertical suplex, but Miyamae was able to fight it off and stun the BHB man with an Enziguri, but was unable to follow up when Masuno caught him in a sleeper hold but Miyamae was able to escape before 'the Hammer' could truly lock in the sleeper and 'the viper' stunned Masuno with another Enziguri before taking Masuno off his feet with a basement drop-kick.....

Miyamae then headed up top and then drilled Masuno with a missile drop-kick, as 'the Hammer' got back to his feet, the momentum however took Masuno out of the ring and the BHB man took a brief powder before re-emerging back into the ring. Masuno then went for the MAGIC K.O and this time it was visible he had sneaked on the elbow pad, but Miyamae was wise to the fact,ducking under and then taking Masuno back off his feet again with another basement drop-kick. Masuno was rooted to the mat as Miyamae's focus on the BHB man's legs,started to pay dividends, and with Masuno flat on his back, Miyamae headed up top to then come crashing down upon Masuno's chest with the REBEL STOMP (Diving Double Stomp) and that proved to be enough for referee Terakado to slap the mat three times for Miyamae to earn the victory and further cement his world title aspirations.

Result: Miyamae [w] bt Yasunobu Masuno [L] in 15:02 via pinfall (Rebel Stomp)

Onodera's Assessment: It's unlikely that Masuno-san is ever going to be involved in bona-fide classics but he can be carried to a decent match and Miyamae-san managed to do just that here. The World Tag Team champion went over here, as we have not aborted The Rebellion's pursuit of singles glory, despite the fact that they hold the tag belts. Shimedzu-san already been firmly established as a true World Title threat, but Miyamae-san isn't quite there yet and whilst a loss here to Masuno-san wouldn't have been a step back, it would have halted progress.

Post Match Comments:

Miyamae: I know I will have to wait a while longer to earn a shot at the Burning World Championship, but when that day comes I will be ready.

~Strongest Unity~

Match #9: Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri & Elemental III vs Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Tasuku Iesada & John Pathlow

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HiroakiNakasawaALT21.jpg http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri_jhd1.jpg http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalIII.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadiyukiKikkawa.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TasukuIesada.jpg http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HellMonkey_alt2.jpg

The main event would see the leaders of the Burning Sekigun take on a seemingly re-united Team INSPIRE, who would come out on top and who would strike the first psychological blow as Nakasawa and Kikkawa began the path towards their showdown at NOTBH.

The match was a cagey affair during the opening ten minutes, as neither side were really able to press home an advantage. However things turned in Team INSPIRE's favour, when Elemental III became a little impatient and was set to take flight with this trademark Elemental Space Flying Drop only to be turned inside out with a KIKKAWA LARIAT, from the Team INSPIRE leader.

Elemental III managed to bravely kick out at two, somewhat wanting his Team INSPIRE to show him what they could do, Kikkawa turned things over to Iesada and Pathlow, but despite stringing together some impressive double teams.....Elemental III bravely hung on, though an intervention from Horri was needed after Rapid Danger nailed the 'Third Generation Icon' with the 'Dangerous Liason II' (Springboard Drop-Kick/Suplex combo).....

John Pathlow was keen to finish the job and set up for the KILL DRILL (Double Underhook Piledriver) only for Elemental III to block the attempt and reverse into an EARTH BREAKER (Double Underhook Powerbomb).....It then seemed as though Elemental III would be prevented from finally be able to tag out of the match, by Iesada but the 'Third Generation Icon' managed to rock Iesada with a Gamengiri before tagging out to Horri.

A fired up Horri, cleaned house with a series of clotheslines, before planting Iesada into the canvas with the HORRI SPINEBUSTER (Sitout Spinebuster)..... Iesada managed to kick out a two, but was soon planted into the canvas once again, this time with the FIERCE SPINEBUSTER (High Angle Spinebuster)......

One.....

Two....

Thr...

Pathlow was the one to intervene again, as Kikkawa just continued to look on, and with Kikkawa's somewhat lax attitude towards the match at hand, the commentators started to ponder whether or not everything really was alright again between Team INSPIRE.

Pathlow managed to rock Horri enough with an roundhouse kick, that Iesada was able to rally back enough, to tag his Rapid Danger tag partner back into the match. Pathlow then came crashing down upon Horri with the HEART COMPACTOR (Diving Double Knee Drop), but before the hard hitting gaijin junior could make the cover...Kikkawa suddenly decided to tag back in.....

One....

Two....

Thr....

The delay had probably allowed for Horri to recover, Kikkawa somewhat frustrated by this then pulled Horri back up to a vertical base and wound up for the BURNING LARIAT, but Horri was able to block....

Horri and Kikkawa then pummelled each other with fore-arms, neither one willing to back down, before both tried for Lariats, only for them to connect at the same time and for it to lead to a double knock-down.....

Horri was able to tag out first to Nakasawa, and just when it looked like Kikkawa was set to tag out, neither a worn down Iesada or Pathlow was there to make the tag, giving Nakasawa enough time to haul Kikkawa back into the centre of the ring....

The World Champion was a step ahead of Kikkawa, and downed the King of the Fighters with a NAKASAWA NECKBREAKER (Swinging Inverted Neckbreaker)....

One.....

Two.....

Thr.....

But Kikkawa was able to show the strong fighting spirit, that makes him so hard to beat, and then he showed his cunning side by sneaking in an eye poke, before reversing a vertical suplex from Nakasawa into one of his own.

That got Kikkawa a two count, before the 'King of Fighter's tried to scoop Nakasawa upon his shoulders for a KIKKAWA DRIVER but Nakasawa managed to fight it off, and then dazed Kikkawa with a series of fore-arm smashes, before setting up for a COMPRESSION POWERBOMB but Kikkawa managed to block and then force a standing switch before dumping Nakasawa with a German Suplex......

Kikkawa then transitioned into the KIKKAWA DEATH CHOKE (Straight Jacket Hold), but before the Team INSPIRE leader could truly lock it in on, Nakasawa was able to battle his way to the ropes only for Kikkawa to dump Nakasawa with another German Suplex......

One......

Two.....

Thr.......

Elemental III, intervened in spectacular fashion, crashing down upon Kikkawa with an INFERNO SPLASH (Corkscrew 450 Splash)......

Kikkawa however was able to get the tag to Iesada first, and Nakasawa was still the legal man....but the World Champion levelled Iesada with a SUDDEN IMPACT LARIAT, giving him enough time to get the to Kinnojo Horri......

Iesada managed to roll out of the ring before Horri could get his hands on him, John Pathlow then sneaked in from behind and nailed 'Mr One Million Per Cent Burning Hammer' before Iesada stepped back into the ring and Rapid Danger combined on an Enziguri/Chop Block combo for a two count.

With Horri down on the mat, Iesada then synched in his signature cross arm-breaker the IESADA SPECIAL, but ring positioning was in Horri's favour and he was able to force the rope-break before his arm would be ripped out of it's socket.

Iesada looked for the submission again, but Horri somehow managed to fight it off and then plant Iesada with a DESTINY BOMB (Gutwrench Powerbomb) but Horri was too worn down to make the cover.....

Horri then got the tag into Elemental III, and the 'Third Generation icon' then proceeded to launch himself over the top-rope to come crashing down upon on all of Team INSPIRE, who were looking to re-group with the Elemental Space Flying Drop.....

When referee Terakado had restored order, John Pathlow found himself isolated in the ring with Hiroaki Nakaswa, and the World Champion then drove 'Rapid Fire' into the canvas with the H-BOMB.....

One......

Two....

Three.....

Suddenly with that decisive move, after just over half an hour of action the match was all over, as the Burning Sekigun trio emerged triumphant.

Result: Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri & Elemental III bt Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Tasuku Iesada & John Pathlow in 33:49 via pinfall (H-Bomb)

Rating: A

Onodera's Assessment: When you put six of the best Burning Hammer have to offer in the ring, the fans are going to lap it up, the times Nakasawa and Kikkawa were in the ring together were kept brief but when they did face off, the atmosphere was absolutely electric and gave a nice taster of what was to come in their up-coming unification match at the end of the month.

Post Match Comments:

Hiroaki Nakasawa: Kikkawa-san, I am stronger than you, and the Burning Sekigun are stronger than you, at Night of the Burning Hammer I WILL defeat you and your self inflated opinion as the King of Fighters will be crushed.

Tasuku Iesada: I thought everything was OK between me and Kikkawa-san after Quest of Heart, but....

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: But what, Iesada-san.

Tasuku Iesada: I was going to say, you didn't exactly pull your weight in that match did you now?

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Look I've got other things on my mind, more important things....

Tasuku Iesada: Well that didn't stop Nakasawa-san pulling his weight did it

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: If you and Pathlow-san, were up to the task...you could have beaten those Sekigun inferiors without my help....

Tasuku Iesada: We lost and we didn't get any help from you!!

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: My point exactly Iesada-san.

Overall: B+

Onodera's Viewpoint: I have to say I'm very content with this show, the main event delivered and it was supported by a solid undercard. I can't really quibble with the final rating TEW.com gave us either.

Your eyes do not deceive you, the next show is up !!

I only got internet back at home yesterday, but hopefully I can get things back on to a more regular track from here-on with this diary (not that I want to put pressure on myself by having to stick to some kind of rigid schedule).

Will probably post the preview for the next show (which hopefully won't take near enough a whole month to post) either tonight or tommorow.

Predictions Contest

Combustion Tour #3 (Show 9- Show 12)

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=371 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="45%" height=0>

Predictor

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="30%" height=0>

Last Round

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="25%" height=0>

Total Pts

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="45%" height=0>

Zergon

Lo-Drew

Infernalmiko

Dragonmack

Phantom Stranger

BigPapa42

Jesseewiak

N/A

legendkiller13

N/A

Smurphy1014

N/A

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Zergon leads by one point from Lo-Drew (who piggybacked on Zergon's picks) but everyone down to BigPapa42 is still in with a realistic chance of bagging the next interview with a BHOTWG star of their choice.

Sekigun winning the main event over INSPIRE seemed to catch every one out, not that was my intention.

BHOTWGPuroresu.com

BHOTWG continue their Combustion Tour, as they head to the Matsue Sports Park in Chugoku on Wednesday 6th October.

Following their defeat in six man action to the Burning Sekigun, 'Rapid Danger' felt somewhat hung out to dry by their Team INSPIRE leader Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Iesada in particular feeling that Kikkawa's was not giving his full effort in relation to Monday's main event in Chubu. Kikkawa's response was that Iesada and Pathlow need to prove they can defeat the 'best' without his help. The Ultimate Tag League Winners get such an opportunity to prove themselves to Kikkawa, when they once again face World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa and Kinnojo Horri. Will the twin powers of the Sekigun prove too strong fo Rapid Danger, or can Iesada and Pathlow draw on their Tag Team prowess to win through on this occassion?

The semi main event see's Junior Contenders Circle action, but there is more than just jockying for a future title shot on the line, as BURNING Cobra faces off with this former stable mate The Awesome Kiyaru. Kiyaru may be Junior Tag Champion, but he still covets the Junior Championship and he will be keen to halt Cobra's assault on the Black Heart Brethren, he is still a proud member of. In defeating Kiyara, Cobra will not only strengthen his claims at a future Junior Championship shot but will also continue to weaken the faction, he is determined to bring down, since his revelatory change in attitude since his Best of the Super Juniors finals defeat to Elemental III.

The Burning Sekigun- Black Heart Brethren war will also continue to play out in Six Man Tag action as Marihito Masuko teams with Wild Fire (Toshusai & Onodera) to take on Golden Scorpion and Black Magic (Taira & Masuno), and there is further Six Man Tag action as the core members of Dragon Feet 2K9 Sensational Dragon and The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) face off with the founding members of Macho-Universe, Mister Macho and Universal Excellence (Yasujiro & Kurofuji). Rounding out a trio of Six Man Tag's the Burning Sekigun is represented once again as Elemental III teams with Size of the Fight (Kokan & Konda) to go up against the RAGE trio of Merle O'Curle and Little Fury (VENOM & Shiomi). Which of these units will come out on top ?, as the faction war-fare in BHOTWG continues to heat up and become more competitive.

Tadiyuki Kikkawa has announced that he will be making another Open Challenge to anyone, to face him for his King of Fighters Championship on this show, despite being contracted to put the belt on the line against Hiroaki Nakasawa at Night of the Burning Hammer in a unification match. Kikkawa has told officials, and Nakasawa for that matter, that no matter who faces him his belt will STILL be on the line at Night of the Burning Hammer. Can Kikkawa's mystery challenger, cause a huge upset and make the Team INSPIRE pay for his arrogance?

The mysterious Some Dude In A Mask will also be in singles action, as Stone Yoshikawa is the latest BHOTWG roster member to step up against the enigmatic and dangerous newcomer. A third singles match see's Dragon Feet 2K9's young lion Omezo Shikitei, take on RAGE's Mitsunari Fuganaga, with both looking to really gain some traction and rise up the ranks in BHOTWG.

Rounding out the show Explosive Tension (Sanda & Okazaki) take on former three time World Tag Team Champions Snow Lizzard (Shiraishi & Kawate). The RAGE duo are looking to get immediately back into contention for the World Tag Team titles, after coming up short at Quest of Heart. Snow Lizzard have not really looked like contenders since their last run with the belts, but a victory here will go a long way to rejuvenating the ageing duo.

The pre-show has a pair of Junior Division singles matches as American Optimus takes on White Samurai and Super Joshuya faces off with Red Panther.

Proving Point Massive Tag Team Showdown (45 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Burning Sekigun'

World Champion-Hiroaki Nakasawa &

Kinnojo Horri

v

'Representing Team INSPIRE'

2011 Ultimate Tag League Winners:

Rapid Danger (Tasuku Iesada & John Pathlow)

~Heart Burns Stronger~

Junior Contenders Circle (45 Min Time Limit):

BURNING Cobra

vs

'Representing Black Heart Brethren'

Junior Tag Champion-

The Awesome Kiyaru

~Take Chance, Fire Back~

Open Challenge for the King of Fighters Championship (30 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Team INSPIRE'

Tadiyuki Kikkawa

vs

????

Neverending War- Six Man Battle (30 Min Time Limit):

Marihito Masuko &

Wild Fire (Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Onodera)

vs

'Representing Black Heart Brethren'

Junior Tag Champion- Golden Scorpion &

Black Magic (Yasuhiko Taira & Yasunobu Masuno)

Six Man Challenge (30 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Dragon Feet 2K9'

Junior Champion- Sensational Dragon &

World Tag Team Champions-

The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae)

vs

'Representing Macho-Universe'

Mister Macho &

Universal Excellence (Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji)

Six Man Challenge #2 (20 Min Time Limit):

2010 BOSJ Cup Winner- Elemental III &

Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda)

vs

'Representing RAGE'

Merle O'Curle &

Little Fury (Yoshii Shiomi & VENOM)

Tag Team Challenge (20 Min Time Limit):

'Representing RAGE'

Explosive Tension (Chuichi Sanda & Masaaki Okazaki)

vs

Snow Lizzard (Sanetom Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate)

Gut Check Singles Challenge (15 Min Time Limit):

'Representing RAGE'

Mitsunari Fuganaga

vs

'Representing Dragon Feet 2K9'

Omezo Shikitei

Singles Challenge (15 Min Time Limit):

Stone Yoshikawa

vs

'Some Dude In A Mask'

Pre-Show Matches (10 Min Time Limit):

American Optimus vs White Samurai

Red Panther vs Super Joshuya

Predictions Form

Nakasawa & Horri vs Rapid Danger (Iesada & Pathlow)

Junior CC: Black Cobra vs The Awesome Kiyaru

King of Fighters Championship: Tadiyuki Kikkawa vs ????

Masuko, Toshusai & Onodera vs Scorpion, Taira & Masuno

Sensastional Dragon, Shimedzu & Miyamae vs Macho, Yasujiro & Kurofuji

Elemental III, Kokan & Konda vs O'Curle, Shiomi & VENOM

Explosive Tension (Sanda & Okazaki) vs Snow Lizzard (Shiraishi & Kawate)

Mitsunari Fuganaga vs Omezo Shikitei

Stone Yoshikawa vs 'Some Dude In A Mask'

I would love to see Iesada & Pathlow getting a win here but I doubt it happens.

Cobra continues to be the thorn on the side of Black Heart Brethrens

Looking at the card I can´t think any big enough name on your roster that could even theorically beat Kikkawa and I doubt any new guy would go over Kikkawa in his first match unless that said new guy is REALLY big name.

Personal preference as I really like Black Heart Brethren guys for some odd reason.

Bigger names.

Elemental III is the biggest name here but this is the kind of match that RAGE guys could win and since you want to showcase them as real thread I assume that they has a shot here even if their opponents are slighly more over.

Sanda and Okazaki needs to look strong and them losing to Snow Lizard would completely defead the purpose of representing RAGE as something else than a jobber team.

Shikitei continues to pay he´s dues.

Another win for the mystery masked man.

Samurai is in the bottom of the barrel

Joshuya is the bigger name here

I really think this is leading to the INSPIRE faction finally breaking up and a unification match between Nakasawa and Kikkawa

BURNING (Black) Cobra gets the win here to line up another shot at the Junior title.

Kikkawa won't lose this belt before he faces Nakasawa

Scorpion takes the fall as Wild Fire are a better short term opponent for the Rebellion

Champions victory

Contenders over the jobbers

The first four are basically squashes, the last one could go either way, but Joshuya has the more respected past.

I really think this is leading to the INSPIRE faction finally breaking up and a unification match between Nakasawa and Kikkawa

BURNING (Black) Cobra gets the win here to line up another shot at the Junior title.

Kikkawa won't lose this belt before he faces Nakasawa

Scorpion takes the fall as Wild Fire are a better short term opponent for the Rebellion

Champions victory

Contenders over the jobbers

The first four are basically squashes, the last one could go either way, but Joshuya has the more respected past.

I approve

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BHOTWG-1.jpg?t=1268427909

Combustion Tour # 12

(Wednesday 6th October 2010)

Matsue Sports Park, Chugoku (4'689 No Vacancy)

Pre-Show

Match A: American Optimus vs White Samurai

White Samurai started the match with plenty of energy, as if though he was keen to a prove a point that he still belonged in BHOTWG despite of his long losing streak. American Optimus however was able to weather the brief storm and was able to force the struggling Samurai to tap out to the OPTIMIZER.

Result: American Optimus [w] bt White Samurai [L] in 4:47 via submission (Optimizer)

Match B: Red Panther vs Super Joshuya

This pre-show match pitted two Junior Division wrestlers looking to turn around their fortunes, Joshuya's problems have been more well documented with him losing to American Optimus at Quest of Heart and thus losing his spot in Dragon Feet 2K9. Panther on the other hand has struggled to rise out of the lower ranks of the Junior Division throughout 2010.

Panther looked as though he would take advantage of a some what out of-sorts Joshuya on several occasions, coming close to victory with a PANTHERPLEX that earned a two count and a TUMBLEWEED LEGDROP that saw Joshuya only just save himself by putting his foot on the ropes. But those close calls for Panther, saw Joshuya step it up a gear and hint towards a slightly more meaner streak as he peppered Panther with a striking offence not normally associated with the 'Nippon Luchadore'....Those flurry of strikes, proved to be enough to soften Panther up enough for Joshuya to plant Panther with the J-DROP for the three count.

Result: Super Joshuya [w] bt Red Panther [L] in 7:02 via pinfall (J-Drop)

Main Show

Match #1: Shimedzu, Miyamae & Sensational Dragon vs

Mister Macho, Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Shimedzu-1.jpg?t=1268429674http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Miyamae-1.jpg?t=1268429694http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon_jhd21.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_EijiHamacho_jhdMacho1.jpg?t=1294616716http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BaireiYasujiro-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HaruKurofuji.jpg

The opening main show contest would see a six man battle between Dragon Feet 2K9 and Macho-Universe. The more established DF2K9 would come in as the favourites, as Macho-Universe looked to pull off an upset that would really establish themselves as a serious threat to the more established stables in BHOTWG.

After an even back and forth feeling out process, the match broke down after Mister Macho got a near fall from turning Dragon inside out with a Macho-Lariat...that lead to The Rebellion making the save but soon being engaged by Universal Excellence, who surprised the tag champs with their speed, culminating in Barei Yasujiro making a spectacular Twisting moonsault to the floor, wiping out everyone else in the process.

The match then swung back and forth with both The Rebellion and Universal Excellence pulling out signature double teams, but around ten minutes in it was Universal Excellence who came closest to pulling out what would be seen as an upset win for the Macho-Universe trio with their signature double team UNIVERSAL STUDIOS (German Suplex from Kurofuji, followed by a standing Shooting Star Press form Yasujiro) on Miyamae, but luckily for 'the viper' Dragon was able to make the save. Dragon himself though almost got put away from Mister Macho, after being on the receiving end of an OLD SKOOL PILEDRIVER but once again much to the Macho-Universe trio's frustrations, some one (Shimedzu this time round) was there to make the timely save.

Soon enough, the Dragon Feet 2K9 trio's resilliance soon got to the Macho-Universe trio and mistakes crept in, with Macho accidently levelling Yasujiro with a Macho-Lariat....The Rebellion then took out Macho with a leg-sweep/roundhouse kick combo.....leaving Kurofuji exposed to Sensational Dragon's devastating super-kick , DRAGON SLICE (Shiranui) sequence. Macho-Universe had given it a good go, but in the end Dragon Feet 2K9's experience saw them through to victory.

Result: Shimedzu, Miyamae & Sensational Dragon [w] vs Mister Macho, Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji [L] in 14:04 via pinfall (Dragon Slice)

Onodera's Assessment: Good opener, Macho-Universe got to look competitive here, without making Dragon Feet 2K9 look weak. As much as we want everyone to look like they could win on any given day, right now The Rebellion and Sensational Dragon are being built as top tier members of the Burning Hammer roster, and it would foolish to have them lose to a midcard trio, even if such an upset would have given that midcard trio a huge boost. In these cases, it's better to 'tease' the upset, than to actually act upon it.

Post Match Comments:

Shimedzu: When the year is out Dragon Feet 2K9 will stand atop BHOTWG as the most dominant faction...we already have the Tag belts round myself and Miyamae-san's waists and Dragon-san has been dominant as Junior Champion...

Sensational Dragon: It should be noted that I haven't just been dominant I have been Sensational!!

Miyamae: All that remains is singles glory in the heavyweight ranks, and that's something I'm very capable of.....

Shimedzu: Indeed it is Miyamae-san, and it's also something I'm very capable of.

Mister Macho: Oh no, a bit of the old miscommunication run this show Macho show out of town...but we can get get this back together Brothers....OOH YEAAAHH!!

Barei Yasujiro: On the plus side, we went out there and competed with one of the best unit's in terms of ability here in BHOTWG, on the downside we still lost...and we aren't here to win sympathy from the fans for trying hard, Macho-Universe is here to win and we will do everything we can...that's everything we can within the rules to climb to the very top of the mountain.

Match #2: Some Dude In A Mask vs Stone Yoshikawa

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Alts/Renders/SDITM_jhd.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_StoneYoshikawa.jpg

The result of this match was never in doubt, as it was just a case of when, not if the enigmatic 'Some Dude In A Mask' would emerge with the victory and after just under five minutes of near blanket dominance, the masked man made Yoshikawa tap out to a High Angle Arm Bar.

Result: Some Dude In A Mask [w] bt Stone Yoshikawa [L] in 4:40 via submission (High Angle Arm Bar)

Onodera's Assessment: Another show, another squash for SDIAM. The time now is probably approaching to dispense with SDIAM facing low tier workers and for him to start facing tougher tests.

Post Match Comments:

Just as at Monday's show, the press try to get a sound-bite out from 'Some Dude In A Mask' but the enigmatic newcomer gives them the silent treatment yet again.

Match #3: Elemental III, Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda vs

Yoshii Shiomi, VENOM & Merle O'Curle

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalIII.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HyosukeKokan-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KansukeKonda-1.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YoshiiShiomi-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Venom-1.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Alts/Renders/MerleOCurle_jhd3.jpg

* Credit to JHD-1 for the new and improved Merle O'Curle.

The RAGE trio of Little Fury and O'Curle were in control for a good portion of this match, with Little Fury almost securing victory with their signature double team the ENGAGE THE RAGE (Enziguri/Reverse STO combo) on Kokan and Merle O'Curle managing to trap Konda in the CELTIC WREATH (Seated Chickenwing Crossface), only for the Big Fight Player to bravely make it to the ropes.

After those near-falls for RAGE, Elemental III in particular stepped it up several notches and after a tri-fecta kick series, Elemental Suplex, INFERNO SPLASH sequence on O'Curle, the 'Third Generation Icon' was able to secure victory for the trio of Sekigun Juniors.

Result: Elemental III [w], Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda bt Yoshii Shiomi, VENOM & Merle O'Curle [L] in 9:53 via pinfall (Inferno Splash)

Rating: B-

Onodera's Assessment: Another competitive six man that engaged the crowd pretty well, but once again one where we had to tease the upset, rather than pull the trigger on it. Right now O'Curle-san simply hasn't built up enough pop, to go over someone like Elemental-san even in scenarios, such as this.

Post Match Comments:

Elemental III: To be honest I can't wait for Night of the Burning Hammer to roll round, because on that night I will DEFEAT Dragon-san for the Junior Championship and prove to everyone that I truly am the best of the Super Juniors. In the meantime it is good to be getting into the winning habit...

Kansuke Konda: Indeed it is good to get into that winning habit, Kokan-san and I have not given up in our quest to win the Junior Tag Team Titles....we will NEVER give up in our quest.

Instead of Tadiyuki Kikkawa being out to make the open challenge for his King of Fighters Championship, former World Tag Team Champion Nisso Yuasha is standing in the ring, and somewhat unfortunately for the fans in attendance he has something to say...

Nisso Yuasha: Ever since losing the World Tag Team Championship, I've become a laughing stock. I should be the most dominant competitor here in BHOTWG but I find myself treated as an afterthought, and to be honest regarded as something of a joke.....

Tired of hearing Nisso Yuasha's whining Tadiyuki Kikkawa comes (unusually to some cheers this time round, as the crowd just really don't want to hear Yuasha's whingeing)......

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Hey why don't we dress you up in a Maid Outfit

Nisso Yuasha: Maid Outfit?!!!

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Moe Moe Kyun!!

Nisso Yuasha: It's not funny Kikkawa-san!!

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Oh quit being a fat Moe-Blob! The only person you have to blame for being a laughing stock is yourself Yuasha-san....

Nisso Yuasha: But....

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: But nothing !! You can whine all you like, but fact is you keep losing matches to people you SHOULD be beating...you could be a dominant force, but you're too stupid to actually harness the raw materials you are made of.....

Nisso Yuasha: I don't need a lecture right now, in fact why don't you just butt out.....

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Maybe I will, but maybe I won't....How about you actually try to step up for once....

Nisso Yuasha: Step up to what exactly?

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: How about instead of whining, actually doing something about it...and I'm going to give you a great opportunity here Yuasha-san, how about you challenge me for this tonight...

Kikkawa holds up for the King of Fighters Championship.....

Or are you too scared to step into the ring, with someone you know you can't beat !!

Nisso Yuasha: You're not invincible Kikkawa-san, I'll 'step up' alright...and I'll be glad to take that belt from around your waist...no one, absolutely no one...calls me a fat Moe-Blob to my face and gets away with it!

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: That's the answer I wanted to hear !!

~Take Chance, Fire Back~

Match #4: King of Fighters Championship:

Tadiyuki Kikkawa vs Nisso Yuasha

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_INSPIRE.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadiyukiKikkawa.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_NisshoYuasa-1.jpg

As soon as the bell rung, they engaged one another with some back and forth brawling. Neither one was showing any will to back down from the other and the match was mired in a stale-mate, until Kikkawa stepped it up a gear and back-peddled the 'Baby Elephant' with some heavy lefts and rights, before winding up for the KIKKAWA LARIAT, only for Yuasha to suddenly level Kikkawa with a Lariat of his own.

The 'Baby Elephant' then hoisted Kikkawa up and sent the Team INSPIRE leader crashing to the mat with the THUNDER DROP (Gorilla Press Powerslam).....

Yuasha then whipped a dazed Kikkawa into the corner, and followed up with the ELEPHANT STAMPEDE (Body Avalance)....Kikkawa slumped to the mat and referee Koetsu Shinozaki made the ten count......

Kikkawa kicked out at seven, but Yuasha wasn't going to relent on the pressure and whipped Kikkawa into the opposite corner, but perhaps due to Yuasha suddenly running out of gas, this time Kikkawa was able to move out of the way of the ELEPHANT STAMPEDE....

Kikkawa then surprised everyone by drop-kicking Yuasha, that took the Baby Elephant off balance enough for KIKKAWA LARIAT to fell the former World Tag Team Champion......

Yuasha hauled himself back up from the ten count at the eight mark, before suddenly finding another burst of energy to pummel the 'King of Fighters' with some lefts and rights....before trying to set up for a QUAKE BOMB, but Kikkawa stood his ground and with an incredible show of strength took over the super heavyeight with a snap head an arm suplex....

Such a move took it all out of Kikkawa though, and it became a race to see who could beat the ten count first to claim the 'King of Fighters' prize....

Incredibly both just about beat the ten count at the same time....Another back and forth engagement of brawling followed, until Kikkawa made a break through by rocking Yuasha with a KIKKAWA LARIAT.......another one followed and Yuasha went down........

Kikkawa then waved off the ten count and instead immediatly went to apply the KIKKAWA DEATH CHOKE (Straight Jacket Hold).....

Yuasha determined not to give and show some fighting spirit, refused to tap but it was clear he had nothing left and Shinozaki saw no other choice but to call for the bell.

Result: Tadiyuki Kikkawa [w] bt Nisso Yuasha [L] in 7:36 via submission (Kikkawa Death Choke)

Tadiyuki Kikkawa makes V15 defence of King of Fighters Championship

Onodera's Assessment: No one ever truly believed Yuasha-san, had any real chance of beating Kikkawa-san, but Kikkawa-san as he always does in these matches makes it look like the no-hope challenger might just have an inkling of a chance of causing the upset, before having their hopes snatched from them.

Post Match Comments:

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: That Fat Moe-Blob Yuasha-san could be a dominant force here in BHOTWG, well he wouldn't ever be as dominant as me...but fact is despite his size and power...he's too stupid to know how to use that size and power properly.

Match #5: Marihito Masuko, Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Onodera vs Golden Scorpion, Yasuhiko Taira & Yasunobu Masuno

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko_jhd1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadakuniToshusai_USPW1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TakayukiAvatar.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion-1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasuhikoTaira-1.jpg?t=1268429453http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasunobuMasuno-1.jpg?t=1268429402

The match followed the usual pattern of a match involving, the Black Heart Brethren...that being that the faces would start the better but the BHB would find a way through nefarious means to get back into the match and isolate a member of the opposing team. That member just so happened to be the smallest man in the match Marihito Masuko. But the diminutive Junior showed admirable courage, in standing up to the BHB's methodic beat-down, and when Taira set up Masuko for the WRECKING BALL (Muscle Buster), the 'Painted Wonder' was able to fight it off and then counter into an INTO THE WHITE (Springboard Bulldog)....

That enabled Masuko to get the hot-tag into a fired up Tadakuni Toshusai and 'Wild Charisma' came close to victory with a SPINE SHOCKER on Golden Scorpion. Only for the pin to be broken up by Black Magic.....the former World Tag Team Champions then double teamed Toshusai, but Onodera and Masuko were able to intervene before they set Toshusai up for the DEVASTATOR.

The match then broke down from there, as referee Terakado struggled to maintain control of who actually was the legal man, making for an excititing exchange of near-falls as the match reached it's conclusion. Golden Scorpion almost secured victory for the BHB when planting Marihito Masuko with the SCORPION STINGER (Leg Trap Sunset Flip Powerbomb).

But Wild Fire were able to intervene and looked to have secured victory with the 8 WAY SANTA (Wheelbarrow Facebuster/Cutter combo) but that got broken up, and admidst the chaos Masuno managed to level Toshusai with the MAGIC K.O (Rolling Elbow).....'Wild Charisma' went down as though he had just been shot, leaving Onodera isolated........Black Magic then combined to plant Onodera into the canvas with the DEVASTATOR (Flapjack/Cutter combo) to secure the victory for the BHB trio.

Result: Golden Scorpion, Yasuhiko Taira & Yasunobu Masuno [w] bt Marihito Masuko, Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Onodera [L] in 15:21 via pinfall (Devastator)

Onodera's Assessment: This was formula stuff, but it's a formula the crowd are still able to lap-up. The BHB went over here, as we feel of late they have perhaps been looking a little 'weak' as a heel threat and this was a solid win to get them back on track.

Post Match Comments:

Yasuhiko Taira: The Black Heart Brethren, ain't going anywhere and there is nothing Cobra-san or those idiots Wild Fire can do about it....

Yasunobu Masuno: Sekigun, INSPIRE, Dragon Feet we'll take you all on, and we'll dominate you!

Tadakuni Toshusai: BRETHRENNN!! your time will come, your time WIILLL COMMME!!!

Takayuki Onodera: Indeed your time will come Brethren and that time will be when we've rid Burning Hammer of the cancer that you are, you have won this battle, but rest assured you will NOT win the war.

Match #6: Mitsunari Fuganaga vs Omezo Shikitei

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MitsunariFugunaga_jhd-11.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_OmezoShikitei.jpg

This was an evenly contested battle between two wrestlers looking to build a winning habit. Much of the match was a cagey affair, fought out on the mat and there were times that both Shikitei (with the 'Broken Sword' Crucifix Arm Bar) and Fuganaga (with the Triangle Choke) though they had managed to lock in their signature submission hold, only of their opponent to escape.

In the end though it was a submission that got the job done, as the more experienced Fuganaga was able to put Shiketei away following a Running Knee Drive and then the WHO'S LAUGHING NOW (Double Underhook Facebuster)

Result: Mitsunari Fuganaga [w] bt Omezo Shikitei [L] in 8:07 via pinfall (Who's Laughing Now)

Rating: C

Onodera's Assessment: This wasn't a bad match, but in the eyes of the fans this was the match where they could get out of their seats and get some Yakisoba, or whatever instant noodle snack they were selling at this venue. Quite simply both Fuganaga-san and Shikitei-san are solid workers but aren't really that over with the fans at the moment.

Match #7: Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate) vs Explosive Tension (Chuichi Sanda & Masaaki Okazaki)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/SanetomoShiraishi-1.jpg?t=1268428765 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SessueKawateALT21.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ChuichiSanda_jhd21.jpg &http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MasaakiOkazaki.jpg

Both teams were looking to get back into Tag Team Championship contention and a win here would have been of benefit to both teams, though admittedly of more benefit to the former three time champions Snow Lizzard, who were looking to get out of their long slump.

In fact it was Snow Lizzard who started much the brighter, and they almost pulled out a shock early victory, when just under three minutes in Sessue Kawate planted Sanda with the FREEZE FRAME (Forward Russian Legsweep).

However that only served as a 'wake up' call for the RAGE duo, who perhaps weren't taking the struggling veterans all that seriously at the start of the match. Once Sanda and Okazaki stepped it up several notches, Snow Lizzard were simply unable to keep up and in the end Kawate was forced to tap out to the CENTURY CRAB LIFT (Leglock Cloverleaf) with Shiraishi too worn down to intervene.

Result: Chuichi Sanda & Masaaki Okazaki [w] bt Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate [L] in 9:08 via submission (Century Crab Lift)

Onodera's Assessment: Snow Lizzard's three World Tag Team Championship reigns will always garner them a decree of respect from the fans, but fact is they just don't have it anymore, they really ARE an ageing team well past their sell by date.

Post Match Comments:

Masaaki Okazaki: A win over those has-been's Snow Lizzard doesn't mean alot, but a wins a win and we went out there and did the job asked of us.

Sessue Kawate: I know that there are plenty out there, that question why Shiraishi-san and I carry on....well I question that too sometimes but as long as I can still step inside of a wrestling ring, I will never give up on what I love. Wrestling is my life, without wrestling I would be a wreck....so no matter how hard these times get for me, I will keep going.

~Heart Burns Stronger~

Match #8: Junior Contenders Circle:

BURNING Cobra vs The Awesome Kiyaru

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DuaneStone_alt1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TheAwesomeKiyaru-1.jpg

The semi main event was a contenders circle match for the Junior Division, but after Cobra's split from and subsequent mission to bring down his former Black Heart Brethren stable mates this also had personal animosity behind it.

The start of the match saw a fired up Cobra go right after Kiyaru with furious strikes, but the 'Dark Enigma' was able to weather the storm and then rolled out of the ring. Cobra wasn't going to take the bait so allowed for Kiyaru to get back in....This time Cobra's approach was more measured, as he engaged his former stable mate in some chain wrestling but that only ended up in a hold for hold stale mate......

Cobra however then seemed to make a break through levelling Kiyaru with a drop-kick and then setting up for a German Suplex, but the Dark Enigma managed to sneak a low blow and then plant Cobra into the canvas with a Falcon Arrow for a two count count.

Kiyaru then stomped away on Cobra, before heading up top but the 'Reformed Hero' managed to pick himself up off the mat and then cut Kiyaru off, before trying to set up for a superplex but Kiyaru raked the eyes and then took Cobra down with a flying body press....

That lead to a two count, but Cobra was then able to roll through and then get a grab of Kiyaru's legs to start setting up for the STONE HOLD (Sharpshooter) but Kiyaru knew what was coming and managed to fight Cobra off, eventually kicking his former BHB stable mate through the ropes and out to the floor.....

Cobra managed to quickly pick himself back up onto the ring apron but was then quickly sent back to the floor with a baseball slide from Kiyaru, that sent the 'Reformed Hero' crashing agains the ring barricade. Kiyaru then launched himself at Cobra with a spectacular Arabian Press, that saw both combatants wiped out into the crowd.

Referee Umeki applied the double floor count, and it became a race to see who could haul themselves back into the ring first.....

Kiyaru as expected was the first to get into the ring, but when he saw Cobra getting back up he put his own body on the line again and sent himself crashing into Cobra again, this time with a slingshot splash. 'The Dark Enigma' then picked himself back up and then ruthlessly lifted Cobra up to a vertical base, before planting the 'Reformed Hero' into a row of chairs with a Falcon Arrow.....

Kiyaru rolled back into the ring, and it seemed as though he was about to steal the win with a count-out.......

Seventeen....

Eighteen.....

Nineteen.....

Twen.......

Frustratingly for Kiyaru, Cobra managed to haul himself back into the ring at the last split second. But the 'reformed hero' looked to be all out of gas, and simply getting back into the ring seemed to have taken it all out of him.

Kiyaru paced around for a bit, and then went out onto the ring apron.......

ETHEREAL KILLER (Springboard Shooting Star Press)........

But Cobra got the knees up, and then suddenly with a sudden burst of adrenalin, turned Kiyaru over into the STONE HOLD (Sharpshooter)......

Kiyaru managed to fight his way over to the ropes and force the rope-break but was immediately dumped with a German Suplex from Cobra. The 'Reformed Hero' held onto the waistlock and dumped Kiyaru with another German, and then a third before settling into a Bridging Pin.......

One.....

Two....

Thr.....

Kiyaru kicked out, but Cobra was able to keep the momentum shift his way and once again, manged to turn Kiyaru over into the STONE HOLD.

This time Cobra had it synched in right in the middle of the ring......

But Kiyaru showed great fighting spirit by making it over to the ropes and forcing the rope break.....

Cobra however continued to remain in control and planted the weary Kiyaru with the STONEPLEX (Bridging Northern Lights Suplex).....

One.....

Two.....

Thr......

To Cobra's growing frustration, Kiyaru managed to get his shoulder up at the last split second...Cobra then tried to lift the 'Dark Enigma' up for the Death By Cobra, but Kiyaru was proving to be something of a dead weight.

Feeling however that a count-out might not be enough, Cobra then decided to head for the top-rope before he came soaring off with the FROM CANADA WITH LOVE (Swandive Headbutt)....

But Kiyaru rolled out of the way at the last split second and then suddenly planted Cobra into the canvas with a standing KIYARU EFFECT (Forward Somersault Stunner)......

Kiyaru then wearily crawled across the ring to make the cover on the 'Reformed Hero'

One....

Two.....

Thr.......

Kiyaru's failure to hook the leg, perhaps allowed Cobra to find enough momentum to kick out and stay in the match.....

Cobra however remained rooted to the mat, and Kiyaru decided to head up top....but the 'Dark Enigma' took too much time in doing so, allowing for Cobra to haul himself up off the canvas and cut Kiyaru off on the top turbuckle.....

They then traded lefts and rights on the top, until Kiyaru was able to shove Cobra off and set up for the MAGIC CLOUD (Imploding 450 Splash) but Cobra managed to pick himself back up again and then send Kiyaru crashing back into the ring with a Belly to Back Superplex......

Unfortunately though for referee Umeki, he managed to get in the way, as they came crashing back into the ring, and the senior referee of BHOTWG was planted face first into the canvas.....

It was more unfortunate however for Cobra who was set to keep the pressure upon Kiyaru, only for the devious Junior Tag Champion to seize the opportunity to blow the dreaded BLACK MIST into the eyes of the 'Reformed Hero'...Kiyaru immediately took advantage of Cobra's disorientated state.....planting Cobra into the mat with the Tilt-A-Whirl Russian Leg-sweep......

Kiyaru then planted Cobra into the canvas again, with a second Tilt-A-Whirl Russian,as the 'reformed Hero' definatly picked himself back up off the canvas, before dragging the disorientated Cobra into position for Kiyaru to head up top......

MAGIC CLOUD !!!

Kiyaru came crashing down upon Cobra, his timing perfect as Umeki had managed to shake the cobwebs and crawl across to make the count....

One.....

Two.....

Three !!

Kiyaru had found a way to steal the victory from Cobra, to leave his former stable mate and the fans seething with frustation.

Result: The Awesome Kiyaru [w] bt Black Cobra [L] via pinfall (Magic Cloud)

Rating: A

Onodera's Assessment: Throw two out of top Junior Division wrestlers against each other, and the expectations is for them to deliver a great match, and thankfully that's exactly what the did here, not only are Cobra-san and Kiyaru-san two great talents in their own right, they also work really well against each other, so I think it's safe to say that this one match-up that will be revisited at some point in the future. Kiyaru-san got the sneaky win here, because the aim isn't for Cobra-san to run rough-shod over the BHB and make them look weak, the aim is for Cobra to have a battle on his hands in his efforts to bring down his former stable, whilst also looking like the man who could be the key player for the Sekigun in their long standing effort to rid Burning Hammer of the 'Brethren'.

Post Match Comments:

The Awesome Kiyaru: You always felt that you were superior to Scorpion-san and I, didn't you when you were on our side...and I bet you still feel that way now...but tonight I BEAT you Cobra-san and the Junior Championship will be back round my waist, before it ever goes round yours!!

Black Cobra: Kiyaru-san, I only have myself to blame for letting you defeat me...I of all people should have seen your dirty tricks coming from a mile off. I know what you are capable of, I know what extremes you are prepared to go to, in the name of victory. But next time I won't be so foolish, next time we meet I will make you pay, just as I will make all of the Brethren pay. The BHB's days are coming to an end, it may be soon, it may be later but as long as I am here, the Black Heart Brethren will be destroyed.

Match #9: Hiroaki Nakasawa & Kinnojo Horri vs

Rapid Danger (Tasuku Iesada & John Pathlow)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HiroakiNakasawaALT21.jpg & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri_jhd1.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TasukuIesada.jpg & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HellMonkey_alt2.jpg

Rapid Danger were looking to prove to Tadiyuki Kikkawa that they could defeat the very best without his help, but standing in their way of that goal was the World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa and recent challenger Kinnojo Horri.

The start of the match saw the momentum with the Sekigun duo, as they used their size and power to dominate their opponents, but Rapid Danger weathered the storm, and using the quicker and slicker team-work they had managed to develop since becoming a regular team, they managed to turn the tide and eventually cut off the ring and isolate Kinnojo Horri.

The Team INSPIRE duo then worked over the arm of Horri, one such ingenious way of dishing out such punishment was a flying double stomp from Pathlow, as Iesada held Horri's arm in place across the top rope.

Feeling they had worn down Horri enough, Iesada then applied the IESADA SPECIAL (Cross Arm Breaker) , and it looked as though 'Mr One Million Per Cent Burning Hammer' was set to tap out but Nakasawa managed to break past Pathlow, and make the last ditch save, before being ordered back to his corner by referee Terakado.

Out of desperation, Horri levelled Iesada with a Lariat before dropping to the mat and clutching his arm, still feeling the agony of the Iesada Special. Iesada managed to get the tag into Pathlow before Horri could tag out to Nakasawa.

Pathlow connected with the BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA (Running Leaping Side Kick)........

One.....

Two.....

Thr.....

Horri somehow managed to kick out at the last split second.....Pathlow then paced around in frustration, before looking over to Iesada but instead of making the tag, Pathlow made the decision to head up top.....'Rapid Fire' then came crashing down with the HEART COMPACTOR (Diving Double Knee Drop) but Horri managed to move out of the way and then plant Pathlow with the FIERCE SPINEBUSTER (High Angle Spinebuster).....

Too worn down to make the cover, it then became a race between Horri and Pathlow to see who could tag out first....

Despite just being planted hard into the mat, Pathlow managed to tag out first but Iesada was unable to prevent Horri from doing the same, and Nakasawa on the outside, looking in for so long... bombarded Iesada with a whirlwind of clotheslines, but before he could set up to finish Iesada off, the 2010 Super 10 Cup Winner managed to roll out of the ring to re-group on the outside.

Perhaps out of frustration from being out of the match for so long, Nakasawa wasn't going to wait around and gave chase...but the H-Bomb was taken by surprise with a drop-kick off the apron from Pathlow.

Iesada then continued the assault, wrapping Nakasawa's arm round the ring post, before Pathlow delivered a stiff kick......

Iesada rolled Nakasawa back into the ring and looked to set up for the IESADA SPECIAL, but knowing what was coming Nakasawa managed to fight it off, but a stiff kick to the back from Pathlow as he set up for a Lariat, kept Rapid Danger in control and that was followed by a drop toe hold/basement drop kick combo from the UTL winners for a two count.

Pathlow then peppered Nakasawa with a rapid combination of kicks, before unleashing the APOCALYPSE LARIAT (Rebound Pendulum Lariat).......

One.....

Two.....

Thr.....

Horri intervened at the last split second, before being sent out of the ring by Iesada who then proceeded to hold Horri back from intervening further........

Pathlow waited for the World Champion to rise back to his feet, and once again he looked to build momentum for the Apocalypse Lariat, but this time Nakasawa was able to block it and then respond with a Lariat of his own........

Nakasawa then hoisted the suddenly dazed Pathlow upon his shoulders, and then planted 'Rapid Fire' into the canvas with the H-BOMB !! (Crucifix Powerbomb)

Now it was suddenly Horri holding Iesada back.....

One....

Two....

Three !!

The impact of the H-Bomb was too much for Pathlow to handle, and once again Rapid Danger had come up short against the very best of the Sekigun.

Result: Hiroaki Nakasawa [w] & Kinnojo Horri bt Tasuku Iesada & John Pathlow [L] in 31:14 via pinfall (H-Bomb)

Rating: B+

Onodera's Assessment: Whilst for the most part this was the quality main event expected from these four men, it did take a while to get out of 'second gear' and did kind of feel like the not so good sequel to Monday's six man tag, that also involved Kikkawa-san and Elemental-san. Maybe I'm sounding a little harsh, but as a main event this was merely very-good as opposed to memorable. Something the 'smarks' would give three and a half stars too, as opposed to four or above.

Post Match Comments:

Hiroaki Nakasawa: As the Burning World Champion, I feel unstoppable right now and I certainly won't be stopped from continuing to build my great legacy by Kikkawa-san.

Tasuku Iesada: I really wanted to prove Kikkawa-san wrong tonight, but Nakasawa-san and Horri-san WERE too strong....too strong tonight that is. I am sure that Pathlow-san and I can beat them but tonight they were stronger than us and in order to defeat opponents so strong, we must become stronger.

Overall: B

Onodera's Viewpoint: A little frustrated with the overall grade given out here, the semi main event was a better match than the main event, but I felt combined they would have been good enough to take this to a B+.

Predictions Contest

Combustion Tour #3 (Show 9- Show 12)

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=371 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="45%" height=0>

Predictor

Last Round

Total Pts

Zergon

Lo-Drew

Dragonmack

BigPapa42

Infernalmiko

N/A

Phantom Stranger

N/A

Smurphy1014

Jesseewiak

N/A

legendkiller13

N/A

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The final round in this stage of the predictions contest, see's Zergon and Lo-Drew tied at the top with 35 points. However as Zergon's picks were all his own, where as Lo-Drew's were a copy of Dragonmack's....I'm giving this stage to Zergon. Zergon will now get the chance to interview a BHOTWG star of his choice (- Yasuhiko Taira has already been done, so please do someone different !)

Overall this was a fairly easy event to call, with only the slight upset of Kiyaru going over Cobra catching everyone out. In fact the eventual winner Zergon scored the lowest amount of points, after incorrectly predicting the RAGE trio would over come Elemental/SOTF (though I admire that sort of risk and the logic he gave behind it)....

Archived