BHOTWG- Stepping into the Inferno

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BHOTWGPuroresu.com

'Fan's Choice: Spotlight Interview'

As the winner of the second prediction's contest of the Combustion Tour Zergon got to pose a series of questions to a Burning Hammer star of his choice.

Zergon's choice was the co-leader of the rebuilt RAGE faction, one half of the Explosive Tension Tag Team alongsider Chuichi Sanda, and a one time member of Team INSPIRE ... 'No Mercy' Masaaki Okazaki

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MasaakiOkazaki.jpg

1. Are RAGE actively looking to recruit new members or are you happy with who you got right now?

Right now we're pretty happy with who we have around us. I feel that all of us in RAGE all have a common ground with one another and that common ground is that we had hit rock bottom. You see Sanda-san and I were at a low ebb after being banished from Team INSPIRE and the rest of RAGE were at an equally low ebb after losing their leadership....we've helped to pick each other up to respectability once again, now it's time for us to take that step up to the next level.

2. What are your personal goals right now, are you looking to capture some belts or do you rather concentrate building RAGE up as a stable?

I will admit that singles championship glory right now, isn't on the radar..... though if the opportunity arises.

But Tag gold seems the more realistic goal right at this moment in time. Sanda-san and I have a good team going and we feel that we can get the better of any team here in Burning Hammer including the champions. Little Fury too are certainly good enough to win the Junior Tag belts, we just have to believe in it more and championship gold can be ours.

3. Which stable(s) you believe are RAGE´s main contenters right now?

Every stable is a contender to us, right now we may not be the most powerful stable...but I truly believe one day we will be talked about in ways that refer to our dominance. In all honesty a month or so back, I would have said Team INSPIRE are our main rivals, with the way it ended between myself and Kikkawa-san but to be honest I'm over that now....I'm happy my future is with RAGE and that I do not have to live in anyone's shadow.

4. Who would you consider your toughest foe to this date?

Hmmm my toughest foe to date....well to be honest my toughest foe is someone who has not even set foot in a Burning Hammer ring....when I was part of the ill-fated break away called INSPIRE there was this russian...this absolute monster of a Russian called Marat Khoklov......he was the first King of Fighters....like Bruce The Giant but quicker, more explosive, more destructive. I know that Kikkawa-san was planning to bring him to BHOTWG when INSPIRE invaded but in the end Khoklov-san's family could not resist the lure of America. On one hand, it's a shame Khoklov-san could not further his fearsome reputation here in Japan, however on the other hand I am relieved I have not had to meet him in the ring again.

As for Burning Hammer opponent, I will have to admit that it would be Kikkawa-san, as self-centred., and as full himself as he is....he IS the best in the world. Nakasawa-san is a great champion too but in all honesty, in facing both I feel that for Nakasawa-san to win their unification match at Night, then Kikkawa-san would need to be having an off day and when I mean an off-day, I really do me and off-day.

5. What are your thoughts about team INSPIRE´s current state?

Team INSPIRE are crumbling apart....I really don't think Iesada-san and Pathlow-san will be content with being put upon by Kikkawa-san, and being weighed down by the burdon of his impossible expectations for much longer. I wouldn't be surprised if they come running to us, but as I said RAGE are happy as we are, and we are not actively looking to add any new members right now

Ozakaki-san ended the interview by saying that he was happy to answer Zergon-san's questions and that he hopes that Zergon-san will continue to support BHOTWG...whether he intends to continue supporting RAGE or not.

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Alts/TakayukiAvatar_jhd.jpg

The Onodera Diaries:

Something troubling was brought to my attention after Monday's show in Chubu, and that was the news that Mystic Dragon had tested positive for Drug Use. In the context of things it turned out to be nothing major, well I don't certainly see the partaking of smoking the odd joint or two as something major. But we are professional athlete's here at BHOTWG and anyone on our roster should not partake in such activities. But Mystic is young and a little foolish, so I feel he should be given another chance.

I had a 'friendly' chat with him, basically telling him that we were giving him another chance but that if it happens again, we wouldn't be so lenient. Unfortunately his reaction to my approach was rather flippant, again I would put it down to the foolishness of youth but his attitude towards my guidance has probably placed him further in the dog house for now.

It's all about the Dragon's right now and Sensational Dragon's already considerable ego was inflated even further by the fact that he polled as the top high flyer in wrestling today on TEW.com.... Believe me when I say that the persona he brings to the ring, is basically what he is like in real life...he really does think he is the most Sensational wrestler alive...thankfully he does have the talent to back such boastful claims up, otherwise I don't think anyone could bear being round such an egomaniac.

We've actually made a new addition to the roster, not that we really need to but the young man we have acquired...is a talent so promising we felt he was too good to pass up. Our talent scouts have seen a young man called K.C Glenn tearing it up on the small independent circuit for sometime now in America and we are surprised he hasn't been given more regular bookings with a more notable promotion over there, apparently it is his lack of ability on the stick that has placed question marks over his future, but that matters little here in Japan and once he builds a following, we feel that his wrestling talent can see him rise to the very top of the mountain.

It's onto Osaka next.... and that means Takoyaki !! You really can't beat Takoyaki.

BHOTWGPuroresu.com

BHOTWG head to the Osaka Athletic Stadium in Kinki on Monday 11th October, as the Combustion Tour continues to gather pace towards Night of the Burning Hammer.

All eyes will be on the Junior Division with a pair of contenders circle encounters pitting Black Heart Brethren against Burning Sekigun. Black Cobra will be looking to bounce back from his defeat to The Awesome Kiyaru, when takes on Kiyaru's tag team partner Golden Scorpion. This is of course a repeat of the Best of the Super Juniors semi-final, but this promises to be a more heated affair, as back then Cobra and Scorpion were on the same side. Kiyaru meanwhile will be looking to follow up his victory over Cobra, when he takes on Marihito Masuko and victory would secure a future Junior Championship shot for the Dark Enigma but the 'Painted Wonder' will be equally determined to begin the road towards earning another shot at the Junior Championship.

There will be further spot light on the Junior Division in the form of a 3-Way Tag Team 20 Minute 'Falls Sprint' featuring Universal Excellence, Size of the Fight and Little Fury. The team with the most falls within the 20 minute time limit, is declared the winner.

World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa will also be in singles action, but it has not been confirmed who he will be up against, apparently the champion is going to use the opportunity to 'promote' his Unification match with Team INSPIRE's Tadiyuki Kikkawa. Speaking of Team INSPIRE the fracturous trio of Kikkawa, Iesada and Pathlow will be in six man action against the RAGE trio of Sanda, Okazaki and Fuganaga. Can RAGE take advantage of INSPIRE's continuing inner turmoil and score what would be considered a considerable upset.

There will also be a mouthwatering Eight Man contest, as the Dragon Feet 2K9 quartet of Junior Champion Sensational Dragon, World Tag Team Champions 'The Rebellion' and American Optimus take on the Burning Sekigun quartet of Kinnojo Horri, 'Wild Fire' and the 2010 'Best of the Super Juniors' Elemental III.

Rounding out the main show will be a pair of singles matches as the Black Heart Brethren's Yasunobu Masuno see's his spot in the contenders circle under challenge from the leader of Macho-Universe, Mister Macho. Whilst veteran Sanetomo Shiraishi tries to become the first man to hand defeat to the engigmatic 'Some Dude In A Mask'.

The pre-show contests see's the arrival of gaijin newcomer Kevin Christopher Glenn, as he takes on fellow Junior Division youngsters Mystic Dragon and The Incredible Koyama in a three way and Nisso Yuasha looks to bounce back from his failed challenge for the King of Fighter's Championship, as he takes on RAGE veteran Toshiki Shibanumo.

Here is a full rundown of the card for Show #13 of the Combustion Tour

Combustion Tour- Show #13-

(Osaka Athletic Stadium, Chubu, Kinki, Monday 11th October 2010)

~Deadly Sequel~ Junior Contenders Circle (30 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Burning Sekigun'

Black Cobra

vs

'Representing Black Heart Brethren'

Junior Tag Champion-

Golden Scorpion

~Paving The Path~ Junior Contenders Circle (30 Min Time Limit):

Marihito Masuko

vs

Junior Tag Champion- The Awesome Kiyaru

High Tensions Six Man Battle (30 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Team INSPIRE'

King of Fighters- Tadiyuki Kikkawa &

2010 Ultimate Tag League Winners-

Rapid Fire (Tasuku Iesada & John Pathlow)

vs

'Representing RAGE'

Explosive Tension (Chuichi Sanda & Masaaki Okazaki) &

Mitsunari Fuganaga

All Star Eight Man (30 Min Time Limit):

Kinnojo Horri, 2010 Best of the Super Juniors- Elemental III &

Wild Fire (Tadakuni Toshusai & Takayuki Onodera)

vs

'Representing Dragon Feet 2K9'

Junior Champion- Sensational Dragon,

World Tag Team Champions- The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) &

American Optimus

~Cease The Chance~ Contenders Circle Spot Challenge (30 Min Time Limit):

Yasunobu Masuno

vs

'Representing Macho-Universe'

Mister Macho

Junior Tag Team 'Falls Sprint' (20 Min Time Limit):

* Team with most falls within time limit are the winners

Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda)

vs

Universal Excellence (Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji)

vs

'Representing RAGE'

Little Fury (Yoshii Shiomi & VENOM)

Singles Challenge (15 Min Time Limit):

Sanetomo Shiraishi

vs

'Some Dude In A Mask'

Plus World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa will be in action against a mystery opponent.

Pre-Show Matches (10 Min Time Limit):

Kevin Christopher Glenn vs Mystic Dragon vs The Incredible Koyama

Nisso Yuasha vs Toshiki Shibanumo

Junior CC: Black Cobra vs Golden Scorpion

Junior CC: The Awesome Kiyaru vs Marihito Masuko

Kikkawa, Iesada & Pathlow vs Sanda, Okazaki & Fuganaga

Horri, Elemental III, Toshusai & Onodera vs Sensational Dragon, Shimedzu, Miyamae & American Optimus

CC Spot Challenge: Yasunobu Masuno vs Mister Macho

20 Minute 'Falls Sprint': Size of the Fight vs Universal Excellence vs Little Fury

Sanetomo Shiraishi vs Some Dude In A Mask

Hiroaki Nakasawa vs ????

K.C Glenn vs Incredible Koyama vs Mystic Dragon

Horri, Elemental III, Toshusai & Onodera vs Sensational Dragon, Shimedzu, Miyamae & American Optimus

20 Minute 'Falls Sprint': Size of the Fight vs Universal Excellence vs Little Fury

Hiroaki Nakasawa vs ????

Hiroaki Nakasawa vs ????

Hiroaki Nakasawa vs ????

These contenter circle matches are always hard but I go with Cobra taking this one.

Another coin flip but since Kiyaru just got win over Cobra I would let him go over Masuko as well and with Cobra beating Scorpion maybe there could be a re-match between Cobra and Kiyaru with number one contentership on the line.

No way that Kikkawa would lose here espesially not now that he and Nakasawa are on a collision course.

Close one and I could see this going either way but on my eyes Horri is still the biggest name here so I go with him even though the Dragon Feet side looks slighly stronger overall.

I don´t see Macho getting on the contenter circle right now.

Any team could win here so I go with my usual RAGE build-up idea.

Another rather easy victory for the mystery man.

Hiroaki Nakasawa vs ????

Wonder who the mystery guy will be but who ever he is I don´t see Nakasawa loosing until he has clashed with Kikkawa.

I doubt that Glenn would be over enough to win here and actually now that I think about it both Glenn and Dragon are likely young lions while (if I remember right) Koyama isn´t anymore.

I could actually see this one going either way but Nisso has been higher on the ladders so far.

While these can go either way, the junior tag champions already have their titles to defend while Cobra and Masuko only gain by winning.

Fuganaga is there to take the fall as Kikkawa isn't losing to a team with him on it.

Main difference here is the disparity between Horri and AO's respective levels

Mullet power over macho power

SotF renew their run at the junior tag titles

Hiroaki Nakasawa vs ????

squashes

Glenn doesnt have overness yet, and Dragon is on drug punishment for a bit so Koyama wins

Yuasha wins unless this is the end of his contract and you are cutting him loose

I'm aiming for the next show to be up on Friday, so if anyone else wants to predict/drop an opinion on what is about to go down, you'll have till then do so.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/11843/422408-mikuru_asahina_super.jpg

Any clues as to who Hiroaki Nakasawa is facing, or just exactly who Some Dude In A Mask Is, or where this is all going; are in the words of Mikuru Asahina 'Classified Information'

Hiroaki Nakasawa vs ????

First off apologies for not getting the show posted up on Friday as promised....

More computer problems, on the Friday I was going to post the show, I found the cable between my monitor and computer had become buggered. meaning I could see no picture :mad:. Anyway it's replaced now but yesterday and for most of today, I was over at my brothers and could only do the finishing touches to the show tonight.

Anyway I'm going to press ahead with getting it posted ASAP, so show should be up within next hour (provided something else doesn't go wrong with my damn computer (it's seriously cheesing me off at the moment).

Combustion Tour # 13

(Monday 11th October 2010)

Osaka Athletic Stadium, Kinki (5,000 Super No Vacancy)

Pre-Show

Match A: Nisso Yuasha vs Toshiki Shibanumo

Shibanumo neither had the power to match up to Yuasha, or the agility and speed to trouble the 'baby elephant' which made for a fairly one sided affair. The RAGE veteran managed to tough it out for around four and a half minutes but eventually fell to a QUAKE BOMB (Elevated Power Bomb), as Yuasha bounced back from his failed King of Fighters title challenge.

Result: Nisso Yuasha [w] bt Toshiki Shibanumo [L] in 4:27 vian pinfall (Quake Bomb)

Rating: C-

Match B: Kevin Christopher Glenn vs Mystic Dragon vs The Incredible Koyama

This all Junior Division pre-show match had some great action, but the fact that it featured two low card youngsters and a complete unknown rookie, meant that crowd interest was minimal but despite the apathy they went out there and did their best. The gaijin newcomer Glenn in particular looked impressive, showcasing a snapshot of his ability to blend technical prowess with show-stopping high flying moves.

However victory for the impressive newcomer was denied, when after nailing Mystic Dragon with the TUNE UP THE SUNSHINE BAND (Superkick) he was nailed form behind by Koyama, who then drilled Glenn into the mat with the INCREDIBLE SPIKE (Belly to Back Piledriver), and despite being able to avoid being covered in his debut...he was unable to shake the cobwebs to prevent Koyama from pinning Mystic Dragon after the AIR KOYAMA (Shooting Star Press).

Result: The Incredible Koyama [w] bt Kevin Christopher Glenn + Mystic Dragon [L] in 8:43 via pinfall (Air Koyama)

Rating: C+

Main Show

Match #1: 20 Min Time Limit Falls Sprint:

Little Fury (Yoshii Shiomi & VENOM) vs

Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda) vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YoshiiShiomi-1.jpg & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Venom-1.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HyosukeKokan-1.jpg & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KansukeKonda-1.jpg/ http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BaireiYasujiro-1.jpg & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HaruKurofuji.jpg

The main show kicked off with the Junior Tag Team Falls Sprint, where the team with the most falls within the time limit would win the match. It came as no surprise that the pace of the match was hectic from the start with all sides desperate to get themselves head, and that first fall came only three minutes in when Barei Yasujiro took Kansuke Konda by surprise with a La Magistral cradle, after Konda had nailed VENOM with the KONDA KUTTER (Jumping Cutter).

First Fall: Barei Yasujiro over Kansuke Konda in 2:58 via pinfall (La Magistral Cradle):

Universal Excellence 1, Size of the Fight 0, Little Fury 0

It did not take long though for Universal Excellence to see their advantage disappear, as Little Fury and Size of the Fight briefly formed an 'alliance' to work over Universal Excellence, only for the RAGE duo to 'turn' on SOTF, with Little Fury combining to earn a pinfall with an ENGAGE THE RAGE (Enziguri/Reverse STO) combo on Hyosuke Kokan.

Second Fall: Yoshii Shiomi over Hyosuke Kokan in 6:21 (Engage The Rage)

Universal Excellence 1, Size of the Fight 0, Little Fury 1

With their backs to the wall, and being the only team without a fall in the match, Size of the Fight showed great determination by kicking out of several pin attempts to gain a second fall from both of their opponents, with Kokan kicking out of a TOHOKU THUNDER SUPLEX (Rolling Release Suplex) from Kurofuji and Konda surving a INFECTIOUS SPIKE (Spike DDT) from VENOM. That determinaiton not to effectively see themselves eliminated from the match paid off, as Universal Excellence and Little Fury also turned their attentions to each other, and when Yasujiro thought he was about to gain a second fall for Universal Excellence, with a MIGHTY MOUSE AIR ATTACK (Sky Twister Press) on Yoshii Shiomi....Konda was able to break up the pin attempt with a KONDA SPLASH (Frog Splash) before driving Yasujiro into the canvas with the KONDA DRIVER (Fisherman Driver), whilst Kokan put this body on the line to wipe everyone else out on the outside with a tope con hilo.

Third Fall: Kansuke Konda over Barei Yasujiro in 11:04 (Konda Driver)

Universal Excellence 1, Size of the Fight 1, Little Fury 1

The match then went through a period of all teams trying to nab a quick fall through surprise roll-ups but despite already being worn down from the hectic pace, everyone was too determined not to lose a fall in such a 'weak' manner.

The match then settled into a slower, more cagey affair as all the teams became ever more weary that the next fall could be the deciding one. If anything it looked as though a submission could bring victory, with Yoshii Shiomi almost forcing a tap out from Kurfofuji with the SUBLIME CROSSFACE (Spinning Facebuster transitioned into a Crossface) and Kurofuji himself almost forcing a tap-out from Hyosuke Kokan with the KUROFUJI CRAB (Elevated Boston Crab)

In the end though somewhat appropriately, and with the time limit fast approaching the deciding fall came down to teamwork, that looked to be the case for Little Fury, who averted a BIG FIGHT ENDER from Size of the Fight, and it looked to be a case of deja-vu for Kokan when he was nailed with the ENGAGE THE RAGE, but it would be Universal Excellence who would have the last word, with Yasujiro drilling VENOM with the MIGHTY MOUSE DRIVER (Half Nelson Wheelbarrow Driver), before combining with Kurofuji to put away Shiomi with UNIVERSAL STUDIOS (Bridging German/Standing SSP combo).

Fourth Fall: Barei Yasujiro over Yoshii Shiomi in 19:51 (Universal Studios)

Universal Excellence 2, Size of the Fight 1, Little Fury 1

With Universal Excellence celebrating Kansuke Konda rolled back into the ring and then caught Hyosuke Kokan with a KONDA KUTTER, before nailing Barei Yasujiro with the K-THUNDER DRIVER (Spinning Sitout Powerbomb), it looked as though Konda might just force a share of the spoils or a possible tie-break situation for Size of the Fight....

One.....

Two.....

Three?

Unfortunately for Konda the bell signalling the end of the match's time limit, rang just at the point he was about to have Yasujiro's shoulders down for three.

Universal Excellence had emerged the victors in the 'Falls Sprint' but Size of the Fight can feel somewhat aggrieved that they had Yasujro pinned for a second match tieing fall when the time limit lapsed.

Result: Barei Yasjuiro & Haru Kurofuji bt Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda + Yoshii Shiomi & VENOM by most falls within the time limit (2 falls to 1 fall and 1 fall).

Rating: B

Onodera's Assessment: All the teams involved in this match seemed to pretty evenly matched right now, and the closeness of the match with Universal Excellence just about edging victory showcased this. However perhaps it's the closeness of competition that is preventing one of these teams from forging ahead and truly setting themselves up as a strong challenger for the Flying Squadron's titles. The match itself was an ideal opener, as it was fast paced action all the way, even when it 'slowed down' towards the end, the match didn't drag....if anything the tension was ratcheted up more as the fourth and deciding fall became more and crucial as the time ticked by.

Post Match Comments:

Barei Yasujiro: We're not going to demand a title shot after this, but fact is we out-lasted the competion put in front of us....

Haru Kurofuji: Some people may say we were lucky out there, but we did what we needed to do to the win match.

Kansuke Konda: Now some people might be expecting us to moan about being robbed, but that's never been the Size of the Fight way....

Hyosuke Kokan: ..Yeah it's never been our way to moan, but the fact is had the time limit been a little longer we would have tied with the UE guys....

Kansuke Konda: Kokan-san, we cannot feel hard done by about this....

Hyosuke Kokan: I know, I don't want to feel this way Konda-san but of late it just feels like we can't catch a break.

VENOM: Universal Excellence you are not better than us, we know that you're not better than us, on this occasion you got lucky...we can beat you, we can beat any team here in Burning Hammer.

Match #2: Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Tasuku Iesada & John Pathlow vs Chuichi Sanda, Masaaki Okazaki & Mitsunari Fuganaga

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadiyukiKikkawa.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TasukuIesada.jpg http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HellMonkey_alt2.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ChuichiSanda_jhd21.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MasaakiOkazaki.jpg http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MitsunariFugunaga_jhd-11.jpg

With the recent tension within Team INSPIRE, the RAGE trio would have felt they would have had a chance of scoring the 'upset', and that certainly looked to be the case as Tadiyuki Kikkawa and Rapid Fire were not on the same page at all, leading to Pathlow or Iesada finding themselves in trouble for much of the match.

If it wasn't for Pathlow and Iesada looking out for one another, whilst Kikkawa took a nonchalant attitude towards the match, the RAGE trio would have had this one in the bag. With the Explosive Tension duo of Sanda and Okazaki coming ever so close to securing the victory with an DOUBLE EXPLOSIVE (Double Exploder Suplex) on Iesada.

However Kikkawa's 'pride' eventually took over and seeing that despite their brave efforts, Iesada and Pathlow were not going to cope with the three on two advantage, RAGE had for most of the match, the 'King of Fighters' interjected himself like some sort of 'saving messiah' to turn the tables in the favour of the Team INSPIRE trio.

After a Kikkawa Lariat sent Chuichi Sanda out of the ring, and then Rapid Danger combined with the DANGEROUS LIASON II (Springboard Dropkick/Suplex combo) on Sanda...Fuganaga was left to fend for himself against Kikkawa and with the King of Fighters being the freshest man in the match on top of being one of being one of (if not the best) wrestlers in the world, 'Mr Serious' didn't stand a chance and he was soon dispatched with the KIKKAWA DRIVER (Wrist Clutch Death Valley Driver).

Result: Tadiyuki Kikkawa [w], Tasuku Iesada & John Pathlow vs Chuichi Sanda, Masaaki Okazaki & Mitsunari Fuganaga [L] in 15:19 via pinfall (Kikkawa Driver)

Onodera's Assessment: Whilst it doesn't really do much to further RAGE's process (despite dominating much of the match, they did kind of look weak in not getting the job done- when they did have the 'advantage'), this does further build the 'breaking point' tension between Kikkawa-san and Rapid Fire. Besides whoever, or whatever angle it helped to push, the crowd were solidly into the match.

Post Match Comments:

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Once again, I had to come in an bail out my so called team-mates....

Tasuku Iesada: So called team-mates? You're the one not pulling your weight right now.....

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Who won the match?

Tasuku Iesada: You did.....

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Well that settles it.....

Iesada too frustrated to even respond to that, just storms away....

Tadiyuku Kikkawa: One day Iesada-san and Pathlow-san will get it, one day they will get that all this...is going to make them stronger.

Masaaki Okazaki: We should have, not could have won that match....we had the advantage and we let it slip away....you've got to take these opportunities when you can against someone as strong as Kikkawa-san.

Chuichi Sanda: Fuganaga-san needs to shape up, if we wants to keep up with where RAGE is heading.....

Masaaki Okazaki: Yes Fuganaga-san failed us, but please lets not go too hard on him....it's impossible standards that drove us away from INSPIRE right?

Chuichi Sanda: OK, but I returned to RAGE to bring them forward, not back...lets just remember that also.

Match #3: Sanetomo Shiraishi vs Some Dude In A Mask

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/SanetomoShiraishi-1.jpg?t=1268428765 vs http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Alts/Renders/SDITM_jhd.jpg

Once again the mysterious masked man dispatched his opponent with relative ease, with the ageing Shiraishi simply unable to keep up with the pace set by SDIAM. Now it his common knowledge that Shiraishi's weak point is his knees, but SDIAM laid off them, instead concentrating on dismantling Shiraishi's left arm instead, before forcing 'the Lizard' to tap out with the HIGH ANGLE ARM BAR.

Result: Some Dude In A Mask [w] bt Sanetomo Shiraishi [L] in 6:16 via submission (High Angle Arm Bar)

Onodera's Assessment: Another effective squash, that makes SDIAM look like a ruthless machine. However the time has now definitely come to heighten the competion level, so Shiraishi signals the end of the 'squashes'.

Post Match Comments:

Once again the press try to get an interview with the enigmatic masked man, but just as at previous shows...they can't get a single word out of him.

~Paving The Path~

Match #4: Junior Contenders Circle:

The Awesome Kiyaru vs Marihito Masuko

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TheAwesomeKiyaru-1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko_jhd1.jpg

Junior Contenders Circle action, if Kiyaru wins he earns a shot at the Junior Championship, if Masuko wins he halts Kiyaru's opportunity and begins his own path back towards earning a shot himself.

This one started somewhat cagily, showing the familiarity they have with one another through not just several singles battles but also tag team encounters over the years. The hold for hold chain wrestling stale mate continued, until Masuko began to up the pace and gain and advantage until Kiyaru decided to go out for a powder.

Masuko wasn't go to fall for Kiyaru's 'mind games' and invited Kiyaru back into the ring to re-engage but Kiyaru once again slipped away before Masuko could truly build pressure, this happened a few more times, until finally sick of Kiyaru's 'chicken****' antics Masuko snapped and came soaring through the ring ropes wiht a suicide dive....that sent Kiyaru crashing against the guard-rail.

The 'Painted Wonder' then went to drag Kiyaru back into the ring, but the 'Dark Enigma' was playing 'possum' and sent Masuko crashing against the floor with a reverse Russian Leg-sweep, before climbing upon the ring apron and crashing down upon Masuko with a Shooting Star Press....

Kiyaru then waited for referee Umeki to count Masuko out, but the 'Painted Wonder' was able to return to his feet, only to get knocked back to the floor again. Masuko picked himself back up again and this time managed to knock Kiyaru back before springboarding in to plant the 'Dark Enigma' with the INTO THE WHITE (Springboard Bulldog)....

That got Masuko a close two count, before the 'Painted Wonder' then set up for the Masuko Cradle, but Kiyaru was able to fight that off by grabbing the ropes and then sneaking in a low blow. Kiyaru then planted Masuko with his trademark Tilt-a-Whirl Russian Leg-sweep, before heading up top and then come off with a moonsault...Masuko moved out of the way the first time but Kiyaru instantly transitioned into a standing moonsault, with the sequence he calls the INSTANT WIZARD earning him a two count. Kiyaru then planted Masuko with a Falcon Arrow for another two count before, heading out onto the apron, to then springboard in with the ETHEREAL KILLER (Springboard Shooting Star Press).....

But Masuko was able to move out of the way,and then tried for the MASUKO CRADLE SHOCK, only for Kiyaru to fight his way off, however the 'Dark Enigma' was soon planted into the canvas with the MASUKO CRADLE (Bridging Leg Hook Belly to Back Suplex)......

Kiyaru, to Masuko's immediate frustration somehow managed to kick out just in time, Masuko lifted Kiyaru up for the CRADLE SHOCK again, but just as last time Kiyaru was able to block the attempt and this time countered with a standing KIYARU EFFECT (Forward Somersault Stunner)......

One....

Two.....

Thr......

Masuko somehow managed to get his shoulder up just in time, Kiyaru then paced around for a bit in frustration before heading up top.

But the 'Dark Engima' was soon blocked off by a determined Masuko...the two then traded blows on the top turbuckle and just as it looked like Masuko was going to send Kiyaru crashing back into the ring the hard-way, the 'Dark Enigma' managed to blow Black Mist into the 'Painted Wonders face' and knock him down to the canvas....

Kiyaru then came crashing down upon a disorientated Masuko with the MAGIC CLOUD (Imploding 450 Splash)......

With Masuko already in a disorientated state, the three count was somewhat academic, as Kiyaru 'earned' himself a shot at the Junior Championship.

Result: The Awesome Kiyaru [w] bt Marihito Masuko [L] in 16:53 via pinfall (Magic Cloud)

Onodera's Assesment: Admittedly Kiyaru-san's antics did take a little away from this match, with the 'stalling' section particularly frustrating to fans but despite that this was still a good match. The problem with Kiyaru-san is that he is so flashy and flawless in his execution at the stuff he is capable to pulling off, that as a heel he has to fend off the fans natural reaction to cheer him for such moves by using tactics such as stalling/the infamous Black Mist. His style of wrestling is naturally one of a 'crowd popping' babyface but his character has always leant towards the 'dark side'

Post Match Comments:

The Awesome Kiyaru: A new age of Darkness is upon us.....lets not wait Dragon-san.... lets see you prove how Sensational you are, by putting your belt on the line against me next week....I don't care that you already have a shot lined up against Elemental-san at Night...prove your worth as champion by facing me sooner rather than later...because I am sure if you can make it past someone of my superior talent, you can certainly retain against that Sekigun loser.

Marihito Masuko: The Paths seem to be closing in front of me, the mountain become steeper...the darkness before me is becoming deeper....why does this stench of failure consume me...I must break these curses....I must break them, I NEED to break this.

~Cease The Chance~

Match #5: Contenders Circle Spot Challenge:

Yasunobu Masuno vs Mister Macho

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasunobuMasuno-1.jpg?t=1268429402 vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_EijiHamacho_jhdMacho1.jpg?t=1294616716

Mister Macho would be getting a chance here to step closer towards a shot at the Burning World Championship, but would he be able to make it past the Black Heart Brethren's Yasunobu Masuno.

Despite having a size disadvantage, Mister Macho is able to go toe to toe with the larger Masuno, as they engaged in a straight ahead brawl to start the match, infact it is Macho who really starts to press the pace...but he is unable to shift Masuno off his feet and a face rake followed by a clothesline puts the BHB man in the driving seat.

Masuno then got a two count off a scoop powerslam, before lifting Macho up for the AVALANCHE POWERBOMB but the former RAGE man was able to fight his way out of it and then rock Masuno with a flurry of fore-arms, before finally getting Masuno off his feet with a MACHO LARIAT.....

The Macho-Universe leader then decided to head for the top turnbuckle, but he took too long climbing up and Masuno was able to recover and launch Macho back into the ring with a press slam.

The 'Hammer' then connected with a running boot for a two count, Masuno then lifted up a dazed Macho and started to synch in the MASUNO DEEP SLEEPER (Arm Hook Sleeper) but Macho was able to fight his way over to the ropes and force the rope-break, but only after Masuno had made full use of referee Shinozaki's full five count.

With Macho still running on 'empty' Masuno remained in control and reeled Macho in for a vertical suplex, but the Macho-Universe leader was proving to be a deadweight, so Masuno just shoved Macho back down to the canvas before making a cover.....However after three successive kick outs a frustrated Masuno went outside to pace around outside the ring....

Despite risking being counted out, Masuno still appeared to be in control as Macho was just staggering back up to his feet. Masuno then went for the MAGIC K.O (Rolling Elbow) but Macho managed to move out of the way and then nail 'the Hammer' with a move he has not used since his Raging Bulls days the BULL RUSH (High Impact Spear) !!!

Masuno managed to kick out at two, but he was immediately levelled with a Macho-Lariat before the Macho-Universe headed up top again and with Masuno still rooted to the mat, this time the Macho-man was able to connect with the MACHO ELBOW DROP (Diving Elbow Drop)......

One.....

Two....

Three !!

Mister Macho had defeated Yasunobu Masuno to earn a spot in the contenders circle, perhaps now was finally his time to shine as a singles star.

Result: Mister Macho [w] bt Yasunobu Masuno [L] in 10:22 via pinfall (Macho Elbow Drop)

Rating: B-

Onodera's Assessment: Not the greatest of matches, but not the worse either....this was by all assessments a standard run of the mill big man brawl with the solid heat they were able to generate as performers able to lift the match a little. The Macho Elbow Drop, I must admit is an utterly ridiculous finisher for someone like Hamacho-san as he is hardly comfortable on the top rope.

If anyone is wondering why Hamacho-san went over here, when Masuno-san's own stay in the contenders circle was so short lived. It's because we need to start pulling the trigger on a singles run for Hamacho-san now before he becomes too banged up like the Snow-Lizzard guys, also having Hamacho-san edge his way into the world title scene gives Macho-Universe a little more legitimacy and besides Masuno-san is going to be kept busy with the whole Sekigun-BHB war that has really started to escalate since Cobra's defection to the heroic side.

Post Match Comments:

Mister Macho: OOOH YEAAAHHH the Macho Man is on the hunt for some gold....the big shiny belt would look real nice brother round my waist. It's the Macho-man's time brothers.....OOH YEAAHHH !!!!!

Yasunobu Masuno: Can't believe I just lost to that loopy idiot.....I mean how did I lose....how the hell did I lose !!

Masuno then punches a locker, before storming out in frustration.

Match #6: All Star Eight Man:

Sensational Dragon, Shimedzu, Miyamae & American Optimus vs

Kinnojo Horri, Tadakuni Toshusai, Takayuki Onodera & Elemental III

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon_jhd21.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Shimedzu-1.jpg?t=1268429674http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Miyamae-1.jpg?t=1268429694http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BlackEagle_alt5.jpg

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri_jhd1.jpg http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TadakuniToshusai_USPW1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TakayukiAvatar.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalIII.jpg

This was an evenly contested eight man tag, that moved along at a quick pace and saw neither side really in control for a good portion throughout. The second half of the match saw a flurry of near-falls with The Rebellion coming to close putting away Onodera with the Spiked Skull Drop and Sensational Dragon going close after a Dragon Slice (Shiranui) against Kinnojo Horri on the Dragon Feet 2K9 side, whilst Wild Fire pulled out the 8 Way Santa (Wheelbarrow Facebuster/Cutter combo) against Dragon for a close two count and Elemental III also went close with an Earth Breaker (Double Underhook Piledriver) for the Burning Sekigun team.

In the end though it was the Sekigun who saw a mismatch emerge in their favour, as American Optimus found himself left in the ring against Kinnojo Horri. Mr 'One Million Per Cent Burning Hammer' planted Optimus with the HURRICANE SPINEBUSTER (Spinning Spinebuster) and that was enough for the three count as Wild Fire and Elemental III held The Rebellion and Dragon off from intervening.

Result: Kinnojo Horri [w], Tadakuni Toshusai, Takayuki Onodera & Elemental III bt Sensational Dragon, Shimedzu, Miyamae & American Optimus [L] in 17:09 via pinfall (Hurrican Spinebuster)

Onodera's Assessment: As was to be expected from the talent involved in this match, the action here was solid, but lets be honest this was pretty much a paint by numbers stable vs stable tag contest with no more on the line than 'stable pride'. No one was out steal show here and though it was match that featured main event level talent, on this occasion we were going out there to be nothing more than solid midcard filler.

Post Match Comments:

Kinnojo Horri: The Sekigun show once again that we are the strongest...Dragon Feet 2K9 are a talented unit, but we are strongest....we will always be strongest.

Shimedzu: The Sekgiun were stronger than us tonight, it does not however mean they are stronger than us over the greater scheme of things.

Sensational Dragon: I heard that arrogant has-been Kiyaru running his mouth earlier demanding his title shot ASAP....well news for you Kiyaru-san....you can have your shot...at the next show !! You probably think you'll be getting one up on me, but I don't back down from any challenge...because i'm not just good, I'm Sensational !!

~Deadly Sequel~

Match #7: Junior Contenders Circle:

BURNING Cobra vs Golden Scorpion

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_DuaneStone_alt1.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion-1.jpg

BURNING Cobra was looking to avenge his loss at the hands of Golden Scorpion's, tag team partner The Awesome Kiyaru and at the same time get back on track in pursuit of the Junior Championship...Scorpion though would be equally determined to score the victory himself, a victory that would not only strengthen his own Junior title credentials but also inflict more damage upon his former stable mates efforts to bring down the Black Heart Brethren.

The match began with some pretty intense striking exchanges, something that showed both competitors to be very fired up. However those exchanges resulted in a stale mate and the pace slowed down and they began to play a game of 'chess' with mat holds. Scorpion is no slouch but this was playing into Cobra's hands and after being caught in a series of pinning predicaments, the 'Gold and Black Attack' slipped out for a powder.

Cobra wasn't go to fall for that trick, but Scorpion did try the 'reformed hero's' and the crowds patience by taking up almost the full twenty count. When Scorpion did finally make it back into the ring, Cobra was able to maintain control but just as he was about to plant Scorpion with a belly to back suplex, the Junior Tag champion sneaked in a low blow and then planted Cobra instead with a belly to back of his own.

Scorpion then stomped away on Cobra, before drilling the 'reformed hero' into the canvas with a Brainbuster for a two count. Feeling that Cobra was signifcantly dazed, the 'Gold and Black Attack' went out onto the apron, as if to set up for the 'Golden Shot' but Scorpion had misjudged the situation in front of him, as Cobra popped back up to his feet and then sent Scorpion crashing to the floor with a drop-kick and before Scorpion knew what had hit him, he was sent hard into the guard-rail by a suicide dive from Cobra that was comparable to a heat seeking missile.

Cobra then pitched Scorpion back into the ring, and went for a quick cover. When Scorpion kicked out, Cobra tried to turn the 'Gold and Black Attack' over for a Stone Hold, but Scorpion had it well scouted and managed to kick Cobra away. Cobra however immediately regained control with a leg lariat, and then reeled off a series of snap suplexes for a two count before heading up top......

Cobra came soaring off the top-rope with the FROM CANADA WITH LOVE (Swandive Headbutt) but Scorpion moved out of the way, before connecting with a punt to the head and then a BRAINBUSTER.......

One.....

Two....

Thr.....

Cobra kicked out, Scorpion then lifted Cobra up for another Brainbuster but this time the 'reformed hero' was able to block and counter into one of his own. Cobra then looked to set up for the STONEPLEX but Scorpion was able to block and then tried to counter into the SCORPION STINGER but Cobra was able to block that and counter into a victory roll.....

Scorpion managed to kick out, but then suddenly found himself turned over into the STONE HOLD (Sharpshooter)......

The Junior Tag champion managed to make it across to the ropes and force the rope-break, but Cobra remained in control and once again looked to set up for the STONEPLEX but Scorpion managed to squirm out and slid under the ropes to the outside, keen to the keep pressure on Cobra slid out of the floor himself, only for Scorpion to slide back in and then wipe Cobra out with a slingshot body press.....

Scorpion then followed up with a running kick, before dragging the dazed Cobra back up to the apron....Scorpion then set up for BRAINBUSTER on the apron!!....Cobra managed to fight it off, but Scorpion wasn't going to give up what he had in mind, and after a second try he managed to lift the 'reformed hero' up before drilling Cobra against the frame of the ring with a devastating Brainbuster.....

Referee Terakado then began to count Cobra out, as Scorpion began to celebrate.....

EIGHTEEN....

NINETEEN.....

To Scorpion's disbelief and the delight of the crowd Cobra managed to make it back into the ring......Cobra managed to step out of the way of a Rolling Wheel Kick from Scorpion, before nailing the 'Gold and Black Attack' with a running drop-kick into the corner.... Scorpion then straggered out...right into a STONEPLEX (Bridging Northern Lights Suplex)......

One......

Two......

Thr......

Cobra had made the pin too near the ropes, as Scorpion managed to stretch a foot onto the bottom to save himself......

The 'Reformed hero' then decided to head up top, but Scorpion was back to his feet and the Junior Tag Champion managed to cut Cobra off. Scorpion then got the advantage on the top turbuckle with a eye poke and it looked as though he was about to deliver the ANEURYSM BRAINBUSTER but Cobra manages to fight it off, and knock Scorpion back down to the canvas with a flurry of stiff fore-arms.....

Cobra then drilled the 'Gold and Black Attack' with a missile drop-kick, before snapping off a dizzying spinning head-scissors, before following up with another headscissors right into the ALABASTER AGONY (Leg Hook Spining Headscissors Arm Bar).....

Cobra had submission locked on right in the middle of the ring, and with his arm about to pulled out of it's socket Scorpion was left with no choice but to tap out!

Cobra had got things back on track, his path towards gaining another Junior Title shot and his goal to bring down the Black Heart Brethren he was once a part of, were still very much alive.

Result: BURNING COBRA [w] bt Golden Scorpion [L] in 20:15 via submission (Alabaster Agony)

Rating: B+

Onodera's Assessment: Another very good match involving Cobra-san but then again I think it's pretty much impossible for Cobra-san to have a bad one, he's the sort of performer who can bring the best out of anyone. That's not to say that Cobra-san 'carried' Scorpion here, who is no slouch himself. On the down side, whilst this was very good it didn't quite get to the level of last weeks contest between Cobra and Kiyaru, big reason for that is that the crowd could feel that Cobra wasn't going to drop two in a row, so Scorpion's near-falls lacked that bit of a extra heat needed to lift the match at the right moments.

Post Match Comments:

BURNING Cobra: I will not be denied in my goals, everyone knows what my goals are.

Golden Scorpion: You may have forced me into agony this time Cobra, but the ultimate agony will be yours...you will never bring down the Black Heart Brethren !!

Hiroaki Nakasawa comes out to the ring and he has a microphone, so it looks like he has something to say...the promotional material for this event said he was scheduled to compete tonight, what exactly is the World Champion up to?

Hiroaki Nakasawa: First things first, I'm competing tonight and it's not just for any old match, you see Kikkawa-san defending his King of Fighters belt in an open challenge the other day, got me thinking you see. It got me thinking that if I beat, actually when I beat Kikkawa-san, he'll come up with some whiny excuse that he had to defend 'his' belt before he faced me...well I don't want to give him that excuse...so I'm going to make an open challenge of my own......

Anyone in the back willing to challenge me for this.......

Nakasawa points at the Burning World Championship

..apart from you Kikkawa-san, your shots all lined up.....

Anybody?

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasuhikoTaira-1.jpg?t=1268429453

Yasuhiko Taira the emerges on the entrance ramp....

Yasuhiko Taira: It's about time I got another shot at that belt....

Hiroaki Nakasawa: Well tonight you can Taira-san....

Yasuhiko Taira: This will be the biggest mistake you ever make Nakasawa-san!!

Hiroaki Nakasawa: Well lets see about that......

Yasuhiko Taira: Oh you'll see alright, after I've destroyed you and I will reign supreme as World Champion once again

Rating: B-

~Impromptu Gamble~

Match #8: World Championship Open Challenge:

Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Yasuhiko Taira

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BHOTWGWorld1.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HiroakiNakasawaALT21.jpg vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasuhikoTaira-1.jpg?t=1268429453

Despite being a well known rule breaker, Taira is actually respectful enough not to jump Nakasawa, so we get the full pomp and ceremony that you usually would at the start of a World Title match.

They brawl to start, and it's a dead heat for the first few minutes until Taira's size and power begins to tell and it puts Nakasawa on the backfoot. The 'Bulldozer' connects with a Lariat for a two count, before scooping up Nakasawa for a powerslam, that earns another two count. Taira then whipped the 'H-Bomb' hard into the corner and followed in with a running fore-arm before tossing the world champion overhead with a SAMSON SLAM (Pumphandle Fallaway Slam)

One...

Two....

Thr......

Nakasawa kicks out again, and Taira paces around in frustration that his early pressure has not yet earned him the victory. 'The Bulldozer' then lifts a dazed Nakasawa up for a vertical suplex but the 'H-Bomb' finds a burst of energy and blocks the attempt before summoning up all his strength to take Taira over with a vertical suplex of his own.

Nakasawa is simply too exhausted to follow up with a cover and referee Umeki applies a double count.....

Taira beats the count first, but Nakasawa is also up just in time. Taira pummels the World Champion with a flurry of fore-arms before whipping Nakasawa into the ropes, the 'Bulldozer' sets up for a Lariat but Nakasawa is able to duck and returns fire with a basement drop-kick.

That unbalances Taira and the 'H-Bomb' follows up with a chop block.... before heading up top..... Taira however hobbles back to his feet only to be taken down with a flying cross-body !!

One....

Two....

Taira kicks out emphatically and then levels Nakasawa with a Lariat before delivering the TYPHOON SUPLEX (Rotating Vertical Suplex).....

One.....

Two.....

Thr......

Nakasawa kicks out.......

Taira paces around in frustration again, but the 'Bulldozer' remains in control and he whips Nakasawa into the corner, before perching the World Champion onto the top turnbuckle. Taira appears to be setting up for the WRECKING BALL (Muscle Buster) but Nakasawa manages to fight it off and then drill Taira with a missile drop-kick.....

Nakasawa follows in with a basement drop-kick and then sets Taira up for the FIGURE FOUR LEG LOCK......

Taira manages to fight it off the first time and gets back up to a vertical base but Nakasawa quickly cuts 'the Bulldozer' down again with another basement drop-kick and once again applies the FIGURE FOUR......

Nakasawa has the hold locked on right in the middle of the ring but Taira manages to power the leverage over and Nakasawa is having to fight his way to the ropes....Nakasawa does just that but the Black Heart Brethren man makes sure to take full advantage of the five count, drawing disdain from the fans in the process.....

Both hobble back to their feet and they exchange another round of heavy fore-arms, chops and punches. That plays once again into the hands of the heavy hitting Taira, who once again whips a dazed Nakasawa into the corner......

Taira then comes charging in with THE FLATTENER (Running Clothesline into the corner).....Nakasawa however begins to move out of the way but Taira is still able to partly connect....

One.....

Two...

Thr......

Perhaps because Nakasawa did not take the full force of the Flattener, he was able to save the match and his status as World Champion. Taira can't believe it though, and in a highly frustrated state goes out of the ring and brings in a steel chair, however referee Umeki is quick to try to grab it out of his hand........

Taira won't let go though, and the force of yanking it back out of Umeki's hand see's the referee take a hard fall to the mat......

The 'Bulldozer' swings the chair at Nakasawa, but the World Champion manages to duck and then takes Taira off balance with a basement drop-kick, and then levels the 'Bulldozer' with a Lariat !!

Nakasawa then picks up the chair, Umeki's still down.....

He looks conflicted at what to do.....

Taira's getting back up.....

WHACK!!!

Nakasawa smashes the chair into Taira's knee......

The fans now look conflicted over the World Champions actions.......

Nakasawa once again applies the Figure Four Leglock......

Umeki's back up......

Taira looks at though he is about to tap, but the 'Bulldozer' finds an extra burst of energy and makes it across to the ropes to force a rope-break.......

The BHB man then sneaks in an eye-rake and then a low blow, before levelling Nakasawa with a Lariat......

One.....

Two.....

The World Champion kicks out, but Taira remains in control and he whips Nakasawa hard into the corner.....Taira hobbles over but Nakasawa is unable to charge out of the corner and Taira follows with a series of fore-arms before setting Nakasawa up once again for the WRECKING BALL......

It looks as though Taira is going to deliver it this time, but Nakasawa manages to slip off and then takes Taira down with a chop-block....

Taira hobbles back up but then eats a basement drop-kick......the 'Bulldozer' doggidly returns to his feet again only to be met with the full force of a SUDDEN IMPACT LARIAT (Turning Short Range Lariat)........

One......

Two......

Three !!!

The impactful Lariat was enough to keep Taira down for the count of three, as Nakasawa managed to avert potential embarrasment by retaining the World Title ahead of his scheduled unifcation clash with Tadiyuki Kikkawa.

Result: Hiroaki Nakasawa [w] bt Yasuhiko Taira [L] in 18:28 via pinfall (Sudden Impact Lariat)

Hiroaki Nakasawa makes V13 defence of Burning World Championship.

Rating: B+

Onodera's Assessment: I don't think anyone would truly believe that Taira or anyone for that matter would dethrone Nakasawa as World Champion before he faces Kikkawa but they did a pretty decent job of making Taira look a threat by having him over-power Nakasawa for much of the match. And even though he didn't win the match directly from it, it was interesting to see Nakasawa use heelish tactics (using a foreign object) to slow down Taira, even if Taira did bring the foreign object into play.

Post Match Comments:

Hiroaki Nakasawa: Look I don't feel proud about using the chair against Taira-san, In fact I do kind of regret it, but fact is I was forced into that situation, he would have used it against me and sometimes you need to fight fire with fire...sometimes you need to play dirty against those who will play dirty against you.....sometimes taking the moral high ground, is not the smart thing to do. And you know what else, if Kikkawa-san tries it on against me in much the same way, I will be equal to what he throws at me.

Overall: B

This was a solid show with a pretty consistent card from top to bottom, but both the impromptu main and semi main events weren't quite enough to push it from being a good show to a very good one. In some ways the solid consistency may have been a hindrance, as the main events didn't really stand out enough above the rest of what was on offer.

Combustion Tour #4 (Show 13- Show 16)

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=371 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="45%" height=0>

Predictor

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="30%" height=0>

Last Round

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="25%" height=0>

Total Pts

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="45%" height=0>

Zergon

Phantom Stranger

Lo-Drew

Smurphy1014

Dragonmack

BigPapa42

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

New contest and after only one round, well lets just say it's early days and no ones running away with it yet. Whilst there were some no brainers such as Nakasawa beating his mystery opponent, INSPIRE over a RAGE team that had Fuganaga in it and SDIAM marching on, there were a few tricky one's as well. Kiyaru going over Masuko proved to be tricky for some, yes Kiyaru does hold the Junior Tag belts but Kiyaru is not exclusively a tag guy and besides Masuko's had a zillion shots at Dragon already. Macho going over Masuno, also got quite a few out (my reasoning for the Macho-Universe leader going over was explained in the Onodera's assessment for that match), the Junior Tag three way was of course one of those that could could have gone anyway and that was reflective in the selections of the predictors.

O.O.C note:

Just a heads up that the roster page on Page 49 has been updated with profiles of Some Dude In A Mask and Kevin Christopher Glenn. I will also be adding the wrestlers hometowns (a minor point I know, but it's something I've felt like doing for a while)

Preview for next show should be up tomorrow. Despite the stop/start nature (not all of it within my control of late, my computer really does seem to be having a bad month) I take it that people are still enjoying this.

BHOTWGPuroresu.com

BHOTWG continue their Combustion Tour, as they head to the Kunamoto Sports Field in Kyushu on Wednesday 13th October.

After earning a shot at the Junior Championship, the Black Heart Brethren's Awesome Kiyaru said he did not want to wait around for his shot. Defending champion Sensational Dragon was willing to oblige and said the Junior Tag champion could have his shot at the next show. Will Kiyaru become a double champion or will the self proclaimed most Sensational Wrestler in the world stay on course for a showdown with Best of the Super Juniors winner Elemental III?

The war between the Burning Sekigun and Black Heart Brethren shows no sign of letting up, and former BHB member BURNING Cobra teams with Kinnojo Horri to face off with Golden Scorpion and Yasunobu Masuno. The Sekigun will also be in action in a pair of six man tags...as World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa, Elemental III and Takayuki Onodera take on the RAGE trio of Chuichi Sanda, Masaaki Okazaki and Merle O'Curle, whilst Tadakuni Toshusai teams with Size of the Fight, as they look to score an upset victory over the fractured INSPIRE trio of Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Tasuku Iesada and John Pathlow. There will be further Six Man action as the RAGE unit of Mitsunari Fuganaga and Little Fury take on the core Macho-Universe trio of Mister Macho and Universal Excellence.

The enigmatic Some Dude In A Mask has been tearing through the competion put in front of him in BHOTWG but faces perhaps his toughest test yet when he takes on former Junior Champion Marihito Masuko. The 'Painted Wonder' will see the opportunity to derail the mysterious masked man's charge as an opportunity to get back on track after some tough losses.

Rounding out the main show World Tag Team Champions The Rebellion take on fellow Tag Division veterans Snow Lizzard in non title action (can SL get themselves back on track with an upset win and put themselves back in the title picture?), whilst there will be a Junior Division Six Way Fray (no tags necessary) featuring American Optimus, Kevin Christopher Glenn, Red Panther, Stone Yoshikawa, Super Joshuya and The Incredible Koyama.

The pre-show see's RAGE's Toshiki Shibanumo take on Roku Sotomura, whilst the Black Heart Brethren duo of Yasuhiko Taira and Gareth Wayne team up against the young lion pair of Mystic Dragon and Omezo Shikitei.

Here is a full rundown of the card for Combustion Tour #14

Combustion Tour- Show #14-

(Kunamoto Sports Field,Kyushu Wednesday 13th October 2010)

~Ego Justification~

Junior Championship (60 Min Time Limit):

Sensational Dragon

vs

Junior Tag Champion- The Awesome Kiyaru

Super Intense Tag Showdown (30 Min Time Limit):

BURNING COBRA & Kinnojo Horri

vs

Junior Tag Champion- Golden Scorpion &

Yasunobu Masuno

Six Man Battle #1 (30 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Burning Sekigiun'

World Champion- Hiroaki Nakasawa,

2011 Best of the Super Juniors- Elemental III &

Takayuki Onodera

vs

'Representing RAGE'

Explosive Tension (Chuichi Sanda & Masaaki Okazaki)

& Merle O'Curle

Six Man Battle #2 (30 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Team INSPIRE'

King of Fighters- Tadiyuki Kikkawa &

2011 Ultimate Tag League Winners- Rapid Fire (Tasuku Iesada & John Pathlow)

vs

Tadakuni Toshusai &

Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda)

Six Man Battle #3 (20 Min Time Limit):

'Representing RAGE'

Mitsunari Fuganaga &

Little Fury (Yoshii Shiomi & VENOM)

vs

Mister Macho &

'Step Up To The Plate' Singles Challenge (20 Min Time Limit):

Some Dude In A Mask

vs

Marihito Masuko

Non Title Tag Challenge (20 Min Time Limit):

World Tag Team Champions- The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae)

vs

Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate)

Junior Division Six Way Fray (First Fall wins):

American Optimus

vs

Kevin Christopher Glenn

vs

Red Panther

vs

Stone Yoshikawa

vs

Super Joshuya

vs

The Incredible Koyama

Pre-Show Matches:

Yasuhiko Taira & Gareth Wayne vs Mystic Dragon & Omezo Shikitei

Roku Sotomura vs Toshiki Shibanumo

Predictions Form:

Junior Championship: Sensational Dragon vs The Awesome Kiyaru

BURNING Cobra & Kinnojo Horri vs Golden Scorpion & Yasunobu Masuno

Nakasawa, Elemental III & Onodera vs Sanda, Okazaki & O'Curle

Kikkawa, Iesada & Pathlow vs Toshusai, Kokan & Konda

Fuganaga, Shiomi & VENOM vs Macho, Yasujiro & Kurofuji

Some Dude In A Mask vs Marihito Masuko

Non Title: The Rebellion vs Snow Lizzard

Junior 6 Way: American Optimus vs K.C Glenn vs Red Panther vs Stone Yoshikawa vs Super Joshuya

Junior 6 Way: American Optimus vs K.C Glenn vs Red Panther vs Stone Yoshikawa vs Super Joshuya

if this was non title I could see Kiyaru getting the nod to set up a chase, but with title on the line SD retains

Don't see Horri losing to a mullet here

Nakasawa wins, O'Curle is there to absorb the loss

While dissension will probably continue in the INSPIRE ranks, I cant see Kikkawa losing here

Macho just got a big win, he isnt giving that momentum back here

This is the real test of SDIAM's true starpower. A win here catapults him to serious relevance in the Junior division

non title or not, Snow Lizzards dont have a chance in hell of winning

I can see Joshuya winning, but AO needs something to be relevant

TK- Will SDIAM get a proper name at some point? I get the impression he may be someone we should know.

I could actually see title change happening here, but I still go with Dragon as Kiyaru is still holding tag titles and his stable is feuding with Cobra and that fight doesn´t need to have junior title mixed in on it.

Horri is the difference maker here

Nakasawa isn´t losing this one there just isn´t enough star power on the other side.

This will be just like INSPIRE´s last match, they will have troubles but eventually Kikkawa will wake up on his nap and get a win.

Macho just got a big win and loss here would hurt his momentum.

This one will be interesting but I go with Masked man simply because Masuko isn´t doing all that much right now and thus he can affort the loss here.

Is there any doubt on this one?

Junior 6 Way: American Optimus vs K.C Glenn vs Red Panther vs Stone Yoshikawa vs Super Joshuya vs The Incredible Koyama

I would go with AO but that owner goal blocking his re-signing has made me kind of wary on him so I go with Joshuya instead.

Archived