Finally made the leap...

I completely agree that TCW is easy to book successfully. That's why I've suggested it as a good starting point for a new player. There are a lot of ways to succeed and not many ways to fail. Just by screwing around with it for a short while, you're almost guaranteed to discover several ways to book good matches, get people over, and put together good shows. You can then take that knowledge to another promotion where more "skill" is required for success. For someone who's never played the game before, why not start easy and learn the basics before worrying about emergency booking and dealing with crises? When trying to learn any new skill, I've always found it's best to start with the fundamentals. There's a reason they don't teach people how to swim by dropping them into the middle of the ocean from a helicopter.

And as for Cornell, of course it's possible for him to take part in matches rated lower than a B. I don't think I've ever suggested otherwise (although I don't imagine anyone will want to wade back through all my ramblings in this thread to check). But I believe he's certainly capable, all things being equal, of having a main event caliber match with anyone on the original TCW roster. That's not a guarantee that any one individual match will be great, but I'd be stunned if he didn't average a B+ or higher match rating over the course of any reasonably lengthy game.

And otherwise, of course I'm happy to agree to disagree. And isn't that one of the many great things about this game--there are many different ways to play it and enjoy it.

I want to add just one tiny detail. Sometimes, the game gives you "unexpected surprises", of both the good and bad kind.

I have one example of a good surprise.

I once had Suzanne Brazzle face off against Steph Blake. Suzanne Brazzle had about E+ popularity at the time, with D+ momentum, with good Performance Skills, and decent Technical Skills. Steph Blake was about E popularity, with E+ momentum, with above average Performance Skills, decent Brawling, and below average Skills. Both were midcarders at the time. It was in AAA, with their usual product.

You would have thought the match would have graded out around D+ if I was lucky, maybe D-. I managed to get a B-. No hot storyline. No chemistry notes. No road agent notes, except who was going to win (Suzanne Brazzle).

I have tried reproducing the result, but I always, at best, managed to get a C- (if not lower) between the two. However, Suzanne's Brawling and Rumble did go up, and Steph Blake's Technical Skills have gone much higher (from the E's to the D+), and her Performance Skill overall now is B-. Both are upper midcarders now, with D popularity.

...and now I feel stooopid for staying up till 5:40am and not being able to manage anything higher than a B- show :-p

Damn, 5:40am...this TEW business is already getting to be a bad habbit. Meh, sleep is for pansies!

Create a working agreement with USPW if you are playing as TCW. Getting guys like Baine, Bruce, Jutice, and Caulfield are good people to put your guys over with and Justice/Caulfied can help put on good matches.

Create a working agreement with USPW if you are playing as TCW. Getting guys like Baine, Bruce, Jutice, and Caulfield are good people to put your guys over with and Justice/Caulfied can help put on good matches.

I did as you suggested...how does the working agreement help me to get guys? Will they be more likely to sign for me when their contracts are up or can I 'borrow' them beforehand?

You can talent trade, go to USPW's company screen, then business, then talent trade. You can trade for one of their guys in exchange for one of your own (you can use both at the same time, they can just book your guy for a show). You can choose up to three appearances you get to use the worker for at a time. They need to be similiar in value/overness and they dont trade champions. American Buffalo is usually someone they accept (and he could use the extra matches to improve) dont remember who else i traded exactly but overall its a pretty sweet deal for you. Just dont trade anyone you are protecting in case they book them to lose and their overness drops (doesnt happen too much but just warning)

Also run house shows in the U.S. as that will help get you $$$

Archived