The GDS Scramble: A Short Watcher Diary

OOC note: This is a watcher diary based on a scrambled (that is, no contract) version of the C-Verse. I'm not taking the writing here very seriously and, as JSilver has noted at the beginning of his classic USPW diary, neither should you.

The overall goal was to see what would happen to the CVerse if I removed all of the contracts. Sadly, I intended to title the thread the "the Cverse Scramble", but I suck and named it the "GDS Scramble". By the way - check out Sebs awesome GDS-Verse mod in the mod section. It rocks.

This diary will go for exactly one game year. First, I'll write up some silly back stories for all of the new owners. Then I'll do a quick recap of the year.

<hr>

Thanos stared at the Infinity Gauntlet. The GDS Continuity had provided him with entertainment in the past. He was particularly fond of his decimation of the so-called “town” in the earth year of 2008 (for details on this mafia game, see http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=31230 ... and come play a game or two with us down there :p).

But now Thanos grew bored. He was omnipotent. And bored.

It turned out, however, that the Mad Titan loved professional wrestling. Yet, even wrestling could not bring a smile to the universe's would-be ruler. He stared at the yellow stone. With it, he controlled reality.

Chaos. Not order.

Something new.

And then he willed it so.

The C-Verse would never be the same.

Richard Eisen propped his feet on his massive desk. Ah, it truly was good to be on top of the wrestling world. Eisen grabbed a nearby legal pad.

"Things to do today" was written across the top of the pad. The items included things like "spread rumors about the TCW", "pilfer PPA talent from NOTBPW, CGC, and USPW", and "kick no fewer than 10 puppies a combined distance of at least 50 feet".

Just then, a flash of yellow energy flushed over the room. Eisen sat silently, apparently paying no mind to the yellow glow. Then he dropped the tablet on the desk and grabbed his phone.

His secretary picked up on the other end. "How may I help you, Mr. Eisen?"

"I'd like to release some workers."

Nothing new, his administrative assistant thought to herself. "Who would you like to release?"

"Everyone."

"Everyone?"

"Everyone."

She gulped.

"Oh, and get Victoria Stone on the phone."

Eisen hung up his phone, as though there was nothing unusual about his behavior. In a nearby room, his administrative assistant's jaw just about dropped off her face, as she saw the headlines on TotalExtremeWrestling.com:

Tommy Cornell intends to terminate all TCW contracts and then sell the company.

In the quickest major deal in wrestling history, Victoria Stone quickly became the sole owner of the SWF. It is understood that Richard Eisen took a major loss on this deal, as Victoria Stone was allowed, as part of the transaction, to keep the SWF's operating funds.

This scene would be repeated all over the globe, with literally every worker in the world being released and virtually every promotion in the world being sold. Predictably, the media world did not respond well to this inexplicable shakeup. As a result, every television show and pay per view agreement in the world was canceled. In response to this, everyone got mad and threw away their belts and trophies. 2010 would prove to be a record growth year for diamond-studded gold belt and trophy manufactures, as every promotion in the world was forced to order new titles.

Just a few short days later and new contracts were signed, as the wrestling world fell into a frenzied competition to sign all of the recently released talent.

USA

SWF

Victoria Stone quickly settled into her new office at SWF headquarters. Her brother Jeremy thought that she had flipped her lid, claiming to be the new owner of SWF and all. When dad fired him the next day and sold NOTBPW, he quickly changed his tune, realizing just how much things had changed.

Vicki wasn't one to hold a grudge, however, and she quickly reached out to her brother. Jeremy, in shock of how bizarre the wrestling was, quickly agreed to meet with Vicki. Just days later, Vicki would announce that she had sold a majority of the SWF's developmental territory RIPW to Jeremy Stone.

She then took to the task of finding a head booker for the SWF. Then, she rolled her eyes. As if! She would, naturally, work as both the headbooker and owner.

= = = = = = = =

TCW

Barry “Runaway Train” Bowen was lying on a train track, having ran away and looking for a train to take his life.

Richard Eisen had unexpectedly fired him earlier that week and then sold the company to Victoria Stone. Victoria moved quickly, resigning several of the SWF's big names, including Christian Faith, Jack Bruce, and Skull DeBones. Barry called Vicki and inquired about the status of his contract. Vicki replied with an “As If!”. Train begged for his job, explaining that he needed to take care of his family. The position of SWF Owner apparently screws with people's heads, as Vicki responded that he should probably just “go get hit by a train, so his trashy looking daughter could collect on the life insurance”.

And so, Runaway Train was waiting on the train tracks. And then he received the call.

“Hello?”

“Runaway Train?”

“This is him.”

“This is Tommy Cornell. I want to sell you the TCW.”

Train shrugged and pulled out his wallet. Forty-eight dollars.

“I'll give you 48 bucks.”

“Sold.” Click.

Cool. Train got off the tracks and started walking back to town. Guess he had a reason to live, after all. How hard could it be to run a successful wrestling company when you have Tommy -Freaking- Cornell on the roster?

The phone buzzed again.

“Hello?”

“It's Tommy again. I wanted to let you know that I fired everyone before I sold you the company.”

“Oh.”

Well, at least he still had Tommy on the roster.

“Including myself.”

Sigh. Not all was lost, he thought. Vicki was still rebuilding the SWF. He had some time to get some names on the roster.

“And I signed with the SWF.“

Double sigh. Train looked back at the tracks. He should probably go back to plan A. Nah, he could make it work.

= = = = = = = =

USPW

Sam Strong had an idea. He was going to make women's wrestling a big deal, brother. He was going to dump all of these old fossils from his roster and sell the company to someone that knew how to handle women's wrestling. He grabbed his notebook. Computerized contracts, what an awesome idea. Of course, Sam Strong was about as far as possible from being computer literate and so it should come as no surprise that he accidentally clicked the button that terminated everyone's contracts, including the women on the roster.

Oh bother, brother.

He called Anne Stardust and sold her the company. Best to not tell her about accidentally firing the women on the roster.

Days later...

Anne Stardust arrived at the USPW main office. She sat down at her desk, ready to make women's wrestling a big deal. She looked over the roster and noticed that it was empty. That idiot Strong had fired everyone! For this, Sam Strong would suffer. She picked up the phone.

“Sam, this is Anne.”

“Hey brother.”

“You fired everyone on the roster.”

“Oops, brother.”

“I hereby banish you to Canada.”

Alicia Strong called Anne Stardust the next day.

“I heard you banished my dad to Canada.”

“Yeah.”

“That was mean.”

“He fired you. And all of the girls.”

“It was an accident.”

“It was malicious.”

“Whatever. I'm going to Japan!”

Great, Alicia was gone. And with the whole Belle thing (see the AAA entry), things didn't look so great for an all women's USPW. Guess she'd need some men after all.

= = = = = = = =

CZCW

Cliff Anderson was fed up with promotions stealing his talent and was in the middle of writing a VERY strongly worded letter to Richard Eisen, Tommy Cornell, and Sam Strong when someone knocked on his door.

With his perpetually creepy smile on his face, Anderson opened the door and found Chris Caulfield.

“Hi Mr. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnderson. Can I have a job?”

Cliff rubbed his chin, while continuing to have a creepy look on his face.

“I thought you worked for Sam.”

“He fired me.”

“For what?”

“Beats me. He fired everyone.”

A light bulb goes off in Cliff's head. That's it! He'd fire everyone, then give the CZCW away. Let's see the SWF and TCW steal his talent then!

Anderson runs back to the desk and scribbles over his letter. He writes “I hearby fire everyone from the CZCW and sign the company over to Chris Caulfield.” He then gives the letter to Chris. “Welcome to the...”

“CAULFIED ZONE BABY!”, Caulfied yells.

= = = = = = = =

PSW or How Mitch Naess saved Pittsburgh

Giant Redwood was angry. And bulbous. And hungry. And unemployed. He couldn't believe that pencil **** jerk **** *** monkey licking dork face Sam Strong had fired him.

You know what? Just for that, he was going to eat Pittsburgh. Yes, that's right. The entire city.

A few hours later...

Redwood stepped off the bus. He was exhausted. From getting off the bus, of course. By pure happenstance, he happened to be in-front of the PSW main office. No better place to start! He marched into the office, pointed at Mitch Naess and exclaimed “I'm gonna eat you boy!”

Mitch screamed like a girl and gave up the PSW to Giant Redwood. Redwood immediately declared himself the PSW “Wrestling Spirit” champion and went to the corner to stroke his shiny belt. This, of course, was all that his pea-sized brain could focus on and so he forgot to eat Pittsburgh.

When Mitch told the roster that Redwood was the new owner, they all quit.

= = = = = = = =

AAA

Anne Stardust had it all figured out. She'd buy the USPW from Sam Strong, who seemed genuinely interested in promoting women's wrestling. She'd pass AAA onto a worthy protege and use it as a feeder league. She contacted Belle Bryden, also known as Wanda Fish, and offered her the position. Fish was happy to take over AAA for her.

Everything seemed perfect.

And then Sam Strong fired everyone. That idiot. Off to Canada with him!

Belle, being great in the ring and excellent on the mic, was really, and I mean really, a blonde in real life. Really.

She didn't buy this “Sam Strong accidentally fired you business” one bit. This was Anne getting even with her for accepting Strong's contract offer earlier in the year. Well, she'd make her regret this! Belle stomped all the way across the country, like Forrest Gump, and then into the AAA offices.

Belle, feeling spiteful, fired everyone that Anne had hired. Which, as it was, was everyone.

= = = = = = = =

BSC

Richard Eisen flew to Las Vegas. He found Honey Golightly and expressed his interest in purchasing the BSC. She laughed. Like the owner of the SWF would have any interest in the BSC.

Eisen wasn't joking though. If Honey knew him better, she'd have known that this was pretty much everything that Richard had always wanted. Scantily clad women, willing to perform deviant sexual acts for minimal money?

Sign him up!

Eventually, Honey gave in to Richard's demands, agreeing to sell the company if he allowed her to stay on as a commentator. He agreed and purchased the company.

And then he fired poor Honey. Who managed to stay unemployed for the entire year.

= = = = = = = =

FCW

Puerto Rican Power was confused. The wrestling world was crazy, even by wrestling world standards. Everyone was firing everyone, throwing their belts in the trash, and selling their companies to random people that didn't make any sense.

When in doubt, ask a ninja. And so Puerto Rican Power submitted a question to askaninja.com.

The answer: sell the company to a ninja.

And thus Fumihiro Ota came to own the FCW. And being an evil ninja, he opted to fire everyone and throw away their belts.

= = = = = = = =

MAW

Rip Chord was gone. Off to be a road agent for the SWF. Without Rip, the workers of MAW left. MAW was an empty shell. The sign reading “10 simple rules” stayed up, but no one was there to read it.

And then Alex Braun came. When he heard that Rip had left MAW, he jumped in his car, hit John Greed with his vehicle (just to be sure), and traveled to the MAW headquarters.

He had, more than anything, wanted his own promotion. And now he had it. And yet he couldn't stop looking over his shoulder for John Greed...

= = = = = = = =

NYCW

The Stomper was not worried about the changes to the wrestling world. NYCW was based on not changing with the times and he didn't see any reason to change things up.

That was, until he was contacted by Runaway Train. Would he like to be a road agent for TCW?

And how!

Still, this was no problem for NYCW. Stomper would simply pass the company to David Mack and all would be well.

And then someone told him that David Mack wasn't real. And that they had been running angles and matches for the last three years featuring NYCW wrestlers taking bumps against a imaginary, invisible wrestler.

Turns out, Stomper was crazy.

So, how did Dean Daniels end up owning NYCW? No one else wanted it.

• 2 months later...

Archived