The Runcorn Wrestling Alliance

Asleep, wandering through a fantastical world that seemingly had been created from the depths of wrestling folk law… And Disney, I was at peace. In a strange way, I knew that when I woke up I’d feel pain, unbelievable pain. Maybe that’s what it was, the reason why all of a sudden I felt a surge though my head. The strange sound of a drill ploughing through my head as I walked through this childs vision of the hall of immortals. My eyes blink open, I reach over and look at the clock.

“7.30 in the morning? Are you kidding me?”

I turn over to the far side of the bed and reach over to the dresser table on my right side. I begin to fumble for the device making the drilling sound in my head, hangovers were not my thing. Knocking several cans from the dresser, I finally find the phone and look at the display. Andy Knox; what exactly did he want?

“Hello?”

“Mike?”

“Who else would it be at this time in the morning when you call my phone?”

“Point taken… We need talk.”

“What’s on you’re mind…”

“Not over the phone, can you come down to the hall a little later?”

I grind my teeth at the obvious non-required early wake up call. I then realised that other people, those people who weren’t constantly drunk and living off an injury from 5 years earlier had jobs and things.

“Alright, what time?”

“I’ll be in work till 12. Meet me there about 12.30?”

“Sure, see you then.”

Hanging up the phone I lean back against my pillows, closing my eyes and safe in the knowledge that I had 5 hours left to sleep. Let’s be honest, he never expected me to be on time.

I pulled up into the Grangeway Community Centre at 1.30 and climbed out of my car. Pulling the sunglasses off my head, I walked towards the front door and pushed it open. Turning right into the hall, I spy the Wrestling ring and a number of hopefuls standing around it waiting to work spots and learn the ropes. Spotting me from a distance, Andy calls to one of the older wrestlers and heads towards me.

“Thanks for coming.”

“No problem, sorry I’m late.”

“It’s fine, I knew you’d be late.”

“What’s going on?”

“What, I can’t ask my old friend to come down here and…”

I cut him off with a look, he knew my day wouldn’t normally start until about now and, except for those weekend days where I’d ran out of larger I didn’t often venture out during daylight hours.

“I’ve been offered some contracts in America…”

“That’s great, what do you need me for?”

“Well, I need to step away from the Academy and to be honest I can’t find anyone else to step up.”

“No… No way…”

I’d known this was coming for a while, but there was no way I could teach…

“I’m not asking you to train the kids… I’m saying that we need to start making money. We’d tossed around the idea of putting on some shows and I thought…”

“What? You’d get a loan from me? I don’t have that much… I mean…”

“No, no, that’s not what I’m saying…”

He stopped and took a deep breath, his eyes seemed to be searching me.

“Look, I Eddie is happy to keep training the kids, but the Community Centre need to start taking donantions and storage costs. What’s more, these kids have no-where to go when they start to graduate. We’ve been looking to start running a show, maybe once or twice a month, and I was hoping that seeing as I wont be here to book it… I was hoping you would pick up the reigns.”

I didn’t know what to say, wrestling was something that I’d always loved but booking? I’d been a promising football player before the knee injury, and I’d been helping Andy out every month before I got hurt but booking?

“I don’t know… I mean isn’t there…”

“No-one, we’ve been looking for a financial backer for a while but the problem is that without a solid booker no-one will touch us…”

“Solid? I’ve gotten up before midday once in the last 2 years.”

“We don’t run shows in the morning Mike… Come on, what you think?”

At that moment, I knew things would never be the same again. I was in the Wrestling business.

Over the next 3 weeks I watched the training sessions at the Community Centre. Andy had left the following week and had officially handed the reigns over to me. This, I had found, had been a wrench for him. He’d agreed that on his return he’d help me out, but if I was enjoying my role I wouldn’t have to give anything up. The most frightening thing? Not one of the rookies were ready, it was a big concern that I’d have to find talent from elsewhere.

We announced our first show to be Saturday 23rd of March, 3 weeks away. Amazing… I had no roster, no prospects and no money. We had no history and no way to attract big stars, and even if we could we couldn’t afford them. Luckily, my name held a little stock in this area. I’d been a promising name, having been signed to a contract with Everton and as such people wanted to speak to me because I still had connections within football. Still; hiring new talent was going to be a challenge.

Rumours had surfaced that there was someone interested in taking over the day to day business and ownership of the Academy and the show but he hadn’t introduced himself to me; whatsmore Andy had been sworn to secrecy. I was flying blind, but it wasn’t going to stop me. Turns out that once I’d sunk my teeth into it, I was hooked. I’d even started getting up at 11 am each morning… What? That’s an improvement. AND I only drink on the nights where I’m free the next day. Check me out, I’m reformed.

I’d been playing around with getting our name out there. I started a twitter account, a myspace page and a facebook group. This was, of course, after buying a laptop and having internet installed. My attempts were mediocre at best, and one of the kids who was training apparently was interested in this crap and agreed to run the site for us. I’d spoken to a friend of mine about taping the shows on his handheld camcorder and burning the shows onto DVD for me. He’d agreed, and also told me he’d do it at cost.

Things were shaping up nicely, I’d made a few calls and I’d spoken to a few names in the business about turning up for our shows. I’d also heard some good news about cutbacks at Ring of Fire. If I could just find out who had been let go this could be something we could capitalise on. I was bouncing, I was bubbling I was ready to go. Then I got the call.

“Hello?”

“Mike, it’s Andy…”

“Alright kid, how’s it going?”

“Good, got a few companies interested in using me more long term… In fact, that’s why I’ve called you.”

“Yeah? News on a buyer?”

“Yeah, he’s signed. You’ve got a new boss and he’ll be there at the weekend to meet you.”

“Really? Who is it?”

The name… The name filled me with an elation that I wouldn’t have found possible had I not felt it myself.

“That’s… Amazing, I can’t believe…”

“Hold on, you need to hear something. He’s coming in but he’s not investing any money in the company, he wants it to run on it’s own 2 feet. He said that if and when you grow into something that would be viable for long term investment, then he’ll invest. For now, he’s going to concentrate on balancing the books and his on screen presence.”

The news of the lack of funding was one thing, but on screen presence?

“On screen? What do you mean on screen?”

“I mean, he wants to be an on screen owner. Just try and work with it, if you get on his good side he might invest sooner… Listen, I’ve got to go… I have a match later. Keep me updated alright?”

He hung up the phone before I could reply, he knew how I’d feel about this. Yet I couldn’t walk away, I couldn’t let these guys down. This was a situation I just knew I’d have to put up with.

The news had apparently hit me much harder than I thought. Friday night, the night before I met our new owner, I hit the bottle; Hard. I was nervous, I was under qualified and whatsmore, I was sure he was going to hate me. Walking into the Grangeway Community I saw him stood there, looking at the ring, his eyes glowing with the anticipation of his new business venture. I grind my teeth once more, removing my sunglasses and smoothing down my scruffy hair, I make my approach. Getting within 10 feet, he turns around and our eyes meet.

“Mike Melling. Current head booker...”

“Mike, it’s a pleasure to meet you. My name is Dunton Hall.”

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/DuntonHall.jpg

“So, how do you like our little corner of paradise.”

“Quaint, I suppose. Although one day I would hope we could be selling out much bigger arenas.”

“I would too, but for now we have to start off small.”

I sense him surveying me, checking me out. I almost feel as though his decision had been made before he’d met me. I felt the hope slowly seep away from me, expecting him to use his money and influence to bring in some huge names to try and bolster his roster.

“Let’s take a seat over here and we can discuss your ideas.”

Leading me towards the chairs surrounding the room, he took his seat and pulled out a notepad. Clearly, he looked to get as much information as he could take down. I reached into my bag and pulled out my laptop, firing it up. I noticed a grin across his face.

“Ahhh the differences of youth and experience.”

“Sorry?”

“Young people and their reliance on technology. Don’t for a second think I’m a technophobe, not at all I just always placed most stock into pen and paper.”

I smile as I lean back, allowing my fingers to bring up spreadsheets, word processor documents and databases that I’d built over the last few weeks.

“Tell me about you first of all Mike, I want to know all about you.”

“Oh, well... Of course. Well my name is Mike Melling, I was born in Liverpool in 1984 and moved to Widnes at 4. My father is a huge football fan, a Liverpool fan. I was a relatively good football player, I had my opportunity with Everton. I don’t know why, but I decided I wanted to continue my education and gained a first from the University of Liverpool in Media and ICT. 5 years ago, when I was 20, I destroyed my knee in a late night car accident; lost my career. I have a reasonable pension from the insurance and have been looking for a project ever since.”

“I see...”

He gave nothing away, I sensed he knew a lot of this information already... I don’t know why, but I felt the one fact I’d hidden had disappointed him.

“The car accident was my own fault. I’d been out drinking and thought I was untouchable. As such, I lost my driving license until last year .”

He didn’t speak, but smiled. I sensed perhaps he’d been waiting to see if I admitted the one major mistake I’d made in my life.

“Alright, so we’re just 2 weeks away from our first show. What have you planned?”

I flick to a spreadsheet built up from scratch.

“Well, in the last week we’ve seen Ring of Fire release a number of good names that we could make use of. The main 2 being Martin Heath and Nigel Svensson. I’ve also been focusing on unemployed workers, we’re no-where near big enough to need to focus on huge names. Unemployed workers will be more desperate for work so will be more likely to accept a lower offer. As our payments to our workers will be based on sponsorship and ticket sales we need to keep costs low.”

Again, he didn’t speak. He continued to make notes in his book, nodding gently along with my ideas.

“I’ve approached a referee and figured that I would pull double duty as Road Agent and Announcer, which should cut down on costs a little. I had planned on contacting a couple of unemployed managers to help our less popular workers get over, that was until I found out you were taking over as owner.”

At this, he seemed to gain interest, he looked up from his paper and placed his hand holding his pen on his knee.

“Go on...”

“I was thinking that you could play the on screen owner as well as off screen. You’re well known for your intelligence and your amazing charisma. As such, you playing the face of RWA would be a major bonus for the company. People would come just to see what this amazing entrepreneur would plan to do next.”

He grins momentarily before leaning back to his paper.

“I think that’s enough for now, you have a show to prepare for.”

“So, I’m still head booker?”

“My dear boy, your position was never in danger.”

His eyes lift from the paper and meet mine again with that selfsame grin across his face.

“I’m an Everton fan...”

Runcorn Wrestling Alliance

Based: North (UK)

Popularity: 0

Prestige: 0

Money: 0

Roster

Main Event

Arthur T. Turtle

Keith Adams

Mr. Evilness

Nigel (Svensson) Pike

Upper Midcard

Jase Cole

Martin Heath

Otto Hammerschmidt

Glen Ward

Pierre DuPont

Midcard

Gordon Leve

Curtis Jenkins

Lower Midcard

Bad News Bruno

Authority Figure

Dunton Hall

Referee

Roy Worrall

Road Agent

Mike Melling

Titles

RWA Heavyweight Title

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Titles/RWA/Generic_WorldHeavy06.jpg

RWA Rumble In Runcorn (Tournement Title for January)

Welcome to the MySpace page of the Runcorn Wrestling Alliance

On Saturday January 23rd 2010, the Runcorn Wrestling Alliance presents “RWA Rumble in Runcorn” the first of their Annual events that will be held at the Grangeway Community Centre. The Rumble in Runcorn tournament will this year, and this year only determine the first RWA Heavyweight Champion.

Our first round matches will see Mr. Evilness take on Jase Cole, Keith Adams take on Pierre DuPont, Arthur T. Turtle face Glen Ward and Nigel Pike taking on Martin Heath. The winners of these matches will face each other later in the night, ending with the final match of the evening crowning not only the winner of the Rumble in Runcorn but also the RWA Heavyweight Champion.

Our only other match of the evening will see Otto Hammerschmidt take on Gordon Leve and Curtis Jenkins in a Triple Threat match for the RWA British Championship.

Quick Picks

Match 1 - Mr. Evilness Vs Jase Cole

Match 2 - Keith Adams Vs Pierre DuPont

Match 3 - Arthur T. Turtle Vs Glen Ward

Match 4 - Nigel Pike Vs Martin Heath

Match 5 - Otto Hammerschmidt Vs Gordon Leve Vs Curtis Jenkins

Match 6 - Match 1 Winner Vs Match 2 Winner

Match 7 - Match 3 Winner Vs Match 4 Winner

Match 8 - Match 6 Winner Vs Match 7 for the RWA Heavyweight Title and Rumble In Runcorn Tournement.

Runcorn Wrestling Alliance Presents... RWA Rumble In Runcorn.

Saturday 23rd January 2010

Live from the Grangeway Community Centre, Runcorn

Attendence – 7

MM: Welcome everyone to the first show for the Runcorn Wrestling Alliance. This is the Rumble in Runcorn!

Melling is cut off by the music of the RWA owner Dunton Hall making his way to the ring, a number of boos ring out through the arena among the few fans that have attended the event seem intent on booing the new owner out of the ring.

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/DuntonHall.jpg

DH: Ladies and gentlemen, I have very happy you have chosen to spend your evening with us here this evening, and even more happy that your hard earned pittance has been placed firmly into my pocket.

Hall accepts even more boos from the onlookers at this statement.

DH: Tonight, the Runcorn Wrestling Alliance sees a new beginning, a new owner and the dawning of the type of wrestling this country has been waiting for. Tonight will see the dawning of my company, my vision. Tonight, the Runcorn Wrestling Alliance is here!

Turning away, Hall heads to the commentary position to take a seat next to Mike Melling.

Rating – D+

MM: Mr. Hall, it’s great to have you here.

DH: Flattery will get you no-where you insignificant peon. Do your job or I will replace you.

RWA Heavyweight Title Tournement Round 1

Mr. Evilness Vs Jase Cole

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/MrEvilness.jpg Vs http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/JaseCole.jpg

In a poor match that saw the dark Mr. Evil dominate the first round match against the impressive youngster Jase Cole.

Rating – E+

Keith Adams Vs Pierre DuPont

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/KeithAdams.jpg Vs http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/PierreDuPont_alt1.jpg

In a reasonable first round match, Keith Adams beat Pierre DuPont by pinfall after a DuPont attempted to cheat to win but failed.

Rating – D-

Arthur T. Turtle Vs Glen Ward

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/ArthurTTurtle.jpg Vs http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/GlenWard.jpg

In another strong first round match, Arthur T. Turtle defeated Glen Ward with by Submission in a close fought match.

Rating – D-

MM: What a good start we’ve had this evening Mr...

DH: I swear you were born to be the haemorrhoid to my proverbial bottom.

As Hall speaks, he’s cut off by the arrival of Nigel Pike making his way to the ring. Climbing into the ring, he takes a mic and grins out at the fans.

NP: I was just passing through tonight and heard there was some fightin’ to be done. Me? The name’s Nigel Pike, I’m a bare knuckle fighter and figured I’d step into something a little more legitimate... I should be able to pass through here once a month, I’m the travelling type ya see. So all of ya, man women and child, can lay safe in the knowledge that only once a month will any of ya need to worry about me knockin’ ya teeth down ya throat.

Rating – E-

Pike stands back as Martin Heath makes his way out to thu- To some applause. As he does, Bad New Bruno appears from backstage...

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/BadNewsBruno.jpg

... And smashes Heath into the exposed wall. A number of big body splashes later and Heath is on the ground almost completely unconscious. His limp, lifeless body is lifted up and rolled into the ring.

Rating – E+

Nigel Pike Vs Martin Heath

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/NigelSvensson.jpgVs http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/MartinHeath.jpg

In an extremely short match following his opponents decimation, Nigel Pike picked up the victory with the Romany King.

Rating – E+

RWA British Title Match

Otto Hammerscmidt Vs Gorden Leve Vs Curtis Jenkins

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/OttoHammerschmidt.jpgVs http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/GordonLeve.jpgVshttp://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/CurtisJenkins.jpg

In a match dominated by the strong German, he picked up an easy victory and left an unsavoury taste in the mouth of those fans who had turned up on this fateful evening. A German as British Champion? Surely not...

Rating – E-

MM: Well, it would appear that tonight his a multi-cultural debut evening.

DH: Do you think for one second that I would have anything but a cultural experience for our fans?

Arthur T. Turtle makes his way out to the ring only for, as earlier in the evening, Bad News Bruno to attack from behind...

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/BadNewsBruno.jpg

... And crush him continually against the wall, the ring apron and the ring post. His final action was to symbolically roll Turtle into the ring. As he does, he turns to head back to the backstage area and for Nigel Pike to make his entrance as if not even acknowledging Bruno’s appearance.

Rating – E+

RWA Heavyweight Title Tournement Semi Final 1

Arthur T. Turtle Vs Nigel Pike

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/ArthurTTurtle.jpgVshttp://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/NigelSvensson.jpg

In what was the shortest match of the night, Nigel Pike was able to easily pin Arthur T. Turtle after the vicious assault with the Romany King.

Rating – D-

RWA Heavyweight Title Tournement Semi Final 1

Mr. Evilness Vs Keith Adams

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/MrEvilness.jpgVs http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/KeithAdams.jpg

In our second semi final, Mr. Evilness appeared to have the match under control until Mr. Hall climbed to his feet. Raising a thumb, a smile on his face, he suddenly changed to a thumbs down. At this point, the phsycotic Mr. Evilness left the ring and picked up a steel chair, returning to it and knocking Adams out cold. The referee called for the bell, and awarded the win to Adams by DQ.

Rating – D-

As Mr. Evilness made his way out of the arena, Bad News Bruno again entered the arena.

The boos are quite strong as all 7 people sound their displeasure. Bruno enters the ring and lifts Adams to his feet. Lifting him high into the air, Bruno drops him down onto the steel chair with a choke bomb.

Rating - D-

Nigel Pike again makes his way to the ring and rolls inside, begging the referee to call for the bell.

RWA Heavyweight Title Tournement Final

Nigel Pike Vs Keith Adams

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/NigelSvensson.jpgVs http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/KeithAdams.jpg

1... 2... NO! Keith Adam’s kicked out, not just once but twice as this final began. Frustrated, Pike attempted to hit a number of high impact moves followed by covers. Again, Adam’s is able to kick out. A desperate attempt is reversed by Adam’s who finally takes control, the fans pop (Yes, 7 people can pop) as Adam’s moves into complete control.

DH: Sorry, I have an investment to protect...

As Adam’s sets up to end the match, Dunton Hall climbs onto the apron to distract him. Adam’s raises his arms, confused as to what he was seeing only to be hit with the Romany King by Nigel Pike. Pike gains the tainted victory and the RWA Heavyweight Title to a chor... To a number of boos.

Rating – D

Post match, Dunton Hall enters the ring with the RWA Heavyweight Title. He hands the belt over to the Gypsy Prince and raises his hand. The fans show their displeasure as the show comes to a rousing end.

Rating – E-

Final Show Rating

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Ratings/grade_d.jpg

Our first show had gone well, much better than I'd expected in fact. Granted, the number of fans had been disappointed but we couldn't even rely on the family of the graduates... There weren't any yet! Still, we'd attracted a core of 7 people that had turned up and played their part, cheering and booing in the right places. Dunton had gotten over as the evil heel owner, and to be honest I had been surprised by how unpopular Nigel Svensson had become since moving over from Ring of Fire. Still, here I was sat opposite my boss who was looking over the booking sheet from the last show.

"I was impressed Mike, I have to admit. Don't get me wrong, 7 people? That was more than disappointing but still, we have to get our names out there. I enjoyed playing the bad guy..."

"You were a natural..."

His smile was almost fatherly.

"I also enjoyed how you managed to make Nigel look like a coward. Always a popular heel trait, mix that in with the stereotypical Gypsy behaviour and the misconceptions of a lot of people about their way of life leads to an intersting character. We've yet to find a link between Nigel and myself however."

"I have been thinking about that sir..."

"Please, call me Dunton..."

"I've been thinking about that Dunton... We don't need to reveal anything straight away, for now we can focus on you being happy that you've hand picked your own champion."

"I agree, also Bad News Bruno has been a breath of fresh air for the Big Man in wrestling. I've enjoyed watching him being used as a hired gun, we need to promote that."

"Defintely... Oh, by the way, did you manage to take a look at the tapes I sent you?"

"Indeed, I've contacted him and made an offer, I think he has a good luck and the potential to be great. That's without his pedigree."

"I'm glad you see it like that, I've had an couple of ideas involving you and him; that is if he agrees to sign..."

Over the next hour we chewed over a number of ideas and I pointed out my ideas for the next show. He was happy with his involvement, and his roll as colour commentator was giving him the opportunity to excercise his lungs and take pot shots at me on our DVD recordings. Our initial sales had been good, and I'd appreciated the guys had agreed to sign autographs after the shows and split the profits. Given time? This could just work...

Welcome to the MySpace page of the Runcorn Wrestling Alliance

Live on the 13th February 2010, from the Grangeway Community Centre in Runcorn, RWA Presents... RWA Valentine's Day Party. RWA's second show comes hot off the heels of a surprisingly good debut show.

Looking to bounce back from a loss in the Title Tournement, Glen Ward looks to take on debutant Bali Daljit while Jase Cole takes on yet another debuting superstar whose appearance is being built as a surprise.

Following on from his loss in the final last month, Keith Adams will look to get his rematch against Nigel Pike. It is rumoured, however, that between them Dunton Hall and Pike will do whatever it takes to not only ensure that Adam's doesn't get a shot but that Pike will have a night off.

Pierre DuPont and Gordon Leve both look to stake their claim for a shot at the RWA British title in an interesting match up. Both will be looking on when Otto Hammerschmidt takes on Martin Heath to defend his RWA British Title.

Finally, the Main Event is currently being billed a as a Number One contenders match with Arthur T. Turtle taking on Mr. Evilness. The winner, rumour has it, will get a shot at Nigel Pike's championship at the following RWA show.

Quick Picks

Glen Ward Vs Bali Daljit

Jase Cole Vs ???

Pierre DuPont Vs Gordon Leve

Otto Hammerschmidt Vs Martin Heath

Mr. Evilness Vs Arthur T. Turtle

Really nice first show. I had to admit that I´m surprised about how good match ratings you got, seems that I have much to learn:).

Glen Ward Vs Bali Daljit

Ward is one of those guys that surprised me. I knew he and Turtle are decent but didn´t expect them to have a D- match. Anyway Ward should get a win here after he´s good match last month.

Jase Cole Vs ???

Mystery guys usually win

Leve is your only below upper midcard face so I believe that he will do quite much jobbing.

Otto is a champion so he takes the win here

Mr. Evilness Vs Arthur T. Turtle

Since Nigel is a heel I see face winning here so Turtle over Mr.Evil

I too was pleased with the first show, but in fairness when your main eventers are involved in 7 of the 8 matches it's going to be easier to pull in good ratings. Going forward I have a feeling it will be a little more difficult to get those kinds of ratings.

Still a good first show means a boost in popularity, I'm planning on posting how our popularity has grown in 6 month bursts.

I have to admit, the idea of 7 fans is quite funny...

"Where do you see us in 5 years time?"

It was a question he’d asked me going on 15 minutes ago now; and luckily I’d caught a break. No, not some amazing presentation that ended with us going head to head with SWF and TCW for ratings in the UK, Dunton had gotten a phone call. Problem is? My lucky break was dwindling quickly; he’d made chatterbox gestures with his hand 3 times in the last 5 minutes. He wanted to end his conversation quickly.

Where did I see us in 5 years? We’d put on one show! How the hell did he expect me to come up with a 5 year plan on the spot? Then again, that’s how he’d made his empire; 5 years at a time. I’d done my research and he’d changed his focus ever 5 years. Never forgetting his previous project but always changing to something new. Was that why he was asking me? Setting his goals 5 years ahead and basing my future as the head of this company on that fact and that alone.

Moment’s later, that moment I’d been dreading came. He snapped his cell phone shut and walked back towards me, sitting next to me in the selfsame seats we’d occupied during every meeting since our first show. He smiled, leaning against the back of his chair with his side and resting his fingers against his temple.

“Sorry about that Mike, business calls with Marjory Watson tend to drag on longer than they need to.”

I’d already met Marjory, a stern looking women with a head for business. She had a manor about her that said she didn’t like this business venture, the biggest hint was that she refused to have her name attached to it in any way. Dunton had told me this was how he wanted it, a hobby in all of his business activity that he could truly call his own.

“So, where were we?”

Did I bring back up the question he’d asked me? Or did I try and let it die. Taking a deep breath, I figured I’d be honest; he seemed to appreciate that.

“You asked me where I thought we’d be in 5 years.”

“Ahhh yes, the 5 year plan; so, what are your thoughts?”

Girding my loins, I make eye contact.

“Dunton, I will be honest with you; I have no idea.”

For a moment he looked disappointed, but then as if catching onto something he didn’t he seemed to flicker into intrigue.

“Why?”

“This is an ever changing business, I’m sure USPW have a plan to be one of the biggest promotions in the world but will they succeed? I have no idea. We meet once or twice a month, we’re a tiny company coming out of a community centre. How could we possibly guess how popular we’d be. In the last month traffic on our website has doubled; to 8 views a day. Our show hit a nerve but I can’t see any more than our normal crowd making their presence felt in a couple of weeks. You may need to consider that this company may not be an overnight success.”

Dunton held his position for a moment, that same poker face displayed in the ring in the last show.

“I understand your sentiment, Mike, but I don’t fail in anything I do. I will set goals... I'm sure you can understand.”

“I do...”

“This is why I wanted to talk to you today. I can appreciate what you said, and you’re right. We’re not going to break into the world market in the next year, 2 years, even 5 years. But I will... Set... Goals. First, as it concerns your future signings. I plan on leaving most signings to you, but there is some criteria I need you to follow. I’ve been speaking to some quite influential friends, and they’ve told me the basics we need to put on our shows without restricting us too much.”

This worried me, who had he been speaking to? But still, he was the owner and I had to hope that at some point he would put some of his own cash into running the place.

“Alright...”

“They have to have a good handle on the basics, have a positive reputation and be resilient. We can’t afford to be paying out for guys who will be injured come our next show. If they can’t perform the basics, they’re going to hurt people, if they have a bad reputation they’re going to cause fueds and if they aren’t resilient they’ll get hurt easily.”

Seemed fair enough, can’t say I’d disagree with anything he’d said there.

“That’s fine by me, although that will mean we need to let some of the graduates train a little longer than I had planned. We DID start this place for them.”

“We started these shows to improve our business. We needed to take a step. Secondly, we must gain in popularity. There is no point stagnating.”

“Understood...”

“And finally, I don’t care how other companies improve, we must improve more. We can’t drop our position...”

Didn’t seem all that difficult, we were rock bottom in the World...

“... Even if another company opens up, we need to move up a place in the rankings. We must be no lower than 37th in the World.”

Alright, that was a little more difficult.

“So... What do you have planned for me in our next show?”

The next hour or so went over storyline plans and the future of our new signings. My video had impressed, the contract had been signed and we had our first non-European star; one with pedigree. Going forward, we’re going to have to start to change things, I can’t wait to see how our next show turns out.

Runcorn Wrestling Alliance Presents... RWA Valentine’s Party.

Saturday 13th February 2010

Attendance – 7

MM: Welcome everyone to the RWA Valentine’s Day party, although this is the eve of love, I have a feeling no love will be lost tonight!

DH: Tonight, we continue the legacy we began just 3 weeks ago. Melling, you need to up your game.

Hall is cut off by the music of Keith Adam’s, beaten finalist last week in the RWA Rumble in Runcorn tournament. He climbs up the steps and picks up the mic.

KA: Last week, I was beaten... I can admit it, Pike outsmarted me. Hall was able to pay off Mr. Evilness to take me out first and then that big Russian arse, Bad News Bruno to take me out as well. I did my best; I was on the verge of victory when...

He turns and points at Dunton Hall...

KA: You got in my way... I won’t stand for that Dunton, and I want you to make things right tonight. I want a rematch, one on one, with Nigel Pike tonight.

Rating – E-

Before Hall can speak, Nigel Pike makes his way out to the ringside area and stands next to his boss at the announce table. Pike lifts the mix to his lips.

NP: Listen friend, you had yer chance last week. When you’re experienced in the ways of the world like I am, you start to learn that there are no second chances. Last week, you fell to the hands of the Gypsy Prince and there’s no way you’re gettin’ another chance. Listen, hard and listen good, I’m doing you a favour... You don’t need any of what you got last week.

Rating – E

Without an answer, Adam’s drops his mic and dives out of the ring. The RWA Heavyweight Champion begins to run and finds himself cut off from the exit by the ring and the man who wants to take his title. Without notice, from behind, Otto Hammerschmidt, Bad News Bruno and Pierre DuPont hit the ringside and beat Adam’s to the ground.

Rating F+

Pike stands over the fallen challenger.

NP: I toldja sonny Jim, you didn’t want any of what you got last week. Yet you still tried, ya still chanced your arm. I have a date tonight, a date with a lovely lady who I met on my travels so with the bosses permission I’m takin’ the night off. You? You ain’t that lucky... Tonight you, my friend, are taking on Bad News Bruno. Be careful what you wish for... You might just get something you didn’t want.

Rating – E-

Regular Singles Match

Glen Ward Vs Bali Daljit

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/GlenWard.jpgVs http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/BaliDaljit.jpg

In a match that brought the crowds mood down, Glen Ward defeated Bali Daljit in 9:35 by submission with a Judo Choke-Sleeper. The bout dragged in the middle, with a lack of flow being noticeable, but the announcing quality and colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Rating – E-

Post match, a video plays on the screen. The video replays last weeks tournament with Nigel Pike coming out on top. Bad News Bruno’s various attacks are shown with the final attack being on Keith Adams before he was beaten by Pike.

Rating – E

Regular Singles Match

Jase Cole Vs Greg Gauge

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/JaseCole.jpgVs http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/GregGauge.jpg

This match lowered the crowds mood but gained a boost from both announcing and colour commentary. A solid match with a non-existant crowd ended with Greg Gauge getting a victory over Jase Cole in just over 11 minutes by making his opponent tap with the Proton Lock.

Rating – D-

Post match, Greg Gauge takes a microphone from ringside and stands over his seemingly injured opponent.

GG: You people have just saw the beginning of a lecacy. I, Greg Gauge, son of the megastar that is Sam Keith, have just proven to each and every one of you that I am the real deal. You have seen tonight that I will surpass my father, I will surpass my brother and I will be the shining star of the Gauge/Keith family. No-one will stop my meteoric rise.

Rating – E

MM: Well, Greg Gauge looks like he’s got plans to be a megastar Mr. Hall.

DH: I see a lot of myself in him; with less money... And intelligence... And looks. In fact, he’s nothing like me.

Regular Singles Match

Keith Adams Vs Bad News Bruno

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/KeithAdams.jpgVs http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/BadNewsBruno.jpg

In a match heavily dominated by the much stronger and physically impressive Bad New Bruno, the big man was caught by a quick roll up that managed to surprise and anger the big man. The match was improved by the commentary, yet still brought the crowds mood down. Bruno is improving in performance skills.

Rating – E

Post match, Bruno manages to catch the beaten up Adam’s unaware and crush him in the corner. Heading to the outside, Bruno pulls a table from under the ring and set’s it up inside. Standing over his falling opponent, he’s dragged up and lifted into the air by the throat. Moment’s later, Adam’s is on his back in the remnants of a table following a huge Choke Bomb. Bruno leaves the ringside area, and his fallen opponent.

Rating – E+

Dunton Hall gets to his feet and lifts a mic to his lips.

DH: Keith, you need to start to realise that I have no intention of ever letting you have a shot at Nigel’s championship. He’s my pick, my chosen one. There is no way, and I mean no way I will see you holding the RWA Heavyweight Title. I’m willing to throw you a bone, next week I will give you a match against the RWA British Champion Otto Hammerschmidt for his championship. I will give you a chance to win gold here in RWA, it just will not be the gold you covet most.

Rating – E

Regular Singles Match

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/PierreDuPont_alt1.jpgVs http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/GordonLeve.jpg

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Pierre DuPont defeated Gordan Leve with a Flying Fist Drop. The match brought the crowds mood down but was lifted by the commentary.

Rating – E

On the screen in the... I want to say arena but I really can’t... A pretaped interview with Arthur T. Turtle is shown.

AT: Tonight, I have a match with the epitome of evil; Mr. Evilness. This man knows no fear, no panic, no worry and often no sense of fair play. He will do whatever it takes to make sure I’m left in heap at the end of our match. Tonight, I have a chance to challange Nigel Pike at the next RWA event for his Heavyweight Title. I will not let this opportunity pass me by, no way, no how.

Rating – E

MM: Interesting comments from Arthur Turtle there Mr. Hall. The question is, if he wins, will he get a shot against Nigel Pike if he wins.

DH: I fail to see why you would think you’re important enough to find out that information.

RWA British Title

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/OttoHammerschmidt.jpgVs http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/MartinHeath.jpg

In a match that had a distinctive lack of flow, Otto Hammerschmidt drew with Martin Heath and as a result retained his British Championship in a double count out. The match was extremely poor and brought the crowds mood down.

Rating – E-

MM: Well, with Otto Hammerschmidt taking on Keith Adam’s next week, who knows when Heath will get another chance.

DH: Next week he will take on Pierre DuPont, and the winner will get a shot at the British Title at the following show.

MM: Wow, great decision sir.

DH: I know, that’s why I made it.

Rating – F-

Main Event Singles Match

Arthur T. Turtle Vs Mr. Evilness

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/ArthurTTurtle.jpgVs http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/MrEvilness.jpg

The crowd(?!) were really hot for this match with Arthur T. Turtle getting the victory by disqualification when Dunton Hall once again gave the signal for Mr. Evilness to end the match by dubious means. On the verge of a victory, Evilness left the ring and got another chair. Returning to the ring he began the process of beating his opponent senseless. Standing over the lifeless Arthur T. Turtle, Mr. Evilness' eyes focus upon Dunton Hall sat at ringside, slowly applauding his actions. The match was helped by great chemistry between those involved and good commentary.

Rating – E+

Final Rating

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Ratings/grade_e.jpg

The show should have increased our popularity, but some of the angles did not reach the standards of the in ring action.

Welcome to the Myspace page of the Runcorn Wrestling Alliance

Live from the Grangeway Community Centre in Runcorn, on the 27th February 2010, the Runcorn Wrestling Alliance presents RWA February Fever!

Following on from his impressive showing last event, Bali Daljit has once again challanged Glen Ward to a match. In our opening contest, these 2 men will lock horns in an attempt to put themselves forward for a future title opportunity.

In another return match from our previous event, Jase Cole is looking to bounce back and stop Greg Gauge in his tracks. The 2nd generation superstar is continuing to try and cement his legacy in the business by cracking an area which his father has never wrestled, and in which his fathers boss once started.

After giving up his chance at RWA Heavyweight Gold last week to fulfil Dunton Hall's wishes, Mr. Evilness will have a chance to show his domination in a match against Gordon Leve. The youngster will have to bring everything in his locker to even walk out the building under his own volition.

Last week, Dunton Hall announced that Martin Heath would take on Pierre DuPont for a shot at the RWA British Championship held by Otto Hammerschmidt. Victory for either man would propel them into position to have an opportunity, and we're sure the Champion wont be the only man watching.

In a match for the aforementioned British Championship, the man who would be wanting the Heavyweight Title, Keith Adams, gets a shot against Otto Hammerschmidt. The German champion has been very vocal in his interest in turning the title into a European Championship to fit his heritage, so most will be hoping Adam's gains the victory!

The main event of the evening will see Arthur T. Turtle getting his shot earned last week in the somewhat tainted victory against Mr. Evilness. This week, his chance to win the gold will possibley be his final chance. Dunton Hall is intent on keeping the belt around the waist of Nigel Pike and the Gypsy Prince is not complaining. Hardly unable to defend alone, he is well versed in taking help wherever he can find it.

Quick Picks

Glen Ward Vs Bali Daljit

Jase Cole Vs Greg Gauge

Mr Evilness Vs Gordon Leve

Martin Heath Vs Piere DuPont

Otto Hammerschmidt© Vs Keith Adams

Nigel Pike© Vs Arthur T. Turtle

Glen Ward Vs Bali Daljit

Bali takes a win back here so that we can have a third match between these two

Jase Cole Vs Greg Gauge

I don´t know much about Cole so I will go with Gauge who is a great talent.

Mr.Evil takes a win here

Face win here so that we can have a usual heel vs. face for the title.

Normally I would pick Adams over Otto but Adams is too big for midcard title and Otto just got the belt so I go against my better judgement here and say that Otto will win via interference.

Pike isn´t losing his first title defence

Glen Ward Vs Bali Daljit

Series ties at 1-1 with the Daljit win.

Jase Cole Vs Greg Gauge

Both wrestlers are great talents, but I see the up and coming Gauge pick up the W with a very heelish move.

Upset.

I don't normally pick a twin unless he's in a tag match, Heath wins also to set up the classic title match.

Adams is just too good to lose a title, no matter what rank it may be.

I like Turtle a lot, but Pike just won the title...he needs to build up his reign.

I sat back in my seat behind the newly aquired desk I'd managed to liberate from a local business that was closing down, and watched the graduates putting on their own show just to amuse each other. I began to cook up ideas for some of them, ignoring the mistakes they were making. They were green, it would be a while before we could use any of them. I grinned to myself as I went back to writing out the next show in full from start to finish. This had been my tact from day one, get the show written out a week before we start and then email the script to those involved. Those who weren't recieved an apology and a note that they wont be used this show.

As I continued to write, the sound of a booming laugh that I'd gotten to know over the last 6 weeks. Dunton Hall strolled into the building closely followed by a young lady I vaugely recognised. He turned to her and apparantly gestured for her to wait. He strode over to me as I climbed to my feet and shook his hand.

"Dunton, I wasn't expecting you here today."

"I had a feeling I'd find you here, I wanted to speak to you."

"Alright?"

"I have a favour to ask, a friend of mine has a daughter who has been working on the independent scene for a few years but never really gotten a break. Her name is Bethany and she's an absolute sweet heart. I was wondering if we could find a place for her on our shows?"

Another worker? And one that wouldn't be wrestling? I'd turned away 2 highly experianced managers in order to cut costs and now he wanted me to hire some unknown girl... A very attractive unknown girl, but still; I didn't envisage her adding all that much to our shows.

"Dunton, listen, I know you run this place and you have final say..."

"I do, and I'm sure you'll find a role for her..."

"I just don't see how you think we could justifty spending money on a manager when our roster is so thin as it is..."

"Listen Mike, I know I put you in charge and I've told myself I wouldn't disappear, but listen carefully... This girl has what it takes to be huge, she has fantastic sex appeal. I mean look at her..."

This point, I conceeded, was hard to ignore. At the door, the number of young men crowding around her had continued to grow until the head trainer had no-one to train. She toyed with her hair and giggled playfully, wrapping each of them around her little finger.

"I told her you'd take her out this evening. She's moved to the area and needs some new friends. I understand it will be short notice for this coming show, but next week we would both appreciate it if you could find her a role."

"Dunton..."

"I don't want to pull rank here Mike, but if I have to I will..."

He obviously noticed my look of discontent.

"If it makes things easier, I'll pay her myself until you feel she's worth the investment. Listen, just humour an old man for a couple of months; and take her out for the night..."

Handing over a very fresh, obviously unused credit card, on the front was my name and underneath "Runcon Wrestling Alliance".

"... On me."

That glinting smile flashed towards me as he turned away before heading towards the staring Bethany once more. As he reached her, he whispered in her ear. Smiling, she breaks away from him, tapping him on the arm before she headed towards me. As I watched her, I noticed a strange feeling building up in my stomach...

"... Crap..."

As I sat at the table in my local Indian Restaurant, I saw the staring eyes of a number of the patrons. I hated this; known enough to be recognised, incognito enough to be forgotton. If I had 10 pairs of hands I still couldn't keep count on the amount of "Hey, how've you been?" and "Aren't you Paul's brother, Dale?" type moments I've had. Everton fans, Liverpool fans, Tranmere fans, England fans... All would have seen me perform momentarily, others more prominently. When they realised, they all left quickly, remembering how I ruined my own career.

The waiter approaches and once more asks if I wanted to order Poppadoms. I refused, feeling it more polite to wait. Suddenly, I noticed the eyes of the football fans who had watched me move. A number of women looked stern and unhappy, and a number of the husbands jumped from kicks under the table. Turning my head to the doorway, my chin almost hit the table. Bethany had arrived, and looked... Well put it this way, my heart hadn't raced like this since I found out Jack Daniels was on 2 for 1 sale.

"Hello, boss."

I smiled at her, she had a sense of humour; A good one too. She'd hung round the gym all afternoon before asking for a lift back to her new apartments. Nothing lavish, just a newly built block in Widnes. She was renting from Dunton who'd managed to procure a number of them for our longer standing workers; I'd appreciated the gesture, it had managed to cut down on the outgoings we had to pay for each month.

"Bethany; you look amazing..."

"I know, I never leave in an outfit that has less than 2 men walk into something on my way to the taxi."

I grinned as she took her seat, surprisingly, not opposite me, but next to me in the booth. She pressed up close and put her handbag on the seat next to us.

"So, what do you want to drink?"

"I assume they have Kingfisher."

My type of girl, the well known Indian larger was a must in any good establishment. I called the waiter over and ordered 2, alongside 3 poppadoms and a pickle tray.

"So, what do you have planned for my tour of the area?"

"I figured after we eat we could head out to a few bars. If we head into Liverpool I'm sure a few of the guys I used to play with would get us into the bars they frequent."

I test the water with what I knew sounded like a joke, but was riddled with interest.

"Maybe you'll find yourself a rich football player..."

"I've never been the Wag type, Mike, I'm more interested in the simple life."

I look her up and down and smile...

"It appears so..."

My sarcasm apparantly didn't miss it's target as she pouted playfully at me.

"Point taken; but you can't tell me it's a bad thing that I like clothes that make my arse look good..."

Not just your arse...

"Anyway, enough flirtation Mr. Melling, I want to enjoy my beer... And here how many strings Dunton had to pull to make you hire me."

She smiled knowingly, as if she'd been told I had reservations... Yet still she was interested? Hmmm... This could be an evening to remember...

Runcorn Wrestling Alliance Presents... RWA February Fever.

Saturday 27th February 2010

Attendance – 7

MM: Hello again to another action packed RWA show and we’re all feeling the February Fever. I’m Mike Melling and in the ring...

DH: Alright, enough of your drivel you worthless pile of cow dung. I’m getting fed up, sick to the back teeth of people who work for me walking around like they own this company. Everyone in the back needs to understand, I, Dunton Hall, am the only man who has the intelligence and prestigious verbal skill to have a say on how this company is going to be run. Last week, I announced I would give Keith Adam’s his opportunity for gold, and I’ve heard nothing but whining and complaining. Keith Adam’s, get your ungrateful, worthless arse out here... If you value your job, you will be out here quickly.

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/KeithAdams.jpg

The 7 fans in attendance all raise a round of applause for Keith Adams as he enters the arena. The grin on his face quite clearly based on Hall’s unprotected state. He moves to the ring and reaches up to pull himself into the ring, however, as he does...

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/OttoHammerschmidt.jpghttp://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/PierreDuPont_alt1.jpg

Otto Hammerschmidt and Pierre DuPont appear as if from no-where preventing Adam’s from getting into the ring. They take turns laying boots and knees on their fallen victim. Finally, after a vicious chair-shot from his opponent later in the evening, Adam’s is rolled into the ring where Dunton Hall lowers down to one knee.

DH: I warned you not to cause my problems you worthless piece of rubbish. You need to understand your place, you’re the layer of scum on the bottom of my £300 custom made Armani shoes. Listen to me, and listen good. If you know what’s good for you, you will stop this pointless crusade. You will never, ever win the RWA Heavyweight Championship.

Getting back to his feet, Hall leaves the ring and takes his place at ringside.

MM: Well, that was an interesting start to the show.

DH: Of course it was, it involved me.

Rating – F+

Regular Singles Match

Glen Ward Vs Bali Daljit

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/GlenWard.jpgVs http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/BaliDaljit.jpg

The opening match of the evening tried to live up to the build of the opening segments but failed. Glen Ward seemed off his game, as if unhappy to be opening the show. The match brought the crowd’s mood down as it seemed to drift. Glen Ward defeated Bali Daljit in 7:11 by submission with a Judo Choke-Sleeper.

Rating – E-

Post match, Glen Ward calls for a microphone. Standing over his fallen opponent he glares at the fans.

GW: You people came here tonight to see a show, to see a wrestling master class. Guess what? You’ve just seen it... You can expect the rest of the show to be downhill from here, because the Saturday Night Highlight has come and gone. Just like that, I could have snapped his arm, pulled his shoulder out of the socket. There isn’t a man on this roster – strike that – in this business that could lace my boots. I’m offering an open challenge, anyone, to come out here next week and try and take me out. Who’s it going to be? Anyone... I don’t care who you a...

Rating – E+

Ward is cut off by a low rumbling and a burst into life of the music of...

Bad News Bruno. The big man strides into the arena much to the displeasure of Glen Ward and the surprised cheering of the fans. Bruno climbs into the ring and eyes Ward for a moment. Daljit climbs to his feet slowly as Bruno turns within a moment. Bruno appears to snap and advances on Daljit and snaps a hand around his neck. Lifting him high into the air he hits a huge Choke Bomb to the outside of the ring.

Rating – E-

Regular Singles Match

Greg Gauge Vs Jase Cole

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/GregGauge.jpgVs http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/JaseCole.jpg

In a strong contest that had solid in ring action, Greg Gauge was able to defeat Jase Cole with a Proton Lock. Gauge dominated most parts of the match with his technical prowess, but Cole still came close near the end. Finally, Gauge’s technical skills were enough to see off Cole’s challange.

Rating – D-

Post match, Greg Gauge takes a microphone from the ring announcer and grins at the crowd.

GG: My father called me this week, he told me he heard what I said at our last show... That’s right, because of me this piss poor excuse of a promotion has been seen by the great Sam Keith. You know what he said? He said that apart from me there wasn’t a single worthwhile thing to watch. Guess what, I disagree.

The crowd pop slightly at Gauge’s comments.

GG: Honestly? My good looks, amazing skill and unbelievable pedigree can’t even put a shine on this crappy company. As much as I try, I swear, I can’t polish a turd. All I can do is try my hardest to drag you hicks into the 21st century.

Dropping the mic, Gauge leaves the ring.

MM: Big words from Greg Gauge.

DH: A little too big, I think we need to take him down a peg or two...

Rating - E

Regular Singles Match

Mr. Evilness Vs Gordon Leve

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/MrEvilness.jpgVs http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/GordonLeve.jpg

In an extremely short match, Mr. Evilness managed to dominate and destroy Gordon Leve. The match was of very poor quality. Leve didn’t get so much as a punch in before being left laying in the middle of the ring.

Rating – E-

Post match, Mr. Evilness turned to Dunton Hall again who, for the 3rd show in a row, gestured with a thumbs down. From the outside, Evilness drags a table into the ring and sets it up. Evilness then hits a huge powerbomb, smashing Gordon Leve straight through it!

Rating – E

Regular Singles Match

Pierre DuPont Vs Martin Heath

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/PierreDuPont_alt1.jpgVshttp://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/MartinHeath.jpg

In a very balanced match both Pierre DuPont and Martin Heath had opportunities to get the victory. It was, however, after almost 10 minutes that Heath seemed to set up for victory. It was at this point, however, that the match was interrupted by the debut of...

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/JacquesDuPont_alt1.jpg

... Jacque DuPont! The twin brother of Pierre DuPont. Jacque jumps onto the apron and distracts Heath who stands in front of the twin looking confused. Pierre makes his attack, only to find Heath diving out of the way! The DuPont brothers clash heads and Heath hits a quick roll up for the 3. Despite the lack of flow, the match was quite well received by the crowd.

Rating – E-

As Heath celebrates, he’s caught offgaurd by the DuPont brothers who beat him down into the mat. Within a matter of minutes, Heath is out cold and the Frenchman stand over his fallen body, soaking up the boos.

Rating – F

RWA British Title Match

Keith Adams Vs Otto Hammerschmidt©

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/KeithAdams.jpgVshttp://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/OttoHammerschmidt.jpg

This good contest between 2 talented workers went a long way to prove why faith has been put in them as some of the bigger names in RWA. The match went back and forth for long periods with both men getting the near fall. The opponents showed great chemistry in the ring which helped the performance. As such, Keith Adam’s quality shone through in the end as he edged closer for a victory. On the verge of a title win, Adam’s was cut down by the interference of...

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/NigelSvensson.jpg

Nigel Pike! The referee had no choice but to throw the match out and award the victory to Keith Adam’s by DQ. Otto Hammerschmidt retains his championship.

Rating – D-

As Hammerschmidt throws Adam’s to the outside, Keith Pike takes a microphone.

KP: Lookatcha, ya pathetic. You think you’re gunna take this belt off me? I don’t think so sunshine. You’ll need to wake up damned early in the morning just to think about fighting me again. You think tonight’s match was difficult? Wait till next week... I’m sure you’ll be interested. Here’s the deal, I need you outta my hair and I need you out of my hair for good. Next show, you run the gauntlet. If you beat both Jacque and Pierre DuPont in separate singles matches and then a handicap match, then I’ll fight you on the following show. One on one, no interference, no nothin’. Just you me and this belt. You think you got what it takes? Next week you’ll see you don’t... Pickin’ a fight with me, you’ve bitten off more than you could ever digest pal... Now bring out my next victim.

Rating – E-

Waiting in the wings, clearly waiting for his opportunity is Arthur T. Turtle.

RWA Heavyweight Title Match

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Titles/RWA/Generic_WorldHeavy06.jpg

Arthur T. Turtle Vs Nigel Pike©

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/ArthurTTurtle.jpgVshttp://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Superstars/RWA/NigelSvensson.jpg

The main event of the evening saw Arthur T. Turtle gaining his first one on one opportunity for the RWA Heavyweight Title. The match was slow to build up with neither man willing to make a mistake, it was, however, Turtle that came closest to gaining victory. Pike was able to slip out of the ring and take a breather before Turtle gained chase. At ringside, Dunton Hall distracted the challenger for a split second allowing the Champion to capatalise with a sneak attack. Finally, the champion’s cheating came to fruition as an exposed turnbuckle came into connection with Turtle’s shoulder. The finish was academic as Pike slapped on the Hyper Extension Arm Lock forcing Turtle to tap. The match had a good crowd and decent in ring action from the start.

Rating – D-

Post match, Turtle managed to slowly get to his feet and continue to challange Pike who looked a strange mix of afraid and amused. As Turtle beckoned for the match to start again, the lights went out. Upon their return, Mr. Evilness is stood behind man who last week he beat down with a chair. Turtle turns around to be met with a clothesline as both Pike and Evilness begin a very considered decimation of their fallen advisory. Just as the 2 men looked ready to finish off Turtle, the crowd pop for the appearance of Keith Adams with a steel chair looking war-worn. As Evilness and Pike slip out of the ring, Pike extends his hand to the masked man who takes one look at it, grins, and walks away. To close out the show, Nigel Pike holds his Heavyweight Title aloft with Turtle and Adam’s both looking on angry.

Rating – E-

Final Rating

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx161/mikemelling/Ratings/grade_eplus.jpg

The feeling is that the angles did not match the quality of the matches, however, the show should have increased our popularity.

Archived