So, it has been a year...what's next?

Guest SheperdShepard
Does this game have a fighter creator or a way to create your own fighters?

I would like to have the option of turning off strikes and submissions so I can just do wrestling matches. Punching your opponent in the face and trying to choke him isn't fighting to me. :)

It would be great to have another WMMA game. I honestly play WMMA 2 more than any other game. I've been getting into TEW a little bit, but besides lucha libre, wrestling just doesn't seem to be my thing.

I would like to have the option of turning off strikes and submissions so I can just do wrestling matches. Punching your opponent in the face and trying to choke him isn't fighting to me. :)

It certainly isn't tickling is it. Out of interest, what DO you call punching and choking each other?

It is like saying wrestling isn't fighting it is extreme hugging.

(not having a go or anything, just curious)

Kickboxing promotions would legit be a cool thing, especially with cross over stars.

My problem then, though, is that you couldn't really have black belt strikers in MMA. Guys who I'd conceivable give black belt level striking in some aspects like Machida, Anderson, BJ or Alves (leg kicks!) would always lose in a K-1 fight against some of the super high level K-1 guys like Petrosyan or Schilt. So unless K-1 guys get some special stats it could lead to some wacky things as an MMA guy crosses over to kickboxing and wrecks their top guys.

So you know, either you don't have MMA guys with black belts in striking disciplines (at least not as many as a top level kickboxer) or there needs to be some rules in place to prevent them from destroying kickboxers just because they're good strikers within the confines of MMA.

I mean, guys like Jorgensen, Florian and Sotiropolousazsad won their last fights against good opponents simply because they could jab. That's the level of MMA striking today.

e: Just to preempt the Overeem comparison, while he's done very well in K-1 I wouldn't call him a top level guy. He knocked out a notoriously chinny Hari and should have gone extra rounds against Bonjasky if it wasn't for the ref calling his knockdown a slip. He still lost the rematch with Hari and his biggest advantage lies in being really, really strong rather than any genuine amazing kickboxing talent. He wouldn't beat Schilt.

That said I think he's a great example of a successful crossover star and exactly the sort of guy I'd want kickboxing promotions in the game for.

e2: Actually what would be really great is if you could run a kickboxing wing in your own company, sort of like how K-1 used to run MMA events except the opposite.

Archived