So I am playing a game with NOTBPW and I just got done with a show. The main event was a triple threat match for the NOTBPW Canadian Championship between the champion Steve DeColt, Jeremy Stone and Sean McFly. The match got an A rating and when I looked on the dirt sheet it said that the match was penalized for being horribly placed on the show. My question is why was it penalized and if it truly was a bad move to have it as the main event where should it have been because i felt that if it would have opened the show it might have not of got the rating that it did being the main event.

<p>Ugh.. run-off paragraph... in any case...</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Perfect Show Theory:</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

1st Match: 3rd Best Match</p><p>

2nd Match: Worst Match</p><p>

... (filler)</p><p>

3rd to Last Match: 2nd to Worst match</p><p>

2nd to Last Match: 2nd Best Match</p><p>

Last Match: Best Match</p><p> </p><p>

That's just for matches, though... which is mostly what NOTBPW is. If it's for more angle-friendly promotion, this formula can be tinkered more with (opening angle, ending angle... having angles instead of matches as a way to lower or boost heat...)</p><p> </p><p>

I can go into more detail, but i think those are the most important steps. You can't have your worst match before the semi-main event in most cases, because that lower the heat a bit too much (I know this from experience), but it's important to lower it enough, because you don't want the semi-main event to eclipse your main event. If you semi-main event is actually better than your main event, that in-it-self could lower the grade for the main event even further. </p><p> </p><p>

<em>AND</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Grade Weight: </span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

10% Everything else</p><p>

20% Semi-Main Event</p><p>

70% Main Event</p><p> </p><p>

The problem may have been that match might have worked better as semi-main, or even, main event.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, as a side-note, I think how long each segment is affects the ratings a bit.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27897" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Doesn't the "horrible placement" note happen when you choose "work the crowd" when the crowd is already hot?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I got "... the crowd was already hot so booking a match to make the crowd hot fell flat" (not the exact words I think) in the few cases when I switched matches from pre- to post match and forgot to turn work the crowd off. I never got "horrible placement" for that though.</p>

<p>If I remember right as I just booked the match in question last night the road agent notes were as follows.</p><p> </p><p>

Call in Ring</p><p>

Victor</p><p>

Open Match</p><p>

Work The Crowd</p><p> </p><p>

Not sure if there is a conflict there but if so I would like to know so that I don't do it in the future.</p>

I've never gotten that note before and I've never worked the crowd in a main event so I'd agree that's probably the trigger. Was it the best match of the night? If so, and since it was for the title, I can't imagine the game actually penalized you for making it the main event. Instead it was penalizing you for treating the main event like an undercard match.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TakerNGN74" data-cite="TakerNGN74" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27897" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I remember right as I just booked the match in question last night the road agent notes were as follows.<p> </p><p> Call in Ring</p><p> Victor</p><p> Open Match</p><p> Work The Crowd</p><p> </p><p> Not sure if there is a conflict there but if so I would like to know so that I don't do it in the future.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Your first three options are fine. Call in ring, good if they've got psychology skills, victor, naturally, open match.. yep, no problems. Work the crowd however... basically you're saying you don't want to burn the crowd out, but you want to get them lifted for what's coming after.</p><p> </p><p> I very rarely use work the crowd. I only usually use it if I don't have anything booked in the pre-show, I'm not opening with an angle, but instead I'm using a match straight up to the open the show. The crowd needs to be energised for the rest of the night, so you want to get them going, but you don't want to exhaust them (which you would kinda do with all out for example).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TakerNGN74" data-cite="TakerNGN74" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27897" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I remember right as I just booked the match in question last night the road agent notes were as follows.<p> </p><p> Call in Ring</p><p> Victor</p><p> Open Match</p><p> Work The Crowd</p><p> </p><p> Not sure if there is a conflict there but if so I would like to know so that I don't do it in the future.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Never, ever, ever, EVER use 'work the crowd' on a main event. Ever. Unless you're planning for your (useless) post show match to blow the doors off (not like it would even matter), your main event should never be given this note. That would definitely be a case of 'horrible placement'. In fact, with those workers, I wouldn't even put any notes outside of Victor. You don't have to tell them how to put on a great match. They've been doing it longer than you've been booking. I'm not 100% on Steve (he's quite a bit behind Junior, Jezza, and Sean overall skill wise) but Sean and Jeremy have been, for sure. Tell them who's going over and maybe (MAYBE) how (pinfall, submission, etc), otherwise, get out of their way.</p>

Archived