Madden 2011

GatorBait19

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-gus-madden-nfl/100407#comments_top

I know we are still a little bit off, but I found this video and one thing Ian and the boys have worked hard on is trying to make you feel like you are at the game

I understand this video is pre-alpha but I have two things to say

1) THANK GAWD the other guy isn't the second announcer cuz GAWD he was lame

2) Gus is a lot better than Hammond, but YELLING at certain points seems like it could get a annoying, also the fact that at times he seemed to get excited to just get you excited for nothing.

Once I know it pre-alpha...... even though Ted Ginn Jr. is playing for the 9ers and you would think that at the point of his trade they would be a little further than pre-Alpha (Ginn was traded a month ago, the video was released today, the game is just 3 months away) but so far I am not impressed with Maddon

One of their highlight features this year is something that was added in last years game, I do like the simpler plays because it works off a game plan (I hope, watch it be 3 and 6 and they call for a sweep left). If Gus was brought in to just yell and scream then I rather listen to Maddon make you feel like an idiot.

Also what concerns me is there has been no talk of Franchise mode. The main reason I buy this game is for that mode and each year it gets worse. Last years attempt at Online Franchise was a joke

I guess it might be another bad year for Franchise mode:(

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-gus-madden-nfl/100407#comments_top

I know we are still a little bit off, but I found this video and one thing Ian and the boys have worked hard on is trying to make you feel like you are at the game

I understand this video is pre-alpha but I have two things to say

1) THANK GAWD the other guy isn't the second announcer cuz GAWD he was lame

2) Gus is a lot better than Hammond, but YELLING at certain points seems like it could get a annoying, also the fact that at times he seemed to get excited to just get you excited for nothing.

Once I know it pre-alpha...... even though Ted Ginn Jr. is playing for the 9ers and you would think that at the point of his trade they would be a little further than pre-Alpha (Ginn was traded a month ago, the video was released today, the game is just 3 months away) but so far I am not impressed with Maddon

One of their highlight features this year is something that was added in last years game, I do like the simpler plays because it works off a game plan (I hope, watch it be 3 and 6 and they call for a sweep left). If Gus was brought in to just yell and scream then I rather listen to Maddon make you feel like an idiot.

Also what concerns me is there has been no talk of Franchise mode. The main reason I buy this game is for that mode and each year it gets worse. Last years attempt at Online Franchise was a joke

I guess it might be another bad year for Franchise mode:(

I loved the game around I think it was Madden 04 (could have been 02 or 03), to me that was when the Franchise mode was at its best. I loved the stupid little radio show it had in it and what not. However, once it went to next gen I have not been a fan of the game.

I loved the game around I think it was Madden 04 (could have been 02 or 03), to me that was when the Franchise mode was at its best. I loved the stupid little radio show it had in it and what not. However, once it went to next gen I have not been a fan of the game.

lol it was 05, and that was probably the best one. It just amazes me that they haven't found success with franchise mode yet. There are just so many different options that could do for it.

I was talking to someone about Madden 2010 today and he mentioned that while NFL head coach was a flawed and at times boring game, the franchise mode was far better. How you really bid for a player instead of this just give him a 7 year deal on day one and it's done. He also joked around about how Ian has done a great job improving game play but that he seems to forget that not everyone wants to play online and stuff like Madden Tester and other pointless game modes just don't do anything for the game

lol it was 05, and that was probably the best one. It just amazes me that they haven't found success with franchise mode yet. There are just so many different options that could do for it.

I was talking to someone about Madden 2010 today and he mentioned that while NFL head coach was a flawed and at times boring game, the franchise mode was far better. How you really bid for a player instead of this just give him a 7 year deal on day one and it's done. He also joked around about how Ian has done a great job improving game play but that he seems to forget that not everyone wants to play online and stuff like Madden Tester and other pointless game modes just don't do anything for the game

If Head Coach had a better AI it would have been my favorite game ever. It was just too stupid and made for a really boring game. Heck, I have Madden '08 on my PC (use it with a 360 controller) and playing "coach mode" on there allows you to pick plays while the CPU runs them in Franchise mode. The AI on that game is smarter than the AI in Head Coach. Franchise mode in Madden needs to take bits and pieces from that game to make it better.

If Head Coach had a better AI it would have been my favorite game ever. It was just too stupid and made for a really boring game. Heck, I have Madden '08 on my PC (use it with a 360 controller) and playing "coach mode" on there allows you to pick plays while the CPU runs them in Franchise mode. The AI on that game is smarter than the AI in Head Coach. Franchise mode in Madden needs to take bits and pieces from that game to make it better.

my favorite was running a draw and the running back would run a sweep and just keep going left never turning up field

I totally agree about franchise mode. Honestly, the game doesn't even interest me anymore, with almost no improvements whatsoever to franchise mode the last five years. Even the most basic flaws stand uncorrected year after year.

I totally agree about franchise mode. Honestly, the game doesn't even interest me anymore, with almost no improvements whatsoever to franchise mode the last five years. Even the most basic flaws stand uncorrected year after year.

here are my biggest issues

1) Get rid of potential. I hate being told that player A will be great or player B wont be great. I had a QB who was only rated to be a B but he won 8 MVP and 10 SB. not only that but sometimes you can change a guys position he's an A and when you change him back he still an A, even though before at the position he was a B

2) Give me something to do during the season. Right now you just play your game and that is it.

3) pretty much scouting is dumb, you scout it tells you top players and you pick them, they are A's and you become a winner, I played with the Steelers one time and I had 53 men on my roster who all had A potential and I was 90 million under the salary cap

4) Offseason is to easy, first day of free agent signing, give your guy 7 years and the money it takes for him to consider and he'll sign the next day, give a guy 1 year at 16 and he'll sign next day

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/06/11/madden-11-does-little-to-improve-franchise-and-online-franchise-modes

Looks like we were right about them not doing anything big to Franchise mode. They did say that it needed work though but they were unable to get to it this year:confused:. I guess even one of the top gaming developers doesn't have enough developers to help rebuild something that has been lacking since the transfer to next gen.

• 1 month later...
So all the reports I have read state that the announce team is horrible this year. with nothing really being fixed and them just focusing on gameplay and graphics again i think for the first time since madden 01 I will pass over this years copy.

The thing that I don't understand is how EA Sports has the nerve to add owner mode to the Wii version and not even try to improve the PS3 and Xbox360 versions franchise mode. According to one of the developers they said that they didn't have enough time to improve the franchise mode for PS3 and Xbox360. They also said that next year's version is supposed to be "the year of the franchise".

I hope the NFL exclusive license expires soon or there is some change that allows 2k sports to make an NFL game. I'm tired of EA's lies and I will pass on this year's version Madden.

It was the NFL that wanted a single developer, as it is easier to control the image that way. Since I've transitioned to only sports games (except for LBP & both Uncharteds) I' will be picking this up. And considering it will have Ultimate Team out of the box, it should be fun.

Liquid, I keep hearing that to. My thing is though that NCAA seems to improve on everything each year while Madden keeps focus on just gameplay. I understand gameplay is important, but at 60 dollars each year you might wanna fix more then just gameplay. I personally don't like Ian Cummings and how he works with the game. He has had Madden since the transfer to next gen and it's been really lackluster.

Even if the series is getting better it worries me because by the time the reach (I believe it was Madden 04) status, then we will be switching to another next gen consule and the cycle will start all over again.

Archived