ECW: The Protege

(A couple of things before I start this diary. #1. Its been a while since I posted a diary on GDS. The last few times have not been well recieved. And that's fine. I just want to try to cure the "writing" bug and start writing a diary again based off my favorite promotion. #2. This is NOT REAL. I know this. However I will try to make it as realistic as possible. And #3. I dont mind the occassional "negative" comment, but at least state your reason WHY you feel the way you do. Tell me how I can improve in the diary. Thank you in advance and enjoy.

-Ghost)

ECW: The Protege

PROLOGUE: Its February 2008, and in an "alternate reality" the Chris Benoit tragedy sent more shockwaves through the wrestling industry and no one expected the outcome to be what it became. WWE was hit the hardest with drug scandal that rival the 1980's and the backlash didnt just affect them financially, but also publically as well. The once might "giant" of the wrestling industry had fallen on truly tough times. So tough, that they had to sell all the rights of the previous promotions they had "conquered", given a second chance to defeat the mighty wrestling kingpin, Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Everyone took advantage of WWE's misfortune. Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan bought back the rights and re-opened WWE's final victim of the Monday Night War, World Championship Wrestling. Jeff Jerrett and Dixie Carter of TNA took advantage and started to "snatch up" most of WWE's talent, weather they were realeased, or not. TNA wasnt the only ones doing this. Cary Silkin and Gabe Sapolsky of Ring of Honor not only took advantage of all of WWE's released talent, they came into the number 1 spot formerly held by the McMahon empire.

There was only one part of the story who is left out, is Paul Heyman. Granted, Heyman was happy that he got his life work back from the clutches of WWE, but he was at the same time unhappy. He missed the excitement of booking for the fans and telling a story without "insulting" the audience, yet there was another reason he was angry. He was upset about the current state of the wrestling business. He felt it being prostituted, with all of his storylines and ideas being stolen and being repackaged as an "orginal" story. He also was infuriated at Eric Bishoff, having the last laugh at not only McMahon, but at Heyman. He was also upset at McMahon, who he thought would save ECW, only to make it a gross perversion of what it ever was.

He would get everything back, the videos, the rights, the likeness, the name. Question was, what was he going to do with it? Could he get revenge on those who at one point DID destroy him? It would take a chance meeting in Georgia, to tell the story of how Heyman got ECW back to the path of success, like the days of old.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Next Episode: Chapter 1: "Chance Encounter"

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 1: "Chance Encounter"

Chapter 1: Chance Encounter

To satisfy Heyman's curiousity, he took a little trip down to Atlanta, Ga. Heyman knew his nemisis, Eric Bischoff pretty well. You see Bischoff was a creature of habit. There is an old saying that applies to him "Insanity is doing the same thing twice, expecting a different result". That was Bischoff. After running WCW to the ground with Backstage Politics, storylines that no one liked nor cared about, and booking that was insulting to ANY wrestling fan, Heyman wanted to know if Bischoff had changed with the "second chance" he was granted. Bischoff didnt disappoint. Immeadiately he signed Horace (Hulk Hogan's nephew), Paul Wight (aka "Big Show), Booker T, and Ed Leslie (aka Brutus "the Barber" Beefcake). Out of all those signings Wight and Booker were the ONLY ones that made sense. Heyman figured that if he was to "re-enter" the Wrestling Wars, at least he would know what type of enemy he was up against.

After doing a "recon" of WCW, Heyman figured he would watch a local wrestling promotion, and reminiece when wrestling was at it "purest". If there ever was such a thing. He went to an unknown promotion called "GSW" or "Georgia State Wrestling", and he figured it wasnt a bad show, and he started to think about little thing he would have done if he was booking the show. All in all it was a 3 out of 5 star match. Heyman was incognito in the crowd and he slowly was getting into it, not as a fan, but as a "analyst". The match that caught his attention was a Triple Threat Main Event for the "title", consisting of 2 faces and one heel.

What stood out to Heyman observing was the Heel, playing to the crowd. Actually telling a STORY in the ring. The finish came when the Heel won by holding the tights of one of the faces. A few things stood out in Heyman's mind while observing the match. #1. The referee was in full view of the tights being pulled, yet the count was being made. #2. The Heel was clearly upset with the outcome of the match, despite winning the title, and #3. At a Main Event, Heyman would have made the decision decisive. So there is a sense of "finality".

After the show, Heyman went back stage (not telling who he was), and wanted to talk to the heel. It didnt take long before he found the "heel" and the booker. They were arguing over the match, but the heel was arguing becuase he was saying that he should have LOST the match, not WON it. He wanted to put the guy over, so on the next show, the heel could have build more heat on this particular storyline. The booker in Heyman's eyes didnt have a clue. The booker gave him an ultimatum right then and there, and the "heel" gave the booker the title and walked off. He didnt even stick around for his check. Heyman really wanted to talk to this guy and find out what he was about, for he had a very vast knowledge of the wrestling business.

Heyman: "Hey, you put on a great show tonight. Can I talk to you for a minute?

Clearly the heel is upset, because at first he doesnt even REALIZE it's Paul Heyman, however he still respectful.

"Heel": "Hey sir, I am sorry, you need me to sign something? Who do I make this out to?"

Heyman: "I dont want you to make this out to anyone. I want a moment of your time. You put on a great match tonight. Why were you upset, when you just won the title?"

"Heel": The fans aint stupid. I mean the saw the ref look at me when I held the tights! I mean STEVIE WONDER could have saw it!

Heyman: "They could have made it where the ref was corrupt as a storyline"

"Heel": Maybe, but they should have had one of the "faces" win it, therefore, I beat one or both up, and I get some heel heat, and they could have possibly booked a rematch. I mean I won the title, BIG DEAL! I mean that "clown", I swear to GOD he read "Booking for Dummies" or something. Anyway..why all the questions?

Heyman: I am shocked you didnt realize it, but let me introduce myself. I am Paul Heyman. And you are?

All of a sudden the "heel" is star struck, as he just realize he is talking to the "Father of Extreme".

Heel: "The name is Logan Anthony"

Heyman: "I think you and I should have a talk. You have alot of knowledge, and I might be able to utilize your talents"

TO BE CONTINUED

Chapter 2: "Business at Hand"

• 2 weeks later...

Scenario: Both Paul Heyman and Logan Anthony are both at a "bar and grill" type of resturant having a "Healthy Debate" on pressing matters.

Logan: "Arn Anderson"

Heyman: "Are you serious? Arn Anderson is the most underated wrestler?"

Logan: " Yeah, without Arm, Ric Flair wouldnt have had as many titles as he did. In fact he was the BACKBONE of the 4 Horseman, where Flair was the "Mouthpiece". Who do you think the most underated wrestler is in your opinion?

Heyman: "I honestly think that either Curt Hennig or Rick Rude. Those guys were oozing with charisma and they could make the crowd HATE them. Especially Rude, back in the day with his fued with Jake 'The Snake" Roberts."

Logan: "Thats actually a good point. So Paul, I have a question. Are you gonna reopen ECW?"

Heyman: "I honestly dont know. I mean I kinda wanna do it, but a part of me doesnt."

At this point, both men are slightly drunk and then Heyman comes out with the question that has been bugging him all night.

Heyman: "Logan, I have a question for you. Why are you so interested in ECW reopening?"

Logan: "Well, I am kind of ashamed to say this, but I was kinda hoping that you would take me on as your first 'employee' or protege if you will. I mean you single handedly took the business that Tod Gordon and took it and made it a legend. I mean I even wanted to go so far and become your "Partner".

At this point, Heyman think Logan is drunk, so he decides to play along with him.

Heyman: "Hahaha... Ok kid, I tell ya what, you come up with 3 million dollars and I will give you 30% of the company, how does that sound?"

Logan: "I will do you one better, what if I give you 5 Million, and I become your partner, 50/50?"

Heyman: "Yeah, sure...whatever!!! You really need to lay off those drinks, I mean for a minute there it sounded like you REALLY wanted to buy it if you had the money!"

Logan looks at his watch and switches to a serious tone.

Logan: "When are you leaving Atlanta and what time is your flight?"

Heyman: "I leave tommorow and my flight's at 1245 going back to Philly."

Logan: "I will see you there"

As Logan gets up he pulls a Hundred dollar bill out of his pocket, paying for his and Paul's meal, drinks and the tip for the waitress. The next morning, as Heyman goes to the Atlanta International Airport, he sees Logan Anthony already waiting for him.

Logan: "Hey Paul, I hope a Cashier's Check is ok for you."

Logan hands him a envelope and when Heyman goes to open it he sees that its exactly for 5 Million Dollars. Heyman is surprised and shocked.

Heyman: "Where did you get all this money?"

Logan: "In due time, 'Partner'. Now are you serious about this or not? Because clearly you see that I am."

Heyman: "I guess. I mean you came up with the money, even though I CLEARLY thought you were drunk out of your mind."

Logan: "Two things I dont play around with. One is Wrestling, and the other is business. So I guess the deal is concluded? I will contact my lawyers when we touch down in Philly."

Heyman: "Lawyers? We? Who are you exactly?"

Logan: "Like I said Paul, all in due time. We better hurry, we are going to miss our flight, hope you enjoy Business class. So you better enjoy yourself. Because we have a WAR to PLAN."

To Be Continued

Chapter 3: "Battle Lines"

Only advice I could give (and I suck!) is I would maybe like to see more - I mean not be completely told the story then have the conversation after.

Perhaps have some confidence in your dialogue/immediate story and don't feel the need to summarize so much of it. I enjoy the general concept.

But yes, don't listen to me too much ... So long as you keep writing and reading I think you pick stuff up here and there. :)

Q and A time.

Hey,

Thanks for the imput. this is the EXACT effect I wanted. and to answer your questions here ya go..

For Juggalo: I am playing the Death of the WWE mod. After the Benoit scandal, WWE was suffering badly, and according to the Mod (Not my own doing), Heyman sold a screenplay to Hollywood and got some money from it. Not alot, but not enough to re-open ECW, but just enough to buy back the rights.

And for Pinke,

I summarize things just to "lead the reader along". I know it seems like I am "longwinded" but when the "True story" begins, you will enjoy the lead up of how it got there. I wanna try and do something "different" with diaries. I am kinda having the "24" series affect, where its kinda a "cliffhanger' and its like...WHAT HAPPENS NEXT type deal.

I am glad yall are enjoying. You guys keep reading, and I will DEFINATELY keep writing. (It aint like I have anything BETTER TO DO in Iraq ;)

GHOST

Chapter 3: "Battle Lines"

"Chapter 3: Battle Lines"

During the flight from Atlanta to Philidelphia, Paul Heyman was interested on his new found partner was. But even more, he was impressed about his knowledge. Not just for the Wrestling Business, but for business himself. Logan Anthony lived up to his demeanor as being a "businessman".

Logan hangs up the airline phone, and continues to conduct business with Paul.

Logan: "Ok Paul, I just got off the phone with my lawyers. They are drawing up the paperwork and it will be done as soon as we touchdown in Philidelphia. First things first. Do you have any friends or anyone who is remotely loyal to you from the "old ECW"?"

Paul: "Well I know Rob (Van Dam) will more than likely want to come back. I mean hes not working for anyone, not WWE, nor TNA."

Logan: "What his chances of going to WCW?"

Paul: "Lets just say I have a better chance of dying of ANOREXIA."

Logan: "HAHAHAHAHAHA, thats a good one. So RVD's in?"

Paul: " I will say about 90% chance"

Logan: "Ok Who else? "

Paul: "Well I know Tommy (Dreamer) will be on board. I mean hes the very DEFINITION of ECW."

Logan: "Ok so he's in. Who else you got? What about Joey Styles?"

Paul: "I think he wants to take a break from the business for a while. After WWE got hit with the Benoit Scandal, people been getting laid off left and right. Joey wasnt exempt from this."

Logan: "Well keep in touch with him, but right now we gotta move on without him."

Paul: "Logan, I have a question. You and I are partners, I have no problems with that, but lets get something straight right now. If you are going to do me like Vince did when he brought ECW to WWE, we can END this right now! I am not going to have my life work PROSTITUTED like a CHEAP WHORE AGAIN!!!!"

Logan: "Paul. Calm down. First off, I am NOTHING like Vince. I am a businessman, hes a PARASITE. He will feed off of anything that is HOT right now and move on to the next thing. And believe it or not, I have much to lose in this venture as much as you do. If not more. Like I said, we are partners. 50/50. Everything split right down the middle. You going to have to trust me. I aint gonna stab you in the back. But let me be PERFECTLY CLEAR when I say this. I am not going to ALLOW you to STAB ME IN THE BACK EITHER. Are we clear?"

Paul: "A No Non-sense, No B.S. type a man. I KNEW I liked you for some reason!"

Logan: "Good, now that we got that out of the way. I have a plan. Question is..do you trust me?"

Paul: "Dont really have a choice...why?"

Logan picks up the airplane phone again and dials a number.

Logan: "Hey, Lynx...its Logan..........Yeah, its done.......I am Half Owner of ECW.........thats right .....post it.......Where?? I DONT CARE!!! Every Message board, forum, whatever...I want EVERYONE, to know that EXTREME CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING is back and with a Vengance!!.........5 mins? .....Thanks Lynx.....I owe you a beer. ........out."

Logan hands up the phone again and pulls out his laptop out of his Briefcase.

Paul is wonder what that phone call was about, yet he has some ideas. After power up his computer, he uses the Wifi that is in business class and goes into the internet.

Logan: "Paul, I just got off the phone with my friend I like to call 'Lynx'. It seems that we have thrown the 'gauntlet' down in the wrestling world."

Logan shows the laptop to Paul, showing that on at least 3 websites that ECW was reopend and that thier first show in over 10 years will be held in 4 weeks!

Paul: "How the hell did you do that? I mean what are you CIA or something?"

Logan: "Far from it. I just had my friend HACK into a couple of websites and drop a 'virus'. Think of it as a "Spam". So to speak. So like right now, I can go onto the UFC website...and you will see a Advertising Banner seeing our promotion!! Pretty genius, dont you think?"

Paul: "Isnt that ILLEGAL?"

Logan: "I dont think so. Annoying? Yes. Illegal? DOUBT IT! But trust me when its said and done, the desired effect will be successful. I mean lets face it. People still chant those 3 letters when someone does something awesome, or they chant "HOLY SH*T" when something is done that no one can believe thier eyes. Thats done from the smallest promotion holding a show in a high school gym to Madison Square Garden with WWE holding a show there. And who is the promotion that put this on the map? Not CZW. Not TNA. Sure as HELL not WCW, and WWE wouldnt have a unique original idea if it crawled up its butt and DIED!! The promotion that started all this was EC F'N W!!! And with my financial connections and your wrestling genius, it will be this way once again! Are you with me?"

Paul begins to smile with a devilishly evil grin that is part of his trademark, almost as if he is convinced to join Logan.

Paul: "You do know, by putting this out there, you know that everyone is going to be coming after us now. And I have alot...and I mean ALOT of enemies."

Logan: "Paul....THATS WHAT I WANT!!! I want them to come after us! Trust me, if they come after us, that shows what they really are...SCARED. IF NOT TERRIFIED!!. I mean they showed this when they took Taz, the Dudleyz, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Eddy Guererro, because you were becoming a threat. Do I need to go on?"

Paul: "Your right, so we have a show in 4 weeks, and right now we only have Me, you, and maybe Dreamer and RVD? How are we gonna pull this off?"

Logan: "I never said it was going to be easy, but we have alot of work to do, but when it all said and done, the ones who betrayed you will never forget those three letters."

Just as Logan extends his hand for Paul to shake it, which he does, the airline stewardess comes over on the P.A. and announces that they are now landing in Philidelphia. As they begin thier decent, Logan utters these words....

Logan: "And now it begins..."

TO BE CONTINUED...

CHAPTER 4: "ASSEMBLE THE TROOPS"

Chapter 4

Chapter 4: "Assemble the Troops"

14 Days until the very first show.

Logan Anthony has been in Philly for only a few days, but instead of getting a "Lavish" appartment, which he can clearly afford since he is 50% owner of ECW, he only lives in a modest looking appartment. While he is getting some work on his laptop he hears a knock on the door...

Logan: "Its open"

Paul Heyman enters his appartment. Much like everything Logan does, Heyman is puzzled why he isnt living in a more luxurious place and instead he is living in a "loft".

Heyman: "Logan, umm like everything with you, the more I get to know you, the more questions I have. Like why are you living in this part of town? I mean CLEARLY you can live someplace NICER! I mean like me I live in the Suburbs now, since I sold my script."

Logan: "One thing about me is this. Just because you have money, doesnt mean you should flaunt it. And besides, I am not living in a ghetto. So living like this keeps me "grounded" and humble. Makes me remember where I came from. I mean like I take the bus or a taxi everywhere I go. And so on and so forth. Just cause I have money, doesnt mean I should look it. Unless its pertains to business. Speaking of which...alot has happend these past few days..."

Heyman: "Oh like what?"

Logan: "Well, you werent lying...you have A BUTTLOAD of enemies!!!" I couldnt negotiate with half the guys on my list to wrestle for our promotion! I mean if I tried to sign guys like Ricky Steamboat, Gregory Helms and Raven. Basically, if its not TNA taking them, its WCW. If its not WCW, its Ring of Honor. In fact, ROH was the main ones guilty of this! I was SO CLOSE to signing John Morrison, but they sided with them instead. Alot of 'em were worried about the checks bouncing, so that might have something to do with it, even though I said we were kinda "under new management".

Heyman: "So Raven didnt wanna sign for that?"

Logan: "Naw, apparently you two have some issues to resolve. But he signed for WCW. Talk about irony. Besides he was way WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. He wanted 20% of the merchandise, and 25% Bonus for PPV! He was better off just coming over here with a gun and a SKI MASK!! So what did you find out bout Dreamer and RVD?

Heyman: "RVD definately down for it! And Dreamer? Well not only is he up for it, but his wife Trista is up for it too!"

Logan: "Umm...whose his wife?"

Heyman: "You dont use Wikipedia alot do you? BEULAH MCGILLICUTY!"

Logan: "OHHHH!!! Thats great! Well aside from our 'Rivals', blocking us, that was the only bad news so far. Because I have plenty of 'Good news' to off set that..."

Heyman: "Lay it on me"

Logan: "Well we got some PPV deals."

Heyman: "REALLY? How did that work out?"

Logan: "Well that little internet stunt me and my friend pulled a few days ago, paid off. The buzz is going crazy around the internet. Well the PPV companies took noticed. Dish Network, inDemand and DirecTV are on board. I should hear back from a Canadian PPV carrier by the end of the week."

Heyman: "JESUS CHRIST..YOU BEEN BUSY!! Where were you 10 YEARS AGO!?"

Logan: "Two words. HIGH SCHOOL. Dont get too happy yet. Those three have given us a 'Probationary period'. Basically, they dont like what they see, they kick us to the curb. And plus they wanna 80% split of the revenue!"

Heyman: "Damn!!"

Logan: "Better than 100%. Besides we have lucked out. We are taking a huge gamble on this..."

Heyman: "So how are we gonna pulled this off? I mean we have 3 PPV Companies on board, how you sold em to this, I will never know! And I thought I was a good salesman! I mean we only have 3 wrestlers! 4, if you count yourself."

Logan makes a sly smile and goes to his desk and pulls out a list of names, which Heyman's eyes widen.

Heyman: "You know these are mostly WWE guys right?"

Logan: "Yup, but these guys didnt get a fair shake in the 'E'. I mean lets face it, if you wasnt Triple H, Edge, Orton or ANY OF THOSE guys, or you wasnt married to another McMahon, you were pretty much S.O.L! Besides, we have so much untapped talent, and I am talking to the king who can get ANYONE OVER!! I mean you got AL SNOW over as a psychopath talking to his Manaquin head Girlfriend...seriously!!!??? If you can get him over doing that..than these guys should be EASY to do!!!"

Heyman: "These are alot of guys. Why so many? And whose going to do Color Commentary? I mean we cant get Styles, whose gonna do it? Me? And half of these guys I never heard of!"

Logan: "Dont worry Paul. I got that covered. And plus I have been doing my homework. These guys are good at what they do. If they wasnt, WE WOULDNT BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION. As far as the influx of talent, if we are successful, the first thing that the 'big boys' are gonna try and do and start to take our big names. Only thing is, they aint gonna take em all. And plus, we can make use of all of them, because I am rebuilding the 'Tag Team' division. Something that the industry has been lacking for the past few years. Stick with me on this. Dont worry about money, I got that covered, besides our first PPV IS GONNA BE OFF THE HOOK! We might make a profit off of this!! And plus there is a SURPRISE that I have for you at the show..So are we good on these names? Can I post em to the website?"

Heyman: "We have a WEBSITE NOW?"

Logan: "Oh god...Your right...WHERE WAS I 10 YEARS AGO? HAHAHAHA!!"

To Be Continued:

"Chapter 5:

There is no REVOLUTION, without EVOLUTION"

ALSO....

the ECW ROSTER!!!!

ECW Roster

ECW Roster: 2009

(The heel and face hasnt been designated yet, but this is all the people I have signed in my diary. Feel free to comment).

Main Event:

Tajiri

Rob Van Dam

Ekmo

Carlito Colon

Tyler Douglas (aka Doug Basham)

Upper Midcarder:

Sabu

The Damaja (Dannie Hollie)

Tommy Dreamer

The Sandman

Monty Brown

Chavo Guererro

Antonio Banks (aka MVP)

Midcarder:

"The Iceman"Nick Dinsmore (aka Eugene, only without the gimmick)

Rene Rougeau

Slyvan Granier

The Miz

Rob "Iron Man" Conway

Shad

Kimo

2 Cold Scorpio

Bryan Danielson

Lower Midcarder:

Rocky Romero

Ray Gonzales

Jerry Lynn

James Gibson (aka Jamie Knoble)

Eddie Kingston

Openers:

Teddy Hart

B-Boy

Josh Abercrombie

Enhancement Talent:

Johnny Kashmere

Trent Acid (Rest in Peace)

Announce Team:

Thomas Campbell- Announcer

Joel Gertner- Color Commentator

Managers:

Beulah

Cyrus

Bill Alfonso

Referees:

Tony Barrat

Brian Hebner

Dashiell (Dash) Faireborn

Road Agent:

Roddy Piper

Marc Le Grizzly

I purposely left off a few names on the roster because I wanted to be a few "surprises" on the show.

GHOST

This isn't really a critique, but shouldn't the first post say "Prologue" instead of "Epilogue"? Epilogue is after the story, Prologue is before it.

Is Carlito's last name spelled Carlon as a typo or is that his ring name for the company?

Either way, pretty good starting roster. Here's hoping Teddy Hart isn't too much of a cancer for you!

Rosters

This is the roster for my RIVALS who are larger than me. Pay attention to these names. You may see them again...;)

World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE):

Ranking: #1

Owner: Vince McMahon

Booker: Stephanie McMahon

Main Eventers:

John Cena

Shane McMahon

Vince McMahon

Triple H (World Heavyweight Champion)

(I am seeing a pattern here LOL )

Upper Midcarders:

Batista

Edge

Randy Orton

The Great Khali (World Tag Team Champion)

Midcarders:

Lashley

Jeff Hardy

John Bradshaw Layfield

Kane (World Tag Team Champion)

MR. Kennedy (Intercontental Champion)

Matt Hardy

Lower Midcarders:

Brian Kendrick

Hardcore Holly

Ron Simmons (WTF?)

Openers:

Big Daddy V

Steven Richards

Enhancement Talent

CM Punk

JTG**

World Championship Wrestling (WCW):

Ranking: #2

Owner: Eric Bischoff

Booker: Hulk Hogan

Main Eventer:

Hulk Hogan

The Giant (aka Paul Wight aka The Big Show)

Johnny Bischoff (aka John Morrison)**

Booker T

Upper Midcarder:

Joey Mathews

Raven**

Juventud

Psychosis

Midcarder:

Sean Morley (aka Val Venis)

Scott Garland (Scotty 2 Hotty)

Aaron Stevens

Danny Dorring

D'Lo Brown**

Lower Midcarder:

Justin Credible** (Just returned from Hiatus..and they snatched him right up)

Osama Alajandro (aka Armando Estrada)

Rico

Opener:

Brutus Beefcake

Horace

Total Non-Stop Action (TNA)

Ranking: #3

Owner: Dixie Carter

Booker: Vince Russo

Main Eventer:

Bob "The Beast" Sapp

Chris Jericho

Christian Cage

Doomsday (aka Kane, to be confused with WWE "Fake Kane")

Jeff Jerrett

Kurt Angle (TNA World, Tag Team and X Division Champion)

Randy Savage

Samoa Joe

Scott Steiner

Sting (TNA Tag Team Champion)

Upper Midcarder:

AJ Styles

Abyss

Test

Brock Lesnar

"Wildcat" Chris Harris

Junior Fatu (aka Rikishi)

Matt Morgan

Rhino

Robert Roode

Tomko

Midcarder:

Alex Shelly

BG James

Buff Bagwell

Charlie Haas

Chris Hero

Chris Sabin

Eric Young

Hernandez

Homicide

Jay Lethal

Kip James

Lance Storm

Senshi (aka Low Ki)

Shane Douglas

Solo Snuka (Duece)

Lower Midcarder:

"Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels

"Cowboy" James Storm

Kaz

Lance Hoyt

Petey Williams

Rick Steiner

Shark Boy

Sonjay Dutt

Opener:

Chase Stevens

Martyr (aka Matt Bently)

Havoc (Johnny Devine)

CW Anderson

Simond Diamond

Enhancement Talent:

Harry Smith

Matt Sydal

Tank Toland

Ring Of Honor (ROH)

Ranking: #4

Owner: Cary Silkin

Booker: Gabe Sapolsky

Main Eventer:

Dean Malenko

Ken Doane (aka Kenny Dystra)**

Shelton Benjamin

Stan "The Lariat" Hansen (ARE YOU SERIOUS?)

Steven Reagal

Upper Midcarder:

Brent Albright (ROH Pure Champion)

Delirious

Nigel McGuiness (ROH Champion)

Paul London**

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (yes you read correctly)

Midcarder:

BJ Whitmer

Colt Cabana

Davey Richards

Jay Briscoe (ROH Tag Team Champions)

Mark Briscoe (ROH Tag Team Champions)

Jimmy Jacobs

Claudio Castignoli

Lower Midcarder:

Austin Aries

Chad Malenko

Jimmy Rave

Matt Cross

Openers:

Adam Pierce

Eddie Edwards

Enhancment Talent:

Alex Payne

Notes: All WCW Titles are vacant and ** means that they stole them from me when I was trying to negotiate with them..man I need to make National!!

And what Rank is ECW? #8. GOOD LUCK, Cuz I am gonna NEED IT!!

<p>Chapter 5</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">Chapter 5: "There is no REVOLUTION, without EVOLUTION"</span></span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

</span><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>6 Days until the Pay Per View.</strong></span></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">

</span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Paul Heyman and Logan Anthony have been working tireless to get this Pay Per View off the ground. After signing every name that came to both guys mind, the "army" has been set. The name of the Pay Per View? "Guilty as Charged" of course. Because after it was said and done, both men are going to be guilty of alot of things. But guilty of SHACKING up the industry once again, letting all the imitators and the nay sayers know that ECW was back, and it was going to stay. Anthony and Heyman are planning out the booking strategy for the show, and unlike before, this time things are not going smoothly as planned. Why? Like all partnerships, there will be disagreements. </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony: "Paul, listen to me. We can not book like you did back in 1995. "</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Heyman: "If people are going to come to ECW, that what they are going to expect!!"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony: "Look, everyone has been "biting' the ECW style for over 10 years. I am telling you, if we go to do that EXACT style, WE WILL FAIL!"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Heyman: "So what do you wanna do? Make this like the WWE? That will turn our fans against us"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony: "I dont want to be ANYTHING like the WWE, but we need to do something that neither the fans nor our competition, will expect."</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Heyman: " And what is that?" </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony: "We evolve."</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Heyman: "What do mean evolve?"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony: "Look I have been studying different types of Wrestling Promotions. Like for example, CZW trying to take the ECW aspect of booking, but in the long run, it ran its course, and all they have been focused on Garbage Wrestling. Chikara has good wrestlers, but lets face it, they also have a 'cartoony' type of characters and some storylines you cant really take seriously. Now both examples I gave have 'thier core fanbase"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Heyman: "Anthony, in english please?"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony: "Look, we can do it like this, what if we can appeal to everyone? Have a hardcore aspect, but also have some good storylines and focus on actual talent? I mean the reason I went into business with you, is because you have the ability to make "something" out of nothing. And I put alot of money into this. So basically, lets try something a little different. Extreme Championship Wrestling, with the same rules as before. No rules. The same type of fan base."</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Heyman: "You think the fans would want to see that?"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony: "I have one example of this working. JERRY LYNN VS ROB VAN DAM for the T.V. title. Remember that? That match had the hardcore aspect of being used, but also had ACTUAL talent, and it told a story! And even though Lynn lost, he got a standing ovation for it! Remember that? "</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Heyman: "Yeah I remember that."</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony: "I mean we can pull this off. I mean Alot of people are EXPECTING us to fail. WWE. WCW. TNA. NWA. ROH. Everyone. I mean the only people who are BELIEVING in us, is the wrestling fan, that is tired of getting crammed the CRAP down thier throats by those I mentioned above. I tell you what, Paul I will make a deal with you. </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Heyman: "Whats the deal"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony: "If we dont make a profit, I will relinquish ALL control of ECW, back to you. No 50/50 split, you will be the boss. This will be your second chance for ECW." </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Heyman: "DEAL"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony: "Good. Anyway. I have an idea for an gimmick."</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Heyman: "Lay it on me"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony: " A computer 'hacker'.</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Heyman: "Well, umm do you have a name?"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony: "Logan Anthony Gates, kind of a play off of Bill Gates."</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Heyman: "And what if your finisher or finisher names are? The Defrag? or 'The Caps LOCK?"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony: "Actually the CAPS LOCK does sound like a pretty good name for a submission finisher!"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Heyman: "Anthony...you KNOW I was joking right?"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony: "I wasnt. But some of the names for my other finisher was 'Hit Any Key to Continue', or the 'Gate Crasher". Or 'Death by Powerpoint'."</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Heyman: "Death by Powerpoint?"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony: "Its a term we use in the military. I will tell you about it sometime. So what do you think?"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Heyman: "Well you can try it at the show, I mean the worse thing they can do..IS BOO YOU OUT OF THE BUILDING"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony: "That bad?"</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Heyman: "Yup. These guys can make or break your career, so be careful." </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony: "Well thanks for the words of warning. Well I am going to go home and tell Lynx to upload these matches for the PPV. I am sure we will do well."</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Anthony walks off out of Heyman's house and into his car as he drives home. Heyman looks out of the window and he utters the following words to himself.</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Heyman: "I hope so, for your sake. Otherwise you are gonna be out of 5 million dollars and out of HALF a promotion."</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

TO BE CONTINUED.</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></span></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><span style="font-size:12px;">Next "Episode": GUILTY AS CHARGED! (Will also post the card before the show) </span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">Almost 15 Years in the making. It has been IMMITATED. It has tried to be DUPLICATED. But in the end...THERE IS ONLY ONE ECW!!! And its coming to the only place that can be AFFILIATED with RESSURECTION, MADISON SQUARE GARDENS IN NEW YORK CITY!</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:14px;">A Tag Team Battle Royal invitiational:</span></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Paul Heyman has submitted an OPEN INVITATION to any tag team either established or makeshift to compete in a Battle Royal to crown Tag Team Champions. The rules are simple, it starts off with 2 sets of Tag Teams and every minute, a new Tag Team enters, when all of the Tag Teams are entered, then thats when the eliminations will start. When one person is thrown over the top rope, his tag team partner is eliminated as well. Who will step up and make history becoming the NEW ECW Tag Team Champions? </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:14px;">"ECW Throwback Match"</span></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

"The Japanese Buzzsaw" Tajiri vs ECW most recent signing, SUPER CRAZY!</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

To say that these two had history would be a SERIOUS understatement! Japanese Superstar Tajiri has went toe to toe and fist to fist with Mexico's "Evel Knievel", Super Crazy! And now that Super Crazy has signed with the company once again, you can best believe that there is going to be more than one HOLY SH*T moment that will be screamed thru MSG!!</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

And for the ECW Heavyweight Title, it will be the first ever </span></span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">HIGHWAY TO HELL Tournament Match!!!</span></strong></span></span></span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> Men will try for the ECW Heavyweight Title, and they are going to have to go thru HELL to get it! It will start with a tournament qualifier, single elimination. Then the those who advance will be in a Battle Royal until it down to the FINAL FOUR. Then it will be a Fatal 4 Way, in a one fall match where the winner of the pinfall/submission will be the NEW ECW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! Names that will be entered in the tournament so far:</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Rob Van Dam</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Tommy Dreamer</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Sabu</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

The Sandman</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Monty Brown</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Carlito </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

"The Outlaw" Tyler Douglas</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Finlay</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Chavo Guererro</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

"The Miami MVP" Antonio Banks </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

EKMO </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

and...</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

A surprise....a former ECW Title Holder!!!</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

All this and more on GUILTY AS CHARGED 2009! </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

(Please Predict and/Comment)</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Questions: </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Who will win the Highway to Hell Tournment? </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Who is the Surprise Entrant be?</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Do you think the Logan Gates Gimmick will work? </span></span></p></div><p></p>

Archived