In light of the world cup

I just thought id share with the board something that ive been doing that may interest you enough to do it yourself.

So....im definitely the anti-GODMODDER but if im gonna mod something i have to justify it being realistic... so for example... something ive never been ashamed to do would be making workers available in any given area on the grounds that if the money is right... it doesnt matter how popular or unpopular a certain worker is... he will come to your country if youre gonna pay him good and fly him over.... i think that the exception to this is if you are running a small promotion and try to fly someone over....even though you could provide flight, rooming, paycheck... maybe a bingo hall show wouldnt necessarily get Optimus or Shirai Yanigasawa over to you...

So regardless now what i do involves modding people to be able to work in your area.... and lots of people for that matter.... i personally dont like to make the entire gameworld active everywhere so even though it would save one plenty of time to do that i just use the editor to activate whomever i need.

so onto what i do... Okay so basically the way i run my promotion is like this.... I look at my company as something neutral... i dont look at my company like SWF, TCW (WWF, WCW) i tend to call it something like The International Sports Alliance or The Associated Athletic Commissions.... there are lots of different names ive used. What i do is i make it so my company is "neutral" amidst the entire professional wrestling world... i make it so that it's considered nothing more than a "regulator" of sorts for the sport of pro wrestling. My user character is considered the "commissioner" of professional wrestling and the idea is that the various presidents of the various sanctioning companies voted my user character as such. For example, in the Pacific area (Japan, Eastern Europe, Asia in general and Australia), Elemental is the President of the Pacific Wrestling Association. The Pacific Wrestling Association is the parent company that sanctions all the bouts in all of those regions and specifically it is in charge of ranking certain titles, those titles are: The Japanese Heavyweight title, The Japanese tag titles, The Japanese Jr. Heavyweight titles, The Australian Heavyweight, Jr. and Tag Titles and the PWA title itself. There are some other unique titles the PWA sanctions for example we also have a Russian Heavyweight and Tag title... the current champion being The Big Bad and the Russian Tag champs are Sergei Kalashnov and Boris Kiriyakin. The fact that there are so few Russians make it unique in so what I do is i hold huge events in Russia once or twice a year where the Russian belts are defended while i try to promote a who's who of Japan and Australia super show. Anyway, I also have similar stuff in Western Europe and Britain... for example MoSC got put out of business.... so currently I have the Highland Warrior as the reigning Scottish Heavyweight Champion, I have Danny Patterson as the British Heavyweight Champion, the Dublin Destroyer is the Irish heavyweight and the Champion of Europe is Louis Figo Manico. There are also Italian, Spanish, French, German and Dutch heavyweight, tag and jr. heavyweight champions. I follow a similar format with South America (Capitao Brasil being the Brasilian Jr and Heavyweight champion the storyline being he has to make appropriate weight for each belt when theyre being defended which plays well into storylines as announcers often argue that its too much pressure for him and that he must be exhausted from making weight. I have Claudio Burdisso holding the belt of his respective country) Mexico, The US and Canada.

Something unique in all of this is that there is an amateur and professional division respectively these apply to the whole world. Amateur athletes cannot have managers... the minute they do theyre considered professional and when youre professional every match counts towards your record. Your record is going to effect your purse money, your career longevity and your ranking... So for example. 20 year old La Estrella has been wrestling a month in the amateur divisions of mexico... maybe one night hes wrestling an amateur match in a pretty posh Mexico City area the same night perhaps theres a bigger wrestling event going on a few blocks away... Maybe Floyd Goldworthy is at that bigger event and has dispatched his scouting agents down to the amateur venue to scout talent. Well La Estrella impresses the Goldworthy scout and perhaps La Estrella has nobody to protect him from this kind of snake... Estrella is given something to sign, doesnt read the fine print... signs it... shows up a week later at an amateur event.. goes to make weight and is told hes barred from the amateur division... hes signed pro. He gets a call from Goldworthy, hes fed-ex'd a plane ticket, comes out to Goldworthy's Hollywood office... Goldworthy is preoccupied with signing the Insane Heat, getting American Buffalo a cameo in a movie, talking to his team of trainers as they prepare Mikey James (as Jimmy Lee) and Frankie Dee (as Billy Lee) to challenge American Elemental and Eagle Kawasawa (American Eagle) for the California State Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles at the California Clash III so Estrella is pawned off to one of Goldworthys henchman who just starts booking Estrella matches, neglecting his training and management completely. By the time Goldworthy gives it a thought, Estrella could be 23 years old... looking at a 7 win 24 loss record and would then be considered a bust.

I generally like to keep the amateur division to people under the age of 24... 24 being the oldest. I hold annual tournaments world wide that are the creme de la creme of the amateurs... where all the scouts converge... These are the Golden Ropes Tournament, The National Amateur Cup, The National Amateur Tag Cup, The National Amateur Jr. Heavyweight Cup, Atlantic Amateur Cup (South America, Mexico, North America, Canada vs Western Europe, Britain, Ireland, Western Africa) Pacific etc. etc.

So, thats the amateur division.

Now the last thing i do is i have every country capable of having a four man team have a national team for the world cup.

The way it works is world competition is done survival series style.

The way i keep the stats is

Jack Bruce (87 apperances. 19 eliminations)

Henry Lee (12 appearances. 0 eliminations)

American Machine (1 Appearance. 2 eliminations)

Johnny Martin (125 appearances. 53 eliminations)

Every country has a four man national wrestling team. They have a heavyweight team, jr. heavyweight team and an amateur 24 and under team. when it can be done i even break it down to 20 and under and 18 and under.

Each team has subs as well. There are lots of "friendlys" like in football. The biggest annual national wrestling event would be the World Wrestling Exhibition. This is an event where each country likes to try to upstage the other. There are also sporadic international friendlys that litter up the schedule. Its also fun to keep records of who has the most appearances and eliminations for a given country. There is also an element of strategy. Some teams may like to go with a speed attack. Some teams may go for a defensive approach... so for example, theyll have a couple of super or big heavyweights knowing the improbability that these giants will get slammed regardless of their lack of speed or offensive innovation they rely on these big guys being unpinnable or submittable in the hopes that these big guys will wear out the opposition. Each team has a captain as well that has the captain emblem on their national team uniform. Each team has a manager as well and sometimes the managers dubious/infamous reputation can overshadow a team. For example... going into the 2010 World Cup, the American Wrestling Federation decided to contract Floyd Goldworthy as the National Team Manager. Amidst much fanfare and controversy, Goldworthy essentially put together Team Goldworthy in which the entire US team and US Jr. team were Goldworthy represented wrestlers. Goldworthy got slagged by reporters because he turned the prestigious world stage into a stage for his own campaigning. He had a well known feud going on with Johnny Martin. He had tried in desperation on countless occassions to corrupt the incorruptable Johnny Martin and get him to sign with the Goldworthy brand. Martin declined and Goldworthy sent his minions after Martin to get him back for humiliating him and turning him down. So coming into the world Cup, Goldworthy put together a team of Texas Pete, American Buffalo and Barry (Runaway Train) Bowen and Johnny Martin. The three Goldworthy wrestlers wouldnt tag Martin in for much of the round-robin round causing quite the stir. In the first elimination round, the crowd went wild as Martin refused to leave the ring to go to the apron, knowing he wouldnt get tagged in and so he forced it so the Goldworthy men were each disqualified for not leaving the ring (there was literally a stand off... it was revealed after the match that Martin had snuck to the bell-keepers table, erased Buffalos name as the starting wrestler on the line-up card and replaced it with his own. After a 10 minute long face off with the referee pleading with the US team to have 3 wrestlers stand on the apron and start the match. None of Goldworthys men would budge and neither would Martin much to the fans appreciation. The referee DQ'd the illegal men and Martin bravely lost the match to the Dutch team but eliminated two men in the process.) This set the stage for Goldworthy to be banned by the US team and Bowen, Pete and Buffalo each suspended from selection for several months. On cards across the country there were revenge bouts with Martin calling his old DAVE comrades to help him take on Goldworthy and his evil team.

Anyway thats just the way i run my game...i thought up these things while at work a little after TEW2010 came out and it took awhile for me to figure out how to make it practiceable. I hope people like the stuff i do if you dont and think its stupid or its not for you thats totally understandable. Thanks for checking this out. Ill answer any questions if there are any.

Archived