The Video Game Thread

Genadi

I just finished Dragon Age II yesterday. Not sure why it got such a bad rep, I mean yeah there were loose ends and the story didn't feel like it mattered as much but I thought the gameplay was infinitely better than Origins, if only because it was so smooth and there were less annoying glitches and bugs. I loved Origins too though. I think I need a break of a couple of weeks before I start Inquisition to avoid burnout.

I also like the game but the repetition of both locations and enemies gets very boring especially compared to Origins grander story.

Anyone else excited for WWE 2K16?

Why should we? Because of the massive roster? Nah. I'm more excited about PES 2016, if anything. The only game I look a little forward to is Tomb Raider, as the last installment was an enjoyable experience.

But at least Paige will be in it, unlike the PC version of 2015, which I haven't played since launch day. :D

Anyone else excited for WWE 2K16 and NBA 2K16?

Yea I was so disappointed with WWE 2k15's features....the future of my dynasty is banking on 2k16 improving "the turd" that they showed us last year. I really want to believe that they will. They need things like create an arena, diva and title and I will forgive them!

I really want to believe that they will. They need things like create an arena, diva and title and I will forgive them!

I 'want' to believe, but they did promise us a full PC port, but it didn't have Paige or full CAW. I still like the occasional Wrestlemania XIX play a lot more. Kinda feels like I threw 30 bucks out of the window.

But the PC version won't be released until much later in the year I believe.

Just watched that gameplay trailer and it felt weird.. lots of cuts and no commentary apart from 'nice reversal there'

Whats odd is that at 32 seconds, the shadows look odd. In the ring it heads down, while outside it heads up.. Surely they should all be going the same way or having multiple shadows if there are different light sources.

I've not played one of these since WWE '12 but it doesn't look like much has changed

Anyone played Sheltered yet.. Proper dark territory.

You play a family who shelter (hence the name) in a fallout bunker after the bombs drop and the world becomes a wasteland,and its your job to make them survive by any means possible it seems.

The boy met a survivor called George while scavenging in the wastes who joined us and took up the post of scout. However food was nowhere to be found and eventually George keeled over and died..

I was given 2 choices on what to do with him... Bury him or... well lets just say he tasted good with some Peri Peri sauce

You play a family who shelter (hence the name) in a fallout bunker after the bombs drop and the world becomes a wasteland,and its your job to make them survive by any means possible it seems.

The boy met a survivor called George while scavenging in the wastes who joined us and took up the post of scout. However food was nowhere to be found and eventually George keeled over and died..

I was given 2 choices on what to do with him... Bury him or... well lets just say he tasted good with some Peri Peri sauce

I'm all about impulse buys...this sounds interesting!

Watched a bit of this on Youtube today and I must say it's like the Fallout game on iPad, mixed with This war of mine. The guy in the video said it was like FTL and I thought he was an idiot. :p

How do you like it so far?

So guys I need some help. I use Xbox One controllers on my PC. Since ive upgraded to Windows 10 I haven't been able to use my controller. It keeps drifting left in my game menus.

Thinking it was my controller I used a different one. But same issue. Anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to fix this?

Watched a bit of this on Youtube today and I must say it's like the Fallout game on iPad, mixed with This war of mine. The guy in the video said it was like FTL and I thought he was an idiot. :p

How do you like it so far?

Its a little slow and very hard. You have to rely on a fair bit of luck.. You also got to manage your water carefully or you're screwed.

That said though I do like it.. I've been told its much deeper than Fallout Shelter, but I wouldn't know since its not out on Android for a week.

So guys I need some help. I use Xbox One controllers on my PC. Since ive upgraded to Windows 10 I haven't been able to use my controller. It keeps drifting left in my game menus.

Thinking it was my controller I used a different one. But same issue. Anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to fix this?

Sounds like the deadzone is off, almost like a thumbstick was pushed when it was inserted.

I would probably try either recalibrating it, or taking it out and reinstalling

Have you uninstalled the software and tried a different USB port? I had all sorts of trouble with my 360 controller on Windows 7. Ended up getting a One controller which worked perfectly. I upgraded to Windows 10 and it wouldn't work until I switched to a different slot.

Have you uninstalled the software and tried a different USB port? I had all sorts of trouble with my 360 controller on Windows 7. Ended up getting a One controller which worked perfectly. I upgraded to Windows 10 and it wouldn't work until I switched to a different slot.

Yep nothing worked. 2 different Xbox One controllers and neither one is fixing it. Its not messing up with my game at all just when I get in a menu that allows for scrolls left.

So after trying numerous games it only seems like The Long Dark is the only game causing issues right now for me with drifting left