The Video Game Thread

Genadi

Urgh. Jim Sterling. He might be somewhat right in what he says but I hate his shitty little gimmick he tries to portray.

IMO, he's improved since he first started. He really amped up the arrogance to comical levels while also turning the Jimquisition from a generic rant video series to something (most of the time) well-researched rants with an actual point.

I love the fact that a wrestling fan hates gimmicks. :p

In a world where any Tom, Dick and Harry with a webcam and an X-Box is a "video games journalist", you have to have a gimmick. At least Jim's makes sense, and isn't all that intrusive into his content.

Helps that I'm a WH40k nerd, obviously, but still. ¬_¬

Wanna talk about terrible gimmicks? There's an ill-tempered man named Joe I'd like you to meet. ¬_¬

Wanna talk about terrible gimmicks? There's an ill-tempered man named Joe I'd like you to meet. ¬_¬

Actually, I would say that he's a man who claims to be ill-tempered but is actually more of a overly sensitive baby who loves to hear the sound of his own voice. Twenty minutes to do a straight review of a game...no thank you.

I find it hard to take a review seriously from someone who's entire gimmick is being angry, and most YouTube reviewers have some kind of angle that makes them a little biased (eg TotalBiscuit had a go at Guild Of Dungeoneering for not being 60fps. The game is a 2D card based game so why would 60 be needed)

These days I look at a few websites and then look at actual gameplay before purchasing anything

Actually, I would say that he's a man who claims to be ill-tempered but is actually more of a overly sensitive baby who loves to hear the sound of his own voice. Twenty minutes to do a straight review of a game...no thank you.

That was kinda my point.

My issue with Angry Joe is that he normally has a good point, he makes it within the first five minutes of the video, then makes it over and over again, and by the end it's just random shouting.

Anyone played the pes demo?its an evolution but i'd like 2 see it take fifas crown back & hang ultimate team out to dry. Football fans are very anal & i bet both fifa & pes will miss the basic points in a simulation yet again. Fifa will struggle for gameplay pes will struggle for licenses its just a shame sports interactive cant buy them out

Anyone played the pes demo?its an evolution but i'd like 2 see it take fifas crown back & hang ultimate team out to dry. Football fans are very anal & i bet both fifa & pes will miss the basic points in a simulation yet again. Fifa will struggle for gameplay pes will struggle for licenses its just a shame sports interactive cant buy them out

Ya know, I love my soccer/football games, but I am currently boycotting anything made by Konami. Interesting to hear your opinion, though.

I know theres a big conundrum over the way konami act but fifa are also a disgrace. If i boycott both i dont have a football game this year. I must admit pes seems a really confident game while fifa is focused on getting as much cash as possible from ultimate team. Nothing against fifa adding womens football but who buys fifa & plays tournament mode?A pointless addon at the expense of things like career mode & actual gameplay

Unfortunately PC players are left in the cold... for at least another week, probably more. No matter. Really looking forward to another footie as I kinda skipped last year's version due to too many 2013/2014 play. :p

Reasons to buy a ps4....pes option files are back so no more merseyside reds vs london blues :-D

When fifa becomes a joke konami is suddenly outed as bad eggs?if we all believed in the politics behind the companies that make video games then gta5 would never exist & rockstar games would be bankrupt.Basically pes is a good game that needs its hardcore fans back.

Yay, a good sports game! There wasn't one last year, or the year before that, or the year before that, or that, or that, or that, or that, etc. :rolleyes:

As for Konami, the business practices they've been alleged to have are downright draconian (and I hate to use buzzwords like that). And I don't even understand the Rockstar part.

BTW, Edit Post is your friend.

Pes has released a demo very early which shows confidence while fifa is still struggling to offer anything new. Fifa seems to hold back half the features for 2017 versions like they ran out of ideas lately

I played Fifa 15 on EA Access and the careers (manager and player) are just so dull. Its just a screen of stats and no real substance. They really need to look at how 2K are doing careers in their NBA series and throw some of that into career modes.

For instance, it could be quite cool if your up and coming player gets asked to appear on a TV/Radio show(be it as a pundit or on a panel show) or your manager has a press conference much like you could in last gen NBA (where you had a choice of answers).It could make you feel more connected to your player and perhaps alter your playing career (imagine remarking about the teams star player in a negative way and suddenly getting transfer listed)

As for Pro Evo. What they really need to do is up their game when it comes to customisation and the ability to share. Allow people to create the real world leagues for them and promote the customisation aspect (although they would have to be careful on wording). That way licensing isn't an issue anymore and could tempt people in who just want to play as their favourite team.

But all this is football. What I would love to see is EA Sports NHL gameplay with 2K's MyCareer style events and presentation

As for Pro Evo. What they really need to do is up their game when it comes to customisation and the ability to share. Allow people to create the real world leagues for them and promote the customisation aspect (although they would have to be careful on wording). That way licensing isn't an issue anymore and could tempt people in who just want to play as their favourite team.

I agree. They want their hardcore fans back? Bring back customization (though I guess it's in an ok state as of now).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28397" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Who else is excited for the new Destiny content?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ooh, me for sure. Got into the game about beginning of July and played about 250 hours since.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="packerman120" data-cite="packerman120" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28397" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ooh, me for sure. Got into the game about beginning of July and played about 250 hours since.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Did not know you played? We are going to have to run prison sometime!</p>