The Video Game Thread

Genadi

I am debating on getting Play Station 4 or XBOX One. Does anyone have any insight on which is better?

I know PS4 has slightly better graphics but that does not matter that much to me and I really do not care about exclusive games (I have never been a fan of Halo). As long as the next GTA and Elder Scrolls games come out for both I am happy.

I am not biased towards either company as I own XBOX (Which no longer works), XBOX 360 (Which no longer works), Play Station, and Play Station 2 (Which no longer works.). On a side note my Sega Genesis still works perfectly despite in coming out in the early 90's. I will admit I am a bit leery about buying another XBOX system simply because I am on my ninth or tenth 360 (I have honestly lost count) and I am very bitter over the amount of money I have had to shell out to get them fixed.

That being said I have not heard anything like that about the new system so I am willing to give them a clean slate.

I have both systems and overall i prefer the Xbox One but there is definitely nothing wrong with the PS4. I have two reasons I prefer the xbox one. External hard drive support (its amazing how quickly you can fill a 1TB hard drive) and the controller. I still feel (although a massive improvement from the ps3 controller) the ps4 controller still feels fragile as hell.

Also, I still have my original launch date xbox 360...guess I got lucky

The controller could indeed be the selling point at this time. I've had a PS2, sure, to play exclusives but never touched a PS-related thing since then. I love the 360-controller, which I use whenever I can on PC (damn you Mass Effect series! :p).

As for the specs: you will only see that difference in a couple of years. And if you don't have a huge supertv to play on, you won't even notice.

I'm probably getting a console in a couple of months to play the UFC game, if it's any good.

I have both systems and overall i prefer the Xbox One but there is definitely nothing wrong with the PS4. I have two reasons I prefer the xbox one. External hard drive support (its amazing how quickly you can fill a 1TB hard drive) and the controller. I still feel (although a massive improvement from the ps3 controller) the ps4 controller still feels fragile as hell.

Also, I still have my original launch date xbox 360...guess I got lucky

I have to disagree with this, I've had both One and 4 and found the PS4 controller to be a better wearing controller (this includes having my one year old drop it from my height), I find the definimg features depend on if you want the One for its multi functional aspect (snapping screens, hand gestures etc) or the PS4 for its gaming capabilities. Like I've said I've had both and sold the Xbox One because I used the PS4 more.

I have to disagree with this, I've had both One and 4 and found the PS4 controller to be a better wearing controller (this includes having my one year old drop it from my height), I find the definimg features depend on if you want the One for its multi functional aspect (snapping screens, hand gestures etc) or the PS4 for its gaming capabilities. Like I've said I've had both and sold the Xbox One because I used the PS4 more.

You make a good point. Dropping the xbox one controller is bad because its bulky as hell, whereas the ps4 one takes it a bit better. Just, when I have them in my hands, the xbox one controller just feels more sturdy and i feel safer raging on xbox one (I rage a lot) than on ps4, which i feel if i wanted to, i could just snap in half.

The easiest way to solve the problem is to just get both consoles though :D

You make a good point. Dropping the xbox one controller is bad because its bulky as hell, whereas the ps4 one takes it a bit better. Just, when I have them in my hands, the xbox one controller just feels more sturdy and i feel safer raging on xbox one (I rage a lot) than on ps4, which i feel if i wanted to, i could just snap in half.

The really fun thing is, not everyone is that rich or/and lives on a country where you can easily do that. :D

I've found the PS controllers to be very strong. Worse thing they ever did for gaming for me anyways is make wireless controllers. I've smashed at least 5 controllers now for my PS3 >.> because they are too easy to whip at the floor and watch them shatter. It feels good for a few seconds then really shitty afterwards haha. But they can take a beating of just average throwing and dropping etc. but if you whip them at tile or hardwood floor as hard as you can they just crumble (though I'd expect that with most things).

The old Xbox controllers that were on wires I never bothered throwing because I couldn't throw them anywhere haha.

You guys have anger management issues if you, as grown men, cannot refrain from smashing stuff in anger when losing a videogame.

I've had games make me want to break a console, nothing like almost beating a game, getting stuck on a post and losing your hardcore character.

I didn't smash my controller I almost threw the disc across the room though. ;p

You guys have anger management issues if you, as grown men, cannot refrain from smashing stuff in anger when losing a videogame.

I was going to say this too. I mean, I get incredibly frustrated when I'm playing sometime, but throwing a controller and such is pretty much a temper tantrum.

Anyways, I started playing Dragon Age Inquisition for PS3 and I have been having a really fun time with it so far. I'm playing as a Qunari Mage, but I'm not a fan of how I look so I'll probably start over. Same race and class, but just a different look.

I put 50ish hours into F4, haven't got all that far. Just kinda got bored of it. Went back to Witcher 3 and Sunless Sea, and then Rainbow Six Siege came out.

It's just... too shooty, for me. I was hoping for more of a return to the more RPG-like elements of the originals + NV. But instead it's more like Fallout 3.5: Prettier Edition.

I'm sure I'll finish it at some point. It's certainly not a 'bad' game. Just found that it was an easy game to distract myself from.

I'm not in a hurry to buy Fallout 4. I should still play New Vegas, which is rumored to be quite good. I just like to run around shooting people in the head with VATS. :p

I also kind of value my stuff. It's really sad to see those failvideos of kids breaking their Ipad or flatscreens because they're frustrated at some stupid game. Nice, you just smashed 300 bucks, if not more.

The really fun thing is, not everyone is that rich or/and lives on a country where you can easily do that. :D

I am far from rich. I work very hard to buy things I want. Things aren't cheap in New Zealand either but I fully admit they're more expensive in Brazil.

Also, not sure if people's comments were directed at me (seeing as I kinda started the rage talk) but I never once said I threw a controller. I said I felt like I could snap a ps4 controller in my hand if I wanted to.

I value my stuff as much as anyone else, maybe more

I put 50ish hours into F4, haven't got all that far. Just kinda got bored of it. Went back to Witcher 3 and Sunless Sea, and then Rainbow Six Siege came out.

It's just... too shooty, for me. I was hoping for more of a return to the more RPG-like elements of the originals + NV. But instead it's more like Fallout 3.5: Prettier Edition.

I'm sure I'll finish it at some point. It's certainly not a 'bad' game. Just found that it was an easy game to distract myself from.

I've played Fallout 1 , 2 , 3 and NV (not Tactics or the other)

the 3 was a mess. NV was a masterpiece

the 4 IS a masterpiece. It's the one when you can "feel" the desolation, the people who wants to survive. The people fight for their life ! It's the law of the strongest, and you feel that in the game.

At first, the number of gunfight.. i was afraid (especially after NV !) but then.. we're in Boston. There are a LOT of people, and it's the exact same thing that miss in the 3 and NV.

I can understand why some people don't like the game, or think that this is not a true Fallout. It's true, it's not the same fallout like NV. It's a "new" fallout, like fallout 3 was new for the fan of f1 and f2

the only good thing in F3 was the enclave :p