What should the typical UEW show be like? What skill set should I look at when signing new workers.

I started a game unemployed and UEW is the first fed to have the Head Booking job come open and I got it. So I would like a bit of help before doing the first show of my tenure.

Thanks...

What should the typical UEW show be like? What skill set should I look at when signing new workers.

I started a game unemployed and UEW is the first fed to have the Head Booking job come open and I got it. So I would like a bit of help before doing the first show of my tenure.

Thanks...

UEW? Ewwww... Book them like the soulless automotons they are.

Seriously, UEW is all about in-ring talent. Look for guys with good performance skills and top row stats. Really, they're very similar to ROF (hence the working agreement between the companies). Naturally, there isn't a whole lot of great in-ring talent in Europe, so also be on the look out for guys who have the potential for development into better workers.

And then, well... avoid angles for the most part (except, perhaps, with your absolute top stars, and even then it can be risky) and try to put on good, solid matches. If you still have Joey Beauchamp, it shouldn't be too hard to stick him in most main events and get good show ratings.

Oh, and if Louis Figo Manico is done with his hiatus, SIGN HIM. I don't care if he's past 40, he is THE best talent any Euro company can get. If he's still on hiatus... shortlist him and be ready to pounce if/when he decides to come back.

Joey got signed by EWA and that is what opened up the Head Booker job.

I just checked on Luis and he is signed with EWA, so no luck for me there.

I've put them on a 80% ratio so I can try to do some angles. I'm thinking of using Menace as they have some guys with very high Menace.

Although I agree with the 'Bot on the soulless automaton part, I have a few other ideas.

1 - Target Joss Thompson and Danny Patterson. Keep Patterson far from the ring, but take advantage of his A* menace - even UEW can utilize that. But you can build around Thompson (assuming, of course, that SWF or TCW doesn't snatch him up, since he is available in the US).

2 - Also, not sure when they debut, but the AI regularly makes good use of Pavel Vanzchya and Crusher von Steinberg.

3 - And just because EWA signed Joey and Louis does not mean that you cannot steal them back. In my 5+ year EWA game those two have gone back and forth repeatedly.

I got the job after the July 2011 show with 20 days until the August show.

No Pavel yet. I'm sending an offer to Crusher.

Joss is on with 21cw and ripw. Danny I'm sending an offer to.

Joey just left, but I will send an offer to Luis as he's been there 5 months.

Archived