1995: War of The Worlds

Turns out it was just over-shooting as I got a deal with America One at Late Evening 90/90 which stinks, and it doesn't cover all of America either which stinks. However, I just need eye-balls across America right now.

Now, I'm off to pray that I can sign two guys who are being non-tendered by WWF and WCW. Bam Bam Bigelow and WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, WCW non-tendered (didn't offer him an extension) Ric Flair. You might want to look at that, Hive, for your 1994 mod. It looks like the Simmering Tension with the booker pretty much eliminates any chance of resigning. Bigelow is disliked by the entire Clique/Click however that was spelled so that makes more sense along with the tension with Vince. Flair, on the other hand, has like 5 strong friendships on the roster with his only negative being the simmering tension with Bischoff (which probably isn't realistic at this point anyway fwiw as that was more 97-98).

Unfortunately, I seriously doubt either will give me the time of day as they're International Superstars which almost never sign with Cult feds. I can dream though. Or I can go down in flames like DAVE by overpaying my talent. Either will be a massive blast.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was not aware that simmering tension had that much of an effect. In that case, I will definately remove the Bischoff/Flair tensions. I find it strange though, as I recall having seen WWF hiring The Ultimate Warrior in spite of a strong dislike between McMahon and him... but perhaps it's different when it's the owner...?

But yeah Bigelow not re-signing is fully intended.

I think there is a different negotiating algorithm for hiring and renewing (Adam would have to weigh in on that). I've never seen a simmering tension contract get renewed in any of my games (that's why Adonis never stays with WWF in Genadi's 1987/TSE mods). Figured Bam Bam's was intentional which I say thank you as he did sign with me for an outrageous $3,500/2,500 downside. Have to run my 3rd PPV to get a shot at Flair.

Now, I've decided to run an invasion style stable war with my UC, the former Tatanka (Chris Chavis), Bam Bam, and Simmons (adding Flair if I can get him) versus a turned Cactus Jack, Funk, Dreamer, and Austin with Taz and Sandman as minor help. That will be legend...wait for it...dary.

Archived