1995: War of The Worlds

This is a conversion of my TEW2008 mod. It starts at the very beginning of The Monday Night Wars between WCW and WWF, starting in september 1995.

Current version: 1.04

It currently features, amongst other things:

1757 workers

434 tag teams

89 promotions

640 alter egos

36 dojos

365 dojo graduates

186 titles with combined 2397 lines of lineage

634 worker relations

...and much more!

The mod is built upon BurningHamster's 1996 The War Begins mod, so many thanks to him for being a good sport and letting me use his awesome data. :)

The mod is a work in progress at its' first release, so it may have some bugs and unwanted features. Many improvements can certainly still be made. Suggestions and ideas are welcome. New workers is one of the things I'm always looking to add.

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1hvqp5d3ghujvbk

Pictures pack download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xyir3cm8zaq1roq

So to those who love The Monday Night Wars as much as I do and wish to take part in it from the very beginning... enjoy. :)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for sharing this. I've been hoping for a real world mod set around this time to pop up. About to start a game with ECW. :D

EDIT: Been playing nonstop all night and having a blast. Steve Austin starts with a knee injury and isn't available for angles, but I was able to sign him to an Exclusive PPA and I'm building towards Austin vs Funk at November To Remember for the ECW World title. I was able to get a Medium PPV deal and now that it's November I can attempt to negotiate (hopefully) a decent TV deal with a Small network instead of the tiny South East and Tri State networks.

Thanks for sharing this. I've been hoping for a real world mod set around this time to pop up. About to start a game with ECW. :D

EDIT: Been playing nonstop all night and having a blast. Steve Austin starts with a knee injury and isn't available for angles, but I was able to sign him to an Exclusive PPA and I'm building towards Austin vs Funk at November To Remember for the ECW World title. I was able to get a Medium PPV deal and now that it's November I can attempt to negotiate (hopefully) a decent TV deal with a Small network instead of the tiny South East and Tri State networks.

Good to hear that people are enjoying it. I'm playing a WCW game myself atm, and is having a blast myself. :)

I was curious to see how the game would turn out without any interaction and the USA Network deal with the WWF expired in November 1995 so the Monday Night Wars are pretty much over, I'm going to carry on to see how things develop.

I was curious to see how the game would turn out without any interaction and the USA Network deal with the WWF expired in November 1995 so the Monday Night Wars are pretty much over, I'm going to carry on to see how things develop.

That's weird... haven't experienced something like that myself.

Guest Ashtaron

I can't seem to find Clarence Mason in this mod anywhere...?

Also, you might wanna edit out any of the excerpts in biographies detailing things that wouldn't have actually happened yet.

Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to playing this and tweaking it to be a Summer '96 scenario.

• 3 weeks later...
I can't seem to find Clarence Mason in this mod anywhere...?

Never heard of the guy, sorry.

Also, you might wanna edit out any of the excerpts in biographies detailing things that wouldn't have actually happened yet.

Yeah I know a few yet-to-happen things slipped through here and there, being leftovers from an earlier version where I just straight out copied from wikipedia without much editing. I am tweaking the bios when I stumble across something like "is working on the RAW brand" or "won the heavyweight title in 1998" or stuff like that.

Like the new skin.

Clarence Mason was a short-lived WWF manager who I believe was an actual lawyer and played somewhat of a Johnnie Cochran? (I think that was OJ's lawyer's name) gimmick. I left him out of my initial 1996 data because he slipped my mind too since he was only around for such a short time.

Yo Hive, you got Giant Haystacks listed as working for NWC probably because they had a dude called Lil Haystacks working for them at the time. Pretty sure these are two different people as Lil Haystacks was some guy called Wayne Young as far as I can find out.

Like the new skin.

Thanks. :)

Though I've already tweaked it for the next release, made the top bar (with the wrestlers' faces) a bit darker... this light colour worked better before I changed from the standard blue colour to the green one.

Clarence Mason was a short-lived WWF manager who I believe was an actual lawyer and played somewhat of a Johnnie Cochran? (I think that was OJ's lawyer's name) gimmick. I left him out of my initial 1996 data because he slipped my mind too since he was only around for such a short time.

Ah, thanks. Really doesn't ring the slightest bell, but I'll try to find some info on him then. Was he any good?

Yo Hive, you got Giant Haystacks listed as working for NWC probably because they had a dude called Lil Haystacks working for them at the time. Pretty sure these are two different people as Lil Haystacks was some guy called Wayne Young as far as I can find out.

Are you sure about this? According to Cagematch, it was Giant Haystacks wrestling under that gimmick (though they could of course be wrong), wherefrom I got my info:

http://www.cagematch.de/?id=2&nr=329&view=matches&gimmick=&jahr=1995&liga=&region=&land=&art=&artmatches=&partner=Partner&gegner=Gegner&suchbegriff=Suchbegriff#matches

Hmm, Actually not positive on the Haystacks since cagematch credits him as being this Wayne Young dude too who I had down in my notes from a while ago as being someone else who I could not identify. You might be right on this one, or this might be a case of cagematch getting it wrong. :confused:

Cagematch (and internet sources in general) are annoying to me sometimes though as it at times links different workers profiles together because they worked under the same name at some point. Biff Wellington/Wellington Wilkins Jr is one case where, even though I have seen footage of both workers and they appear to be different guys the internet sources seem so intent on listing them as the same guy I even doubt myself.

Clarence Mason is one of those super forgettable guys. Don't think he was involved in anything big, was fine in his role but I cannot remember him doing much. I want to say we went bowling on WWF TV but that might have been someone else.

Throughout the timeframe of 96-97, Mason came in managing Crush in his prison days, then along with him went into the Nation of Domination until they changed all their members, then was alongside Owen and Bulldog until the Hart Foundation reformation. I think there was someone else after them, but I can't really put my finger on it. He never really managed anyone to any major success, but he did his crooked lawyer schtick well.

Hmm, Actually not positive on the Haystacks since cagematch credits him as being this Wayne Young dude too who I had down in my notes from a while ago as being someone else who I could not identify. You might be right on this one, or this might be a case of cagematch getting it wrong. :confused:

Cagematch (and internet sources in general) are annoying to me sometimes though as it at times links different workers profiles together because they worked under the same name at some point. Biff Wellington/Wellington Wilkins Jr is one case where, even though I have seen footage of both workers and they appear to be different guys the internet sources seem so intent on listing them as the same guy I even doubt myself.

Yeah, I have encounters some mixups previously myself. And this may very well be yet one of them. I have so far found no other site that mentions his usage of this name...

Throughout the timeframe of 96-97, Mason came in managing Crush in his prison days, then along with him went into the Nation of Domination until they changed all their members, then was alongside Owen and Bulldog until the Hart Foundation reformation. I think there was someone else after them, but I can't really put my finger on it. He never really managed anyone to any major success, but he did his crooked lawyer schtick well.

Yes, and according to Wikipedia he started out as an advisor to Jim Cornette. It seems that he also went to WCW later, under the name J. Biggs and managed Harlem Heat 2000. Strange that I never heard of him before untill now.

Yes, and according to Wikipedia he started out as an advisor to Jim Cornette. It seems that he also went to WCW later, under the name J. Biggs and managed Harlem Heat 2000. Strange that I never heard of him before untill now.

Yes! That's who else it was. Kinda went off the map after that, I believe. But in late 95 he was very much just about to make it to the WWF, like just the next year.

And you may want to completely redo the titles section. They all read to say (for example) "WCW World Heavyweight Championship champion". It just looks strange.

Yeah, I have encounters some mixups previously myself. And this may very well be yet one of them. I have so far found no other site that mentions his usage of this name...

Yeah, that and the fact that Haystacks supposedly left WCW only a few months into his run because he was diagnosed with cancer and went back to the UK when the Little Haystacks in NWC continued working into 1998 is I guess the most suspicious thing to me at this point.

Archived