Question about bio's

So I'm looking for an easy, comprehensive, original way to do bio's. I don't want to go the whole "Wikipedia" route because I dont feel that gives to a real feel for who the person is. So what do you guys think? What are your favorite bio's out there and what would you like to see in a mod.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ChrisKid" data-cite="ChrisKid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28624" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I like the simple<p> </p><p> Name:</p><p> Date of Birth:</p><p> Height and Weight:</p><p> Hometown:</p><p> Finishers:</p><p> (also maybe at the bottom noticable acomplashments like titles or PWI 500 rankings</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I dont know about Height/Weight, DOB or finisher. All that is available once you look at the profile so it seems redundant.</p>

<p>I agree with BurningHamster, but for historical mods I also like to have a little information about what they are doing at the moment. Obviously this isn't possible for everybody, but for the stars it can be helpful e.g. <em>In recent months, The Rock turned heel to join The Corporation</em>. Just so I know where each person is coming from.</p><p> </p><p>

Not a fan of bulletpoints though, I'm afraid.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jhd1" data-cite="jhd1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28624" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I agree with BurningHamster, but for historical mods I also like to have a little information about what they are doing at the moment. Obviously this isn't possible for everybody, but for the stars it can be helpful e.g. <strong><em>In recent months, The Rock turned heel to join The Corporation</em></strong><strong>. </strong>Just so I know where each person is coming from.<p> </p><p> Not a fan of bulletpoints though, I'm afraid.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That would help in preparations for storylines</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jhd1" data-cite="jhd1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28624" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I agree with BurningHamster, but for historical mods I also like to have a little information about what they are doing at the moment. Obviously this isn't possible for everybody, but for the stars it can be helpful e.g. <em>In recent months, The Rock turned heel to join The Corporation</em>. Just so I know where each person is coming from.<p> </p><p> Not a fan of bulletpoints though, I'm afraid.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, things like this which may explain the storylines or bits of history are good in my view and pretty much essential from time to time in historical mods.</p><p> </p><p> I hate bulletpoints but I am not a fan of overly long bios either.</p>

So I'm looking for an easy, comprehensive, original way to do bio's. I don't want to go the whole "Wikipedia" route because I dont feel that gives to a real feel for who the person is. So what do you guys think? What are your favorite bio's out there and what would you like to see in a mod.

I think it depends on how in-depth you're planning to go as a modder. Personally, I prefer both general and promotion specific bios. For example, 'Todd Barnes' might have a bio in his default profile and a different one in his bio for MPWW or whoever else he works for. Even if the promotion specific bio is just his default bio plus the promotion specific details (when he signed (if it's a big promotion), what his basic gimmick/disposition is, and what his working style is in the promotion as well as who he might be associated with).

Some modmakers prefer to only do the default bio, especially for mods with lots of workers. Who wants to do a promotion specific bio for 'Todd Barnes' when he works for 4 different promotions? But for say, Christopher Daniels, he might have different personas in RoH, PWG, and wherever else he works, so it might make sense to give him several different bios.

Archived