angeldelayette and jhd1 present...the Mid-South Wrestling Alliance

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Logos/M-SWA.jpg

WHEN IT ALL BEGAN...

It's been a while since USPW: The Battle for Prime Time, but I'm back...and I'm not on my own! This diary will be different to many of the works on this board for one simple reason - two people are writing it.

Angeldelayette and I discussed the possibility of writing a joint diary several weeks ago but it wasn't until the premature end of his USPW and NWA diaries that things really started to take shape...

SO, WHAT'S THE PLAN?

All booking ideas, hirings and firings, and final cards are a result of numerous PMs back and forth between the two of us. We each take a month of the game, book the show as agreed, and then pass the save file across. Writing of the shows will also be a joint effort, although the majority of our 'work' will be on the shows we booked ourselves.

GRAPHICS

A big thank you must go out to ReapeR who very kindly offered to make the title belts for this project. His extraordinary work will be unveiled in M-SWA's first show.

Throughout the course of this diary you will also see many new worker pictures, many from jtlant, Self and ewanite. Most of these can already be found in the C-verse Re-Render Project thread and any new renders will be pointed out in the following post. Any alts made from these, or from the default renders, will also be posted full size. These new alts (i.e.not renders) will have been created by jhd1 unless otherwise noted.

PARTICIPATION

Predictions are both welcome and encouraged. As we are running a regional promotion, a prize will be given to the winner at the end of every in-game year. If you'd like to bring along a sign, I'm sure it'll turn up somewhere :p

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USPWrestling.com...

United States Pro Wrestling Colour Commentator and Manager Shane Sneer has been granted his release from USPW. USPW Owner Sam Strong and Sneer himself are keeping mum on the reason for that release though rumours are swirling about the reasonings, from health problems to the return of SCCW.

MSWAwrestling.com...

Welcome to the opening of MSWAwrestling.com. The Mid-South Wrestling Alliance is a promotion with a mysterious unknown owner. More information is forthcoming at a press conference this afternoon.

MSWAwrestling.com...

Following a press conference, Shane Sneer was announced as the new owner of the Mid-South Wrestling Alliance. He stated to the wrestling press that later today he will be sending out a brand new roster list.

M-SWA ROSTER

Main Eventers

Ford Gumble

Greg Rayne

Krusher Karloff

Upper Midcarders

American Patriot

Jeffrey D Morgan

Wiley Steinway

Midcarders

The Idaho Punisher

The Wolverine

Coyote Dynamite

Major Disaster

Matthew Keith

Lower Midcarders

Rafael Ruiz

Blackjack Robbins

Whisky Jack

Openers

Running Wolf

Greg Keith

Announcer

Davis Ditterich

Colour Commentator

Eric Tyler

Referee

Jez McArthuer

Authority Figure

Shane Sneer

MID-SOUTH WRESTLING ALLIANCE PRESENTS...THE GREAT SOUTHERN BRAWL

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/TheGreatSouthernBrawl.jpg

Four Man Tournament to decide the Inaugural Mid-South Heavyweight Wrestling Champion

Semi-Final #1: Rafael Ruiz vs. Krusher Karloff

Semi-Final #2: Ford Gumble vs. Jeffrey D. Morgan

Final: Ruiz/Karloff vs. Gumble/Morgan

#1 Contender Match for the M-SWA Heavyweight Title

American Patriot vs. Greg Rayne

M-SWA Southern Tag Team Title Match

The Deadly Alliance vs. Wiley Coyote

Running Wolf vs. Matthew Keith

<hr color="black">

Prediction cards will be in the form face vs. heel because, well, it is easiest for me to order. (Very) Eagle-eyed viewers will have noticed something familiar about that poster. The base image is from tommytomlin's WOTI hype thread from 2008, although everything but the word 'wrestling' and the tickets on sale box has been changed (by myself). Hope Tommy doesn't mind! There are also a few new worker images on there - those alts will be posted after the show which, I hope, should be up by Sunday.

Four Man Tournament to decide the Inaugural Mid-South Heavyweight Wrestling Champion

Final:Ruiz/Karloff vs. Gumble/Morgan

Fan sign: I'm running with the Wolf!!

Karloff Krushed my Kar

Final:Ruiz/Karloff vs. Gumble/Morgan

Nice! This should be interesting. Two very good writings working together cannot be a bad thing.

Final: Karloff vs. Gumble

Signs:

Morgan: The First M-SWA Heavyweight Champ!

Keith + Opponent = Proton Lock!

Jhd + Angel = Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy :D

Really excited for this one

Karloff is a good guy for a starting promotion, but not as Champion. Plus I mark out for Ruiz

Jeffrey D. Morgan. Simple as that, good kind of guy for this kind of promotion. But, could be a chance for an upset though.

I'd want Ruiz to win, because of that kick ass alt/re-render on the poster, but I see Morgan taking it.

Greg's a good fit for a promotion like this, I expect to see him float around the main event picture/upper midcard

If the promotion is how I see it, a slow-paced traditional one, Coyote should take it.

Keith is the future.

Signs:

Running Wolf should keep Running.

Ford Gumble Needs More Cowbell!

I love a good American Cowboy vs Russian match-up.

American Patriot garners a win to try and topple the NEW Russian Emperor

Just cause I mark out for the Agents of ACME

Keith is the Future

Signs:

BEEP, BEEP

The Russians are coming, THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!

This should be great

Final: Morgan

See you in a while lads, I'm off to Taylor Street Pharmacy.

DAMN I'm glad to see you two working on a project together. Talk about what I feel would be a perfect partnership. Good luck to you both!

Is the mexican over enough? Dont think so

JD is probably going to be feuding with Gumble, I can see them in some terrific matches

To Set up a monster vs Patriot feud. Cold War 2.0

The opposition are too old, and pretty horrid

Bold Prediction here, Greg gets involves and causes his brother the match

Sign: Guns Out Gumble

Oh yes.

- Ford Gumbles your primary face I'd imagine, while Krusher Karloff can get over faster than the others in this list with Menace angles. I expect we'll have a bunch of Krusher domination angles with him as champ.

- Because the cold war is only dead if we let it die :rolleyes:

- Two elderly teams. I'll take Coyote to get their last horrah.

- While Running Wolf could be good in a few years, Keith is good now. And he knows the Proton Lock.

FEAR THE PROTON LOCK!

Good luck with this you two, looks like fun.

- Sonfaro

Thanks to everyone for their predictions so far and it's also really great to see so many people excited about angel and I writing together. I had originally put you all in (trimmed down) quotes but then this post looked a little clumsy so I left them out. Anyway, I'm sure I speak for the both of us when I say that all your kind words are greatly appreciated.

If you'd like to predict on our first show - The Great Southern Brawl - but haven't had chance then you have around 18 hours before the card goes up. Happy picking :D

MID-SOUTH WRESTLING ALLIANCE PRESENTS...

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Logos/M-SWA.jpg

THE GREAT SOUTHERN BRAWL

It's Wednesday, April, Week 2, 2010 and we are live in the New Mexico Armory in front of 873 fans!

YOUR ANNOUNCE TEAM: Davis Ditterich & Eric Tyler

[We begin the show with M-SWA owner Shane Sneer standing in the centre of the ring. When the crowd's chants die down Sneer lifts the microphone...]

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/ShaneSneer.jpg

SHANE SNEER

Ladies and Gentleman of New Mexico, let me welcome you to the future of professional wrestling, a moment that will go down in history...welcome to Mid-South Wrestling Alliance...welcome to THE GREAT SOUTHERN BRAWL!

Tonight you will see the greatest wrestling this fine country has to offer, you will see two title matches and host of superstars - the likes of which haven't been seen in the Mid-South for far too long. Our first two matches will be the semi-finals of our tournament to crown a M-SWA Mid-South Heavyweight Wrestling Champion. Ford Gumble, Jeffrey Daniel Morgan, Krusher Karloff or Rafael Ruiz will leave here tonight as the Mid-South's first ever champion.

So, without further ado – let's get it on!

[The small but vocal crowd cheer at the prospect of the night's events as Sneer climbs out of the ring and heads to his seat in the front row.]

Segment Rating: D+

DITTERICH: That's right folks – what an event we have lined up tonight.

TYLER: And our first match looks to be a classic. Ford Gumble will take on Jeffrey Daniel Morgan to decide who will be our first Heavyweight finalist...

MID-SOUTH WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI-FINAL MATCH

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/FordGumble.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/JDMorgan.jpg

'The Cowboy' Ford Gumble vs. 'Lord of the Ring' Jeffrey D. Morgan

M-SWA's first ever competitive match was an important one for both men involved. With the chance to fight for the M-SWA Mid-South Heavyweight Wrestling title on the line, neither man wasted any time in doing as much damage as possible to his opponent. The technical mastery of the visibly pompous Jeffrey Daniel Morgan was a stark contrast to the cruiserweight style employed by 'The Cowboy' Ford Gumble. As the company's opening bout, both Gumble and Morgan did well to encapsulate Mid-South Wrestling Alliance's mix of old-school attitudes with a slightly faster, more fluid wrestling technique.

After a tense affair, Gumble's Savate Kick just before the ten minute mark was enough to guarantee victory, and his progression to the tournament final.

FORD GUMBLE wins in 9:48 via pinfall.

Match Rating: D-

DITTERICH: What a match to start of the ride to the top that is the Mid-South Wrestling Alliance!

TYLER: Just you wait – when Krusher Karloff pulls Rafael Ruiz limb from limb he's going to be shoving that cowboy hat right up Gumble's...

DITTERICH: ...And here they come folks – lets get ready for our second semi-final.

MID-SOUTH WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI-FINAL MATCH

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/KrusherKarloff.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/RafaelRuiz.jpg

'The Comrade' Krusher Karloff vs. 'The Mexican Pit Bull' Rafael Ruiz

If the snobbish English attitude of Jeffrey D. Morgan was disliked by the Mid-South crowd then they absolutely hated the vile Russian monster named Krusher Karloff. On his way to the ring Karloff spotted a spectator brandishing a sign that said 'Karloff Krushed my Kar.' Stopping, Karloff began hurling abuse in Russian before ripping the sign from the fan and smashing it back down over his head!

The big man did an excellent job of keeping Rafael Ruiz' slow, methodical approach at bay – flinging the Mexican around the ring with ease. Quick chops and high kicks from Ruiz made sure that Karloff could never get complete control and at one point it looked as if Ruiz was going to manage to get the big Russian in an ankle lock. Instead Karloff kicked out just in time to send Ruiz towards the turnbuckle. When he bounced back Karloff was up on his feet and a huge clothesline turned Ruiz inside out. Signalling to the crowd, Karloff picked his opponent back up and his Running Powerslam, the Soviet Slam, was enough to see him into the final.

KRUSHER KARLOFF wins in 7:54 via pinfall.

Match Rating: D

TYLER: That's my boy Karloff! I told you he'd do it didn't I Ditterich?

DITTERICH: He's not your boy Eric, he's a no-good monster – that's what he is. He can't be allowed to get away with treating our fans like that!

[With the ring now clear Eric Tyler climbed from his seat at ringside as a military band's march hit the Armory PA system...]

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/EricTyler.jpg

ERIC TYLER

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce to you...Major Disaster!

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/MajorDisaster.jpg

[Marching out from behind the curtain comes the snarling figure of Major Disaster. The camo-wearing officer oozes disgust at the crowd, mumbling angrily to himself as he made his way to the ring...]

ERIC TYLER

Now, I have been around this industry for long enough to know that you are looking at a future legend here ladies and gentlemen! [The crowd booed in disagreement]

Major Disaster, er sir, would you like to say a few words?

[Disaster took a deep breath to compose himself before snatching away the microphone from Tyler. Raising it towards his mouth Tyler waited intently for the Major to speak...but instead he bit the top off the microphone! Disaster then took the microphone in his right hand and clamped down, crushing it into several pieces. The crowd looked on stunned but Tyler merely looked impressed. Disaster saluted the colour commentator and then marched backstage, making sure to slap one of the more excitable fans on the way.]

Segment Rating: C-

DITTERICH: What were you thinking going near a man like that!?

TYLER: What's up Davis – afraid you'd have to announce this event by yourself? Major Disaster is someone to keep your eye on...

DITTERICH: You mean as a future champion or because he's liable to bite your head off? Literally!

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/RunningWolf.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/MatthewKeith.jpg

'The Native American' Running Wolf vs. 'The Second Generation Superstar' Matthew Keith (w/Greg Keith)

Despite both of these competitors being relatively young in professional wrestling terms, Matthew Keith's high profile training and experience from around the world was clear from the bell. Keith outperformed Running Wolf in almost every way, although the Native American managed to put up some semblance of a fight midway through the match. With Greg on the outside both second-generation superstars bore a striking resemblance to their father, the famous Sam Keith, and that was forced home when Matthew locked in his father's finisher the Proton Lock. Within seconds Running Wolf was tapping the match and this one was all over.

MATTHEW KEITH wins in 7:22 via pinfall.

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/MatthewKeith.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/GregKeith.jpg

[With the match won, Matthew Keith kicked Running Wolf out of the ring and waited while brother Greg climbed up onto the apron, microphone in hand...]

GREG KEITH

People of New Mexico you are looking at the two greatest prospects in professional wrestling, and you're looking at them RIGHT NOW!

MATTHEW KEITH

That's right. We're second generation superstars, but unlike the Vesseys and the Valentines, our father is someone to be truly proud of – a legend in this industry.

GREG KEITH

We've wrestled in Europe, Japan, Mexico – and now we're wrestling in the Mid-South. So when we've cleared out this backwater territory and headed for the bright lights of television you'll be able to tell your friends and your family...

MATTHEW KEITH

...that you saw the greatest wrestlers alive...in the flesh...you saw The Keith Brothers. No, please, don't thank us – you're welcome.

[seemingly oblivious to the jeers of the crowd, the Keiths wave at the crowd as they head back towards the curtain, pointing at a fan whose sign said 'Keith + Opponent = Proton Lock!'...]

Segment Rating: E+

TYLER: Did you see that sign Ditterich? – 'I'm running with the Wolf!' He's not going to be running anywhere for a while now the Keith's have finished with him!DITTERICH: Talk about living off your old man's reputation! Those two wouldn't know humility if it came up and hit them on the nose!

[As Greg Rayne makes his way to the ring, the boos of the near-capacity crowd are deafening inside the small New Mexico Armoury. Rayne revels in the crowds hatred, getting in the face of one fan before slapping the spectator hard across the face eliciting further jeers from the audience. As he steps into the ring, Rayne snatches the microphone from the hands of the ring announcer...]

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/RayneMan.jpg

GREG RAYNE

You people make me sick! What a waste of space this State is. New Mexico? Give me a break!

And you, yes, you fatso – shut your face! Now, if you've all quite finished I have a little business to attend to. American Patriot – get out here NOW!

[American Patriot's entrance is greeted with a huge cheer and repeated chants of 'U-S-A' from the rowdy Mid-South audience. Patriot, like any good fan favourite, came bearing gifts and several children on the front row became the new owners of a small Star-Spangled Banner. The slow amble of Patriot did nothing to apease Rayne who appeared to become more incensed after each and every high five. Eventually Patriot entered the ring and the ring announcer passed the masked wrestler a second microphone...]

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/AmericanPatriot.jpg

AMERICAN PATRIOT

What is it Greg?

GREG RAYNE

That'll be Mr. Rayne to you boy. I have a little...how can I put his...proposition for you. Even the idiots of this audience know that I am going to win the #1 contender's match we have coming up so I want to make things simple for you. Here's $500, go buy yourself another mask, buy another flag - we can forget the whole thing. Be smart for once in your life.

AMERICAN PATRIOT

I don't want your money Mr. Rayne. In fact, I was quite looking forward to kicking your...

GREG RAYNE

Excuse me!? Do you not understand what I am offering you? I am going to beat you anyway...

AMERICAN PATRIOT

Then what is with the bribery?

GREG RAYNE

Bribery? No, think of it more as generosity. I can beat you in this ring right now and risk getting myself injured, or you can take the money and we'll both be happy. So, how about it?

[American Patriot looked at the raucous New Mexico crowd, asking them what they thought he should do. Their opinion was clear, they wanted to see a fight, and they wanted one now. Patriot shrugged his shoulders and looked apologetically at the crowd. Taking the money from Rayne, Patriot began counting the bundle while 'The Billion Dollar Machine' looked on smuggly. Finishing his counting, Patriot looked back up at Rayne...and threw the money back in his face! Rayne's face was a rainbow of emotions; smug, shock, confusion, angry...suddenly Patriot jumped, tackling Rayne to the ground as the referee signalled for the bell...]

Segment Rating: D-

# 1 CONTENDER MATCH

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/RayneMan.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/AmericanPatriot.jpg

'The Billion Dollar Machine' Greg Rayne vs. 'Stars and Stripes' American Patriot

Grudge matches tend to begin nervously and turn into a wild brawl – this match, on the other hand, had started a brawl and quickly descended into chaos. Rayne and Patriot traded blows to the delight of the crowd who followed each punch from Patriot with a cheer and each chop from Rayne a gasp. Unsurprisingly it was Patriot who attempted to slow the match, using a well-timed headlock takedown to bring Rayne down. As the match progressed Rayne began to break out all the dirty tricks he had learnt from his time at the SWF. Unfortunately for Patriot it would turn out to be one of these tricks that would decide the match.

When a clothesline sent Rayne to the outside he took the opportunity to protest to the referee. With the official, and Patriot, fully focused on the protests of the Billion Dollar Machine, neither saw Krusher Karloff sneak in from the back. Rayne made a show of climbing slowly, and anxiously, into the ring as Krusher Karloff crept behind American Patriot...and hit him with a low blow! As Karloff rolled under the bottom rope Rayne dashed over towards the stooped Patriot...Rayne Drop...1...2...3! Greg Rayne will face the winner of our final in a title match next month!

GREG RAYNE wins in 18:16 via pinfall.

GREG RAYNE is the #1 Contender for the M-SWA Mid-South Heavyweight Title!

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/RayneMan.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/KrusherKarloff.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/AmericanPatriot.jpg

[With the bell still ringing, Rayne and Karloff began stomping a hole into American Patriot. The boos of the crowd only egged the villainous duo on and after a minute or so the masked superstar lay immobile in the centre of the ring. Raising each others' arms in victory, Rayne and Karloff headed towards the back stopping and laughing at a sign that read 'The Russians Are Coming, THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!' Before passing through the curtain Rayne was less than subtle as he passed a wad of green over to Karloff.]

Segment Rating: D-

DITTERICH: I don't get it – Rayne tries to pay Patriot to lose, then pays Karloff to help him win – is he just going to buy the title from our champion next month!?

TYLER: He'll certainly give a try, and if our champ is smart he'll take the money and walk. Top guy that Greg Rayne – never met a nicer man.

DITTERICH: Nice man!? What are you talking about!? And where did you get all that money from!?

SOUTHERN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/Belts/M-SWATag.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/Belts/M-SWATag.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/TheWolverine.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/TheIdahoPunisher.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/WileySteinway.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/CoyoteDynamite.jpg

M-SWA's first ever tag team match was by no means a classic – in fact technical wrestling ability was non-existent for the entire 16 minutes of this match. Not that any of that mattered to this Mid-South crowd who were more than happy to watch what amounted to little more than a bar-room brawl between the face-painted Deadly Alliance and the leather jackets of Wiley Coyote. The crowd immediately warmed to The Deadly Alliance and the ringside antics of Idaho Punisher helped keep their interest throughout, not surprising given the 'wrestling' on offer inside the ring.

After fifteen minutes it would be Idaho Punisher who finished the match after a left hook from Steinway was ducked leaving the biker open to attack. A headbutt was followed by a kick to the midriff and a Piledriver sealed the victory.

THE DEADLY ALLIANCE win in 16:20 via pinfall.

THE DEADLY ALLIANCE are the NEW M-SWA Southern Tag Team Champions!

DITTERICH: The Deadly Alliance are the inaugural Southern Tag Team Champions!

TYLER: Bah! Who wears facepaint nowadays!? 1986 wants its gimmick back!

[With only one match left, M-SWA owner Shane Sneer made his way back to the ring. Behind him a fan desperately waved his sign; 'Ford Gumble Needs More Cowbell' ..]

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/ShaneSneer.jpg

SHANE SNEER

Ladies and Gentlemen, are you having a good time!? [The crowd roars in agreement]

That's what I like to hear! Well, we're almost done on this historic night but there is one thing left to do...

Our next, and final, contest of the night is scheduled for one fall and will decide the first ever Mid-South Heavyweight Wrestling Champion!

Making his way to the ring, from Dodge City, Kansas...'The Cowboy' Ford Gumble!

And his opponent, from Moscow, Russia...'The Comrade' Krusher Karloff!

[With the introductions out of the way, Shane Sneer slides out of the ring back to his ringside seat and the referee lifts the M-SWA Mid-South Wrestling Championship belt for all to see. Seconds later, the match begins...]

Segment Rating: C-

MID-SOUTH HEAVYWEIGHT WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/Belts/M-SWAHeavyweight.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/KrusherKarloff.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/VS.jpghttp://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/jhdTEW/Joint%20Diary/Cards/FordGumble.jpg

'The Comrade' Krusher Karloff vs. 'The Cowboy' Ford Gumble

Our main event encapsulated everything the fans look for in the M-SWA - America vs. Russia, Cowboy vs. Comrade, Good vs. Bad. The brute strength of Karloff makes him the strong favourite, but the Mid-South fans always love an underdog which gave Ford Gumble even more support than the Stetson-wearing superstar would have already received. A test of strength kicked the final off and was a fairly one-sided affair with Karloff gripping the hands of the cowboy and forcing him down, his head almost touching the mat. But whilst Gumble may have gained a little weight in recent months his cruiserweight skills haven't faded a bit and he reversed the grapple into a improvised jawbreaker. From there on the match became a battle of wits, both were cautious and at points it appeared that they feared losing more than they wanted to go on the attack. Those moments were brief, however, and the momentum swung backwards and forwards between the two.

Twelve minutes in it all looked over when Karloff set Gumble up for the Soviet Slam but The Cowboy just managed to wriggle out and roll-up the Russian...2 count! Gumble used this sequence to his advantage and began to take control, keeping the big man off his feet for as long as possible. When one big dropkick wouldn't take the big man down Gumble went for another...and another...Karloff dropped to his knees...Savate Kick! Gumble dived on top of The Comrade as quickly as he could...1...2.........3! We have our first Heavyweight champion!

FORD GUMBLE wins in 14:22 via pinfall.

FORD GUMBLE is the NEW M-SWA Mid-South Heavyweight Wrestling Champion!

DITTERICH: Yes! I knew he could do it! Gumble – the M-SWA Heavyweight Wrestling Champion! Sounds good doesn't it Eric!?

TYLER: Karloff – what were you thinking? The people of the Mid-South have been robbed of a fine champion by the hay-chewing nobody...

DITTERICH: Upset are we Eric? Well folks, we'll be back same place, same time, next month where Ford Gumble will defend his title against Greg Rayne – don't miss it!

OVERALL SHOW RATING: D

Some of the angles used definitely helped life the show as a whole.

This show should be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.

Archived