Ring of Honor : Better Than All the Rest

On May 27, 2010 - Ring of Honor released the following News Wire on their site http://www.rohwrestling.com :

- Tyler Black, Davey Richards, El Generico, and Kevin Steen are involved in two of the biggest matches of their lives at ‘Death Before Dishonor VIII’ on June 19th in Toronto. But even with that, the mind games of Kevin Steen and Steve Corino has taken another twist and this time there is a decidedly more direct target on the chest of Tyler Black. With everything at stake in Toronto, Steve Corino has signed to face Tyler Black the night before in Buffalo. As was released yesterday \, Corino has stated he’s taken this match to “assist” Steen in sharing his ideal with another. Davey Richards sees it differently. “I think it’s pretty comical really,” Richards told ROHWrestling.com. “I mean, look it from my view. Tyler Black is stepping into the ring in Toronto with the most dominant hunter in wrestling. Nothing is going to change that. The only thing that ‘Fat Boy’ and ‘Dr. Old School’ are going to do is make my job easier. That makes me smile. But let me make one point crystal clear: If Corino or Steen stick their noses into my business in Toronto, there will be a new hunt for blood. And Kevin Steen knows that hunt all too well.” ROH World Champion Tyler Black had words for Steve Corino, and you’ll see those for yourself in the next edition of the ROH Videowire!

- Speaking of Kevin Steen, as of press time, he is not scheduled to be in Buffalo, NY on June 18th. Of course, Steve Corino was not scheduled to be at ‘Supercard of Honor V’ either, and we all saw how that went down. More on this as it develops.

- Singles action is coming when ROH returns to Buffalo, NY on June 18th as Colt “Boom Boom” Cabana has signed to face the Embassy’s Shawn Daivari! Can Cabana get his mind away from the recent wars with Kevin Steen/Steve Corino long enough to focus? Or will Daivari use those distractions as a way to secure victory for Prince Nana? Cabana has a history with the Embassy and it’s sure that Nana hasn’t forgotten the past. The ROH Videowire has Cabana’s thoughts on this bout!

– Sources indicated to ROHWrestling.com that Delirious has never been more focused of serious in Ring of Honor as he is right now. Fans in Philadelphia last week saw the fury of the lizard man unleashed on Austin Aries, and from what we’re told, it isn’t done yet. The duo of Delirious and Jerry Lynn are taking their issues with Aries and crew to a new level, and if what happened last weekend for HDNet is any indication, we’ve only scratched the surface. Delirious has signed on and will be in action in both Buffalo, NY and Toronto, ON on June 18/19 and we’ll have more on this vendetta next week!

– Grizzly Redwood suffered a minor tear in the cartilage surrounding his ribcage as a result of the attack by the Embassy and his former friend, the Necro Butcher last weekend in South Philly. Check out this story for a look into what may have caused the Necro Butcher to turn his back on everyone that supported him in favor of Prince Nana!

- ROH World Television Champion Eddie Edwards has thrown his name into the hat! He is the third man to enter the second annual Toronto Gauntlet on June 19th at ‘Death Before Dishonor VIII’!!! “I’ve said it a hundred times,” said Edwards. “The hunt never ends. Five other men in Toronto will fall and then I’ll become the first man to ever hold the World Title and Television Title at the same time.”

- Have you enjoyed the benefits of ROHVideos.com yet? Countless Ring of Honor classic events are now at your disposal with the click of a mouse. For only $10 you can download and own some of the best matches in wrestling history featuring so many stars of the game that have passed through ROH. From CM Punk to Samoa Joe, Homicide to Bryan “Daniel Bryan” Danielson, and Nigel “Desmond Wolfe” McGuinness to AJ Styles it is available and at your fingertips! Check out ROHVideos.com today and complete your ROH collection!

- PRO WRESTLING RESPECT returns to the Burlington, New Jersey Armory on Sunday, June 6th, 2010 at 4PM. Scheduled to be in action: Delirious, Grizzly Redwood, Ricky Reyes, MsChif, Daizee Haze, Andy “Right Leg” Ridge, Prince Nana, Celso Rivera, Pelle Primeau, Shane Hagadorn, Alex Payne, the NINJA, Rhett Titus, The Bravado Brothers, Bobby Dempsey, Ernesto Osiris, Jamilia Craft and many more!! RESPECT is a great way for young wrestlers to gain experience and it is an inexpensive event that is performed in a family friendly manner. For more information and to purchase tickets please visit http://www.prowrestlingrespect.com!!

– Keep your browsers pointed to ROHWrestling.com today for news on our BIG annual Memorial Day Weekend Sale!!! – We’ll be back next week with more news and views as we head toward Buffalo, NY and Toronto, ON! Have a great weekend!!!

However, by the end of the weekend, things would be much different, there were no "changes in power" there was nobody "winning the lottery" there was simply one man, face to face with another man who told him of the unfortunate news.....

...to be continued...

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/tvrdabomb/DeskofAdamPearce.jpg

To the talent of Ring of Honor :

There will be some changes to the upcoming shows, unfortunately this does mean shows that have already been booked will have some changes made to them.

There has been a number of injuries and scheduling conflicts that are to blame for these changes, our Main Event for Death Before Dishonor VIII will not be effected by this, however, other matches on the card have had some small changes made to them.

In a bit of good news, I've been informed that we are currently working with The Fight Network to begin airing ROH Wrestling LIVE as we are taping it, with the HDNet show still running on Monday night, however, the particulars have not been worked out, as soon as they are, I assure you that you will be the first to know.

Any questions can be directed to myself, as Mr. Silkin will be out of town for the next couple of weeks.

Sincerely,

Adam Pearce

It'll be interesting to no longer be the only game in town as far as ROH diaries are concerned. Hope it goes well for you, and I think you're starting at a very interesting time. DBD was one of the most significant ROH shows in a long time, and interest in the Tyler/Davey main event was sky high. Hmm...I wonder if you'll have Tyler retain, as he did in real life?

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/AlexZimakas/roh-ring-of-honor-logo.jpg

Preview :

Heading towards our next iPPV, Death Before Dishonor VIII at the end of this month, live on GoFightLive.tv, Ring of Honor on HDNet brings you the best action that you can expect on any Monday night!

This week :

"The Havana Pitbull" Ricky Reyes will be in singles action against Kenny Omega

The Briscoe Brothers will be in action facing Embassy members Necro Butcher & Erick Stevens

Roderick Strong will be on hand and is said to have plenty of say to ROH Champion Tyler Black, Davey Richards and ROH Commisioner Jim Cornette

Eddie Edwards will be defending the ROH Television Champion

ROH World Champion Tyler Black will be in non-title action as he faces off with Shawn Daivari of The Embassy

Guest KingOfKings
It's only fair that I follow this. I know absolutely nothing about ROH but iv'e heard they wrestle pretty good in that promotion. Just kidding, I know they're awesome. You've got a reader.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/AlexZimakas/roh-ring-of-honor-logo.jpg

June Week 1, 2010 -

--------------[Opening Segment]--------------

ROH on HDNet comes on the air with Mike Hogewood and Dave Prazak welcoming us to the show, Prazak discusses that changes to Death Before Dishonor will be happening due to circumstances beyond ROH Management's control, The Motor City Machine Guns will not be able to live up to their commitments at this time due to Chris Sabin suffering a concussion during a match in another promotion and ROH wishes him a speedy recovery so that we may be able to bring the Motor City Machine Guns vs Kings of Wrestling in the future.

--------------[Match #1]--------------

Opening contest had everything that it should have, two guys who can make a match entertaining, get the crowd going and keep them interested from the beginning to the end - Reyes and Omega played with each other, Reyes taking the serious approach landing several of his very hard kicks - in the end though, it wasn't enough to stop Croyt's Wrath and Kenny Omega picked up the win.

Winner via pinfall : Kenny Omega

--------------[Match Rating : D-]--------------

--------------[Tyler Black is.... in the... back?]--------------

Backstage Kyle Durden conducts an interview with current ROH World Champion, Tyler Black regarding Death Before Dishonor VIII and his match with Davey Richards, which Tyler guarantees will be his greatest World title defense to date and possibly the greatest of his reign. This causes Durden to ask about Roderick Strong and what he might have in store for Tyler, which he simply answers that he'd just have to wait and see like everyone else.

--------------[segment Rating : D+]--------------

--------------[Match #2]--------------

Much to the surprise of Mike Hogewood and ROH Commisioner Jim Cornette, who joined the commentary team, Eddie Edwards accepted a challenge from Eddie Kingston and agreed to put the TV title on the line, despite the protests of Shane Hagadorn - there were times in this match where it seemed that Edwards may become the first former TV Champion, however, as Kingston whipped around for the Spinning Backfist, Edwards ducked under the shot, got Kingston on his back and hit the backpack stunner before locking in the Achilles Lock and forcing Kingston to tap.

Winner and still ROH TV Champion : Eddie Edwards

--------------[Match Rating : D+]--------------

--------------[Roddy is Rudely Interrupting]--------------

Following the match, Roderick Strong comes out from the back as Cornette is leaving the announce table and cuts him off motioning towards the ring, Cornette and Strong have words before Cornette storms to the ring and grabs the mic, red faced, Cornette yells at Strong to get whatever he has on his chest off of it already, causing the following dialogue :

Strong : No, really, Jim, it's not that big of a deal, I've obviously upset you

Cornette : Oh no, oh Hell no, you're not going to demand time on this show and interrupt me going to do my job and then act like a little brat who just got yelled at, you wanted something, now dammit, what is it?

Strong : Nothing

Cornette : Nothing?! What the hell do you mean "nothing" ?! You expect me to believe that all this damned crying, all the damned voice mails, hell, you probably sent me text messages too, but I'll be damned if I know how to read 'em! All of this and it's "nothing"

Strong : I want my title shot

Cornette : You had your title shot, Roderick, I've told you that, you'll get another one, now it's... Wait a second... Am I really explaining myself to a grown man right now? Are you boffing the Owner's daughter too?

After the comment and the crowd making their noise, Roderick kicked the bottom rope and yelled "I WANT MY TITLE SHOT, JIM!!!!" before storming out of the ring leaving the fans, the announcers and frankly, everyone else very, very confused

--------------[segment Rating : D ]--------------

--------------[Match #3]--------------

Necro & Stevens worked better together than a team who has only been tagging for a short time should, however, they were no match for the Briscoes, who put the members of the Embassy away in about 12 minutes with Jay pinning Erick Stevens following a Spiked Jay Driller

Winners via pinfall : Jay & Mark, The Briscoe Brothers

--------------[Match Rating : C- ]--------------

--------------[Match #4]--------------

The main event of the evening wasn't really so much a match as it was a showcase of Tyler Black's skills, which anyone who has watched Ring of Honor in the past two years had seen plenty of them, Daivari got some offense in, but it wasn't nearly enough and Tyler Black put him away in roughly 10 minutes with a Phoenix Splash

Winner : ROH World Champion Tyler Black

--------------[Match Rating : C]--------------

Dave Prazak sent us off the air with Tyler Black celebrating around the ring, doing the customary four corners showing off the belt

--------------[show Rating : D+]--------------

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/tvrdabomb/Wrestling%20Related/1259.png

Newsletter

Week 1, June 2010

- ROH Officials received word over the weekend that a major match which had been announced for Death Before Dishonor VIII is being forced to be cancelled as Chris Sabin of the Motor City Machine Guns suffered a Grade 3 concussion during a match with two other tag teams, it was hoped that he would have been given a release from a Doctor to return to the ring, however, they have been forced to back out of the show, promising to return as quickly as they can.

- ROH officals have been putting word out to numerous other tag teams to hopefully make up for the change to the card, no word yet on any takers

- Tickets are still available for Death Before Dishonor VIII in Toronto and the night before in Buffalo, NY more information is available on rohwrestling.com

- ROH officials are very happy to announce that in following up with the great match at Supercard of Honor V, SHIMMER will be represented again as Sara Del Rey will be in action but her opponent is none other than former multi-promotion Women's Champion, Lisa Varon, Varon has recently signed on with SHIMMER to assist with the backstage duties and will be making her first ROH appearance in Buffalo, NY

- It's been rumored that ROH fans will be given the opportunity to see for the first time in the US in an ROH ring, Nikita perform very soon, it may be remembered that Nikita took part in "Frontiers of Honour", ROH's joint show with Frontier Wrestling Alliance, in a 6-man Hardcore match teaming with Alex Shane & Ulf Hermann in a losing effort against The Family, we'll be updating you on this story as soon as we have more information.

- ROH Commisioner Jim Cornette was said to be visibly upset and concerned following Roderick Strong's outburst during the last television show, he has promised to have comments as the week progresses.

- Did you see the Buy 1, Get 100 Free DVD sale on rohwrestling.com? That's because it's not real... silly geese

- Talent for Death Before Dishonor weekend has been updated and the line-up is as follows :

* The Embassy (Prince Nana, Joey Ryan, Necro Butcher, Erick Stevens & Shawn Daivari)

* Eddie Kingston

* The Dark City Fight Club

* Kenny Omega

* Jay & Mark Briscoe

* Austin Aries

* The All Night Express

* ROH World Tag Team Champions The Kings of Wrestling

* Roderick Strong

* Kevin Steen & Steve Corino

* "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels

* Delirious

* Colt Cabana

* ROH TV Champion Eddie Edwards

* ROH World Champion Tyler Black

We will have more and updated line-ups as we move closer to Death Before Dishonor weekend.

- Be sure to check back with rohwrestling.com this week for the (semi) Video Wire

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6824/rohvideowire31510072.jpg

ROH (semi) Videowire

We’re reminded to head to GoFightLive.tv and order Death Before Dishonor VIII which will be airing in two weeks from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

[cut to]

http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0023/92/F1/92F15BFFA6AE1F92D2255F.jpg

Austin : Well boys, it’s right around the corner, Death Before Dishonor VIII and Ring of Honor all of a sudden doesn’t have someone for the World Tag Team Champions to face

[King & Titus nod and point back and forth]

Austin : That’s exactly my thoughts boys, I’ve called Cornette and everyone else in the office ever since I found out and boys, I think I can safely say that there isn’t another team more deserving of the opportunity!

[King chuckles and Rhett gives an “Ohhh yeahh”]

Austin : But first boys, I’ve already been told that we’re going to have a match on Friday night in Buffalo, it’ll be a little tune-up, nothing major to worry about, then we can look forward to those Tag Team Titles!

King : Kings of Wrestling, you might have gone to Japan and taken on some of the best teams over there, you might even have gone through all of the tag teams in Ring of Honor, but the only team that you haven’t faced yet is standing right here, The All Night Express isn’t just a name, baby, it’s because we can truly go “All Night”

[flash across the screen and cut to Jim Cornette]

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/GoP3fShdqkA/2.jpg

Cornette : You know, I’m a little tired of people thinking that they can have a little temper tantrum and get what they want, I came to Ring of Honor so that I didn’t have to deal with that Prima Donna, prissy crap and Roderick Strong, I never thought in a million years that I’d have seen something like that coming out of you, since the day that I came back to this company you’d done nothing but been supportive of me and all of the other guys in the back [Cornette shakes his head] I-I-I-I-I don’t know if you need to get on some kind of medication or what, but these little outbursts aren’t going to be tolerated, Roderick, you’ve been served your warning, if it happens again, I guarantee you WON’T like the results!

[Flash again and we’re treated to a video highlighting the ROH return of “Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels as well as a trailer for the latest ROH DVDs that are available – cut from there to Colt Cabana with El Generico, Generico is sitting in a chair with his head in his hands]

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/wwe/story_story/2010/02/09/roh_video_wire_2_9_10.jpg

Colt : Generico, c’mon man, cheer up, there’ll be other opportunities, look, we might even be able to get something happen the night before, what about that? [Generico shrugs his shoulders] C’mon man, I know you really wanted to get your hands on him, but after what happened, can you really blame them? [Generico looks up at Colt and looks to be getting upset, then stands up and throws the chair across the room and goes storming out of the room, Colt tries to go after him] Oh come on Generico! How are you going to get home? No one is going to pick up a masked hitchhiker in a cape! [Colt is silent for a moment, shaking his head as the camera moves around showing him center frame] Well... unless they’re headed to the nut house.

[Flash out for another Death Before Dishonor VIII promo as well as an “ROH on Tour” reminding of the upcoming debut in Nashville and following nights in St. Louis Area and Chicago Ridge and leads to the fade out on the first (semi) Videowire]

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/tvrdabomb/Wrestling%20Related/roh-ring-of-honor-logo.jpg

Official Preview

Heading to Death Before Dishonor VIII weekend, we’ll have some new matches announced on this week’s episode.

SHIMMER Champion MsChif will be in action this week facing off against none other than Daizee Haze.

Delirious will be in action facing off against an ROH Academy graduate, Andy “Right Leg” Ridge

Following the announcement last week regarding the World Tag Team Champions and Death Before Dishonor VIII, they will be in action this week facing The Super Smash Brothers.

After his outburst last week on HDNet, Roderick Strong will be in attendance and is said to have something to say to Jim Cornette regarding last week, he will also be in action facing “The Pretty Boy Pitbull” Kenny King

Tyler Black’s challenger for the ROH World Championship at Death Before Dishonor VIII, Davey Richards will also be in action as he faces a formal rival in Mark Briscoe.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/tvrdabomb/Wrestling%20Related/roh-ring-of-honor-logo.jpg

--------------[Opening Segment] --------------

Dave Prazak welcomes us to this week’s ROH on HDNet, Mike Hogewood was unable to be present for tonight’s show, so in his place is Kevin Kelly. Dave & Kenny run down what to expect tonight and then take us to the ring.

--------------[Delirious vs Andy "Right Leg" Ridge] --------------

Delirious and Andy Ridge put on an entertaining match to start things off tonight, as Delirious was attempting Shadows over Hell, The All Night Express, Rhett Titus & Kenny King made an appearance in the entrance way, Delirious noticed them, but still hit Shadows Over Hell for the win.

Match Rating : D+

Following the match, Delirious kept yelling at The All Night Express while Austin Aries came sliding in the ring and attempted to attack Delirious, however, Delirious turned around and Aries bolted from the ring leaving Delirious to watch

Angle Rating : D-

--------------[A Strong Statement] --------------

Dave Prazak and Kevin Kelly go over Roderick Strong last week and take us to pre-recorded comments from Roderick –

Roderick gives an open apology to Jim Cornette stating that he didn’t know what he was thinking and that he knew that what he was doing was uncalled for, promising to try harder and that he’s ready to step up at any time.

Angle Rating : D

--------------[sHIMMER Champion MsChif vs Daizee Haze] --------------

SHIMMER champion MsChif brought everything with her tonight, her screams, her flexibility, her SHIMMER title, however, in the end, Daizee Haze brought something more, anger and frustration, she was a bit more aggressive tonight than she normally is, probably due to the continuing issues with Austin Aries and The All Night Express... The finish came with Daizee working out of the Desecrator and hitting The Mind Trip for the win.

--------------[The Kings of Wrestling vs The Super Smash Brothers] --------------

ROH World Tag Team Champions, The Kings of Wrestling came with the same intensity as they always do, The Super Smash Brothers put up a decent enough fight, however, it only lasted about 10 minutes with the end result being Player Dos falling victim to KRS/ONE

Match Rating : C

Following the match, Hero tossed on the loaded elbow pad while Claudio tuned up Player Uno, as Hero went for the knockout blow, Jay & Mark Briscoe came running to the ring, chasing off The Kings – Jay Briscoe grabbed the mic and told The Kings that Cornette has agreed to give them their rematch at Death Before Dishonor VIII

Angle Rating : D-

--------------[Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a match] --------------

Prazak and Kelly put over the match that was just revealed and announced that two more matches have been announced! Austin Aries will face Delirious and Roderick Strong will face Steve Corino in a Pick 6 Challenge match.

--------------[Roderick Strong vs Kenny King] --------------

Roderick Strong & Kenny King put on a good 12 minute match, King got a little overconfident though and fell victim to the Gibson Driver allowing Roderick to pick up the win.

--------------[Davey Richards vs Mark Briscoe] --------------

For a Main Event match, this one was a bit short, but it was great for what it was, Davey Richards showed why he should be the next ROH Champion, while Mark Briscoe was a little bit distracted, it seemed, Mark climbed up top and was stopped by Davey who pulled him off into a modified Alarm Clock, following up with the DR Driver and picking up the win

--------------[show Rating : C-]--------------

Newswire

Week 2, June 2010

-ROH Officials are excited to announce that the night before Death Before Dishonor VIII in Buffalo, New York we will see a major tag team match – former multi-time Tag Team Champions Lance Cade & Trevor Murdock will be in Buffalo to face off with the greatest tag team in ROH history, The Briscoe Brothers.

- Due to circumstances beyond Ring of Honor’s control, the originally announced grudge match between Kevin Steen & El Generico has been cancelled, Ring of Honor officials have scrambled to give the fans something else they may enjoy and have come to an agreement and signed a rematch from Supercard of Honor V’s street fight! Kevin Steen will now face Colt “Boom Boom” Cabana – stipulations will be announced closer to Death Before Dishonor VIII, neither Kevin Steen nor Colt Cabana could be reached for comment.

- Nikita has officially agreed to an upcoming match with Ring of Honor, dates and opponents will be revealed when they are known.

- Ring of Honor officials have been in talks with some very exciting names to make appearances in the future and are reportedly very close to signing a few new names to compete full time with Ring of Honor, of course, more on this as it progresses.

- The line-ups are set for the weekend of Death Before Dishonor VIII things are looking to be very promising!

Buffalo Stampede II

Eddie Edwards vs Eddie Kingston in a non-title match

Joey Ryan vs Andy Ridge vs Alex Payne vs Rasche Brown in Four Corner Survival

Lisa Varon vs Sara Del Rey

The Necro Butcher vs Kenny Omega

Erick Stevens vs Brent Albright

Lance Cade & Trevor Murdock vs The Briscoe Brothers

Austin Aries & The All Night Express vs Delirious, Colt Cabana & Pelle Primeau

Christopher Daniels, Roderick Strong & Tyler Black vs Steve Corino, Kevin Steen & Davey Richards

Death Before Dishonor VIII

Colt Cabana vs Kevin Steen in a rematch from Supercard of Honor V

Austin Aries vs Delirious

The 2nd Annual Toronto Gauntlet (participants to be determined)

ROH World Tag Team Championship

The Kings of Wrestling vs The Briscoe Brothers

Roderick Strong vs Steve Corino

ROH World Championship

Tyler Black vs Davey Richards

Official Preview :

It's the final ROH on HDNet prior to Death Before Dishonor VIII weekend!

Scheduled for this week's episode, Sara Del Rey and Shane Hagadorn will be on hand to discuss the upcoming match with Lisa Varon on Friday night in Buffalo.

Eddie Edwards is the first man to throw his name in the hat for the 2nd Annual Toronto Gauntlet and as a "warm up" has demanded that he have a gauntlet match of his own.

Truth Martini has issued a challenge to Delirious to face a member of The House of Truth in singles action.

The main event will see "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels face off against one of his opponents on Friday night in Buffalo, Steve Corino

Week 3, June 2010

--------------[Opening Segment] --------------

Mike Hogewood is back and he and Dave Prazak welcome us to the show tonight – there’s a small run down of what we’re going to see this weekend as ROH is on the road in Buffalo and Toronto for Death Before Dishonor VIII live on iPPV

--------------[Match #1 – Christian Able w/Truth Martini vs Delirious] --------------

Fun match to kick things off this week, Delirious was entertaining as always, Christian Able wasn’t too much of a challenge as Delirious put him away in approximately 7 minutes with the Cobra Stretch

--------------[The Death Rey is Aimed] --------------

Kyle Durden is in the back with Sara Del Rey, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli and Shane Hagadorn, who takes the time to discuss Lisa Varon coming to Ring of Honor and challenging the Queen of Wrestling, Hagadorn tells Sara that this match is exactly what she needed to shut the doubters up and when it’s all said and done, he’s going to DEMAND that Sara Del Rey get a shot at the SHIMMER title at the next Ring of Honor iPPV.

Segment Rating : D-

--------------[Match #2 - Eddie Edwards in a Gauntlet tune-up] --------------

Eddie Edwards is out, sans Shane Hagadorn and tells the ROH roster that he’s going to win the Toronto gauntlet at Death Before Dishonor VIII – bringing out Grizzly Redwood who chopped at Edwards, went up top, but was stopped, tossed and tapped to the Achilles Lock – Edwards pushed Grizz out of the ring, bringing out Pelle Primeau who got the early jump on Edwards and took to the air, however, the momentum was stopped with authority when Pelle went for a snap suplex, Eddie sandbagged, turned it into a Falcon Arrow and followed up with a springboard moonsault eliminating Pelle – as Edwards was kicking Pelle out of the ring, Colt Cabana’s music hit, he came running down to the ring, ducked under an Edwards clothesline and immediately went to his Dusty Punches, followed up with the elbow to the head, sending Edwards into the corner, which gave Cabana the opportunity for the Flying A**hole, Edwards staggered out, Colt nailed Colt .45 and then stood over Edwards as the crowd was going nuts – Colt asks for the mic and sits down on the mat next to Eddie and makes fun of him laid out on the mat, reminding Eddie that Colt has a match, but maybe after he gets done with Kevin Steen, he’ll jump into the Gauntlet match, he never knows, but what he does know is that he’s going to be coming for that TV title and he wants a shot… SOON – Colt leaves the ring without making the cover leaving Todd Sinclair no choice but to count to twenty and declare Eddie Edwards the winner.

Match/Segment Rating : D/D+ (respectively)

--------------[Match #3 - “Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels vs Steve Corino] --------------

For the length that the match was, it was good – Daniels and Corino complimented each other well, Daniels has obviously been watching Corino’s matches as he had a counter for a lot of the moves that Corino attempted – Daniels attempted Angel’s Wings about ten minutes in, but Corino got out of it, whipping Daniels’ arm around and hitting a flatliner like move, finish came with Corino nailing Old School Expulsion, but didn’t want to cover, instead he yelled at the crowd, and as he went to pick up Daniels, was caught with an inside cradle by Daniels for the win.

Match Rating : C-

--------------[Final Segment] --------------

Mike Hogewood and Dave Prazak quickly ran down the events this weekend as Corino went crazy in the ring and Daniels rolled out, we’re thanked for tuning in and the show ends

Show Rating : D+

Final Line-ups

ROH Buffalo Stampede II

Four Corner Survival

"Sugarfoot" Alex Payne vs Andy "Right Leg" Ridge vs Rasche Brown vs Joey Ryan

Eddie Kingston vs ROH TV Champion Eddie Edwards

Necro Butcher vs Kenny Omega

Special Attraction Match

Christopher Daniels, Roderick Strong & Tyler Black vs Steve Corino, Kevin Steen & Davey Richards

http://smedia.gofightlive.tv/images/events/690.JPG

The 2nd Annual Toronto Gauntlet

Winner receives a guaranteed ROH World Title shot

featuring : Eddie Edwards, Christopher Daniels, Kenny King, Kenny Omega & Brent Albright

ROH World Tag Team Titles

The Kings of Wrestling© vs The Briscoe Brothers

Colt Cabana vs Kevin Steen

ROH World Title

Tyler Black© vs Davey Richards

Shows will be finished by Friday evening, so if you want to make predictions, go right ahead, I may even figure something fun to do wi-I mean for the winner.

Special Attraction Match

http://smedia.gofightlive.tv/images/events/690.JPG

featuring : Eddie Edwards, Christopher Daniels, Kenny King, Kenny Omega & Brent Albright

ROH World Title

Four Corner Survival

Special Attraction Match

ROH World Title

Buffalo Stampede II

Friday – Week 3 – June 2010

--------------[Opening Segment : Steve Corino & Kevin Steen] --------------

Fading in from the ROH logo and all of the appropriate opening portions, we’re looking upon Steve Corino & Kevin Steen arriving at the building earlier in the day, we can overhear Steen complaining about Generico and Cabana – Corino notices the camera as they throw their bags on their shoulders, though they keep walking as Corino addresses the camera –

Corino : Generico, we all know that there’s nothing really wrong with you, you’re doing this nonsense just to get out of a match with Steen and it’s pretty pathetic, if you ask me, but honestly, it’s okay, because we see what kind of person you are now, what kind of person we’ve always known that you were, you’re afraid of Steen and as a result, your good buddy Colt Cabana has to suffer, but that’s the way you want it Generico, you’re only delaying the inevitable and in the process, pissing off Kevin even more, it’s your funeral, kid.

Corino walks into the building and Steen barrels through the camera man.

--------------[“Sugarfoot” Alex Payne vs Andy “Right Leg” Ridge vs Rasche Brown vs Joey Ryan] --------------

Dave Prazak welcomes us to Buffalo Stampede II and he’s joined tonight in the booth by Chris Hero as Four Corner Survival is set to kick things off tonight.

Joey Ryan right off the bat goes after Alex Payne, tossing him to the outside, then irish whipping Ridge into Brown, who presses Ridge over his head and dumps him to the outside on top of Payne, leaving Ryan alone with Brown, Ryan tries running away from Rasche and fleeing the ring, but Brown grabs the back of his tights pulling him back into the ring, Ryan keeps trying to get away from Brown, but gets smacked around instead, Rasche attempts the Burning Hammer early, but Payne comes back into the ring, throwing dropkicks at Rasche until he drops Joey.

Finish came with Joey Ryan hitting a superkick on Ridge, superkick to Payne, which turned Payne right into Brown who scooped him up, hit a big boot on Ryan as he turns around and nails the Burning Hammer on Payne, picking up the win.

Winner : Rasche Brown via pinfall over Alex Payne in 7:20

Match Rating : D-

--------------[Eddie Kingston vs ROH TV Champion Eddie Edwards] --------------

Kingston and Edwards started at each other as soon as the bell rang and they didn’t hold anything back until the final bell.

Edwards did all that he could to keep things technical, but Kingston capitalized on a big mistake by Edwards nearing the eight minute mark when he went for a springboard moonsault, Edwards slipped on the rope, coming down hard on the back of his head, Kingston waited as Edwards slowly got to his feet and hit his spinning backfist and quickly covered for the win

Winner : Eddie Kingston via pinfall in 8:25

Following the match, Shane Hagadorn and Paul Turner checked on Edwards who was moving quite slowly

--------------[Lisa Varon vs Sara Del Rey] --------------

SHIMMER Challenge

Chris Hero remained at commentary with Dave Prazak, much to his surprise, commenting that he would just sit back and watch the Queen do what she does best.

The crowd came alive in this match, which started off with a good exchange, neither woman gaining the upper hand – a frustrated Del Rey rushed Varon with a clothesline attempt and got tossed to the outside.

Varon & Del Rey traded back and forth, near falls and submission attempts leading to the twelve minute mark or so, Sara Del Rey went for the Royal Butterfly, but Varon worked out of it, spun herself around and booted Del Rey in the stomach, lifted her and nailed the Widow’s Peak, goes for the cover and Shane Hagadorn breaks up the pin by pulling Varon off of Del Rey, Sinclair calls for the bell, disqualifying Sara Del Rey

Winner : Lisa Varon via disqualification due to Shane Hagadorn interference at 13:04

Match Rating : C-

--------------[DVD EXCLUSIVE : The Briscoe Brothers] --------------

Lisa Varon and the crowd are both upset over the end of the match, and she plays to the crowd who shows their respect as we flash to The Briscoes in the back getting ready for their match tonight –

Jay : Them belts is comin home tomorrow night, Mark, we gonna put a hurtin on them boys

Mark : That’s right baby, Kings of Wrestling gonna regret the day they crossed us, an’ we gotta fight tonight, too! Shoooooo

Jay : It’s just another weekend fo’ us! I hope these boys ain’t comin in tonight thinkin they gonna get some little baby match they used to, they ain’t never faced nobody like us before

Mark : Right! Them boys better be ready for a brawl, cause we comin to put somethin on ‘em.

--------------[Necro Butcher vs Kenny Omega] --------------

Necro Butcher was none too impressive in this match, the timing between the two was all over the map and sadly, the crowd wasn’t too impressed with what they put out tonight.

Thankfully the match didn’t drag on too far, Mr. Ernesto Osiris attempted to distract Omega and set him up for Necro, but moving out of the way and causing the collision of Necro & Osiris gave Omega enough to school boy Necro for the pinfall.

Winner : Kenny Omega via pinfall in 10:44

Match Rating : D-

--------------[Austin Aries & All Night Express vs Delirious, Colt Cabana & Pelle Primeau] --------------

Austin Aries played the perfect heel in this match, refusing the be in the ring at the same time as Delirious and barely having anything to do with Colt. Pelle saw a majority of the action in this one, playing the face in peril as the All Night Express showed that they were a serious team and due for their title shot.

Aries would tag in occasionally to deliver a few of his signature moves, but only to Pelle, or if Colt was being worked on, to Colt, we almost saw Colt nail the Colt .45 on Aries, but Kenny King broke up the attempt by taking out the knee of Colt Cabana.

Finishing sequence was a bit fun/chaotic, Austin nailed Pelle with the Brainbuster and locked in the Last Chancery, not paying attention to how close he was to the ropes, Delirious tagged in on Pelle’s foot and as Pelle started to tap, Austin stood up triumphantly, arms raised in the air to see Paul Turner making the “tag” motion, turned around into the screaming face of Delirious, Aries tried to rush over for the tag, but Colt came in, knocking both King & Titus off of the apron, Aries tried to escape the ring, but Delirious pulled him back in by his tights, Aries whipped around and swung at Delirious, it was ducked and Delirious slapped him, another swing, another duck, another slap – one more swing and duck, Delirious slapped him with both hands, Aries quickly scrambled to the corner and tagged in Titus, this lead to Delirious punishing Titus for a bit and then tagging Pelle back in for some retribution, which caused all six men to enter the ring, King went after Colt as he came in, Aries charged across the ring nailing Delirious and knocking him outside, King followed it up with a plancha on to Delirious and Colt as they both got up, Aries kicked Pelle in the head as he was getting up, Titus scooped him up for a Powerbomb, King on the apron flew to the top rope with the Blockbuster and The All Night Express both covered Pelle for the win

Winners : Austin Aries & The All Night Express via pinfall Rhett Titus on Pelle Primeau in 13:22

--------------[Erick Stevens vs Brent Albright] --------------

Hard hitting brawl from the beginning to the end, it’s obvious that Albright still has unsettled issues with The Embassy stemming from his previous feud with Claudio Castagnoli, who was working closely with The Embassy.

Albright and Stevens had something missing in the match, but it didn’t last too horribly long, Albright moved out of the way as Stevens came flying in for a corner avalanche, hitting a half nelson overhead suplex and following up with the Crowbar to pick up the submission win

Winner : Brent Albright via Crowbar Submission at 11:09

--------------[DVD Exclusive : PLUG TIME] --------------

A trailer runs for Supercard of Honor V highlighting the Roderick Strong – Tyler Black match.

--------------[Lance Cade & Trevor Murdock vs The Briscoe Brothers] --------------

Cade & Murdock got a good ovation from the Buffalo crowd, even getting a nice little chant prior to the match, Chris Hero was very interested in this match on commentary and didn’t have too much to say good about either team, Dave Prazak promised that we wouldn’t see a technical match here, code of honor is followed and the match got underway.

It was pretty exciting from start to finish, Cade & Mark started things out with Mark taking the upper hand until Murdock tagged in, Murdock and Mark beat on each other, as did Murdock and Jay.

Cade & Murdock got a majority of their signature moves in during the match, they both came out of this match looking very well – Mark was nearly pinned following the lariat/chop block combo, but Jay broke up the pin and eventually lead to the finish, which saw Jay get a hot tag and clean house, set up Murdock for the Jay Driller, only to be leveled by a lariat from Cade, Mark springboarded off the top rope with a flying clothesline himself, Murdock went up on the shoulders and fell victim to the Doomsday Device and was covered for the win.

Winners : Jay & Mark Briscoe via pinfall over Trevor Murdock in 22:17

Following the match, the fans were on their feet cheering for both teams, respect shown all around as Jay & Mark held up the arms of Cade & Murdock who received a “Please Come Back” chant from the crowd.

--------------[Christopher Daniels, Roderick Strong & Tyler Black vs Steve Corino, Kevin Steen & Davey Richards] --------------

What could have been a great match between six key ROH players turned into a five-way bickering fest, Roderick seemed distant to Tyler Black being his partner and argued with everything that he attempted while Daniels tried to play peacekeeper, Richards wanted all three of the other team while Steen & Corino mainly sat back and watched as the other four fought amongst themselves.

In the end, Davey stirred the pot after Tyler Black tagged himself in as Roderick ran the ropes, the two argued and had a shoving match in the middle of the ring, Davey dropkicked Roddy in the back, sending him to butt heads with Tyler and they both spilled out of the ring, though Daniels tagged himself in as Tyler’s arm flailed before he fell out of the ring, Steen & Corino stalked around each side of the ring, but Tyler & Roderick’s arguing and shoving match only gave them entertainment as Davey watched on hoping that they both killed each other, Daniels used the opportunity to roll Davey up and finally put an end to the match.

Following the match, more arguing and shoving matches took place as Daniels walked out disgusted

Winner : Christopher Daniels, Roderick Strong & Tyler Black via Daniels pinfall over Davey Richards at 25:08

Show Rating : C

(OOC : This was NOT what I was trying to post it looking like, but with my internet connection coming and going as it seems like it wants to, Photobucket not acting properly with me, etc, I had to re-start it like 5 times, hence the mega delay)

• 3 weeks later...
whooo..... craziness..... I'm coming back..... I spent my little bit of down time doing more booking - already almost through 2011, I'm going to get DBD8 posted shortly, bear with me, sorry guys, I started when I shouldn't have... but now it seems I can breathe a little better

Archived