August DOTM Nominations

RULES

1. You have 3 votes to either nominate or 2nd, 1 for each category

(The TigerKinney Rule)

You may substitute your Real World and Cornellverse nomination or 2nd between the two. The Rookie Vote must go to a Rookie Diary Category or be left unused

2. you may not nominate or 2nd yourself

3. All nominations need to be seconded to make the voting round

4. All nominations must include a reason

5. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

6. Rookie DOTM:any diary started since the first of the prior month, the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month, and not started by a Hall of Famer. (none diary threads are no longer eligible)

7. You CAN nominate the the winners from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (angeldelayette's "USPW-What? This Again?" )

8. You can NOT nominate dse81's "The New NWA"

9. You can NOT nominate tristram's "SWF: Now with added chunks"

10. a vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Real World DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=39102]The Final Countdown's Ring of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002)[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=73206]BoomKing's WCW 1999: The Kings Are Dead; Long Live The Kings[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=58732]jw_forever's WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=142186]Save_us.Necro's WWE 2010: The NXT Great Revolution[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=51187]Totti's WWF 1998: What if Bret had Stayed?[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=15014]Nevermore's ECW Worldwide[/thread]

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=106236]Clarity's Cedar Rapids Wrestling[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=47928]Phantom Stranger's TCW: A Quiet Retirement[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=105836]James Casey's SWF: Who Is Richard Eisen?[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=91072]Tigerkinney's BHOTWG: Stepping into the Inferno[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=131033]Rathen4's ACPW - Everyone Loves an Underdog![/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=75205]Dragonmack's The David Mack Chronicles: NYCW- The Homecoming[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=76110]TakerNGN74's Canadian Golden Combat: Reforming its legacy[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=157471]angeldelayette's USPW - What? This Again?[/thread]

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=164808]cmdrsam's MACW/WCW Jim Crockett hero or just another notch? [/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=152678]ajcrible's God Bless Texas- 1977 C-Verse[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=165055]Jaded's 'The Minor Annoyance' Rebel Yell presents Real American Wrestling[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=157831]TheLeviticalLawKid3's USPW: A Flash of Genius[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=153476]Eisen-verse's [- SWF -]: "The Incessant Need for Supremacy"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=166204]Stennick's California Pro Wrestling "CALIFORNIA DREAM'N" - '77 C Verse[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=165817]LoNdOn's HCG: The TOTAL Makeover[/thread]
  • [thread=170690]thepeopleschamp's World Championship Wrestling 2000 Russo Saves WCW[/thread]
  • [thread=171780]TheBlake's ECW: One Last Shot[/thread]

Nominations will be open until August 31st (12 pm Eastern)

Filling in for mistaken this month...hope everything goes smoothly!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RW:

[thread=58732]jw_forever's WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings[/thread]

C-Verse:

[thread=47928]Phantom Stranger's TCW: A Quiet Retirement[/thread]

Rookie:

[thread=164808]cmdrsam's MACW/WCW Jim Crockett hero or just another notch? [/thread]

Those are my nominations for the month, hence why I included them in the original post already. (I'm the one who created the topic using the Curator account, as mistaken asked me to fill in this month.)

C-Verse: Canadian Golden Combat: Reforming its legacy by TakerNGN74.

Reason: Well I like it and that should be reason enough.:D Seriously, this diary is a very good diary. It is easy to read and the non-show segments are great as well.

Rookie: MACW/WCW Jim Crockett hero or just another notch? by cmdrsam

Reason: It is an old school Mid-Atlantic diary, what is not to love about it? Well Final Countdown beat me to this. Therefore, I shall second this.

Real World: Ring of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002) by The Final Countdown.

Reason: Because this is hands down one of the best diaries on this board. Also because The Final Countdown posted an extra picture of Lacey for me and one can never get enough pictures of Lacey.

Guest cmdrsam
I am truely touched. Thank you. For years all I ever wanted was just a nomination. This truely has just made my day. Thank you.

C-Verse: I second Dragonmack's vote for Clarity's Cedar Rapids Wrestling. Clarity's a real good sport for letting some of us be a part of an amazing 0/0/0 starter dynasty.

Rookie: Gonna have to go with my friend Jaded's "The Minor Annoyance" Rebel Yell Presents Real American Wrestling. A quick moving dynasty (totally jealous of that) that features some real great characters and awesome reader input.

Real World: It's gotta be good for me to get into a real world dynasty. Therefore, I must go with my favorite promotion and one of my favorite dynasties. I second BHK's vote for The Final Countdown's Ring of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002). One of the only RW ones I can get into...just a great look at my favorite RW promotion.

Thanks for the nominations, guys! I feel honoured. :)

Real world I'll second BoomKing - http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73206&page=6 - fantastic diary and his most recent PPV was a phenomenal show.

C-verse is incredibly difficult as there are tons I like, but I'll go for Rathen4's ACPW - short shows, easy to read, and really fun to see how he builds the company up. http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=131033&page=6

Rookie, I hope I'm reading the requirements right - it's any diary started since 1st July, yeah? In that case, I'll go for TheLeviticalLawKid3's USPW: A Flash of Genius, because I love the way he's brought a bunch of indy talent into the fed but made it into a storyline and NOT Jesus-pushed them. http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=157831&highlight=%22flash+genius%22&page=5

I believe we should be up to date. If you spot any errors or oversights, please point them out.

Real World: Ring of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002) by The Final Countdown.

Reason: Because this is hands down one of the best diaries on this board. Also because The Final Countdown posted an extra picture of Lacey for me and one can never get enough pictures of Lacey.

Hands down? Sweet! :D

And you're welcome for the gratuitous Lacey picture. I may work another one in soon, just for you. :D

Real World: It's gotta be good for me to get into a real world dynasty. Therefore, I must go with my favorite promotion and one of my favorite dynasties. I second BHK's vote for The Final Countdown's Ring of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002). One of the only RW ones I can get into...just a great look at my favorite RW promotion.

Thanks very much! If you're primarily a C-Verse follower, I take it as a big compliment that you're enjoying my take on ROH.

Rookie, I hope I'm reading the requirements right - it's any diary started since 1st July, yeah? In that case, I'll go for TheLeviticalLawKid3's USPW: A Flash of Genius, because I love the way he's brought a bunch of indy talent into the fed but made it into a storyline and NOT Jesus-pushed them. http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=157831&highlight=%22flash+genius%22&page=5

seconded

I'd also like to nominate WWE 2010: The NXT Great Revolution by Save Us.Necro for Real World.

Who do I have to give a Stone Cold Stunner to to get NOMINATED?

Oh well...next month I suppose.

:) One can hope.

GHOST

This just went up, so there is a chance that you will be nominated.

I always wonder what makes something diary of the month worthy. I mean you see it all of the time, a diary may win or come close to winning one month and then the next time they are eligible for DOTM they are either not nominated or they only get one or two votes.

Merci Beaucoup to cmdrsam and Jaded for their votes of confidence! Truly, madly, deeply appreciated!

WWF 1998: What if Bret had Stayed? by Totti is my real world nomination. It's set in a time period that makes me all warm and fuzzy, is consistently brilliant, and it's got captain freaking Bradshaw in it!

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51187

For Rookie, I throw my ten gallon hat at Stennick and his California Pro Wrestling "CALIFORNIA DREAM'N" - '77 C Verse. I'm not much of a C-verse reader in all honesty, but this has really captured my imagination.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166204

Thanks a lot for the nom, Boom.

Onto my nomination, Boomking's work this month has been brilliant and I've loved Final Countdown's more aswell, but those guys have great rightly already through to the voting so I'll second JW's WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings. I've been getting into this recently and I have to give him kudos on trying to book three shows the way he does. It always possesses great quality and depth. Terrific work.

Onto my nomination, Boomking's work this month has been brilliant and I've loved Final Countdown's more aswell, but those guys have great rightly already through to the voting so I'll second JW's WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings. I've been getting into this recently and I have to give him kudos on trying to book three shows the way he does. It always possesses great quality and depth. Terrific work.

Thanks alot, really appreciate it. It has been pretty tough, but so long as I don't rush anything, I think I should be fine. Things are slowly taking shape now anyway, so I'm glad folks are enjoying it as much as I am. Thanks again. And thanks to FC for his vote, your support is much appreciated.

I'm not sure who I'm voting for yet. Oddly enough the RW is the toughest choice so far. Final Count Down, Big Papa, and some others.

I appreciate the thought, but my WCW project is not eligible.

I'm going to nominate James Casey's SWF and second Totti's WWF.

Not sure who I will be using my votes for, but I would definitely like to second Save_us.Necro's WWE 2010: The NXT Great Revolution. I've only just gotten back into it and I think he is doing a hell of a job. And the Bryan Danielson angle he is doing really has me intrigued.

This just went up, so there is a chance that you will be nominated.

I always wonder what makes something diary of the month worthy. I mean you see it all of the time, a diary may win or come close to winning one month and then the next time they are eligible for DOTM they are either not nominated or they only get one or two votes.

Probably several reasons, including some long time regulars wanting to show some support to newer writers. But I also think it speaks to the great quantity and quality of dynasties we have right now that the same ones aren't always the top vote getters every month.

Also I think those of us who have won before, or been nominated numerous times, while we continue to enjoy being nominated or winning, have kind of already established ourselves and don't mind letting others get their chance at recognition.

Part of it too stems from the fact that over time, this board gains and loses readers, either for a short time or an extended one. Having a vocal supporter take a leave of absence from here for awhile or permanently can cause that particular dynasty to perhaps not get someone championing it since its most vocal supporter isn't around that month to say they want to nominate it.

Archived