I'm just wondering, and I'm sure this has been discussed before, but would an online mode be a possibility for this game?

I'm not submitting this as an official suggestion, just something that is more of a discussion topic. It's likely too late to add something lke this in for WMMA3, but perhaps it's also one of the 'big' new features for the new game.

Basically, some of people's main complaints about this game are that it's not enough of a challenge and also not hard enough to take your promotion to the top against the AI opponents. If a Cornvellverse with promotions all controlled by humans was a possibility, it would be a lot more difficult.

Would an online mode work in this game? My own thought is that the game would have to be drastically retooled in order to make something like this work.

How would a mode like this work? Submit all your decisions and changes at the start of week and then the 'commisioners' simulates a pre-determined period of time? I'm not sure how it could work, but it might be fun if it was possible.

I know online leagues are big in other text-based sims like OOTP, so it could certainly add to the experience if it could be incorporated. I'm sure something like this has been discussed before, but I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on if such a mode would be feasible ...

it wouldn't work, if u ever played 2 or more players on ur own system u would know u have to wait till the other promotion finished there day to start ur turn. if u played online and the other person never finishes there day then u basically have to restart all over and find someone else. plus it would be very easy for someone to cheat and edit someones stats to max or even there promotions money.

it wouldn't work, if u ever played 2 or more players on ur own system u would know u have to wait till the other promotion finished there day to start ur turn. if u played online and the other person never finishes there day then u basically have to restart all over and find someone else. plus it would be very easy for someone to cheat and edit someones stats to max or even there promotions money.

Obviously simple things like not being able to edit finances and stats unless you are commissioner would be able to be implemented.

Also, I understand the day's dealing things, that's why I thought a mode like this could work as follows ... Every owner in the game does all the things they want to do for the week on the same day, say Monday, and then sends their file into the commish who imports them all and sims ahead one week, two week, whatever is decided in advance by the league.

Then the new file is released and you see all your new matches added to cards, hear back from fighter contract requests, etc etc.

Archived