Game world transition from game to game?

I have only played WMMA2, so I'm not familiar with how WMMA2 changed from WMMA1 in terms of the game universe.... Does it just advance forward a few years and all fighters are aged appropriately and new fights are added to their records with some older fighters retiring and new fighters cropping up?

How did the game world change from WMMA1 to WMMA2 .. is it expected a similar advance will take place from WMMA2 to WMMA3?

If so I'm excited to see how the game world changes ...

The game world was redone for WMMA2.

Some fighters went from vet to rookie, some stayed the same and others became even more grizzled. It's been too long to give many examples but James Foster started with a record of 17-2 in WMMA1 and had close to 40 career fights in the second edition whereas others suddenly started out 0-0. WMMA2 also got rid of pre-game fight histories and I wouldn't expect it to come back given all the time that it takes to create an accurate database.

WMMA2 also got rid of pre-game fight histories and I wouldn't expect it to come back given all the time that it takes to create an accurate database.

Which is a real shame. I understand the need to avoid delving into as a game developer, but as the consumer it would be amazingly immersive to have it included. :(

Archived