NYCW 2012: Gotham Unleashed

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/NYCW.jpg

Preview for the next episode of NYCW Empire TV...

-Following the unprovoked attack last week, an absolutely FURIOUS Billy Jack Shearer has demanded a match with Dazzling Dave Diamond. The NYCW board have signed off on the match, but hopefully we'll also get a little clarity on why Diamond decided to target Shearer before then.

-Also on the card, the Old School Principals, Rick Sanders and the Masked Mauler, will take on Whippy the Clown and a tag team partner of his choosing.

-Following their humiliating quick defeat last week, Stink of the Nation of Filth has vowed to show his partner Grunt how to get it done in the ring. Stink is certainly not looking to face any weak opponents, either - he's challenged NYCW Empire Champion Dean McWade to a non-title match!

-Plus, the New York Doll in action, and we'll have an announcement regarding the no-contest between Ford Gumble and Tribal Warrior from last week.

Prediction form:

Billy Jack Shearer vs. Dazzling Dave Diamond

Old School Principals vs. Whippy the Clown & ???

non-title: Dean McWade vs. Stink of the Nation of Filth

and...

When you see the words "Wrestler X in action" it often means a squash match is on the cards, so let's play a game of...

PICK THE JOBBER: (pick who the New York Doll beats on the show)

Running Wolf

Syd Collier

Jebediah

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and...

When you see the words "Wrestler X in action" it often means a squash match is on the cards, so let's play a game of...

Running Wolf

Syd Collier

Jebediah

Tough one to call (at least for me), but I like Shearer's monster character.

Old School needs some heat back. I see a DQ or interference by Brown.

Not even you would put Stink over here right? Right?...

Running Wolf

Syd Collier

Jebediah

Running Wolf and Jebediah have established gimmicks while Syd is just, well, Syd and could be repackaged and pushed in the future without the NY fanboys remembering his jobber days.

Prediction form:

and...

Running Wolf

Syd Collier

Jebediah

and...

Running Wolf

Syd Collier

Jebediah

I actually used Land Mass for over a year until he retired.As for not having enough brawlers with high menace, I am confused. Were you saying we didn't have that or that we are saying you don't have that?

If it's us, I don't know about 1PWfan, but I have had a crapload of those guys. Currently I have both members of Savage Fury, Big Problem, Puerto Rican Power and Ekuma, and I have had all three members of Painful Procedure ( including Man Mountain Cahill) and Dean McWade for an extended time, so I have in fact featured big brawlers with high menace quite frequently.

I actually used Land Mass for over a year until he retired.As for not having enough brawlers with high menace, I am confused. Were you saying we didn't have that or that we are saying you don't have that?

Yeah, I was saying you guys, but I was only being facetious about it. I need to remember to start putting smileys next to my sarcastic and/or silly comments.

(and to TheEffect - yes, I was being 100% serious. I expect that promo on my desk by Monday morning.)

(;))

and...

Running Wolf

Syd Collier

Jebediah

I have to say hats off to you in regards to New York Doll. I never know what the hell to do with him was the case in my old NYCW diary and is the case in my current personal game.

Okay I do think that Whippy is going to win but I really like the OSP.

Non-Title or not, I have a better chance of getting a date with Jennifer Love Hewitt than Stink has of beating Dean.

and...

Running Wolf

Syd Collier

Jebediah

Sid is the best out of that bunch.

Just wanted to post some thoughts on your response to my response to the show.

I won't give away spoilers this far ahead, but there's more to the New York Doll's push than meets the eye.

You don't have to tell me how good the Doll is- I've got him on ridiculously high potential as well, he's really improved for me too. Not as much as for you, evidently- at roughly equivalent time periods he's a potential main eventer for you and a really good upper-midcard player for me- but I'm a fan of The Doll and like what you're doing with him.

As for the so-called 'franchise players', I had a number of Bailey/Flash matches early on in my promotion, but Steve Flash got injured and his contract expired. When he came back from injury, he didn't want to work for me anymore. Des Davids is on my shortlist, so maybe I can look to him in the not too distant future, but boy oh boy - if anyone's upset with my choice of workers thus far, they're going to have a coronary when they see the next upcoming debut (and you would be APPALLED to know how long I used Land Mass despite his sucky stats).

I just want to say on this, I wouldn't say I'm 'upset' per se with your talent, more a case of 'I wouldn't go near this guy, but I'm not booking this and you clearly think differently' (I'm thinking particularly of The Nation here, though I do kinda like them despite the fact I'd probably never use them).

As for Land Mass, good for you. I hate monsters personally, but that doesn't mean they should never be used, and if you found a good way of doing that then that's brilliant.

Anyway, yeah the matches are short because I've only got an hour to work with. I've tweaked product settings so the fans don't expect 30 minute iron man matches or anything, plus I've pushed up angle ratio slightly for TV. I would definitely prefer longer matches, but at the same time, I've still got some guys (like the aforementioned Nation) who will blow up if they go over 10 minutes, so right now this is probably the best formula for me.

This is very good reasoning, and kinda what I thought. Plus, it is quite Old School in and of itself, which I respect. So yeah, this one's a good, solid bit of thinking that I respect. I've just never booked NYCW on TV so I was surprised at the match length- when I thought about it it made perfect sense.

(But, as an aside - the Nation's match this week was really short because of storyline reasons. I hope that was apparent. It's the old 'is Established Tag Team X really falling apart before our eyes?' routine.)

I hope not, but this is a personal bugbear of mine- I adore tag team wrestling, so if you're in a tag team you're stuck there for the rest of your career. But, again, you're the one booking this, and it's all your call. It's not like I'm gonna come round to your house and shoot you for doing things differently to me.

It seems I've received the most criticism from... the other NYCW bookers (and for the same reason too - OH YEAH?! WELL YOU GUYS DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BIG GIANT BRAWLERS WITH HIGH MENACE!). Which is fine, I really do welcome all criticism, but ultimately we've got three very different promotions and I think it would be boring as hell if there was 'one true way' to book the company. My personal idea for the promotion is to keep it at regional for as long as I can AND stay true to the old-school mentality of the fans for as long as I can. Some of the fans of this company are stuck in the 80's - they don't mind seeing overly muscular guys take on big fat guys in lousy matches. Is this a losing attitude? Will this bankrupt me and cause the promotion to fold? I don't care if it is, I'm having loads of fun with it.

I absolutely agree with this- I think all bookers tend to tell other bookers of the same company to do things their way, even unintentionally (and in my case it was more-or-less unintentional), and I think we've both been a bit guilty of this one. Certainly you book monsters more than I do-I've said before that I don't like them- but as I said with Land Mass, just because I don't like to book them doesn't mean I don't like to see them used, and if you like it then go ahead, I won't stop reading because of that. And you're approach is absolutely the right one if that's what you enjoy- this is, after all, your game, and you choose to share it with us, we don't tell you to. And I doubt you'll bankrupt NYCW- it's virtually impossible to not make a profit with the company, at least provided you don't spend shedloads of money on dumb stuff (like buying belts or building venues, which I've done).

I hope not, but this is a personal bugbear of mine- I adore tag team wrestling, so if you're in a tag team you're stuck there for the rest of your career. But, again, you're the one booking this, and it's all your call. It's not like I'm gonna come round to your house and shoot you for doing things differently to me.

Trust me, I loves me some tag team 'rasslin too. I've seen this angle go a couple of different ways in real life - either the team bounces back and they're stronger than before (usually after a heel/face turn depending on their disposition to start with), or they split and have a nice feud (but I already did this one with Painful Procedure, then I proceeded to painfully kick Hopkirk's annoying ass out of my company).

Of course, the other option is that their contracts are coming up and I'm not sure if its worth paying them what their asking price is for another X amount of months. ;)

I did go through my save today and shortlist a couple of potential candidates for new hires in the future, so the advice that I might want to look into a high workrate wrestler has been taken on board. You may not see anyone debut for at least a couple of months of in-game time though (some advanced booking plus I've been keeping my save 1-2 weeks ahead of the diary - plus if it's a guy who will instantly slot into either upper card or main event I like to come up with potential feuds/storylines for them ahead of time).

Upset win for the shooting star

Doesnt matter who it is. Masked Mauler's beatdown will still be as bad

and...

Running Wolf

Syd Collier

Jebediah

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/NYCW.jpg

NYCW Empire TV (Episode #4) Aired on National Pride TV in the late night timeslot on Friday, Week 1, July 2012

Held in front of 1,993 people at Pennsylvania Park

Taped on Saturday, Week 4, June 2012

-Dark Matches:

Avalanche def. Syd Collier

Grunt def. Jebediah

-Show open

The first sounds heard on this week's show were the opening strains of "Don't You Think This Outlaw Bit's Done Got Out of Hand" by Waylon Jennings, as Dazzling Dave Diamond, his main squeeze Cheerleader Nicki, and the Texas Outlaws - Buck Winchester and Marshall Dillon, all marched down to the ring.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/DazzlingDaveDiamond_alt3.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/CheerleaderNicki.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/CowboyBuckWinchester.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/MarshallDillon.jpg

Diamond had a smug grin on his face as he soaked in the heel heat. His lovely valet Nicki was noticeably attired this week in the burnt orange and white colors of the Texas Longhorns, which drew even more ire from the fans, most of whom were loyal supporters of local sports teams. Marshall Dillon stalked his way over to the ring announcer and viciously snatched the microphone away from him before delivering it to Dave Diamond and Nicki, who were apparently ready to talk.

NICKI: (getting her voice as shrill as possible) "What we'd like now... is for all you fat, lazy, unemployed Yankee sweathogs to shut your mouths and show some respect for the GREATEST Empire Champion of all-time - DAZZLING - DAVE - DIAMOND!!!!!!"

An atomic amount of heel heat followed as Nicki handed off the microphone to Diamond, who still retained the big smirk.

DIAMOND: "Ha ha! What you see in the ring before you is the finest collection of talent here in the NYCW. It's a little something I put together called the Lone Star Alliance, and Brown Family, I'm sorry to say, but we're now the premier group in this company. We've got Marshall Dillon and Buck Winchester - the Tag Team Champions, two mean hombres from Dallas that are so legit tough they aren't allowed anywhere near a shoot fighting event cause those MMA guys are scared of 'em. You've got the hottest babe in pro wrestling history - straight to us from San Francisco, Texas - Cheerleader Nicki!"

Up at the announce booth, Rock Downpour and Sue Danes were having a field day with that one. They addressed the viewers watching at home...

DOWNPOUR: "San Francisco, TEXAS?"

DANES: "Must be one of those little border towns not listed on the map."

DIAMOND: "And then you've got me... NYCW's resident Triple Crown winner, Dazzling Dave Diamond. Over the coming weeks, the rest of the NYCW locker room is gonna feel the wrath of the Lone Star Alliance."

"And it starts with YOU, BJ Shearer! I'm sure as you've been nursing that concussion I gave you last week, you've asked yourself what you did to deserve such a fate. You're not the only one. I heard that idiot Rock Downpour whining about it as Empire TV went off the air last week. I've seen it posted on the NYCW website. I've even heard you cretins out there yakking about it. (Putting on a nasally voice) Ooh! I don't get it! What's Dave Diamond's beef with Shearer! Waah!"

"Well it's real simple, Shearer..... It's all your fault."

"I blame you, and I hold you responsible for everything that's gone wrong for Dazzling Dave Diamond over the past few months. You see, these moron fans have very short-term memories. They're booing me now, but it wasn't so long ago that they were booing you too, Shearer. You and that deadbeat partner of yours, Randall Hopkirk. They were booing you because your antics were a threat to their precious NYCW. They were booing you because you threatened to walk out of here with the NYCW Tag Team Titles. They were booing you because you guys SUCKED! This was before the Texas Outlaws made their debut in the company, thus there were no established tag teams in sight that could stop the 'mighty' Painful Procedure. So the NYCW powers-that-be decided the only way to get the belts away from you two chuckleheads was to pair me, their hottest superstar, with... ugh... Dean McWade."

The mention of McWade's name caused some of the fans to start cheering.

DIAMOND: "Oh, you people make me sick. But... you make me sick even more, Shearer. If it wasn't for you, I would have never had to team with that lousy backstabbing Canuck. If it wasn't for you, Shearer, I wouldn't have been betrayed by that skank Vita. And just as an aside - I still don't know what she could have seen in a smelly, flannel shirt wearing, bacon eating hilljack... but hey, at least something good came out of Vita sneaking around behind my back. After I kicked her to the curb, I got myself a REAL WOMAN!"

Diamond pointed to Nicki, who started doing a ridiculous 'rah-rah' routine with her Longhorns pom-poms. More heel heat followed.

DIAMOND: "But what kills me most is that I lost my title - MY Empire Title - to McWade. That would have never happened if you and your butt buddy Hopkirk had just behaved yourselves. So as I said... I blame you, Shearer. And I'm going to take all of my anger and frustration out on you. These moronic fans can boo me all they want, but think about it for a minute, you jackals. I'm not the heel here. The real bad guy is that stupid caveman riding around on his Harley trying to impress all of you."

"So mark my words, Shearer... if you've got the guts to ride down here on your stupid little bike and get in the ring with me tonight, I don't care about winning the match. All I care about is hurting you. Tonight - you're going to get hurt."

Diamond tossed the microphone down as the newly formed Lone Star Alliance's music hit the speakers once again. This evening's main event just got that much more interesting.

(segment rating: D+)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/NYCWbanner-1.jpg

Match 1:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/Spike_alt4.jpg

The New York Doll

vs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/RunningWolf.jpg

Running Wolf

Since earning a title opportunity contract on the very first episode of Empire TV, the New York Doll has taken pleasure in playing some mind games with the current NYCW Empire Champion Dean McWade. Tonight, the would-be challenger is back in action, taking on up-and-coming Native American grappler Running Wolf.

Annnd... it wasn't much of a match, to be honest. Running Wolf looks to be an incredible athlete the size of a pro football player, but he still had a lot to learn when it came to in-ring acumen. The New York Doll took advantage of an early faux-pas by Running Wolf and never let up after that, ultimately finishing the match off with a reverse Russian legsweep, a finishing move the New York Doll calls 'Maimed Happiness'.

Winner in 04:54, The New York Doll (match rating: D-, Running Wolf was off his game tonight)

In the locker rooms backstage, we saw the trio of Avalanche, Marv Statler, and their manager Katie Cameron.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/Avalanche.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/MarvStatler.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/KatieCameron.jpg

The team were all casually seated around a television set playing a video game on the GameStation 6 called Super Thunder Pro Wrestling. Much to their chagrin, the boys were apparently being schooled by Katie C.

KATIE: "You boys are never going to win if you keep tryng that button mashing on me..."

STATLER: "Dammit. That's the last time I pick Sensational Dragon as my character. I was having better luck with that Konda guy."

AVALANCHE: "Wish they had some 'rasslers I knew in this game. I don't know none of these Japanese dudes that well."

STATLER: "Yeah, Katie. Why can't we play a game Ave and I are actually good at? Like the SWF SlapDown or whatever it's called."

Katie had a funny expression on her face, but before she could answer Marv's question, their locker room was invaded by the Heavenly Bodies, Richie Riggins and Steve Steel, and their manager Sienna DeVille.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/RichieRiggins.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/Steel_alt1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/SiennaDeVille.jpg

Sienna moved close to Katie, her voice taking on a mocking tone.

SIENNA: "Oh, Katie... still playing with children's toys, I see."

KATIE: "Bite me, Sienna."

SIENNA: "Ooh! Such wit. No doubt your computer game contraption there has kept it razor sharp."

KATIE: "What exactly do you want?"

Riggins and Steel stepped forward, getting up in the faces of Avalanche and Marv Statler.

RIGGINS: "We haven't forgot what the big goof here did to us a couple weeks ago."

STEEL: "Yeah. Poor Richie here cried for like, three hours after he woke up...."

RIGGINS: "<I>Shutup, dude!</i>"

STEEL: "Oh... yeah.... uhhh.... I mean, no, what I meant was - he cried for three hours because he's, in addition to being one of the toughest dudes on the NYCW roster besides me, he's a sensitive guy, like in a manly sort of way that chicks really dig, and uh... he felt sorrow for your mother, Avalanche... because... because, ya know... she won't be able to recognize you after we get our hands on you and take our revenge... and stuff...."

RIGGINS: "Yeah!!!"

Katie Cameron smirked at that exchange.

KATIE: "Wowww. Speaking of wits, Sienna - I'm VERY impressed. You've got yourself a pair of Oscar Wildes over there."

Sienna DeVille fumed at Katie. She didn't have anything to say to this.

RIGGINS: "So here's the deal, Avalanche and Marv - if that is your real name. You think you're pretty hot stuff because you picked up a lucky win against the Nation of Filth last week, but we're gonna put you in your places. We officially challenge you to a..."

KATIE: (interrupting Richie) "Sure, we accept."

RIGGINS: "...to a POSEDOWN next week on Empire TV!"

Riggins and Steel began their usual assortment of absurd muscle poses.

KATIE: "Wait... what?"

STEEL: "You heard us, bimbo. A posedown just like you'd see at the national bodybuilding championships. And you already accepted. If you back out now, we'll take that as a forfeit. And I think a win over you guys should make us number one contenders for the Tag Team Titles."

RIGGINS: "That's right. You've got a week to get yourselves knocked into shape. Better start hittin' up the Subway diet, ya fat losers."

Sienna and the Bodies powdered from the room at that point, leaving a flabbergasted Katie Cameron, a bemused Marv Statler, and a slightly P.O.'ed Avalanche to ponder what had just happened.

(segment rating: D)

Match 2: non-title match

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/DeanMcWade.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/Vita_alt.jpg

Dean McWade w/Vita

vs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/Stink.jpg

Stink

Believe it or not, it was Stink of the Nation of Filth who requested this match. His mission tonight was to prove a point to his tag team partner Grunt on how to get it done in the ring. The stinky one's ambition certainly wouldn't be called into question, that's for sure.

The two wrestlers locked horns in the center of the ring, Stink quickly going on the aggressive with an armlock and then hammering a couple of elbow shots into McWade's shoulder. McWade rapidly shoved Stink off and into the ropes and took the former co-holder of the Tag Team Titles down with a running kneelift. Stink used the ropes to pull himself back up, but McWade shot in there with a big clothesline that sent Stink crashing over the top rope and to the arena floor.

Stink duly recovered and slapped the ring apron in frustration, clearly not the start he had envisioned for this match-up. He carefully slid back in the ring and attempted a cautious tieup with McWade, nailing the Empire Champ with a surprise knee to the gut before slapping on a side headlock. Stink wrenched on the hold, but McWade powered out with a belly-to-back suplex. Stink again went out of the ring, this time slithering under the bottom rope - and again, the Nation of Filth member started slapping the ring apron in anger. McWade played to the crowd a little as Stink allowed Michael Bull to start counting. A lightbulb seemed to go off in Stink's head though, as he suddenly decided to walk around the outside of the ring towards where Vita was standing. Vita tried to retreat, but Stink gave chase. McWade immediately dived out of the ring to prevent his manager from being manhandled, and Stink rocked the champ with a running double axehandle square in the forehead. Stink pointed to his temple as if he were a brilliant mind and rolled McWade back in the ring.

McWade pulled himself back up but Stink was ready for him and connected with a scoop up into a shoulderbreaker. Stink ran the ropes and dropped a big legdrop across the throat of McWade and made a lateral press...

One...

...Two...

......Kickout!

Stink jumped in the face of Michael Bull, as if complaining about a perceived slow count was going to magically make the ref reverse his decision and give Stink the pinfall. He eventually turned his attention back to McWade, picking the champ up and whipping him into the turnbuckles. Stink charged in, but McWade raised an elbow and came out of the corner with a vicious charging big boot to the mush! McWade grabbed Stink by his dyed green beard and pulled him up into an inverted atomic drop, followed by a bodyslam. McWade dropped a pair of solid elbows on his opponent and went for a cover of his own...

One...

...Two...

......Th... no!

McWade picked Stink up and made like he was going to attempt a gorilla press slam, but Stink poked the Empire Champ in the eye and bought himself some time. He socked McWade with a couple of forearm shots and whipped him into the ropes, catching the champ with a hotshot across the top rope. McWade clutched at his throat, the air knocked out of him by the dangerous maneuver. Stink rolled the champ up with an outside cradle...

One...

...Two...

......no!

Again, Stink decided it would be a wise decision to yell at Michael Bull about the count. When that got him nowhere, Stink jumped out of the ring again and started stalking Vita once more. Vita wanted no part of the smelly old punker, and rightly attempted to flee. Stink gave chase, and a pair of circuits around the ring they ran until Vita decided to slide into the ring for safety. She quickly got up and made a dive for the ropes on the opposite side of the ring. Stink followed, but he never saw that McWade had recovered from the stungun. Stink ran headlong into a brutal Canadian Lariat from the blindside that turned him inside out. The count was a formality.

One...

...Two...

......Three!

Winner in 08:37, Dean McWade (match rating: D-)

Stink briefly held his own against the Empire Champion, but his decision to try and mess with McWade's manager to get in his head backfired. McWade had his hand raised by the ref and then immediately went to Vita's side to make sure she was okay. She seemed a little shaken up, but otherwise....

"All about that personality crisis... you got it while it was hot..."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/Spike_alt4.jpg

Speaking of trying to get in Dean McWade's head, here came the New York Doll down to the ring... and he had the contract in his hand! This looked to be it, we were going to have ourselves an impromptu NYCW Empire Title match right here, right now! McWade appeared to be perfectly okay with this. He helped Vita out of the ring and then waved the New York Doll on, inviting his challenger into the ring with him.

The New York Doll hopped up onto the ring apron, looked around at the hot crowd eagerly anticipating a title match and...

He jumped down off the apron and started casually walking back to the locker rooms.

The crowd were booing, getting all over NYD's case about the bait-and-switch. McWade looked beyond peeved. He punched the top turnbuckle in frustration and said something that our camera's microphones luckily didn't pick up, but lipreaders watching at home sure knew what the champ was saying.

The New York Doll continues to taunt Dean McWade.

(segment rating: D+)

Match 3:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/RickSanders.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/TheMaskedMauler.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/Streetz.jpg

The Old School Principals w/Streetz Brown

vs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/WhippyTheClown.jpg

Whippy the Clown & ???

Both Sanders and the Masked Mauler taunted Whippy as he came down to the ring alone. They obviously felt that Whippy was unable to find a partner to tag with him for this challenge, but the clown stopped halfway up the aisle and pointed back to the curtain with a huge grin on his face... out stepped...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/IslandBoyApollo_alt2.jpg

Island Boy Apollo!

Apollo certainly had his issues with the Brown Family recently, so he had every reason to team up with Whippy to get a measure of revenge. Even if it was for one night only, the combination of Whippy the Clown and Island Boy Apollo could very well be the most exciting, high-flying tandem ever seen in NYCW!

But the Old School Principals were intent on stopping the high flying antics before they even got started, as they rushed across the ring and attacked Whippy and Apollo just as the bell sounded. Mauler pounded on Whippy against the turnbuckle, whilst Sanders booted Apollo in the gut and whipped him into the ropes. However, Apollo came back at Sanders with a running dropkick out of nowhere, while Whippy simply ducked his head and backdropped Mauler up over the turnbuckle and down to the arena floor below. The babyfaces high fived one another and then ran the ropes, building up speed for a pair of stereo planchas to the outside! The Stomper vs. Whistler this was not, but the NYCW fans were still loving it.

Order was somewhat restored as Whippy rolled Mauler into the ring first, and that was good enough for Michael Bull to count them as the legal men. Whippy shot Mauler off into the turnbuckles and came charging in with a running butt bump against the buckles, Whippy knocking the air out of Mauler like a whoopee cushion. He took Mauler down with a snap mare takeover and tagged in Apollo, who performed a slingshot elbowdrop on the masked man and went for a quick cover, but the seasoned pro was out at one and a half. Mauler rolled to a vertical base and made a move towards his corner to tag in Sanders, but Apollo cut him off with an axehandle in between his shoulder blades. He pulled the Masked Mauler over towards a neutral corner and climbed up, looking for a flying bulldog, but Mauler shoved Apollo off and the Puerto Rican star went crashing down to the canvas.

Mauler took a moment to get his wits about him, then dropped a couple of knees into the side of Apollo's head. He finally made a tag out to Rick Sanders, who was all too happy to go to town on Apollo. The Tri-State Regional Champion focused on the legs of Apollo, stomping away on Apollo's knee, dropping elbows and knees without pause. He picked Apollo up and sent him crashing back down almost instantly with a dragon screw legwhip. Sanders smirked arrogantly and dragged Apollo back up to try it once more... but Apollo countered with an enzuguiri! Both men were down on the canvas now, with Whippy trying to amp the crowd up for a hot tag with some clowning antics on the ring apron.

Apollo dragged himself close to his corner, but Sanders was quickly back on his feet and prevented the tag by knocking Whippy off the apron with a cheap shot to the side of the head. Whippy took exception to this and tried to slide back into the ring to go after Sanders, but Michael Bull was in there to restrain the clown. While the ref was distracted, the Old School Principals took a moment to double team Apollo, driving the former Tri-State champ into the mat with a double vertical suplex. Mauler took the place of Sanders in the match without a tag and the match continued, the Masked Mauler working in a reverse chinlock on the usually exciting high flyer.

Island Boy Apollo was able to work his way up and strike his way out of the hold with a couple of forearm shots. Apollo ran the ropes and charged at a momentarily stunned Mauler, who hastily recovered and caught Apollo with a kitchen sink knee shot to the gut that sent Apollo somersaulting to the canvas clutching his abdomen in pain. Mauler dragged Apollo over to his corner and tagged Sanders back into the match, holding Apollo's arms behind his back while Sanders simply booted Apollo in the ribs a few times. Mauler let the limp Apollo fall to the mat and left it to Sanders, who locked a variation of the bow and arrow hold on him, looking intently at Whippy the Clown while doing so. The Old School Principals had worked over almost every appendige of Island Boy Apollo thus far, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise if Apollo had tapped, but the young man was resilient. Sanders eventually released the hold on his own and dragged Apollo up for more punishment. He set Apollo up for what looked like an inverted atomic drop, but Apollo leaped up and over Sanders' back! Sanders turned around and was caught by surprise with a jawbreaker.

Now was the opportunity for Apollo to tag Whippy back into the match. If he didn't, it would likely be all over for them. Sanders quickly shook the cobwebs off and crawled to his corner, tagging out to the Masked Mauler. Mauler jumped in and literally dived across the ring to make a grab for Apollo's ankle, but the youngster was too fast - he rolled over to his corner and made the tag! Whippy was back in the ring, and was he ever on fire! He unloaded with a pair of clotheslines on Mauler, then took Sanders down off the apron with a revenge cheap shot, before turning back to Mauler and leveling him with a textbook dropkick. Whippy went upstairs looking for a top rope manuever, but Streetz Brown tried to run interference by jumping up on the ring apron to distract Whippy...

It worked, as the Masked Mauler had enough time to climb up after Whippy and nail him with a couple of shots to the midsection. Mauler then nailed Whippy with a nasty release belly-to-belly superplex that shook the ring several times over. The move seemed to take a fair bit out of the Mauler too though, so he couldn't instantly capitalize and make the cover on Whippy. When he finally managed to crawl over to Whippy and put an arm over the clown, it was only good enough for a two count.

Mauler slowly picked himself back up and tagged in Rick Sanders, who looked hungry to teach the clown a lesson. He took his time, measuring Whippy up and connecting with some stiff boots all over the body. He picked Whippy up slowly and leveled him with a big European uppercut, then pulled Whippy back to him and did it again. Whippy fell limp against the ropes and Sanders did the old 'cutthroat' sign to the crowd, telling them this one was just about over. He dragged Whippy to the center of the ring and set the clown in DDT position, but Whippy blocked the move and countered with a rising shot to Sanders' gut with his upper thigh, then another, and another. Leaving Sanders' right arm behind Whippy's head, the clown placed his own right arm behind Sanders' back, and his right leg behind Sanders' right leg and then rolled forward, a unique pinning predicament known in Japan as the Gannosuke Clutch, but dubbed by Whippy the Clown as the 'Joke's On You'.

One...

...Two...

......Three!!!

Sanders couldn't escape! He had no idea what had just hit him!

Winners in 11:49, Whippy the Clown & Island Boy Apollo (match rating: D, discovered great chemistry when Whippy the Clown and Island Boy Apollo team together)

The babyfaces celebrated after the match, but Rick Sanders was absolutely livid. He wasn't going to forget about this one in a hurry.

The cameras quickly cut to the backstage area, where a situation had developed. A shaky camera was desperately trying to follow two men who were engaged in a knockdown, dragout brawl... a few moments later as the picture steadied itself, we could make out the participants - Ford Gumble and Tribal Warrior!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/FordGumble_alt.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/TribalWarrior.jpg

We were supposed to have some kind of rematch announcement this week, but instead the situation seemed to have devolved into this. Warrior went at Gumble with some stiff right hands, but Gumble was fighting back with lefts and rights of his own. The two tumbled into a catering table, sending trays of snacks and sandwiches flying everywhere. Warrior shoved Gumble off and reached down for the nearest weapon... a scalding hot pot of coffee... and tossed it at Gumble, who was very, very fortunate to duck out of the way just in time. He charged again and took Warrior down with a double leg hook and started wailing away on the big Samoan.

A few NYCW backstage workers had heard the ruckus and tried to separate the two men now, but as soon as Gumble was pulled off of Tribal Warrior, the big man got back up and jumped into the pile of officials to get at Gumble. Again, more lefts and rights were exchanged, and a security guy got slugged in the face from a wild haymaker as these two continued to go at it. Streetz Brown eventually arrived at the scene and tried to talk some soothing words into his client's ear as the two wrestlers were pulled off each other once more.

Our head road agent, and former NYCW Empire Champion, Black Hat Bailey was soon on the scene, and he stepped in between the two rivals being held back by security and backstage workers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/BlackHatBailey.jpg

BAILEY: "Alright... just got word from the committee. They signed a match for next week. You two are going at it in a rematch. Anything goes, no holds barred. You boys can get all your aggression out of your systems next week."

Both Gumble and Tribal Warrior looked happy with that announcement. There wasn't anything elegant about this newly developed feud, just two men who've discovered they really do not like each other. Next week's match should be a barnburner.

Main Event

Match 4:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/BillyJackShearer.jpg

Billy Jack Shearer

vs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/DazzlingDaveDiamond_alt3.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/liger_bomb/TEW/CheerleaderNicki.jpg

Dazzling Dave Diamond w/Cheerleader Nicki

Dave Diamond came down to the ring with just Cheerleader Nicki by his side, but one had to imagine that his new friends, the Texas Outlaws, were still skulking around the building somewhere. Shearer rode out to the ring on his motorcycle, and boy did the big man look pissed off tonight. One could see a slight bruise on the side of his head from the nasty chairshots Diamond dished out to him last week. Dave Diamond has turned the old adage of 'pick on someone your own size' on its head - but was he displaying more guts than brains here?

Shearer didn't even wait for the bell, he charged across the ring and floored Diamond with a brutal big boot to the skull. Diamond crumpled to the mat while Shearer roared in a rage which got the crowd all amped up. Shearer picked Diamond up and simply tossed the firery Texan across the ring with the most non-technical throw imaginable. Diamond was being manhandled in the early going here, but he managed to get things back on track by suckering Shearer into a straight low blow that the referee missed thanks to a disraction from Cheerleader Nicki and her rather sizable... pom-poms.

Diamond tore at Shearer's eyes with a rake, then fishhooked the nose and mouth of the big man, trying to rip Shearer's face off. Shearer elbowed Diamond in the gut to break free and went for a clothesline on Diamond that sent the Dazzling one toppling down to eat canvas. Shearer ran the ropes and went for a big elbowdrop, but Diamond managed to roll out of the way and simply booted Shearer in the side of the head while he was still down on the mat. Diamond must have hit the sore spot on Shearer's head, because the mad biker was writhing in pain after that one.

Triple D hoisted Shearer up and started ripping into his flesh with a series of knife-edge chops against the turnbuckles. Diamond climbed up to the second turnbuckle and continued to rake and gouge at Shearer's face, and even started biting into the forehead of Shearer before Michael Bull wedged his way between the two men and forced a break. Diamond wasn't kidding about wanting to hurt Shearer - it looked like he was trying to draw blood on the big guy. Diamond went after Shearer again with a straight right, but BJ fired back with a shot of his own that stunned Diamond. He came out of the corner with a charging elbowsmash that reeled Diamond, then Shearer simply tossed his opponent over the top rope and to the arena floor.

Cheerleader Nicki tried to come around to that side of the ring to check on her man, but Shearer was already out there by the time she got there. He pulled Diamond up and gave him a nasty headbutt that sent Triple D pinwheeling back towards the ring post. Shearer charged at Diamond, but Nicki pulled him out of the way just in time... Shearer SMASHED himself into the post at full speed, knocking himself senseless. Wearily, Diamond got back to his feet and managed to roll the big guy back into the ring. He could have attempted a cover there and then, but he wasn't interested in that at all. He stomped away on Shearer, putting a boot right across his throat and attempting to crush his wind pipe. The ref once again had to restrain Diamond, who started an argument with the official this time around. While Diamond and Bull jawed with one another, Nicki jumped onto the ring apron and quickly removed the padding from the top turnbuckle, exposing the steel coupling below. Diamond gave his manager a sneaky thumbs up sign and went back to work on his opponent.

He booted Shearer in the gut twice and then went for an Irish whip into the turnbuckle in question... but Shearer reversed! Diamond just managed to put on the breaks in time, a look of wide-eyed terror on face as he looked at the exposed steel of the turnbuckle, but as he turned around Diamond was greeted with a crunching football tackle from Shearer, spearing Triple D into the canvas. Shearer picked Diamond up in a scooping move and hit him with a running powerslam, hooking the leg and going for the win...

One...

...Two...

......Three... no! He kicked out!

Shearer banged on the canvas in frustration a few times, but he soon realized this was equal opportunity to put a hurting back on the man who knocked him out last week. Shearer grabbed a handful of hair and yanked Diamond to his feet, pushing him into the turnbuckles and climbing up to the second rope. Billy Jack then started wailing away on Diamond - the crowd counting along with every punch - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10! Diamond was on dream street after that, he wobbled out of the corner and did a Flair flop right onto his face. Shearer was feeding off the energy of the crowd now, ready to finish Triple D off once and for all. He picked Diamond up and lifted him over his shoulders in position for the Death Valley Driver, but Diamond managed to wriggle free and slide down Shearer's back, shoving him away into the turnbuckles in desperation...

It just so happened that the turnbuckles Diamond shoved Shearer towards were the exposed turnbuckles. Shearer smacked into them, sternum-first, and came back coughing and sputtering, trying to fight for breath. Diamond didn't give Shearer any chance to recover - he pulled the big guy straight into a DDT... but he didn't go for a cover. Instead he called some instructions out to Nicki, who reached into the pocket of her mini-skirt and produced a pair of brass knuckles! She tossed them into the ring to Diamond, who caught them and gave the crowd a snarky little grin. Michael Bull was reading Triple D the riot act, warning him of what would happen if he used the knux on Shearer, but Diamond didn't seem to give a damn. He waited for Shearer to get back to his feet and then rocked him with a VICIOUS shot to the side of the head. Diamond had knocked him out cold yet again.

Winner by disqualification in 13:01, Billy Jack Shearer (match rating: D+)

The cameraman closed in on a shot of Shearer, and we could see that the big man was now bleeding from a laceration on his head, but the beatdown had just begun. Triple D now waved down the Texas Outlaws to the ring, and the Lone Star Alliance went to work on Shearer, repeatedly putting the boots to him. Diamond called for the Outlaws to grab a table and set it up for him... whatever this was, it wasn't going to be pretty for Shearer.

Diamond picked an already limp Billy Jack up as a bevy of officials, road agents, and security tried to get to the ring in time to stop the assault. Dillon and Winchester slugged a couple of security guards off the ring apron and Diamond took Shearer and put him straight through the table with the Dazzle Driver!

Shearer lay there unmoving amid the shattered remains of the table. For the second week in a row, it was the Lone Star Alliance standing tall in the center of the ring. Can anyone stop these guys?

OVERALL GRADE: D+

Prediction results:

TheEffect - 2/4

MichiganHero - 2/4

ajcrible - 2/4

20LEgend - 3/4

Dragonmack - 1/4

Jingo - 3/4

BHK1978 - 2/4

Boltinho - 3/4

It's a three-way tie between 20LEgend, Jingo, and Boltinho - but as Boltinho was the only one to get 'pick the jobber' right, I've officially declared the mighty BOLTINHO the winner!!!

Congrats. You are now permitted to *insert silly and irreverent thing here*.

Prediction results:

TheEffect - 2/4

MichiganHero - 2/4

ajcrible - 2/4

20LEgend - 3/4

Dragonmack - 1/4

Jingo - 3/4

BHK1978 - 2/4

Boltinho - 3/4

It's a three-way tie between 20LEgend, Jingo, and Boltinho - but as Boltinho was the only one to get 'pick the jobber' right, I've officially declared the mighty BOLTINHO the winner!!!

Congrats. You are now permitted to *insert silly and irreverent thing here*.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I got as many right as him this is a fix!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:...

:p

Signs I'll be bringing to the next NYCW show

- Triple D hates kayfabe (I found the MMA comment a little too outside the suspension of disbelief personally)

- BITE ME SIENNA!

(I think that if Katie had delivered his line really quickly in "real" life it'd be really funny)

- Super Thunder Pro Wrestling>SWF Slapdown! (Hehe I get the references)

- DDD's logic = New York, Texas!

Signs I'll be bringing to the next NYCW show

- Triple D hates kayfabe (I found the MMA comment a little too outside the suspension of disbelief personally)

I figured it'd be him saying he's not a heel that would do it... but hey, it's a new age in wrestling. I hear 'em break kayfabe on WWE programming every now and then these days.

*goes into full-on Eric Bischoff/Lex Luthor heel mode*

"Security! Eject this man from the building!"

Ha, no way! I read the show before finding out I had been ejected, good stuff, I'm not banned from predicting am I?:( I'm sorry I really am!

(P.S I still deserved to win ;))

But joking apart, Are you doing ok financially with the TV deal?

I lost $18,000 after my first month of TV shows. A loss, but not a staggering loss (and part of the reason for this is because I made a silly, silly, dummy mistake and accidentally booked myself in The Ministry one week, which has a max attendance of 1,000 less than Penn. Park - I was playing the game at about 3 in the morning on a night I couldn't get to sleep, that's my only excuse). I believe I have more than enough to survive my first season on TV and then hopefully I have enough pop/clout/whatever to broker a better deal in renegotiations.

Archived