MAW: The Struggle For Power

Hey guys,

I'm really sorry that there have been so many delays lately. I'm (still) sick and have been REALLY busy between the fire department and work. I had all the free time in the world when I started this thing up and now I'm getting about 50 - 60 hours a week at work. I have come to the decision that I'll have to put this diary on hold. What I'm going to do is continue the next two shows so we can have closure at Where It All Begins Again. I appreciate all the support you guys have given me since I started this thing. I hope to have The Clash up tomorrow night, as long as I don't get called into work or have another string of fire calls. I hope you all understand.

Robbie

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

September was a quiet month for us. Nobody’s contract expired, so no negotiations were needed. We didn’t have any incidents backstage either. I wish we would have. Clare and I spent the four or five hours preceding the show going over things for the wedding. I had at least talked her out of having any crazy colors in the wedding. She had been trying to convince me to wear a bright green suit, but I was able to talk her into having a wedding with everything done in black and white. I had always envisioned it to be a cool idea to have all the pictures and video to be done in black and white, so why not make the colors black and white as well? We went through numerous things in the time leading up to the show, even going as far as setting a date. On July 15<sup>th</sup>, 2012 we would be married. It would allow us to go on a week-long honeymoon and be back in time for the show that month. Finally the time had reached 6 o’clock. We wrapped everything up and headed towards the locker room. I left Clare there and took a detour myself, heading to the front door to greet some of the fans as they came in. I knew that they were the ones that paid our wages and deserved to get a treat every once in a while. I stayed there for about half an hour and then headed to the dressing room to get ready. It looked like it was going to be another packed house.

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/MAWban.jpg

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/MAWClash.jpg

Friday Week 4 September 2011

Live from the MAW Arena

Attendance: 1000 (SELL OUT!)

Main Show

The crowd buzzes as the lights in the arena dim and the video screen above the entrance way lights up. MAW’s opening video plays, set to “Breathe Into Me” by RED.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> <embed src="http://www.clabobby.com/maw/02%20Breathe%20into%20Me.mp3" autostart="FALSE" loop="FALSE" align="CENTER" height="55" width="145">

<embed src="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="25" width="27">

Rating: D (47)

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/KC%20Glenn.jpghttp://www.clabobby.com/maw/Kid%20Toma.jpg

KC Glenn vs. Kid Toma

The crowd was hot for the opening contest and it had some decent action. Glenn came out of the gate and used his quickness and technical advantages to run circles around the Samoan for the first five minutes. Toma was at a clear disadvantage here and was taken down in some very creative pinning combinations for near falls. Toma was finally able to overpower the first man to gain entry into the 2012 RCI by catching him in midair and slamming him down with a powerbomb. Toma got a near fall there, but KC Glenn was still in the fight. Glenn kept trying to go back to his technical base, but Toma was able to stop him at every turn. Toma controlled the match into the tenth minute where he lifted Glenn up for his pyramidbomb finish, but Glenn was able to free his hands and spin around to an electric chair position. He bent backwards and snapped Kid Toma over with a reverse hurrincanrana that dumped him on his head. Glenn covered but only got two as the thick-skulled Samoan kicked out. Glenn got up and headed to the top rope, waiting for Toma to get up. Glenn leapt off, landing on Toma’s shoulders looking for a dragonrana. Toma caught him and folded his arms up before slamming him down with his pyramidbomb. Toma held on for the pinfal and picked up the victory in just over twelve minutes.

Winner: Kid Toma

Rating: C- (57)

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/Jack%20Avatar.jpg

As Kid Toma has his hand raised and stands over his fallen opponent, the crowd comes to life as the music of Aaron Fujita hits the system. After a few moments he pushes through the curtain with a microphone in hand, clad in his street clothes. He plays to the fans a bit as his music fades.

Aaron: You know it seems that about one year ago I had the same exact problem as I do now. Back then Mean Jean Cattley was attacking me from behind, like a coward. He wanted to rid MAW of me and what happened? I got rid of him. Now it’s 2011 and I’ve got a Samoan SWF-reject here doing the same damn thing. I can understand why you’d be upset Toma; you were once a part of a great tag team. Now you’ve gotten the boot by Richard Eisen and your partner is going it solo. I’d be upset too. But you’ve got to bust in here and immediately go after me. I’m done with these sneak attacks. You want to fight me, fight me like a man next month in that ring. The biggest stage MAW has to offer.

The crowd cheers at the proposal and Kid Toma simply smiles evilly and nods.

Rating: D- (40)

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/Riley%20McManus.jpghttp://www.clabobby.com/maw/Syd%20Collier.jpghttp://www.clabobby.com/maw/Jayson%20Van%20Pelt.jpg

Riley McManus vs. Syd Collier vs. Jayson Van Pelt

A short little match here. These three guys did okay. Riley McManus picks up another victory with a brainbuster in just over five minutes.

Winner: Riley McManus

Rating: E+ (32)

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/Jared%20Johnson.jpghttp://www.clabobby.com/maw/Cameron%20Jones.jpg

Jared Johnson vs. Cameron Jones

The crowd was fairly quiet during this match, but the action was decent. Johnson controlled most of the bout and finished Jones off by locking in the Carolina Crossface and getting the submission in just under six minutes.

Winner: Jared Johnson

Rating: D (44)

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/Huey%20Cannonball.jpghttp://www.clabobby.com/maw/Ace%20Youngblood.jpghttp://www.clabobby.com/maw/Jackpot%20Jordan.jpg

Huey Cannonball vs. Ace Youngblood vs. Jackpot Jordan

Another short little triple threat here. These guys did an okay job. Jackpot Jordan picks up the victory following a Cash In in just under five minutes.

Winner: Jackpot Jordan

Rating: E+ (34)

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/Ernest%20Youngman.jpghttp://www.clabobby.com/maw/Nelson%20Callum.jpg

Ernest Youngman vs. Nelson Callum

The action was solid, but only drew an average reaction from the crowd. Youngman had the crowd behind him as he took it to Callum. Youngman tried to wear his opponent down with a lot of high impact moves. It was working for a while, but Nelson took a cheap shot and went for the knee. With Youngman hobbling around, Callum began to dismantle his legs and was able to latch on his STF variation called the Honey Trap to get the submission victory in just under eight minutes.

Winner: Nelson Callum

Rating: D+ (51)

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/American%20Elemental.jpghttp://www.clabobby.com/maw/El%20Mitico.jpg

American Elemental vs. El Mitico Jr.

The crowd wasn’t very vocal here, but the action was good. These two masked men put on a Lucha clinic here. Neither man ever gained a clear advantage as they went hold for hold, move for move for the entire match. As they approached the nine minute mark, American Elemental snapped El Mitico Jr. over with a snap hurrincanrana and quickly made his way to the top rope. He came down in a front flip and landed the Inferno Splash to pick up the pinfall victory.

Winner: American Elemental

Rating: C- (55)

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/American%20Elemental.jpg

After the match had concluded, American Elemental retrieved a microphone and began to address the crowd.

AE: In one month’s time I will have the opportunity to capture my first American championship in nearly nine years. This is directed towards you, Barry Kingman. If you think I will bring anything but my A-game there’s a big surprise in store for you. I will leave with your Traditional Title next month.

Rating: D- (37)

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/MAWTraditional.jpg

Mid Atlantic Traditional Championship

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/Kashmir%20Singh.jpghttp://www.clabobby.com/maw/Barry%20Kingman.jpg

Kashmir Singh vs. Barry Kingman ©

These two put on a decent match, but the crowd reacted average at best. The match was very much oriented towards technical wrestling and brawling. The Traditional Champion took the fight to the mat as the match started. He clearly held the advantage here. Kingman continued to work over Singh with numerous submission holds. Singh began to fight back as they approached the nine minute mark, bringing the fight back up. The two traded blows, which allowed Singh to gain a small advantage. In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Barry Kingman defeated Kashmir Singh in 10:02 by pinfall with a Black Out. Barry Kingman makes defence number 8 of his Mid Atlantic Traditional title.

Winner: Barry Kingman

Rating: D+ (48)

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/Hugh%20de%20Aske.jpghttp://www.clabobby.com/maw/Jefferson%20Stardust.jpghttp://www.clabobby.com/maw/Lisa%20Bowen.jpg

Hugh de Aske vs. Jefferson Stardust w/ Lisa Bowen

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Jefferson Stardust defeated Hugh de Aske in 11:07 by pinfall with a Stage Dive.

Winner: Jefferson Stardust

Rating: D+ (52)

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/Jack%20Avatar.jpghttp://www.clabobby.com/maw/Kirk%20Jameson.jpg

Aaron Fujita vs. Kirk Jameson

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Aaron Fujita defeated Kirk Jameson in 18:22 by pinfall with a Quasi-Geostrophic Theory.

Winner: Aaron Fujita

Rating: C- (54)

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/American%20Patriot.jpghttp://www.clabobby.com/maw/Frankie%20Perez.jpghttp://www.clabobby.com/maw/Casey%20Valentine.jpghttp://www.clabobby.com/maw/Greg%20Gauge.jpg

American Patriot and Frankie Perez vs. Casey Valentine and Greg Gauge

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Greg Gauge and Casey Valentine defeated American Patriot and Frankie Perez in 24:29 when Casey Valentine defeated Frankie Perez by pinfall with a Deep Impact.

Winners: Casey Valentine and Greg Gauge

Rating: C+ (67)

Following the match, Valentine and Gauge decided to add insult to injury by attacking Frankie and American Patriot. The crowd booed loudly as the attack continued and seemed like it would never end. Finally after a few moments Kirk Jameson made his way down the entrance way and slid into the ring. Valentine and Gauge abandoned the ring in retreat as the show came to a close.

Overall Rating: C- (57)

Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents Where It All Begins Again

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/MAWWIABA.jpg

Friday Week 4 October 2011

Live from The MAW Arena

Doors Open: 6 P.M.

Bell Time: 7 P.M.

Main Event – Mid Atlantic Championship

Frankie Perez vs. American Patriot vs. Casey Valentine ©

Two friends put their camaraderie aside here as they face the new star of MAW, Casey Valentine. Frankie Perez earned this guaranteed shot at the richest prize MAW has to offer by outlasting seven other men in the 2011 Rip Chord Invitational. American Patriot inserted himself into the mix by redeeming the rematch he had coming after losing the title at the same show. After months of waiting everything comes to a head with one question on everyone’s mind; who will walk out as the Mid Atlantic Champion?

Grudge Match – For a Spot in the 2012 Rip Chord Invitational

Kirk Jameson vs. Greg Gauge

These two really broke out in MAW last year when they challenged The Awesomeness for the Mid Atlantic Tag Team Titles. They were successful and went on to become the dominant team in MAW. Earlier this year Greg Gauge felt wronged as Kirk Jameson began to get opportunity after opportunity. It led to a split of the team known as Technicality. The two men face off here, looking to settle the score. As if that wasn’t enough, MAW management has thrown a spot in the 2012 Rip Chord Invitational into the mix as well. Who will come out on top?

Aaron Fujita vs. Kid Toma

Ever since Kid Toma debuted here in MAW he has been a thorn in the side of Aaron Fujita. The former SWF star hasn’t given a reason for his abrupt attacks on who some are calling the uncrowned champion in MAW. Last month, Aaron said it was time to put a stop to things and challenged the Samoan to a match to settle whatever differences they had once and for all. Who will come out of what is sure to be a physical match on top?

Mid Atlantic Traditional Championship

American Elemental vs. Barry Kingman ©

American Elemental came up just short of winning the Traditional Title in his MAW debut. After the match he told Barry Kingman he was coming for his title. Now he gets his rematch against a man that has dominated the Traditional Title since coming in. Barry Kingman won the title in his debut match and the only real challenge he came up against was American Elemental. Can the masked man do just what he said he would last month? Will he capture his first American championship since he won the Coastal Zone Championship in 2002? Or will Barry Kingman repeat history and retain his title?

Also on the card:

El Mitico Jr. vs. Jefferson Stardust

KC Glenn vs. Hugh de Aske

Quick Match Listing

Frankie Perez vs. American Patriot vs. Casey Valentine ©

Kirk Jameson vs. Greg Gauge

Aaron Fujita vs. Kid Toma

American Elemental vs. Barry Kingman ©

KC Glenn vs. Hugh de Aske

El Mitico Jr. vs. Jefferson Stardust

• 6 months later...
I wanted to stop here and check in. I know its been a while but I've got more free time on my hands and the itch to write. Would anyone be interested in a revival of this diary? I've got 4 years of gameplay on the save that I could write up and post. I just wanted to gauge the interest.

Guest codey
I'd sure be interested. I forgot how far into this one you got, and you're a good enough writer that I want to read more.

Two readers is enough for me! I actually stopped writing WIABA two matches shy of a full event, so I'll try and finish that up tonight. Codey, I think I was almost two full years in when I stopped. I'm just about to enter 2016 on the save. I think I'll have plenty of stuff to go over! Plus I'll need to come up with some reasons for the edits I did to the game. The most major things that I did were edit contracts to keep workers when they had signed somewhere else. And I came up with story that brought MAW into some money. Sit back gents, I think it'll be a helluva ride!

Allright guys. I'm sorry that I had you all hyped up about bringing this thing back. I started to look through the history and didn't really realize exactly how much of my booking was only because it gave me good results. I'd feel really dirty if I used this save to continue a diary. I do still have the itch to write and plan to come up with a new story and a new save to feed that urge. Be on the look out for it in the coming days or weeks.

Robbie

And once more I toy with your expectations. I just cannot leave this diary untold. This game has been my baby for a long time now and I feel that I have to continue it. So what I've decided to do is give Years In Review to recap what had happened in a nutshell from the time it stopped to now. Which ironically is almost exactly 4 years game time. I'm going to get working on the 2012 Year in Review tonight and hopefully will have it posted before midnight. I thank you all for your support as I bring this thing back to life!

Robbie

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->

Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents - 2012: A Year in Review Part I

2012 was a big year for MAW. The company grew and gained momentum, all the while still providing some of the best wrestling in the country. But it was the end of 2011 that planted the seeds for one of the most talked about Mid Atlantic Title reigns of all time. One young man cemented himself as THE star of MAW and while he had already been champion for quite some time, his victory at Where It All Begins Again 2011 launched his career.

So let's start there; Mid Atlantic Wrestling's biggest show of the year. Going into Where It All Begins Again 2011 there were five matches that diehard MAW fans were anticipating. The first of those was Barry Kingman defending the Traditional Title against American Elemental. Elemental had been taking MAW by storm and stealing the show every month. He had his eyes on gold and Barry Kingman was just his victim. The two opened the show and immediately got the crowd involved. American Elemental gave Barry Kingman a run for his money (and his gold) throughout the match, but in the end Barry Kingman used Elemental's high flying to his advantage. After missing a high risk move from the top rope, Kingman went on the attack and was able to make the masked man submit to retain the Traditional Championship.

Aaron Fujita had been the focal point of vicious attacks two years in a row. In 2010 it was Jean Cattley feeling resentment that Fujita had come into MAW and taken his spot. In 2011 MAW saw one of SWF's resident Samoans make his presence felt. Everyone knew the contest would be nothing more than a fight. Fujita and Toma did not disappoint. The match was very physical and hard hitting from minute one to minute sixteen. In the end it was Fujita that was able to plant the Samoan with two consecutive QG-Theory piledrivers to pick up the victory.

2011 also saw the collapse of the tag team division. Kirk Jameson and Greg Gauge had set the tag team scene on fire and went on a long reign as Tag Team Champions. Jealousy prevailed as Greg Gauge felt he was being slighted while his partner was getting all the high profile matches. Everything came to a head in October as the two finally met in a grudge match with a spot in the 2012 Rip Chord Invitational on the line. In what can be described as one of the better matches of the year, Kirk Jameson was able to make Gauge submit to the Kirk Hold to earn the personal victory.

And finally came the main event. Casey Valentine stunned the world when he defeated American Patriot for the Mid Atlantic Title in January. Frankie Perez eagerly awaited his shot at Valentine for winning the 2011 RCI. American Patriot slyly slipped into the title picture, invoking his rematch clause to slot himself into the main event of the biggest show of the year. These three men battled each other with the Mid Atlantic Title on the line. Perez and Patriot worked well together early in the match but their friendship broke down as it progressed. It was now every man for himself with a lot of back and forth action. Frankie Perez looked to have the belt in his grasp after planting American Patriot with the Perfect Parity in the center of the ring. The champion was there to break up the count and pounce on the worn down Frankie Perez. After disposing of Patriot with a brainbuster, Casey Valentine hit a sickening version of his Deep Impact to get the three count on Frankie Perez and successfully retain his title.

To be continued......Up next 2012

Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents - 2012: A Year in Review Part II – The Mid Atlantic Title

The Mid Atlantic Title

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/MAWHeavy.jpg

Mid Atlantic Wrestling kicked 2012 off as they did every year; the Rip Chord Invitational. The tournament carried an extra amount of buzz with it. Casey Valentine made history in December when he announced he would enter himself in the eight man tournament. Along with Valentine came the Mid Atlantic Title which he vowed to defend throughout the tournament. The field featured MAW’s best top talents and a few of the younger guys looking to break out and into the spotlight. KC Glenn, Greg Gauge, Aaron Fujita, Jefferson Stardust, Frankie Perez, American Patriot, Casey Valentine and Kirk Jameson filled out the tournament and the card was set. The opening round saw KC Glenn defeat Greg Gauge, who had weaseled his way into the tournament after losing his match at WIABA, Aaron Fujita defeat Jefferson Stardust, Frankie Perez defeat American Patriot and Casey Valentine retain his title against Kirk Jameson. Valentine continued to build momentum as he defeated Frankie Perez during the second round to retain his title and move into the finals. Aaron Fujita came out of the other side of the bracket by defeating KC Glenn. The fans of MAW were on the edge of their seats and solidly behind Aaron Fujita as he challenged Casey Valentine for the title and the RCI crown. The match went nearly thirty minutes with Fujita inspired by his passion for capturing one of the most prestigious titles in America. Valentine was motivated to complete one full year as Mid Atlantic Champion. The two battled hard and when the bell rang it was Casey Valentine who cleanly defeated MAW’s resident meteorologist to retain his title and earn the honor of winning the 2012 Rip Chord Invitational.

While January was highlighted by the tournament that made MAW, the rest of the card didn’t disappoint either. The show also included young Mexican up-start El Heroe Mexicano capture the MAW All Action Title and the rematch between Barry Kingman and American Elemental for the Traditional Title. This time Elemental came out on top and captured American gold for the first time in almost a decade.

Casey Valentine began to grow as MAW’s top star. After winning the RCI he bragged that he did not owe anyone a title shot at WIABA 2012. Casey was not taking it easy as champion either. He was an egotistical youth, but never hid when it was time to defend the title. MAW owner Rip Chord interjected himself into the situation and assured Casey that he would be defending the Mid Atlantic Title in the main event of the biggest show of the year. In the coming months it would be determined that Aaron Fujita would receive the title shot.

Tension built in the months leading up to the big showdown and finally it was upon them. Valentine had lived up to his word, defending the title month in and month out. The two men met in the main event and absolutely tore the house down. In what still stands as one of the classic matches in MAW history, Valentine and Fujita took each other to the limit. Fujita looked to have the match won several times, but while the champion was not well liked, his heart could not be ignored. Valentine kicked out of Fujita’s two main finishers; the QG-Theory piledriver and the top turnbuckle brainbuster. Fujita was not to be outdone and kicked out of Valentine’s signature Burning Hammer-esque Deep Impact on three separate occasions. The fourth time was the charm however as Valentine mustered his last ounce of strength and planted Fujita once more. Valentine was able to get the three count and successfully retain his title at WIABA for the second year in a row.

Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents - 2012: A Year in Review Part III – The Lower Level Belts and More

The MAW Traditional Title

2012 was kicked off seeing American Elemental finally defeat Barry Kingman to capture the Traditional Title. His reign did not last long however, as he promptly vacated the belt two weeks later in an announcement on the MAW website. He claimed that he deserved bigger and better things and did not want to keep an opportunity from any of the young guys in MAW. So a Four Corner Survival match was set for February’s event, Wrestling Classic, to determine a new champion. Jacob Jett emerged from the match with the gold, defeating El Mitico Jr, Kashmir Singh and Nelson Callum. Jett defended the belt, much to his disgust, throughout most of the year until he met KC Glenn in August at The Battle of the Mid Atlantic. KC Glenn proved to be the supreme athlete and defeated Jett to capture the Traditional title. In an unfortunate turn of events KC Glenn ended up injuring his knee in the final moments of the match and was put on the shelf for an extended period of time. MAW management put faith into Glenn, but was finally forced to strip him of the title two months after his injury. So one more time in 2012 a match was set to determine a new champion. At the biggest stage in MAW, Where It All Begins Again, El Mitico Jr emerged as the new champion when he defeated Jefferson Stardust, Kashmir Singh and the visiting SOTBPW star Soul Taker. Mitico held on to the belt for the remainder of 2012 and began building its prestige back up with his quality of matches.

The MAW All Action Title

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/MAWAllAction.jpg

El Heroe Mexicano finally lived up to all the hype from the MAW fans when he won the brand new All Action title at the Rip Chord Invitational. The young masked Mexican tore up the bottom of the card in MAW as he defended his title month in and month out. He turned away challengers such as Lassana Makutsi, Rob Reynolds, Lenny Brown and Edward Cornell. His reign would last for seven months until Summer Heatwave in July. He put the belt on the line in a triple threat match against Hugh de Aske and Soul Taker. The pirate shocked the fans as he caught Soul Taker with a superkick out of nowhere and picked up the victory to capture the gold. Hugh would go on to close out the year as champion, defeating a number of challengers. Angel de Mexico, Lenny Brown, Lassana Makutsi and others were all denied gold by way of Hugh de Aske’s prowess inside the ring.

Notes about the Company

2012 turned out ot be quite the year for Mid Atlantic Wrestling. They rode the wave of momentum created by the 2012 Rip Chord Invitational in January and used another tremendous show in Febraury to expand their product. Now being classified as a Regional promotion, MAW set their sights on the top. The most notable event for MAW in 2012 was their debut on television. Executives from the new network Adrenaline TV approached MAW about a weekly TV show that would broadcast in the Mid Atlantic, Great Lakes, South East and Tri-State regions. MAW executives held a lengthy meeting with Adrenaline TV and came to terms on a deal. MAW Wrestling made its debut on the network the first week in June. The show was headlined by a tag team match pitting Aaron Fujita and Frankie Perez against Casey Valentine and Greg Gauge. The TV run was to be short lived though. Per the terms of the contract, MAW was free to terminate the program after their “pilot” within the first month of the season. MAW executives decided to do just that, citing a lack of consistent resources as their reasoning. MAW management would be the first to admit that they had bitten off more than they could chew and felt it was best to take a step back and continue their slow growth.

Many names came and went in 2012, but this year marked the arrival of some of MAW’s current stars. 2012 would see promising young talents such as Edward Cornell, Lassana Makutsi, Lenny Brown and Josh Jones make their MAW debuts. Cameron Vessey made his long awaited return to MAW as well. Maw also parted ways with former MAW mainstays, Ricky Turner, Riley McManus and Ace Youngblood. Steven Parker capped off the year, making his return to the company as well. Several talents said goodbye to MAW and moved on to bigger and better things. Jay Fair, Greg Gauge, Ernest Youngman and Nelson Callum all left on good terms.

MAW also moved into a new building in August 2012 as well. The new venue/headquarters was built adjacent to what was now dubbed “The Old MAW Arena.” The new home was re-dubbed “The MAW Arena” and served as an event venue as well as a business headquarters. The move was costly, but the extra capacity would quickly turn expenditure into profit.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->

Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents - 2013: A Year in Review Part I – The Mid Atlantic Title

The Mid Atlantic Title

2013 kicked off with the eighth installment of the Rip Chord Invitational. This year the eight man field was populated by Frankie Perez, Kid Toma, Aaron Fujita, El Heroe Mexicano, KC Glenn, American Patriot, Barry Kingman and a young newcomer Domini DeVito. DeVito stormed on to the scene in mid 2012 and immediately began his rise. In the opening round of the tournament Frankie Perez defeated Kid Toma; Aaron Fujita defeated El Heroe Mexicano; KC Glenn beat American Patriot and Dominic DeVito beat Barry Kingman.

The second round provided more good in-ring action as Frankie Perez was able to defeat Aaron Fujita to advance into the finals of the tournament. On the other side of the bracket DeVito defeated KC Glenn and moved himself into the finals as well. As those two men prepared for their battle, the focus turned towards the Mid Atlantic Title.

Steven Parker had defeated Jacob Jett earlier in the show to receive a shot at Valentine’s title. Parker gave Valentine a run for his money, but Casey Valentine was able to hit the Deep Impact and successfully retain his title. Valentine had extended his claim of being the longest reigning Mid Atlantic Champion to a two year title reign. In the finals of the RCI, Dominic DeVito continued his amazing run by defeating Frankie Perez to capture the crown and the guaranteed title shot at Where It All Begins Again.

Everyone thought the main event of MAW’s biggest show was set, but tensions built between Aaron Fujita, Dominic DeVito and Casey Valentine. Fujita was able to pick up a non-title victory over Valentine in February at Wrestling Classic. Valentine wanted a re-match to prove that Fujita had gotten lucky. He saw his opportunity to make that happen in April. Fujita and Dominic DeVito had been having run-ins with each other and their tension finally came to a head when DeVito put his title shot on the line. The Mid Atlantic Champion interjected himself into the match when referee Scott Styles was knocked out. Casey planted DeVito with the Deep Impact and scurried from the ring, allowing Fujita to pick up the victory and take Devito’s place in the main event at WIABA.

Fujita played mind games with Valentine in the months leading up to their match. Fujita cut a series of breathtaking promos about his passion and desire for the Mid Atlantic Title. All the while Casey Valentine was still living up to his word, defending the title month in and month out. The two men continued on their own parallel paths until they finally curved and crossed each other in November. For the second year in a row Where It All Begins Again was headlined by Casey Valentine defending the Mid Atlantic Title against Aaron Fujita. The contest was just as good if not better than their match one year earlier. The fans were captivated throughout the twenty-seven minute two out of three falls contest. The match was very back and forth all the way through and the first fall was not seen until the fourteen minute mark. Fujita was able to slip out of the Deep Impact and plant Valentine with a packaged piledriver followed by the QG Theory to pick up the all important first fall. Both men took the next minute or so to recover a bit and then the action was right back at the forefront. Fujita controlled the next few minutes, but a well placed low blow outside of the referee’s view allowed Valentine to take control. At the twenty minute mark Valentine planted Fujita with the Deep Impact and tied the match up at one fall a piece. Again the two men took a minute to catch their breath, but when they went back to it, they went non-stop for the next seven minutes. Both were physically tired and it was showing. Their strikes became weaker and weaker as the match wore on. As they entered the twenty-sixth minute, Aaron Fujita tried to set up Valentine for his turnbuckle brainbuster, but Valentine was able to sunset flip out of the attempt. Fujita then turned to his QG Theory piledriver, but Valentine was able to kick out. Aaron lifted Valentine up for a second QG Theory, but Valentine slipped free and hoisted the challenger onto his shoulders. He planted Aaron with the Deep Impact and picked up the third fall to successfully retain the Mid Atlantic Title in the main event of Where It All Begins Again for the third year in a row.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->

Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents - 2013: A Year in Review Part II – The Lower Level Titles and Promotion News

The Traditional Championship

El Mitico Jr. proved to be a dominate champion after securing the belt at Where It All Begins Again in 2012. The masked luchadore defended the belt against anyone that MAW management deemed worthy of a shot. He turned away young talents such as Syd Collier, Jared Johnson, Cameron Vessey, Kashmir Singh, Angel de Mexico and Rob Reynolds. Throughout the year a rivalry developed between Mitico and Kashmir Singh as they competitively tried to determine who put on the highest quality matches in MAW’s midcard. All of that finally came to a head when Singh earned himself a title shot by defeating the champion in a non-title match. The two squared off in October at Where It All Begins Again. It was a hard fought match, but Kashmir Singh was able to capture the title from Mitico one year to the day that the masked luchadore had won the belt himself. Singh closed out the year as champion, proving once again that MAW’s midcard champions were always willing to defend their title. After winning the belt in October Singh put his gold on the line at every event through the end of the year.

The All Action Championship

The All Action Title was another hotly contested championship in 2013. Hugh de Aske entered the year as champion and would continue to defend his title against all-comers. He developed a rivalry with Angel de Mexico over the belt in a best of seven series that culminated in May with the pirate retaining the title. He carried the belt into July, marking one year as champion. It was in July that former champion El Heroe Mexicano emerged as a challenger and told the world that he wanted his gold back. Mexicano claimed that Hugh won their triple threat match one year prior, but he hadn’t defeated the masked Mexican patriot. Hugh granted Heroe a title shot in July which turned out costly. Mexicano successfully defeated the pirate to re-capture the title and begin his second reign. Heroe put his gold on the line against some of the business’ best young talents such as Ernest Youngman and Lassana Makutsi and came out victorious each time. It was Angel de Mexico that showed he really knew how to work things in the industry as he again found himself nestled close in the title picture. After a tag team match in August in which the winners would be pitted against Heroe in a triple threat match for the title in October, Angel de Mexico and Jefferson Stardust earned the honor. At WIABA, Mexico finally realized his year long quest as he pinned Jefferson Stardust to become the new All Action Champion. For the second year in a row El Heroe Mexicano had lost the title without being pinned in a multi-man match. Angel de Mexico was the first to take a back seat to competing valiantly to defend his title. He defended often, but never accepted any real challengers. He said he was playing it smart by only offering shots to young, unseasoned talents such as Syd Collier, Miller Forde and Jared Johnson. Angel would close out 2013 as the champion and look to 2014 as a year to launch himself up the card.

The Alternative Championship

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/MAWAlt.jpg

The debut of a second monthly show for MAW saw the debut of a brand new championship. The Alternative Title was created in May to give the younger talents on the MAW roster a prize to strive for. The first champion was crowned at MAW Wrestling 2 when The Midnight Prowler, using his Jacob Prowler moniker, defeated Jefferson Stardust, Lassana Makutsi and Syd Collier in a Four Corner Survival to capture the belt. Using his ring presence and ego to gain a following by the fans, Prowler dominated the lower card for three months before coming face to face with the South’s young star, Josh Jones. Jones was given a shot at the title by Prowler at MAW Wrestling 5. The champion had become so arrogant that he didn’t take Josh seriously. This proved to be his downfall as Jones was able to roll the champion up and capture the belt in August. Prowler would enact his rematch clause when MAW returned to the South East in September, but would fall short in regaining the title. Prowler was embarrassed and promptly asked for his release from MAW so he could get away from the shame his Jacob Prowler moniker now had. Prowler left MAW that same month and Josh Jones began restoring prestige in MAW’s lower tier. Jones’ first reign with gold wouldn’t last for long as MAW newcomer Philippe LeGrenier challenged for the title at MAW Wrestling 8 in November. Philippe would come out on top of a triple threat match also including Syd Collier and begin his first run with MAW gold. LeGrenier would hold off challengers through the rest of the year and close out 2013 as the Alternative Champion.

Promotion Notes

2013 was the year for expansion in MAW as they began running a second monthly show, MAW Wrestling, in the South East region every month. The rainbow Bar and Grill hosted the show and turned out to be MAW’s first home away from home.

The other big news story was the return of Davis Wayne Newton. NOTBPW had decided not to renew Newton’s contract and MAW management jumped all over the opportunity to have the talented youngster back. DWN signed a contract in March and immediately began cementing himself as a constant threat to the Mid Atlantic Title.

2013 also saw the return of Ernest Youngman. Fresh off of an SWF contract Ernest came back and was setting the midcard on fire. As the year progressed SWF came calling to the price of Ernest Youngman, Lenny Brown, Steven Parker and Kid Toma. KC Glenn left to pursue a career in Japan and Cameron Vessey left to explore other American options. With all the departures, MAW also saw its fair share of debuting talents. Philippe LeGrenier, Austin Smooth, Tigre Salvaje Jr, Masked Cougar and Remmy Skye all came into MAW. The two hottest young talents to make their way under the MAW banner were Felipe Caballero and El Generico. Both showed a lot of promise, but needed to be developed and that was the perfect project for Rip Chord.

Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents - 2014: A Year in Review Part I – The Rip Chord Invitational and Mid Atlantic Title

The Rip Chord Invitational

MAW kicked off 2014 as usual with the ninth annual Rip Chord Invitational. The tournament had a bit of added spice this year as the field of wrestlers expanded from eight to twelve. The format of the tournament remained the same with three rounds of competition, with the twist that the finals were a 3 way elimination match. The field of talent was top notch and saw Aaron Fujita defeat Masked Cougar, Remmy Skye defeat El Heroe Mexicano, Kirk Jameson defeat Barry Kingman, Frankie Perez defeat Jacob Jett, Dominic DeVito defeat Hugh de Aske and American Patriot defeat Nelson Callum in the opening round.

The semi-finals were highlighted by a fantastic hard hitting battle between friends Frankie Perez and Aaron Fujita. Fujita was able to defeat Perez and the two shook hands after the match. Not to be outdone, Remmy Skye and Dominic DeVito put up a strong contender for Match of the Night with their back and forth battle. Remmy Skye came out as the victor in that contest. In the third and final semi-final match-up American Patriot defeated Kirk Jameson.

So it was on to the finals pitting Remmy Skye, Aaron Fujita and American Patriot against one another with a shot at Casey Valentine’s Mid Atlantic Championship at stake. The fans were on the edge of their seats as these three men went out and put on one hell of a show. The match only last fifteen minutes, but it was fifteen of the most action packed, exciting minutes in MAW history. The match started off with some innovative three-way chain wrestling that would make Sam Keith grin. The match then turned to a hard hitting contest. Remmy Skye was a bit out of his element here but was quickly able to make up lost ground by taking the match to the air. American Patriot was the first to be eliminated by Aaron Fujita after a QG Theory piledriver. After the three count had been administered Fujita collapsed to his back, exhausted from his matches. He had let his guard down for a split second and Remmy Skye tried to capitalize. Remmy came off the top rope with a shooting star press and picked up a believable near fall. After Aaron had kicked out, Skye went to work wearing Fujita down more. Aaron made a comeback and had a series of believable near falls himself after landing a lot of high impact moves but in the end it was Remmy Skye that picked up the crown after a hurrincanrana and second shooting star press. Remmy Skye had won the 2014 Rip Chord Invitational.

The Mid Atlantic Championship

Casey Valentine opened the year by defending his title against Davis Wayne Newton. Newton had closed out 2013 with some very impressive victories over the stars of MAW and that earned him the title shot at the RCI. Valentine was able to come out on top after a Deep Impact and retained his title. After the match had finished and Newton had left the ring, Remmy Skye emerged from the back and confronted Casey Valentine. The two men simply came face to face and exchanged inaudible words. The build towards Where It All Begins Again had begun. Now entering his third year as Mid Atlantic Champion, Casey Valentine no longer needed to prove anything to anybody, but that didn’t stop him from taking on all-comers. The fans had grown to resent Valentine for his egotistical attitude, but Valentine had the skills to back his words up inside the ring.

The feud between Casey and Remmy began to heat up as they each picked up momentum-building victories. The road into March was filled with promos by each man that hyped up their impending confrontation. The two of them finally decided that they could not wait until October to step into the ring and a non-title match was set for Super Showdown in March. Remmy Skye surprised the champion and the fans alike when he defeated the champion with a shooting star press. The victory did nothing but build momentum in Skye’s favor as they continued towards the big stage in October. Both men continued their year by picking up victory after victory. Skye defeated the likes of Frankie Perez, American Patriot and Davis Wayne Newton while Casey continued to defend his title and emerge victorious. At Old School Rules in May, El Heroe Mexicano stepped up to the plate against Valentine, challenging the champion in the opening moments of the show. Mexicano claimed he had become a star over the last year and had already proved his worthiness of a title shot by some of the victories he had accumulated. It was all truth and Casey Valentine granted him his match. The two went out and tore the house down with a certain Match of the Year candidate. The crowd was solidly behind Heroe and he fed off of their energy. Mexicano was able to hang with the champion but ultimately succumbed to Valentine’s Deep Impact. Valentine celebrated after the match as Heroe recovered and grabbed a microphone. He congratulated the champion on the victory but told Casey it would not be the last time that they would meet.

In August at The Battle of the Mid Atlantic, Rip Chord had announced the first ever Good As Gold Ladder Match. The winner of the match would receive a shot at the Mid Atlantic Title that could be cashed in at any event, at any time. The four participants in this ground breaking match were Aaron Fujita, Dominic DeVito, Jacob Jett and El Heroe Mexicano. The match took a toll on every man’s body as they fought to capture the golden briefcase. Some of the highlights included DeVito powerbombing Jett from the top of the ladder down through a table inside the ring, Fujita landing his reverse 450 splash on DeVito who was sandwiched between a ladder and Jacob Jett dumping El Heroe Mexicano off the ladder with a belly to back suplex. As the match entered its twentieth minute DeVito and Fujita battled atop a ladder directly underneath the briefcase as Heroe and Jett recovered on the mat below. DeVito and Fujita traded right hands as the ladder teetered precariously. Mexicano was the first man to recover on the mat and set up a second ladder adjacent to the other. Slowly he scaled the rungs and soon pulled even with Aaron and Dominic. At that moment, DeVito reached up and grabbed a handful of Fujita’s hair, driving Aaron’s skull into the top of the ladder. Fujita fell backwards and landed on his feet, dazed from the blow. Heroe and DeVito battled each other from two different ladders momentarily as Jacob Jett rose to his feet and made a beeline for Mexicano. Fujita recovered enough to approach DeVito from the back. Jett tried desperately to yank Heroe from the ladder, but Mexicano fought the attack off with kicks to the face. Finally on the other side of the ring, Fujita spring boarded off the top rope and brought Devito down to the mat with a sick tornado DDT. Jacob Jett had perched himself on the top rope across the ring and leapt, landing a dropkick to the legs of Heroe’s ladder. The ladder began to tip over, but Mexicano was able to step to the second ladder and escape falling to the outside. This was the opening he needed as he reached up and unhooked the golden briefcase to win the match and capture another shot at the Mid Atlantic Title.

Just one month before their highly anticipated match at WIABA Casey Valentine and Remmy Skye met once more in a tag team match at The Clash. Skye chose El Heroe Mexicano as a partner and Valentine recruited the help of Darryl Devine. Valentine and Skye were separated for the first ten minutes of the contest, but they finally met. Each man’s fury came out as they traded stiff blows in the center of the ring. Confusion set in as all four men started brawling, causing Scott Styles to lose track of the legal men. As the match crossed the fifteen minute mark, Valentine planted Mexicano with the Deep Impact on one side of the ring and Skye came down upon Devine with a shooting star press on the other. Both men covered and the referee counted simultaneous pin falls, resulting in the match being declared a draw. The fans were a little unhappy about the result, but they were quick to change their tune when Valentine and Skye began brawling in the middle of the ring. The locker room emptied and Rip Chord helped the crew to separate the two men to preserve the main event of the biggest show of the year.

One month later Skye and Valentine finally met one on one with the Mid Atlantic Title hanging in the balance. The match lasted nearly twenty five minutes and while it may have been overshadowed by other matches on the show, it was a good contest in its own right. The match started out with a lengthy feeling out process as Remmy Skye impressed people with his chain wrestling skills. One man would put the other in a submission hold, but the other would be quick to escape and reverse the hold into one of his own. The pace quickened as they crossed into the twelfth minute and didn’t slow down from there. Casey Valentine controlled the match throughout the next five minutes but could not find a way to put Skye down. Remmy came back after landing a clothesline out of nowhere that put both men down in the center of the ring. The crowd exploded as Skye was first to his feet. The two men traded blows in the center of the ring and eventually Casey caught the advantage, planting Skye with a sit out powerbomb. Valentine climbed to the top rope, but was met with a leaping enziguri to the back of the head from his opponent. Skye got to his feet and charged across the ring, leaping into the air and snapping Casey over with a hurrincanrana. Skye saw his opportunity and climbed to the top rope, steadying himself for the most important shooting star press he had ever executed. He nailed it and hooked the leg, looking to end Valentine’s three and a half year reign as champion. The crowd was in an uproar as Scott Styles hand slapped the mat twice and then stopped just inches from counting Casey’s shoulders down. Valentine had kicked out and brought the crowd into a frenzy. Skye frantically lifted Valentine to his feet and began working him over, trying to set the champ up for another high impact move. He was successful, leaping from the turnbuckle and planting Casey with a tornado DDT. Skye went up top once more and came down with another shooting star press. This time Valentine was able to get his knees up and Skye collapsed to the mat in a heap. This was the only opportunity that Valentine needed to lift Remmy onto his shoulders and dump him on his head with the Deep Impact to pick up the victory and successfully defend his title at WIABA.

Both men lay motionless on the mat for a few moments as they gathered themselves up. Skye rolled out of the ring and was helped to the back as Valentine received his title belt. The crowd booed loudly as Casey pulled himself to his feet, looking very worn down from the contest. Suddenly the music of El Heroe Mexicano hit the arena and the crowd erupted as he jogged to the ring carrying his Good As Gold briefcase. He handed the case to Scott Styles and cashed in his title shot. The bell rang and Heroe took control immediately. Valentine was able to put up a fight, but only eight minutes into the match, Mexicano delivered his reverse hurrincanrana that dumped Casey on his head. The nearly 4500 fans in attendance went NUTS as Heroe covered and picked up the three count to capture the Mid Atlantic Title and end the three and a half year reign of Casey Valentine.

The two title matches of the night were only overshadowed by an epic 60 Minute Iron Man Match between Aaron Fujita and Davis Wayne Newton. Fujita emerged the victor by pinning Newton as time expired to edge ahead three falls to two.

Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents - 2014: A Year in Review Part II – The Lower Level Titles and Promotion Notes

Kashmir Singh carried the Traditional Championship into 2014 with big things on his mind. He showed up on nearly every show that MAW put on for their fans and defended the title. As the company entered March, Lassana Makutsi emerged as a man that wanted the Traditional Title. He used his slick negotiation skills to insert himself into title match after title match. Lassana received no less than six opportunities at Singh’s gold, but came up empty handed every single time. Then finally he convinced MAW management to insert him into the title match already set for Where It All Begins Again. Rob Reynolds had defeated Edward Cornell to receive the shot, but was not alone now as Makutsi ahd been inserted into the match. The three men put on a good show and Lassana Makutsi was finally able to capture the gold when he pounced on the perfect opportunity. Kashmir Singh had just planted Rob Reynolds with the Bombay Duck and was just about to go for the cover, but Makutsi rushed in and tossed Singh to the outside, claiming the pinfall for himself. Makutsi had won the Traditional Title.

Angel de Mexico entered 2014 as the All Action Champion. His reign produced no rivalries. The masked luchadore would simply come to the ring each show and issue an open challenge to anyone in the back that felt they deserved a shot at his title. Angel turned away numerous challengers such as Rob Reynolds, Josh Jones, Tigre Salvaje Jr and more. In May at Old School Rules, Mexico’s open challenge was answered by Philippe LeGrenier and he proved to be the man that could get the job done. Philippe emerged victorious and was crowned the new All Action Champion. Just two weeks later at MAW Wrestling 15, Angel de Mexico emerged from the back after LeGrenier’s first successful title defense against Jared Johnson and told the champion that he would be using his rematch clause in October. So their rematch was set for WIABA. Just two weeks prior to the event, Josh Jones would win a four way elimination match at MAW Wrestling 19 to claim a shot at the title for himself. He went to MAW management and demanded he be placed into the title match on MAW’s biggest stage, which they granted. So Angel, LeGrenier and Jones all met in a one-fall-to-a-finish Triple Threat match. Both Jones and Mexico fought hard, but LeGrenier was able to pick up the victory on Mexico in just under seven minutes to retain his title.

After taking Josh Jones’ short title reign away from him in November, Philippe LeGrenier entered 2014 looking to extend his Alternative Title run throughout the year. Much the same as the champion before him, LeGrenier’s reign wouldn’t last long at all. At MAW Wrestling 10 in January, Syd Collier would defeat Philippe for the title in a match that also included Cameron Jones. Syd Collier would go on to defend the belt throughout the year and took the title into MAW Wrestling 19, just two weeks prior to Where It All Begins Again in October. Collier won a four way elimination match to retain his title, but MAW newcomer Xavi Ferrera did not take kindly to the loss. He viciously attack the champion after the match was over. This led to Collier requesting a match with Xavi two weeks later at Where It All Begins Again. MAW management granted his request under the condition that he put his Alternative Title on the line. He agreed and the two met to open the biggest show of the year. Collier fought hard but was not able to overcome Xavi’s skillset inside the ring. In just under six minutes, the MAW newcomer pinned Collier in the center of the ring and captured the Alternative Title.

Promotion News

Calling 2014 a HUGE year for MAW would be an understatement. SWF was going through some tough times with their head booker and it was their show ratings that suffered; Again. For what had to be the sixth time in five years, SWF’s fanbase shrunk and the promotion fell to Cult. They were forced to cut ties with some of their midcard talent, but SWF’s loss was MAW’s gain. During the first week in May, MAW agreed to contracts with two men who had finally caught their break, but were the casualties of SWF’s drop in size. Who were they?

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/James%20Prudence.jpghttp://www.clabobby.com/maw/Darryl%20Devine.jpg

James Prudence Darryl Devine

With James Prudence and Darryl Devine coming back into MAW to help elevate them to the next level, Maw management carried a wave of momentum as the year progressed. While Devine and Prudence were big signings in their own right, the biggest of the year was yet to come. In July of that year the next casualty of SWF’s recent troubles signed a contract with Maw and turned out to be the biggest signing ever.

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/Aaron%20Andrews.jpg

Aaron Andrews

Aaron Andrews, who had jumped ship from TCW to SWF in late 2012, made his presence felt immediately as he became a threat for the Mid Atlantic Title instantly. 2014 also saw the return of KC Glenn to MAW competition. Glenn was fresh off of testing the Japanese wrestling scene out. Unfortunately, Jacob Jett, Remmy Skye and Tigre Salvaje, Jr all said goodbye to MAW in 2014 as well. Skye cited wanting to concentrate on CZCW competition, while Jacob Jett signed an exclusive deal with WLW in Japan.

In May, rumors began circulating around Aaron Fujita’s personal wealth. In an internet interview it was revealed that Aaron’s grandfather, a former high ranking executive with NASA had passed away. Aaron also revealed a trust fund that had been set up by his grandfather had become available to him after the death. While the exact figure remains unknown, Fujita’s trust fund was rumored to be worth over twenty million dollars. Fujita, the behind the scenes head booker of MAW, donated a portion of his money to the construction of the newest MAW building. The Mid Atlantic Center was built to hold a capacity of 7500 fans and featured a state of the art office portion to serve as MAW’s headquarters.

OOC Note: I'm happy to be working on this again and I thank everyone who is viewing this. I think what I'm going to do to help not burn myself out is hold back a bit on the depth of results. I think that was most of my problem in the past. All that's left to post is the 2015 year in review through Where it All Begins again. That's the last show I've got completed and I figure I'll start with the full diary in November 2015.

Robbie

this is good stuff. I like a 'future' game as much as one in the past.

The c-verse is most interesting when it starts to mutate a bit

I am surely glad that you are reading, but want to be sure that you know that I actually started with the original data and have played almost a full five years in. I hope it doesn't deter you from reading!

Robbie

Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents - 2015: A Year in Review Part I – The Rip Chord Invitational and The Mid Atlantic Title

The Rip Chord Invitational X

MAW entered 2015 with a ton of momentum on their side. They had acquired some rather large names in 2014 and looked poised to move up the ranks. They opened the year with the tenth annual Rip Chord Invitational. The field was once again twelve competitors and consisted of James Prudence, Frankie Perez, KC Glenn, Darryl Devine, American Patriot, Masked Cougar, Davis Wayne Newton, Lenny Brown, Aaron Andrews, Casey Valentine, Aaron Fujita and Hugh de Aske. The first round saw some classic matches as James Prudence defeated Frankie Perez, KC Glenn defeated Darryl Devine, Davis Wayne Newton defeated Lenny Brown, Aaron Andrews defeated Casey Valentine and Aaron Fujita defeated Hugh de Aske.

In the second round, the competition level was increased. Aaron Fujita had the unlucky task of getting precisely five minutes to rest between his first and second round matches. Despite the short rest period, Aaron was able to defeat American Patriot and enter the finals. Aaron Andrews and James Prudence finally met inside the ring, giving fans the SWF midcard match that they had dreamed of. The match was back and forth, with neither man staying in control for very long. Aaron Andrews picked up the victory and advanced to the finals. In the third and final semi-final match, Davis Wayne Newton defeated KC Glenn in a Match of the Night contender.

The three-way elimination style finals were set and Aaron Fujita, Davis Wayne Newton and Aaron Andrews went to the ring with a spot in the main event of Where It All Begins Again hanging in the balance. The fans were behind the two Aaron’s and solidly against Davis Wayne Newton and his attitude. Newton lived up to the crowd’s expectations, trying to take shortcuts wherever he could. Referee Scott Styles reprimanded him and threatened to disqualify the youngster, which changed his tune. The match went a total of twenty minutes, even after each man had competed in two prior matches. The first elimination came at the sixteen minute mark when Aaron Andrews planted Fujita with a devastating inverted DDT that dropped him right on his head. Aaron Fujita had been eliminated. The crowd applauded Fujita’s efforts as he walked to the back leaving Newton and Andrews to square off. With exhaustion setting in, these two youngsters began to wear down mentally and physically all the same. Newton began to target Andrews’ neck and back to setup his STF submission. Andrews was visibly favoring those body parts and Newton attacked like a shark that sensed blood. As they approached the eighteen minute mark, Newton saw his opportunity and caught Andrews in the STF.

The crowd was loud and crazy as they tried to will Andrews to the ropes for a break of the hold. He inched closer and closer, his fingertips just centimeters from the bottom rope when Newton released the hold and dragged him back to the center of the ring to lock it back in. Andrews was on the brink of tapping out, now caught in the hold for a minute straight. He inched his way closer to the ropes once more and was finally able to grasp the bottom rope to break the hold. The crowd exploded as Scott Styles told Newton to let go. Newton was in complete control and lifted Andrews to his feet. Newton landed a few chops that backed Andrews into the corner. Davis was relentless with the chops, forcing Scott Styles to apply a five count. When Newton did not back away at five, Styles interjected himself and pushed him back. Newton spent a few seconds arguing with the official, giving Andrews some much needed seconds to catch his breath. Newton planted a boot to Andrews’ stomach and attempted the Fisherman’s Suplex, but Andrews rotated right over Newton’s head, landing on his feet. Not even giving Newton time to turn around, Andrews clenched Davis’s head and planted him with the same inverted DDT, named the Ace Driver, which had eliminated Aaron Fujita. Andrews covered as the crowd went into a frenzy as Scott Styles counted to three and awarded the match to Aaron.

The Mid Atlantic Title

El Heroe Mexicano carried the momentum from his surprise Mid Atlantic Title victory into 2015 and was able to successfully defend his title against American Patriot, KC Glenn and others. El Heroe Mexicano was garnering a lot of attention from the wrestling world and it was well deserved. One of the early highlights of his time with the belt came in May at MAW Wrestling 26 when he teamed up with the man he’d be facing at Where It All Begins Again, Aaron Andrews to take on Davis Wayne Newton and James Prudence. Newton had been playing games with Mexicano and only furthered things by pinning the Mid Atlantic Champion in the tag match. Newton got into the ear of MAW Executives and convinced them he was worthy of a title shot at MAW’s May super show, Old School Rules.

Newton allowed Heroe to name the match type, a ladder match. In an early contender for Match of the Year these two pulled out all the stops and entertained 4600 fans inside The Mid Atlantic Center. The match went almost a half hour and was filled with a lot of offense from atop the ladder. The match saw both men take falls from the ladder, landing awkwardly on the mat below. They pushed forward into the twenty-fifth minute when Heroe took a chance by setting up a stack of four tables outside of the ring. Newton had recovered inside the ring and was beginning to scale the ladder. Sensing his title was in jeopardy; Heroe scampered into the ring and scaled the other side of the ladder. The two men met on the top of the ladder and began exchanging blows. The crowd was on the edge of their seats as the punches turned to headbutts that sent each man reeling backwards. They were able to keep their grasp on the ladder and neither man fell. Heroe gained the advantage with two successive headbutts, but the blows staggered him as well. Newton gathered himself and reached up, clenching the belt with both hands. He pulled the belt towards his body and then thrusted it forward, connecting with Mexicano’s skull. The mask covering his face wasn’t enough to soften the blow and Heroe fell backwards from the ladder and through the stack of tables at ringside. All alone on the ladder, Davis Wayne Newton unhooked the Mid Atlantic Title and dropped to his feet as the new champion.

With the victory, Davis Wayne Newton was now in the sights of Aaron Andrews. Andrews cut a slew of promos in the next few weeks that put over Newton as a competitor but buried him as a man. Feeling threatened, Newton challenged Andrews to find a partner and face him in a tag team match when MAW presented MAW Wrestling 28 in July. Newton named Casey Valentine as his partner which led to Aaron Andrews recruiting the help of KC Glenn. Glenn and Valentine had developed a rivalry of their own and had already agreed to meet at WIABA in a singles contest. With these two feuds coming together in a tag team match, the result was an epic battle in front of 6500 screaming MAW fans. Valentine and Newton defeated Andrews and Glenn, but all four men earned praise for their efforts. The match garnered numerous reviews on the internet with some giving it a grade of 91/100.

The four men would have a return match of the same quality at The Battle of the Mid Atlantic in August. Andrews and Glenn emerged victorious in that contest, giving each man bragging rights heading into their respective matches at MAW’s biggest show of the year.

Up next: A look at the Traditional, All Action and Alternative Titles

Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents - 2015: A Year in Review Part II – The Lower Level Titles and Promotion Notes

Lassana Makutsi carried the belt into 2015 after capturing it at Where It All Begins Again. Makutsi had been slowly rising up the ranks of MAW since his debut and had finally captured gold. As Lassana took the first steps to solidify himself as champion, another young man fresh off of his TCW contract was taking MAW by storm. Quentin Queen had scored some big victories in the opening stages of his MAW career and stepped up to the plate in search of Makutsi’s Traditional Title. The two met in March at Super Showdown with the title on the line and put on an outstanding match to open the show. Makutsi did all he could to protect his title, but in the end it was Quentin Queen picking up the victory and tasting gold for the first time in MAW.

Queen pushed forward through 2015 as WIABA loomed ahead. Quentin took a less active approach as past champions had, defending his title less often. Though when he did put the belt on the line it was against world class opponents such as Aaron Fujita, El Heroe Mexicano, Lenny Brown and James Prudence. As the company entered October MAW management felt that Queen had had it relatively easy as champion and announced that he would be defending the Traditional Title in a four way Ladder Match at WIABA. His challengers for the belt would be Frankie Perez, El Heroe Mexicano and Lenny Brown.

Philippe LaGrenier was one of few that had successfully defended a title at WIABA. He pushed into 2015 looking to set MAW’s midcard on fire. The Canadian successfully defended his title against the likes of Angel de Mexico, Kashmir Singh and Jared Johnson. When MAW returned to the Ohio Jewish Center in the Great Lakes region for the second edition of their new monthly event MAW Evolve, Josh Jones stepped up against the champion in a non-title contest. Jones came out victorious, thrusting him straight into contention for the title. So one week later at February’s event Wrestling Classic, jones challenged LaGrenier for the title. Jones proved lightning could strike the same place twice and picked up the victory to win the title.

Controversy swallowed the All Action Title in the next couple of weeks as MAW Executives claimed Jones had not gone down the proper avenues to secure his title shot, making his match unsanctioned. Jones was stripped of the title, but it was not returned to LaGrenier. Instead a triple threat match was set for MAW Wrestling 24 in March. Jones and LaGrenier would join ring veteran Sammy the Shark, going under the name Sammy Shark, to fight for the title. In front of 1000 fans inside the Sweat Box in the South East region, Sammy Shark took advantage of the boiling tension between Jones and LaGrenier. With those two men preoccupied with each other, he was able to pin Jones and capture the title.

Shark, despite his hatred by the fans, proved to be THE fighting champion. On his first night with the belt, Sammy told MAW that he would be defending the title week in and week out because he was good enough to defeat anyone who came calling. He lived up to his word, putting the title on the line at all three monthly shows MAW presented. One month shy of WIABA, Shark cut a promo in the ring and claimed that he wanted to steal the show at MAW’s grand stage. So he issued an open challenge to any THREE men in the back that wanted a shot at the title. Hugh de Aske, Dominic Devito and Lassana Makutsi all emerged from the back. Inside the ring, the four men exchanged verbal unpleasantries and ened up brawling until MAW officials came out to separate them.

Xavi Ferrera wanted to gain a lot of momentum in 2015 by defending his belt often. He was arrogant, rude and relentless in the ring, which brought the fans to hate him. Xavi basked in that hatred and used it to feed his desire to be the best. In March at MAW Wrestling 24, Xavi put his belt on the line against the man that would always be living in the shadow of greatness; Edward Cornell. Cornell had been through tough times, listening to people wonder whether he would ever become a star like his cousin. Eddie took a step in the right direction when he upset Xavi Ferrera to win the Alternative Title.

Eddie carried the title into June and Fan Festival 2015 where he successfully defended it against former champion Syd Collier. After the match was over and Edward was recovering in the ring, MAW newcomer Seth Whitehead emerged from the back to make his debut. Clad in street clothes, Whitehead entered the ring and asked for a microphone. After receiving one, he picked up the title belt that Cornell had dropped while weary on his feet. White head handed the belt to Cornell and arrogantly said that Cornell needed to keep it warm for him because Whitehead had his sights on it. Whitehead said that he would be the man to defeat the younger Cornell and there was nothing that Eddie could do about it. The tension built between these two as they were forced to team together numerous times in the months leading up to WIABA. Finally, their match was upon them.

Promotion Notes

2015 proved to be an even bigger year through October. Some wondered what MAW could do to top what they had accomplished in 2014. Those questions were answered when MAW secured one of its biggest signings, arguably second only to Aaron Andrews.

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/Zimmy%20Bumfhole.jpg

Zimmy Bumfhole

As SWF continued to have trouble with show quality, they saw the need to downsize their roster throughout the year. Lenny Brown was the first to make his return in the first quarter of the year, followed quickly by Steven Parker. But it wasn’t until May that Bumfhole got his walking papers from SWF and promptly received a phone call from MAW. Some of the other names brought in during the course of the first ten months of 2015 were Quentin Queen, Amazing Fire Fly, Warren Technique and returning after a long absence, Antonio. Just before WIABA in October, MAW also brought back Cameron Vessey for another stint, fresh off of work in SWF again.

Big signings were not the only things occurring in the Mid Atlantic either. On April 1<sup>st</sup>, 2015 the legendary Rip Chord called a surprise press conference at The Mid Atlantic Center; the home of MAW. Chord shocked the wrestling world by announcing that he would be leaving the business, effective immediately. He cited his age and the desire to be at home with his family as the primary reasons for his retirement. In a short question and answer segment during the press conference, Chord was asked if his son Jay would be coming in to take over the company. Chord would not directly comment on the situation but did state that an investor was currently in discussions with Chord to purchase MAW. Many continued to speculate that Jay would be in charge of MAW before the end of the month, but those rumors stopped when it was learned that long time head booker Aaron Fujita had transferred money from his trust fund into the accounts at MAW. It was rumored that over $5,000,000 was moved, indicating that Fujita would be taking over. As April wore on, details began to come out on the deal for MAW. It was confirmed by an unnamed source that Fujita would indeed be purchasing Mid Atlantic Wrestling. But once again the wrestling world was shocked just days before their April show Americana when another press conference was called at The Mid Atlantic Center. A new deal had arisen in the week prior and the new owner of MAW was revealed.

http://www.clabobby.com/maw/Enforcer%20Roberts.jpg

Enforcer Roberts

Industry insiders have reported that Fujita was only days away from acquiring the company when Roberts emerged as an investor. Tensions have built between Roberts and Fujita, but the two maintain a professional relationship as they continue to take MAW up the ranks.

After years of putting on quality shows that rivaled its biggest competitors, MAW rose to be classified as Cult in May. This coupled with the money Aaron Fujita had invested in the company prior to the sale of the company, Maw underwent a complete contract restructuring as they signed their most coveted talents to Written contracts. MAW was also able to strike deals with National Pride TV and new Pay Per View company Adrenaline PPV to show their product to all of America. MAW Uprising is taped every Saturday and they present a pay per view event the last Sunday of every month.

Up next: Where It All Begins Again 2015........

Archived